Mdp Mayday Parade ~ Mayday Parade (new) uploaded by Jamie T.Mdp Mayday Parade ~ Mayday Parade (new) uploaded by Amanda P.

BY MDP

Personnel: Seth Mann (violin); Zack Odom (viola); Gail Burnett (cello); Kenneth Mount (trumpet).Audio Mixer: Daniel Korneff. Recording information: Tree Sound Studios, Norcross, GA; Vintage Song Studio, Alpharetta, GA. Illustrator: Jerrod Landon Porter. Arranger: Chris Barry. In press statements, the members of Tallahassee quintet Mayday Parade hinted that Anywhere But Here would have been a very different album if it were not recorded for Atlantic Records, and so, for their self-titled 2011 album, they switched to Independent Label Group with the hopes of preserving their creative vision. Strangely though, Mayday Parade isn't all that different from Anywhere But Here. The most notable change is that the songs on their third outing were written solely by the band. However, with the same production team behind their sound, the same bouncy four-chord blueprint, and the same prevalence for soft verses vs. loud choruses, the changes behind the curtain are barely noticeable. It does seem that the band is more aggressive and Derek Sanders is more heartfelt with his delivery, which is a major selling point for the group. It sounds as if the singer is genuinely filled with regret and resentment, and in the world of emo, that's what really counts. ~ Jason Lymangrover see more...

Buy on Jet.com
  • "Mayday Parade is one of my favorite bands, and I know all the words to all their songs!" in 1 review
Brian M.
Brian M.
Wallingford, CT
Mayday Parade is my all time favorite band, and this album proves why they're here to stay. Even though this album lyrically isn't as good as their previous work because of the loss of Jason Lancaster, the band bounced back and adapted a new style of writing that really translates well to the overall themes conveyed by this album. My personal favorites are You're Dead Wrong, A Shot Across the Bow, Without the Bitter, and Happy Endings. These songs have gotten me through some rough times and I hope that others are able to see the things I was able to see through their music and are able to give these songs their own special place in their hearts.
Katie W.
Katie W.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert
Saw them last time they played a warped tour festival and they brought the house down. Jumping and hollering! I know I had a good time because I lost my voice for a week after the show. If they aren't doing festivals they pack out smaller venues which makes for an in expensive concert ticket.
Breanna P.
Breanna P.
Gastonia, NC
Mayday parade used to be my favorite band back in highschool. They have pretty interesting and cool lyrics about heartbreak and different life experiences. I don't think they're too bad now, but don't listen to them if you're in a good mood.
Larisse K.
Larisse K.
Elizabeth, NJ
Pop Culture Expert
Their self titled album is perhaps my favorite one of all of their albums. It has my favorite song by them (No Heroes Allowed). I just saw them at Warped Tour 2016, for the first time ever and I almost cried bc it's like a dream come true!!
Alyia R.
Alyia R.
KISSIMMEE, FL
Pop Culture Expert
A very emotional album, but aren't all Maydays albums heart wrenching!? Very rarely do I listen to a whole album the first time without stopping but I was hooked on this one. Every song is sang beautifully and sonically just as beautiful
Nellie C.
Nellie C.
Port Byron, NY
Pop Culture Expert
I listened to them a lot back in the day, something about the lyrics that always stuck to me and gets you right in the feels. So many good songs, I recommend them all honestly. The were a HUGE band to listen to in my high school!
Angelina H.
Angelina H.
Louisville, KY
Pop Culture Expert
Mayday never lets me down. This was such an amazing album and to this day brings me back to high school memories and warped tour days. I am so happy that this band still makes such beautiful music and I hope they never stop.
Abby F.
Abby F.
Killeen, TX
Pop Culture Expert
Mayday Parade is one of my favorite bands of all times , every album they have ever put out I have absolutely loved! And I feel like anyone will love them , my boyfriend listens to rap but he has even started to love them!
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Silverdale, WA
Pop Culture Expert
Mayday Parade is by far my favorite band in the whole world. I could never ever get sick of them. Derrick's voice is liquid gold. This is fantastic album that I could listen to everyday all day and never get sick of.
Meghan H.
Meghan H.
Claxton , GA
Pop Culture Expert
This totally takes me back to my high school playlist. Fun pop type music with interesting lyrics. Definitely a trip to nostalgia land. I can remember listening to this almost daily as a teen. 90s kids will love it.
Mikayla F.