McCormick® Basil Leaves uploaded by Wilka B.

BY MCCORMICK #59 in Spices

Basil, also called sweet basil, is a member of the mint family. Over 150 varieties of basil are grown. Native to India, basil is now grown commercially all over the Mediterranean region and in California. The dried leaves are grayish-green with an aroma and taste similar to cloves and anise. Basil blends well with tomatoes and is essential in most tomato-sauced Italian dishes.

Basil

Buy on Target
Nikki T.
Rochester, MN
Definitely worth the organic price tag. This is my preferred version of this particular spice for sure. I use it in almost all of my savory dishes whether I’m cooking on the stove or using one of my favorite crockpot recipes.
Pavia G.
Winfield, IL
I love having fresh basil in the summer time but because I live in Chicago, my growing season in so short! I always find myself reaching for the McCormick Basil Leaves to add that Basil taste to my pasta sauces and dishes to add in that flavor that is so close to fresh basil! Added to that it is organic so sometimes I find myself reaching for it instead of the fresh basil! Great for any dish!
Trisha L.
I grow my own fresh basil. But sometimes a recipe calls for dried. When that happens this is always the bottle I reach for. When I open the jar I can smell the fresh scents of my live basil bush outside. That's how fresh this is! Plus it's economical. The organic line takes the flavor and freshness up to another level. Have to Go, my pasta sauce is boiling and I know it's time to sprinkle some of this to finish it off!
Dora J C.
Montgomery, AL
McCormick Gourmet Basil Leaves are in a glass container for one thing, that alone keeps them fresh as new. I put them in spaghetti, lamb curry, all the tomato based sauces that I use. They do not break apart during boiling, simmering or hour long cooking. They are the only ones I use when cooking for my family.
Jayne E.
I love that McCormick has a selection of organic products to use. These basil leaves are great quality and great taste. They also don't cost much more than the regular type. It is worth a little extra to have organic spices to use.
Kayla C.
Milpitas, CA
I always lean towards McCormicks when it comes to herbs - so it's no suprise that I'm in love with their organic line! Easy to find in store for me, and really available when I need it!
Holly B.
Hayesville, NC
Dried basil is something that we use a lot of at my house. A little of this goes a long way. Works great in soups or on top of pasta and gives a nice basil taste.
Jessica R.
Ridgeley, WV
I love using McCormick Organic Basil leaves when I don't have fresh basil on hand. It brings out the flavor in so many dishes. I especially love to sprinkle it on caprese salads.
Jim P.
Louisville, KY
This has a fresh taste and aroma and flavors foods perfectly. I can tell a big difference between McCormick and other brands and prefer McCormick. The leaves are green and look much healthier and fresher.
Ashley C.
Merrill, IA
Absolutely love this product! I use it multiple times a week in the kitchen!you can never have enough spices and this is one I highly recommend for picky and non picky eaters!