BY MCDONALD'S #7 in Dining

Since 1955, McDonald's has been proud to serve the world some of its favorite food. And along the way, McDonald's has managed not just to live history, but create it: from drive-thru restaurants to Chicken McNuggets to college credits from Hamburger U and much more.

• Who else LOVES McDonald's sweet tea? (: McDonald's6 Answers
  • What would you add in your dream McFlurry?🍦🍧🍨9 Answers
  • Are you a hamburger or pizza person? 😝 McDonald's16 Answers
Reviews (11923)
april n.
Forest lake , MN
Growing up, I would always go to McDonald’s. I was always obsessed with their “happy meals” and the toys that came in them.

Being 23, my opinions have drastically changed.

I love the fact that McDonald’s has a value menu, making it convenient and cheap for people who are coming from work or are on a tight budget - starting at $1. In that aspect, I think more fast food places should follow in their footsteps.

McDonald’s food though.. that is a different story. It’s convenience, yes. It’s helpful when I don’t want to make anything at home, yes. But after I eat it, it never fails, I don’t feel good afterwards. I almost always get s stomach ache after I order anything food wise from there. Which has almost completely turned me off from them.

I will say though, that their coffee is my absolute favorite. Their iced coffee to be particular. Usually, if I go to McDonald’s it’s for the coffee. I find it so good that I will go out of my way to find a McDonald’s for some coffee. Because for a large, it’s still not close to the price of one from Starbucks or Caribou coffee.

They have all sorts of other items aside from burgers, including ice cream, coffee, desserts, and chicken. They definitely have something for everyone, even the pickiest of eaters. However, I wouldn’t get your hopes up if you decide to go there for ice cream or a smoothie.. because for some reason, most of the time, their ice cream machine is down. 😒

From their overly salty (or cold) fries to their preservative loaded hamburgers.. McDonald’s has something for everyone.. but at what price?

Bottom line, I wouldn’t suggest McDonald’s to anyone really, but who hasn’t tried it?
Alexis L.
Lake Charles, LA
Whenever I was younger I like to eat at McDonald's and then I got a little bit older and I hated going to McDonald's I hated it and now I'm a teenager and my brother works at McDonald's and I tried McDonald's tried McDonald's not that long ago again and I started to like it I tried their new chicken tenders were so they're out of its it's good that's like my favorite thing and their dollar Hamburgers on my favorite thing on the menu and that's the only sauteed onions on the burger itself and I just love their daughter and I tried their smoothie for the first time at like ever and oh my God I love their strawberry banana smoothie I can not recommend it any I cannot recommend it more like I love it and if you like bananas and you like strawberries that's like they're perfect combination like it is amazing like I highly recommend you try it like it's the best that's my favorite thing on the menu dollar hamburger like I said before
Jonnay V.
I've loved McDonald since I was a kid for their happy meals and the super awesome toys that came with it. I still love McDonalds for a lot of their food. My favorite is the Egg McMuffin. I always have some kind of coupon also, and their app is really good for coupons. Besides the food, I think that overall McDonalds is a good company, especially for all that they do with the Ronald McDonald house. I feel good supporting a company that does good for others. Yeah, it's a fast food place, so you can't expect restaurant quality food, but for the price what you get is pretty good. For the price, can you really complain? Not to mention, the service is pretty quick, and even if there is a mistake with my order or anything, they've always compensated with remaking it and giving me coupons for free fries. Overall, a very good company with good customer service.
Mary Kate B.
Madison, AL
There's just something about McDonalds' fries. I will go get a burger from different places but always swing through McDonalds for a large fry.  Omg just writing this makes me want some.  Go on an add in breakfast burritos too!  They're simple, cheap, and delicious.

The ONLY reason that I'm not giving them 5 stars is because of the now condensed menu.  My local stores no longer offer the bagels and that breaks my heart.  The sauce on their bagels is to die for.  Just the perfect touch of dill.  Cinnamon bites also aren't available anymore.  Those were the perfect portion of dessert and were so ewy gewy warm and delicious!
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
If I'm being honest, I like McDonald's. Yes, I try to avoid it as much as I can because I know they use a lot of artificial ingredients and what not, but you cannot beat their prices. I mostly stick to the chicken products or breakfast items because I just feel like the beef is not of good enough quality for me to ingest. With all of this being said, I can gladly say that I will always love their coffee! The iced coffee is my favorite and yes, it does taste better depending how it's made! I love how they do seasonal flavors and offer vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel syrup as flavoring. The frappe's are a little too sweet for my taste, but they are very good quality also and WAY cheaper than a Starbucks Coffee frappuccino! All in all, I can say that Mcdonald's has it's good and bad moments. If you go to a Mcdonald's that is ran properly, you will get a decent meal for a great price.
Taneesha H.
Lewiston, UT
The prices keep going up, the food keeps getting worse. The fountain drinks are awesome and I really enjoy the caramel frappes. The food is made by people who never wash their hands or wear gloves (I used to work there and saw for myself). There wasn't even a working sink to wash hands other than the bathroom or sink for dishes. The meat doesn't taste real and often they pull food (fish, chicken, fries..) too early from the fryer, leaving you partly cooked food. Stay away from the food, the drinks are good though. (No ice because flies can get into it and they don't care/clean ice machine or bins)
Tracy G.
Tallahassee, FL
I used to love McDonalds. I worked there for a little while about 20 years. Recently they have started going down hill. Our orders are wrong 90% of the time. We went into inside one night because we sat in the drive thru for 10 and no answered. Only to find the staff hangout at the front counter not doing anything but listening to music. They person who was working the drive-thru had even taken off his head set. Bad past is the person who looked like the manager was goofing off with them as well. They never have any ice cream and seem to always be out of something. Service is going down but the prices keep going up. Makes no sense.
elizobeta B.
You’ve heard it all... the terrible and disgusting food, the people that walk In. And it’s all true. The food may be very cheap but I dislike it very much. It’s not healthy at all and sometimes I feel like I’m eating something that isn’t real meat!!! So please tell me, would you really risk your “life” here!!
Jordan M.
The only reason why I won’t give McDonald’s a five star review is because the ingredients are obviously not the highest quality. However, it’s still my go-to place whenever I want something savory. I also really enjoy their iced coffee. It’s really cheap and the service is normally fairly fast, so if you’re on the move a lot, McDonald’s is a good place to go for fast food. The French fries can’t be beat!
Shalayna G.
Purvis, MS
My favorite from McDonald's is the spicy chicken sandwich with mayo, mustard and extra pickles, french fries and ice cold barq's rootbeer!! Yummy, and super affordable! I get this meal for unfer $5!! The chicken nuggets are made from all white meat!
Nicole L.
Iron river , WI
What is your favorite sweet treat?
Karen A.
What is your favorite things to get
Isabel G.
What's so great about McDonald's?
Grace B.
Union, KY
I don't eat meat but I do eat fish, what are some good food options for me to eat here?
Mallory B.
How do you feel about the McDonald's app? Why or why not?