McCormick® Dark Chili Powder uploaded by Samantha M.

BY MCCORMICK #34 in Spices

Created from whole chili peppers Offers a robust blend of spices and herbs Brings savor and spark to Mexican, Tex-Mex and Southwestern recipes Consistent flavor, color and aroma in every bottle Packaged in the U.S.A.

• What is the difference between regular chili powder and dark chil...5 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Brie S.
Louisville , KY
I cook a lot. My cooking style is all over the place .I enjoy cooking new things and I don't mind if I fail cooking some more! I feed a family of five so far including myself. I feel that chili powder of all the spices is used the most. It is so versatile and used in so many different cultures cuisine. My advice to you is have this on hand always!
As the base for my comfort food I would recommend this chili powder. This can be easily found at your local grocer. A little goes a long way in my recipe and it will for you. It doesn't cause and upset stomach and it blends well with your recipes. I would recommend it.
Loraine J.
Fullerton
I love this spice so much. It’s honestly my go to when I want to give my food a little extra kick. It really goes well with everything. It really takes away the blandness when you’re trying not to use much salt. Must have in your pantry
Devin H.
Denton, NC
Definitely my go to chili powder for my "fire chili"as my dad calls it. McCormick makes one of the best chili powders out there for making my own recipe of chili.
Carissa O.
McCormick chili powder, in my book, is the ONLY chili powder. I've tried many other brands in store brands, name brands, more expensive and cheaper brands and no other chili powder has the kick that this one does. Especially for homemade chili. In fact just today I started making chili only to realize I didn't have enough McCormick chili powder (but I had numerous other brands of it) and I paused what I was doing just to go the 15 minutes to the store to get it, because I know it wouldn't taste the same if I didn't.
Christine C.
I love this spice because my kids love taco Tuesday. I sprinkle it on chicken or turkey meat and they love it. I'm not a fan of buying such a big container of spices though. I feel like it loses its potency in such a huge container.
Shannon L.
Villa park, IL
McCormick's Dark Chili powder is definitely a staple for every spice rack. This Chili powder adds the perfect color and spice to any dish. It's my favorite spice to use in my homemade chili and fall soup recipes.

This dark chili powder has a pretty mild spice to it but it does have a little more 'hot' factor than some powders I have tried. This makes a great base flavor and something like Cayenne would really turn the heat up.

The only thing to really pay attention to, is there is salt listed as an ingredient. Adjust recipes as necessary.
mary w.
Mt Washington, KY
As it gets colder outside, there's nothing better than McCormick dark chili powder to warm you up from the inside out. McCormick takes all the guess work out of my favorite dishes. Provides the perfect blend of pure chili peppers and pure spices that makes every dish taste better. I use this in almost everything I cook to add a little extra flavor, and as my wallet ordered easy on my budget. $6.48 at Walmart.com and Amazon.com.
Kricket F.
Ellabell, GA
I've always used McCormick Dark Chili Powder in my chili, no other brand compares when it comes to capturing that true chili flavor. I also find myself having to use SO much of other brands chili powder, it's doesn't take very much McComock. I know a lot of people say" it's just a spice. Grab whatever's available and cheapest". Please don't do this, people, you're cheating yourself out of the most delicious chili possible!
Meredith C.
I love to cook. There are some brands of spices in which it's easy to use a (cheaper) generic version without compromising taste. In my experience, chili powder is not one of those spices. I always find myself reaching for McCormick when it comes to chili powder, because it just has a good flavor profile that highlights almost anything I'm making!
Kate B.
Broadview, MT
What is the difference between regular chili powder and dark chili powder?