McCormick® Basil Leaves uploaded by Wilka B.

BY MCCORMICK #53 in Spices

Basil, also called sweet basil, is a member of the mint family. Over 150 varieties of basil are grown. Native to India, basil is now grown commercially all over the Mediterranean region and in California. The dried leaves are grayish-green with an aroma and taste similar to cloves and anise. Basil blends well with tomatoes and is essential in most tomato-sauced Italian dishes.

Basil

Buy on Walmart*
Nikki T.
Rochester, MN
Definitely worth the organic price tag. This is my preferred version of this particular spice for sure. I use it in almost all of my savory dishes whether I’m cooking on the stove or using one of my favorite crockpot recipes.
Pavia G.
Winfield, IL
I love having fresh basil in the summer time but because I live in Chicago, my growing season in so short! I always find myself reaching for the McCormick Basil Leaves to add that Basil taste to my pasta sauces and dishes to add in that flavor that is so close to fresh basil! Added to that it is organic so sometimes I find myself reaching for it instead of the fresh basil! Great for any dish!
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
I use this in my Spaghetti Sauce or if im cooking up a Marinara sauce I like to add some of this to it.  I wasn't used to using Basil but now that I have used it im hooked. It doesn't give off a huge flavor but it brings life into a Marinara sauce you're cooking up.
janelle f.
I make my own chicken noodle soup from scratch. gluten free egg noodles, carrots, celery, chicken broth and the meat from FRIED chicken. tastes better than canned soup. I add basil leaves and adds that perfect flavor. can't wait for this cold weather to come!
Trisha L.
I grow my own fresh basil. But sometimes a recipe calls for dried. When that happens this is always the bottle I reach for. When I open the jar I can smell the fresh scents of my live basil bush outside. That's how fresh this is! Plus it's economical. The organic line takes the flavor and freshness up to another level. Have to Go, my pasta sauce is boiling and I know it's time to sprinkle some of this to finish it off!
Dora J C.
Montgomery, AL
McCormick Gourmet Basil Leaves are in a glass container for one thing, that alone keeps them fresh as new. I put them in spaghetti, lamb curry, all the tomato based sauces that I use. They do not break apart during boiling, simmering or hour long cooking. They are the only ones I use when cooking for my family.
Monica C.
Perris, CA
I always make my own spaghetti sauce and towards the end when it's almost done I add some of this basil. It does a great job of flavoring without being too powerful and the shaker style lid is handy. Great flavor and brownie points for ease of use 😂
Brenda H.
Waukesha, WI
I love my seasoning and this one was a great addition to my spice cabinet! Makes my recipes flavorful and smells amazing! Super affordable and you should be able to find in your local supermarket.
Jayne E.
I love that McCormick has a selection of organic products to use. These basil leaves are great quality and great taste. They also don't cost much more than the regular type. It is worth a little extra to have organic spices to use.
Kayla C.
Wichita Falls, TX
I don't use a lot of basil unless it's called for. But McCormack is my go to spice brand whenever I cook. The spices always seem fresher than other brands, and they keep for a while if you're not an everyday cooker like myself.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Do you use this in your Marinara Sauces?