BY MAYBELLINE #89 in Mascara

Explosive volume in rocket time! The supersonic brush and latex-like formula load on big, sleek volume, instantly.

Isododecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aqua/Water/Eau, Allyl Stearate/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Paraffin, Polyvinyl Laurate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Peg-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil

May Contain:

CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide

• este rimel es a prueba de agua1 Answers
  • Is this any better than the other volume mascaras by maybelline? ...4 Answers
  • Do you find that it's hard to remove waterproof mascara?8 Answers
Maybelline Volum' Express® The Rocket® Waterproof Mascara
  • "It gives me so much volume and it also makes my eyelashes look so much longer , plus is waterproof, which makes it perfect." in 9 reviews
  • "When they say waterproof what they mean is you'll use eye makeup remover, wash your face and eyes with makeup removing face wash in the shower, and still have to use eye makeup remover again when you get out of the shower." in 4 reviews
leslie g.
leslie g.
Review for: Brownish Black
Okay, so first off, i would like to say that i am Hispanic and i have medium length but straight eyelashes. Since my eyelashes are straight i tend to have a trouble finding an actual mascara that keeps my eyelashes up. I have tried curling my eyelashes but it will just end up dead after an hour or so. I have tried many mascaras, so i decided to try a waterproof one. I bought this one when i was rushing in the target make up isles and i just waited till the next day to try it out. It took me a few days to get used to it but it really worked!! It kept my eyelashes curled all day long and it really was as waterproof as it states! The only negative thing that i would point out would be that you need to have a good makeup remover, i tend to only use oil to remove makeup, -I use baby oil gel- and then i cleanse m,y face. Make sure you are not like me and have a habit of pulling off your mascara when you get bored or anxious because it really will pull out your eyelashes! :( But other than that, i definitely recommend buying this mascara!
Gabby G.
Gabby G.
Crystal Lake, IL
Review for: Very Black
This has been my go-to mascara for about 3 years now. I think it's one of the best drugstore mascaras' out there. It give me great volume AND length and also lives up to it's "waterproof" label. I put this on at 6:00 a.m and come home at around 8:00 p.m and still holds the curl and there's not smudging, flakes or fall-out. Some people were saying that when they're taking it off it's pulling their eyelashes out. Here's a tip, use olive oil or coconut oil (either one will work) and put it on a cotton ball or makeup remover pad and start from the root of your lashes and pull/slide very slowl and gently until you get to the tips of your eyelashes. Repeat until there's no product left over on your lashes.
Alicia B.
Alicia B.
Review for: Maybelline the Rocket Volum Express Waterproof Mascara - Black
This is the best mascara I've ever tried. It's very affordable and it's the only mascara I have used for years. I have a lot of very short, straight lashes and getting them to look pretty without wearing falsies is a struggle. I've purchased so many mascaras trying to find one that can actually hold a curl, and this is the only one I've found that works! It keeps my lashes curled all day and adds a bit of length to them too. I've never had any problem with it flaking off throughout the day either, which is a plus. I definitely recommend this mascara, it's the best!
Melanie B.
Melanie B.
Having hooded eyes means I don't want longer lashes, just fuller lashes, and that's what Maybelline's The Rocket mascara offers. It's also waterproof, which is very important for a girl with oily skin because it keeps the mascara lasting longer, even if it requires an oil-based eye make-up remover at the end of the day. The bristles are shorter at the end of the brush and longer at the base of the brush, making it easy to add extra mascara to the outer edge of the eye, while keeping the inner lashes less full and more defined.
Lilly L.
Lilly L.
Mission, TX
Review for: Very Black
I love this mascara so much because it never runs or smears. I have very oily eyelids which usually makes mascara run and leaves me with racoon eyes but this doesn't!!! I apply this after I've curled my lashes and this mascara will lock the curl in place and keep my lashes curled all day. This mascara also gives pretty good length and volume to my lashes. Only down side about this is that its very difficultly to remove but its expected from a waterproof mascara just make sure you have a really good makeup remover for this.
Brittany L.
Brittany L.
Spring, TX
Review for: Very Black
This is an amazing mascara. It makes my lashes look better than most of the high end brands that I own. I just bought this because it's summer and I'll be spending a lot of time in the water. I needed a waterproof mascara and decided to try this. I was blown away!! It's so cheap and so amazing. My only dislike is that because it's waterproof it's really hard to wash off at the end of the day... But it's waterproof so it's kind of supposed to be hard to remove and I appreciate that when I'm poolside.
Hana N.
Hana N.
Review for: Brownish Black
I love this mascara so much it keeps my lashes curled and staying very black all day (since it is waterproof) I do prefer waterproof over regular mascaras anyway because of my lashes and how they don't keep a good curl with normal mascara. It does take a bit of effort to take off but a good micellar water or a makeup wipe that'll deal with waterproof makeup will do the job. I find the simple micellar water doesn't take this mascara off as much as I want to I'd probably use the garnier waterproof one
Allison W.
Allison W.
Spokane, WA
Review for: Very Black
I actually LOVE this mascara. I find it perfect for outdoor days where my hair is blowing around and I might get wet. Once, I even went swimming in the ocean with this on and the smudging was super minimal. I cannot believe the staying power on this mascara! That being said, be patient when taking it off. I soak a cotton pad in baby oil and leave it on each eye for at least 30 seconds before trying to rub the products off. When I do this, I have no problem taking the mascara off.
Jasmine S.
Jasmine S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had the washable one first and it just would not hold a curl. After accidentally getting a waterproof mascara and it working for my lashes I went back and exchanged the washable for the waterproof and OMG I love this stuff! It makes my lashes so long and the formula dries very fast and holds a curl which is so important to me. I love the plastic bristle brush on this and they are so little that it's kind of hard to get mascara anywhere else besides the lashes.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Review for: Very Black
Rubber brush with short rubber bristles. Love the volume this gives as well as lift to my naturally curled lashed so my lashes look longer, BUT and this is the deal breaker, it transfers. horribly, I will have black spots that ruin my eye-shadow from this transferring to my lids. I have the waterproof and it's a struggle to get off at night which is the irony of it all too. Not worth it even though I do like the look of initial application.
nichole d.
nichole d.
Lucama, Nc
Is the mascara truly water proof?
stephanie r.
stephanie r.
Union City, NJ
Someone said is not clumpy but doesn't that depend on how much you apply? i feel like all mascaras end up clumpy at one point or another..
Robin A.
Robin A.
West Hills, CA
Do you find that it's hard to remove waterproof mascara?
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How much is this? Does it work?
Amy W.
Amy W.
Tunnel hill, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Did you feel like this mascara just didn't want to come off??...AT All??