BY MCCORMICK

Red Pepper (Cayenne) is the ripened, dried pod of the Capsicum Frutescens. The capsicum family of spices includes sweet, or bell, pepper, paprika and jalapeno chilies. Used when "heat" is desired, the dried pepper is available ground or crushed. The color is an orange-red to deep red and capsaicin is the main constituent producing the hot taste.

Usage Tips

Use a dash to 1/8 tsp. to 6 eggs for stuffed or scrambled eggs.

• Add to tomato juice, barbecue sauce, guacamole, omelets, dips and spreads.
• Use in vegetable soup, meat loaf, pot roast, stews, spiced shrimp and deviled crab.

Jaydie T.
Sioux Falls
In my house, this HAS to be in bulk. It goes good in anything, whether it's potatoes, brownies, eggs, soup, cookies. I love heat, and this adds a nice small kick to anything
Katherine G.
Jacksonville, FL
#InfluensterEats McCormick has long been a spice or seasoning brand we’ve used in my household, so when I grew up and needed anything for a recipe I’d start there. I love their cayenne pepper spice and use it to add a kick to all my meals, especially the crawfish Cajun kind.
Carly B.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Best brand out there. Tons of flavor and lasts forever! The quality and quantity is wonderful for the price. I use crushed red pepper for everything from pizza topping to add spice to my spaghetti sauce. This adds the perfect amount of spice. I highly recommend this product.
Vivian T.
West Covina, CA
I purchased this hoping it to be spicy and it wasn't at all. However, for people who are purchasing this for just a hint of spice this will do. It had a strong smell of red pepper. Next time, I would stick to crushed red peppers instead.
Megan V.
Mc Clure, OH
I wasn't really big on spices until I started working at this restaurant, where I found cayenne pepper. I am a big fan of spicy things. I like to put it on almost everything from potatoes to quesadillas!
DInah G.
I enjoy using red pepper all over my pizza. It's delicious & actually really good for you. You can use it as a seasoning to cook meat or the way I did spread on top of pizza or other delicious foods.
Melissa T.
Victorville , Ca
McCormick makes some of my favorite seasonings. I have been using red pepper to spice up my food for many years. It has a good flavor, not too hot. I like to add it to my eggs, soup and most of my dinners.
Kimberly B.
Red Pepper is added to so much more than pizza... although most don't use it for that. This is the perfect size container to get the red pepper out so it can be used in recipes.
Kaitlyn L.
Annapolis, MD
I LOVEEEEEE spicy. A lot of times people do not like it so this makes it very easy to make my own dish spicy. You do not need much to make it spicy. It will last a long time!
sandra s.
Oakbrook Ter, IL
Great ground red pepper that adds a boost of spice to any dish you're making. Since I love spicy food, I always have this stuff on hand to toss in to whatever I'm making!

back