BY MCDONALD'S #4 in Dining

Since 1955, McDonald's has been proud to serve the world some of its favorite food. And along the way, McDonald's has managed not just to live history, but create it: from drive-thru restaurants to Chicken McNuggets to college credits from Hamburger U and much more.

• Who else LOVES McDonald's sweet tea? (: McDonald's7 Answers
  • Mcdonalds fries or Wendy's fries?11 Answers
  • What would you add in your dream McFlurry?🍦🍧🍨10 Answers
Esha Z.
Lorton, VA
I'm Muslim and eat halal, and in the U.S there are no halal locations as far as I know, so during the rare days (as in once every 3-4 years!!!!!!) that I do go, I order a McCafe drink, Filet-o-fish, and fries.
The fries and drinks are reasonably priced but the sandwiches themselves are small for about $4..... I could go to Subway and get a much larger sandwich for the same price. The drinks are nice and fries are always amazing!
*They make you fresh fries if you tell them you want them unsalted! Also, don't go for ice cream or McFlurry's... it's yummy but their ice cream machine is ALWAYSS "broken"*
There is something for most people, and the little toys appeal to children, they also do have some slightly healthy options (Hey its still fast food, your customization make it more or less healthy) but for the most part I neverrrr eat here: No halal options, so unhealthy for your body, and overpriced for such small portions..
Jonnay V.
I've loved McDonald since I was a kid for their happy meals and the super awesome toys that came with it. I still love McDonalds for a lot of their food. My favorite is the Egg McMuffin. I always have some kind of coupon also, and their app is really good for coupons. Besides the food, I think that overall McDonalds is a good company, especially for all that they do with the Ronald McDonald house. I feel good supporting a company that does good for others. Yeah, it's a fast food place, so you can't expect restaurant quality food, but for the price what you get is pretty good. For the price, can you really complain? Not to mention, the service is pretty quick, and even if there is a mistake with my order or anything, they've always compensated with remaking it and giving me coupons for free fries. Overall, a very good company with good customer service.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Growing up, I would always go to McDonald’s. I was always obsessed with their “happy meals” and the toys that came in them.

Being 23, my opinions have drastically changed.

I love the fact that McDonald’s has a value menu, making it convenient and cheap for people who are coming from work or are on a tight budget - starting at $1. In that aspect, I think more fast food places should follow in their footsteps.

McDonald’s food though.. that is a different story. It’s convenience, yes. It’s helpful when I don’t want to make anything at home, yes. But after I eat it, it never fails, I don’t feel good afterwards. I almost always get s stomach ache after I order anything food wise from there. Which has almost completely turned me off from them.

I will say though, that their coffee is my absolute favorite. Their iced coffee to be particular. Usually, if I go to McDonald’s it’s for the coffee. I find it so good that I will go out of my way to find a McDonald’s for some coffee. Because for a large, it’s still not close to the price of one from Starbucks or Caribou coffee.

They have all sorts of other items aside from burgers, including ice cream, coffee, desserts, and chicken. They definitely have something for everyone, even the pickiest of eaters. However, I wouldn’t get your hopes up if you decide to go there for ice cream or a smoothie.. because for some reason, most of the time, their ice cream machine is down. 😒

From their overly salty (or cold) fries to their preservative loaded hamburgers.. McDonald’s has something for everyone.. but at what price?

Bottom line, I wouldn’t suggest McDonald’s to anyone really, but who hasn’t tried it?
Tracy G.
Tallahassee, FL
I used to love McDonalds. I worked there for a little while about 20 years. Recently they have started going down hill. Our orders are wrong 90% of the time. We went into inside one night because we sat in the drive thru for 10 and no answered. Only to find the staff hangout at the front counter not doing anything but listening to music. They person who was working the drive-thru had even taken off his head set. Bad past is the person who looked like the manager was goofing off with them as well. They never have any ice cream and seem to always be out of something. Service is going down but the prices keep going up. Makes no sense.
Rhonda A.
Ive loved McDonald's from way back when.  My favorite breakfast to order is bacon egg and cheese biscuit. At lunch my favorite is the fish fillet.  My favorite dessert I'd hot fudge sundae. McDonalds is pretty reasonable price wise even though the prices are raising. The only problem I have is when the sandwiches come to you, even if fresh they are covered in grease. And they are doing much better with order accuracy than they had been in the past. I will definitely eat here again just because I love it.
chelsey w.
Mc Rae, AR
Ok so there is something comforting about the fact that you can go out of the country and know there is a McDonald's for breakfast or wifi when you need it. We went in Colombia a few years ago and recently in New Zealand. I love that they tweak the menu in each country to be true to McDonald's but something unique to the country as well! I LOVE the McCafes in New Zealand!! They have the best flat whites and serve the drinks in real glassware!! And the pastries are amazing. Wish we had that in the U.S. It would be a hit
x x.
x
I’ve been picking up on going to visit McDonald’s because they are so inexpensive, they serve your order very quickly, and is now specializing in coffee. I’ve been going to McDonald’s a lot for their caramel macchiato because the taste of coffee is not too strong and is not too sweet either. It’s a perfect combination and I love it. If you haven’t tried their new specialized coffee you should !!
Brittany P.
Freeburg, IL
I don't really know any red-blooded American that doesn't love McDonald's but as I've gotten older I've become more aware of what types of food I'm putting into my body.  Fast food is convenient and works very well for my busy lifestyle but I've become disillusioned with McDonald's since they offer so few healthy options.  I used to love the grilled chicken Caesar salad and I'm really disappointed that it and several other healthy options are no longer available.
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
I love McDonald’s sweet tea!! I am such a huge fan if I could give it a 10 star rating I totally would!! I am not a sweet tea junkie, but they have the perfect amount of everything in this ☕️ tea!! It’s so sweet but yet not overbearing. It’s literally perfection in a cup! If you love sweet tea, you have to try this! Plus, they are quick and easy! You can also get it by the gallon which is amazing! Go try some seriously!! I would for sure recommend this tea! I love it!
Alexis L.
Lake Charles, LA
Whenever I was younger I like to eat at McDonald's and then I got a little bit older and I hated going to McDonald's I hated it and now I'm a teenager and my brother works at McDonald's and I tried McDonald's tried McDonald's not that long ago again and I started to like it I tried their new chicken tenders were so they're out of its it's good that's like my favorite thing and their dollar Hamburgers on my favorite thing on the menu and that's the only sauteed onions on the burger itself and I just love their daughter and I tried their smoothie for the first time at like ever and oh my God I love their strawberry banana smoothie I can not recommend it any I cannot recommend it more like I love it and if you like bananas and you like strawberries that's like they're perfect combination like it is amazing like I highly recommend you try it like it's the best that's my favorite thing on the menu dollar hamburger like I said before
Nicole L.
Iron river , WI
What is your favorite sweet treat?
Karen A.
What is your favorite things to get
Isabel G.
What's so great about McDonald's?
Grace B.
Union, KY
I don't eat meat but I do eat fish, what are some good food options for me to eat here?
Matilde R.