McCormick® Original Cocktail Sauce for Seafood uploaded by Julie P.McCormick® Original Cocktail Sauce for Seafood uploaded by Julie P.

BY MCCORMICK

McCormick® Cocktail Sauce for Seafood complements the flavor of shrimp, oysters, clams, fish and other seafood. Its rich flavor has just the right amount of sweetness and horseradish. This is the famous formula developed and sold for many years to favorite restaurants all over the continent.

Tomato Paste, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Vinegar, Horseradish, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Onion, Sodium Benzoate (Added As A Preservative), Red Pepper, Xanthan Gum, Natural And Artificial Flavors, And Garlic.

Buy on Amazon
Julie P.
Jacksonville
I would have previously rated this product 5 stars, and I would buy it like 4 jars at a time since only some stores have it. Like the other two recent reviewers from March, I am shocked by the change they have made to this cocktail "sauce", which apparently happened in March but I'm just now encountering it since I buy so many jars at a time.

It's so thick that I can scoop it onto a spoon and turn the spoon upside down and it doesn't fall off. I thought it was frozen when I first opened it, that is how thick it is! It doesn't look or taste quite the same either, obviously they have not only changed the look of the glass jar, but the "sauce" itself. I cannot see the horseradish in the sauce anymore either. I don't even like the jar they are using either, because the neck is so narrow that it's hard to get a spoon into it. I never did pour the sauce because I don't like a mess on the jar, and with this new version you can't pour it anyway. It's a complete failure on their part.

I would think they would have to do consumer testing when they change the ingredients and container and I cannot imagine how this passed testing, it's just awful. The only positive is that they now have the ingredients and nutritional information on the label, whereas before it was strangely missing from the jar. They need to change the ingredients and jar back to what they had before and design a label for that, because I know that that we are not the only ones that won't be buying it anymore.

To those of you who already reviewed here or leave a review in the future, please go to McCormick's web site on the page for the Original Cocktail Sauce and leave the same review there also. We need to make sure they are seeing the reviews so that hopefully they will hear us and change it back to what it was before.

Google "mccormick original cocktail sauce" and it should be the top result. It will be on the mccormick.com domain. Go there and leave a review.
Jasmine B.
Cedar Rapids
I uses to love this cocktail sauce until they changed the bottle and the product. Safe to say its not linger sauce and is now cocktails paste!!! I won't purchase it again!!
member-10691
A terrible mistake! They not only changed the classic look of the bottle, but the 'sauce' is way too thick, more like a paste.  I used it a lot and would buy as many as five at a time.  I won't be buying it any more.
Chris M.
Kingsport, TN
A not to spicy cocktail sauce for seafood. This seafood sauce is primarily tomato based and is for those who want flavor and not heat.
Kim K.
Greenwood, AR
It has great flavor! It taste great on imitation crab in a bag. It has the perfect amount of hot flavor added to it!
Rachel V.
Has great cocktail flavor, I agree it is not very hot/spicy. You can add horseradish to increase spice.
Caitlyn H.
Quesnel , BC
I enjoy this cocktail sauce, perfect accompanied by seafood- shrimp. The flavour is very delicious and the consistency is definitely there as well. The price could be a little cheaper, but overall a good cocktail sauce.