McCormick® Oregano Leaves uploaded by Karla T.

BY MCCORMICK

Also known as "Wild Marjoram", oregano is the leaf of the plant Origanum, a member of the mint family. Oregano's flavor and strength vary widely according to the climate and region where it is grown. The hot and dry Mediterranean climate yields a robust, full flavor with a slightly bitter and peppery taste. The cooler regions of Europe and North America yield a more delicate aroma and sweeter taste. McCormick's oregano is available in whole leaves or ground form. McCormick's oregano leaves are carefully selected to insure consistency in leaf size, color and flavor.

• Is this your favorite brand for all your spices?4 Answers
Judith M.
De mis especias imprescindibles en mi cocina. Excelente para preparaciones italianas, carnes, aves, salsas y panes. La calidad y sabor de esta marca me encanta. Siempre McCormick es mi primera elección, estoy muy satisfecha con este producto.
betsy d.
Arcola, IL
Mmm i love cooking with oregano leaves especially when it comes to making Mexican dishes my favorite is pozole a mexican soup when the dish is done i like to put some leaves on my hand and crush them rubbing my two hands together and into the dish it goes and the aroma is so relaxing
Lindsay J.
I have used this to sprinkle on my pizza or when also making spaghetti sauce but it is also a great tool when you prepare peas or eggplant or carrots and tomato dishes!
Tripti N.
I use this mostly in my homemade bread crumbs. Very Italian tasting and definitely tasty on a good pasta dish. I love McCormick seasonings, they definitely taste good with just a little bit.
Sandra H.
Austin, TX
I love oregano and use it mostly for italian cooking. pizzas, pastas, meatballs, meatloaf.. so much more! i also use it also just to season veggies i am cooking
Kiamesha B.
Valrico, FL
Next best to the fresh thing! People knock herbs unless they are fresh picked from a garden but these must be dried differently because the flavor really pops!
Dana D.
Ewa Beach, HI
Love herbs. i know some chefs who like to use dried over fresh (well of course depends which dish you're making) but i like dried as much as fresh.
Elise B.
Charlotte, MI
Awesome on homemade pizza! Put it on right after the sauce. Delicious! We love to have oregano on pizza and have been doing it for years!
Alexis D.
Berlin, NJ
Must have in my kitchen and just about most of my cooking. I married into an extremely Italian family and this is one of my go tos.
S S.
It is a great quality herb.The aroma is really good.I use them in pasta dishes,soups ,pizzas.Goes really well.

Julie W.
Victoria, BC
Is this your favorite brand for all your spices?