BY MCDONALD'S #5 in Dining

Since 1955, McDonald's has been proud to serve the world some of its favorite food. And along the way, McDonald's has managed not just to live history, but create it: from drive-thru restaurants to Chicken McNuggets to college credits from Hamburger U and much more.

• Who else LOVES McDonald's sweet tea? (: McDonald's6 Answers
  • Mcdonalds fries or Wendy's fries?9 Answers
  • What would you add in your dream McFlurry?🍦🍧🍨9 Answers
Jonnay V.
I've loved McDonald since I was a kid for their happy meals and the super awesome toys that came with it. I still love McDonalds for a lot of their food. My favorite is the Egg McMuffin. I always have some kind of coupon also, and their app is really good for coupons. Besides the food, I think that overall McDonalds is a good company, especially for all that they do with the Ronald McDonald house. I feel good supporting a company that does good for others. Yeah, it's a fast food place, so you can't expect restaurant quality food, but for the price what you get is pretty good. For the price, can you really complain? Not to mention, the service is pretty quick, and even if there is a mistake with my order or anything, they've always compensated with remaking it and giving me coupons for free fries. Overall, a very good company with good customer service.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Growing up, I would always go to McDonald’s. I was always obsessed with their “happy meals” and the toys that came in them.

Being 23, my opinions have drastically changed.

I love the fact that McDonald’s has a value menu, making it convenient and cheap for people who are coming from work or are on a tight budget - starting at $1. In that aspect, I think more fast food places should follow in their footsteps.

McDonald’s food though.. that is a different story. It’s convenience, yes. It’s helpful when I don’t want to make anything at home, yes. But after I eat it, it never fails, I don’t feel good afterwards. I almost always get s stomach ache after I order anything food wise from there. Which has almost completely turned me off from them.

I will say though, that their coffee is my absolute favorite. Their iced coffee to be particular. Usually, if I go to McDonald’s it’s for the coffee. I find it so good that I will go out of my way to find a McDonald’s for some coffee. Because for a large, it’s still not close to the price of one from Starbucks or Caribou coffee.

They have all sorts of other items aside from burgers, including ice cream, coffee, desserts, and chicken. They definitely have something for everyone, even the pickiest of eaters. However, I wouldn’t get your hopes up if you decide to go there for ice cream or a smoothie.. because for some reason, most of the time, their ice cream machine is down. 😒

From their overly salty (or cold) fries to their preservative loaded hamburgers.. McDonald’s has something for everyone.. but at what price?

Bottom line, I wouldn’t suggest McDonald’s to anyone really, but who hasn’t tried it?
Mary Kate B.
Madison, AL
There's just something about McDonalds' fries. I will go get a burger from different places but always swing through McDonalds for a large fry.  Omg just writing this makes me want some.  Go on an add in breakfast burritos too!  They're simple, cheap, and delicious.

The ONLY reason that I'm not giving them 5 stars is because of the now condensed menu.  My local stores no longer offer the bagels and that breaks my heart.  The sauce on their bagels is to die for.  Just the perfect touch of dill.  Cinnamon bites also aren't available anymore.  Those were the perfect portion of dessert and were so ewy gewy warm and delicious!
Yaritza V.
Laredo
ATTENTION!!! I like the prices that McDonalds have, unfortunately In a moment I was concerned with the comments that people have said about their paddies. If McDonalds would of being more healthy I would like it... but once I did a researcher about McDonalds and I found out that its salad is more fattening that their hamburgers and i was amazed! When I presented it to my classmates they were also shocked. I am not saying McDonalds is the worst fast food restaurant, but it is also not the best.
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
If I'm being honest, I like McDonald's. Yes, I try to avoid it as much as I can because I know they use a lot of artificial ingredients and what not, but you cannot beat their prices. I mostly stick to the chicken products or breakfast items because I just feel like the beef is not of good enough quality for me to ingest. With all of this being said, I can gladly say that I will always love their coffee! The iced coffee is my favorite and yes, it does taste better depending how it's made! I love how they do seasonal flavors and offer vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel syrup as flavoring. The frappe's are a little too sweet for my taste, but they are very good quality also and WAY cheaper than a Starbucks Coffee frappuccino! All in all, I can say that Mcdonald's has it's good and bad moments. If you go to a Mcdonald's that is ran properly, you will get a decent meal for a great price.
Tracy G.
Tallahassee, FL
I used to love McDonalds. I worked there for a little while about 20 years. Recently they have started going down hill. Our orders are wrong 90% of the time. We went into inside one night because we sat in the drive thru for 10 and no answered. Only to find the staff hangout at the front counter not doing anything but listening to music. They person who was working the drive-thru had even taken off his head set. Bad past is the person who looked like the manager was goofing off with them as well. They never have any ice cream and seem to always be out of something. Service is going down but the prices keep going up. Makes no sense.
Rhonda A.
Ive loved McDonald's from way back when.  My favorite breakfast to order is bacon egg and cheese biscuit. At lunch my favorite is the fish fillet.  My favorite dessert I'd hot fudge sundae. McDonalds is pretty reasonable price wise even though the prices are raising. The only problem I have is when the sandwiches come to you, even if fresh they are covered in grease. And they are doing much better with order accuracy than they had been in the past. I will definitely eat here again just because I love it.
Laura S.
Round Rock, TX
They are a few places that I do love eating at. The location near my work is the only place that makes everything right. I have tried locations near my apartment and none of them can do it right or I get sick from that location. I'm not sure what's going on with that. Sometimes I have noticed the locations near my apartment their coffees are watered down (Yes they do that). I used to work for McDonald's so I know I few places do that. The one near my work now doesn't do that. I can tell because the taste is so much better.
Jennifer M.
Shelton
I think McDonalds is a nostalgic place for many people.  Quarter pounder with cheese is my go to when we eat at McDonalds. It’s a lot harder for my vegetarian daughter to find something to eat. I appreciate in recent years they have added healthier options to the Happy Meals. I don’t understand  why they still dont have a veggie burger in the year 2018. McDonalds needs to be more invested in growing trends about healthy eating and making more options available.
Brittany P.
Freeburg, IL
I don't really know any red-blooded American that doesn't love McDonald's but as I've gotten older I've become more aware of what types of food I'm putting into my body.  Fast food is convenient and works very well for my busy lifestyle but I've become disillusioned with McDonald's since they offer so few healthy options.  I used to love the grilled chicken Caesar salad and I'm really disappointed that it and several other healthy options are no longer available.
Nicole L.
Iron river , WI
What is your favorite sweet treat?
Karen A.
What is your favorite things to get
Isabel G.
What's so great about McDonald's?
Grace B.
Union, KY
I don't eat meat but I do eat fish, what are some good food options for me to eat here?
Mallory B.
How do you feel about the McDonald's app? Why or why not?