McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground uploaded by Caroline H.McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground uploaded by Margarita H.McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground uploaded by Dominique C.

BY MCCORMICK #76 in Spices

McCormick® ground nutmeg lends nutty, slightly sweet flavor and aroma to a variety of dishes. Try it in everything from savory Indian curries and classic béchamel sauce to desserty recipes for vanilla custard, eggnog and more.  Or pair it with similar spices, including cinnamon, allspice and mace to enhance the taste of your favorite recipes.

About Ground Nutmeg

Ground nutmeg fills the kitchen with a sweet, nutty aroma when holiday cookies and spice cakes are in the oven. For a festive touch, we love to add a dash to frothy eggnog or baked vanilla custard. On the savory side, nutmeg brings a warm undertone to white sauces like the classic béchamel used in Mediterranean pasta casseroles. (Think spinach lasagna!) It’s savored in cuisines around the world, from Indian curries to Scandinavian cream sauces. You’ll find ground nutmeg flavoring sausages, slow-cooked meat and tomato sauces, winter squash and sweet potato dishes and creamed vegetables. You can even shake it onto your next bowl of macaroni and cheese. Ground nutmeg should deliver a soft, sweet aroma like the first perfect sip of eggnog.

Nutmeg

Sara B.
Richland, WA
I have been using the mcCormick brand spices for years and years! They are always fresh and the price is always right! I love the McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground ! I use it primarily for baking and as well on top of eggnog which is a must for my family! You just can’t beat the McCormick brand!
April L. T.
Beaumont, TX
This is one of my favorite spice to cook with! It add so much favor to my recipe(s) and has alot of aroma! If you're looking for something to spice up your food than this is a must have.
Selena P.
Parma, OH
When u recipe calls for freshly ground nutmeg I always reach for McCormick, it never lets me down with the flavors and consistency. I made apple pie filling with this and used the filling to make turnovers. They were exquisite.
Brittany M.
I always have a teeny container of this ground nutmeg in my spice cupboard! It gets used every holiday season for pumpkin breads, pumpkin pies, and apple pies. My dad and I also like to sprinkle it in our eggnog. Great quality.
Aubrianna p.
Leesville, LA
I use this stuff for a lot of my baking needs and it never lets me down! Reasonably priced and doesn’t take up a ton of cabinet space in the kitchen! Really my go to brand for spices. Never fails me! Highly recommended
Katrina K.
Anything McCormick is my fave because they always have the best flavors. The nutmeg is prefect for this time of year. It may cost a little more but its a great brand. Always makes the best holiday trees with it. I always recommend this brand to anyone!
Caroline H.
Hickory, NC
McCormik is the brand my family has always used and will always continue to use! Their spices as delicious and make any meal or dessert taste delicious and I wouldn't trade this brand for any other brand. Can be pricey but well worth the extra dollar or two!!
Natasha Y.
Nutmeg and thanksgiving go hand in hand in my house hold. We put a little in everything and it gives great flavor. Plus it's not too expensive and a little goes a long way. I always suggest to family or friends to put a dash of nutmeg in there recipes and they immediately notice a huge difference and enjoy it that much more!
Janie A.
My favorite brand of spices to get is always McCormick, I can always trust that they use real and yummy spices. I love using the ground nutmeg in my pumpkin pie and other recipes. Usually always at a reasonable price at almost any grocery store.
Rita W.
McCormick Nutmeg is the best quality nutmeg available at the grocery store. This Christmas I purchased a competitor's brand, as it was on sale, but I could definitely tell the difference. It had a lighter flavor so I had to use more in my dishes, and it tasted "faded" like it was old. I will return to McCormick's from now on.