Maybelline Volum' Express® The Mega Plush® Waterproof MascaraInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY MAYBELLINE #60 in Mascara

Mega volume goes mega plush! This revolutionary gel-mousse mascara has 40% less hard waxes for big volume with a supple touch.

Isododecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aqua/Water/Eau, Allyl Stearate/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Paraffin, Polyvinyl Laurate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Peg-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil.

May Contain:

CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide

• Does it clump or flake? Does it irritate your eyes?196 Answers
  • Hola buenas tardes quisiera saber que tipo de bases me recomiendan1 Answers
  • I really want to try this out......2 Answers
Maybelline Volum' Express® The Mega Plush® Waterproof Mascara
  • "I actually really like this mascara. I'm not a huge makeup fan, so when I do put it on, I prefer not to look like it's caked on. This mascara gives my lashes volume and pop, but isn't thick at all." in 334 reviews
  • "This is one of my favorite Maybelline mascaras. It really defined and separated each one of my lashes and volumized them, as well! However, even though it's water proof, it somewhat still smudged on my bottom lids, since I apply the mascara on my bottom lashes. 9/10 c:" in 293 reviews
Gina C.
East Hanover , NJ
I bought this because of all the good reviews I've read on here!  Overall, I really do like it!  The wand is a little tricky to use, it's soft and flexible, so I feel it's more suited for people who are experienced with mascara, but once I got the hang of it, its not so bad, applying to the bottom lashes could be tricky just because of how fat the brush is.  It gives a very natural look if you only apply one coat, but it is very buildable and doesn't clump.  I usually put on two coats and have no problems.  I also love how waterproof it is!  It's my go to for the summer when I am at the pool or beach.
Sharon M.
This is the only Maybelline mascara I have ever used that was a dud for me. I tried the regular and waterproof versions just to be fair, because I really wanted to like it. But it honestly was just a mess. I didn't like the bend in the wand, it just made the application sloppy and it didn't do much for my lashes. I purchased this for the days I planned on wearing no makeup except mascara and it just did nothing for my lashes. The formula also seemed nothing like other Maybelline products. It was very dry! No thanks on this one.
Paula G.
Palatine
i really really liked this mascara i hate for it to be clumpy on the brush when you first open it so to see it not in the bottle was very nice i love how it feels like i dont have anything on but it can get a little clumpy if i try to keep adding on i found i dint have to do that with this one i put it on i didn't have to clean up later like i did with the old one i used it made my eyes pop they was on fleek i would buy this again it was my first time getting this one i recommend this to everyone because its affordable and it does what it says it going to do!
Amanda S.
Moreno Valley , CA
I loved the formula because it wasn't clumpy or flakey. I also got good separation and volume... but I had to do a lot of work to get it because of the bendy piece. It didn't allow me to really put any pressure on my lashes to coat them well the first or even second time I swiped through. I have very soft, very blonde lashes, so I need a stiff applicator to get product on my lashes. This didn't do what I needed it to do without a lot of effort.
Mary E.
This mascara is so great! My sister told me about it after I noticed how LONG her eyelashes were! At first I didn't believe it was just Maybelline and not a more expensive mascara like Dior. I decided to try it out myself and was blown away by the results. This mascara makes your eyelashes so full and long! The only thing that you have to be careful with is the wand because it's bendy which can make it hard to apply neatly. I usually use this after I put a base coat of mascara. I use this mascara to apply to the tips of my eyelashes for added length. Overall, I think this is a great product and has definitely helped me lengthen my lashes :)
Sahrish B.
I like this mascara. I got it a few years ago and I still have it. It gives my lashes a really nice curl and makes my eyes look flirty. It's perfect for everyday and it doesn't smudge easily if you accidentally rub your eye because it's waterproof but it is a pain to wipe it off. It is kind of clumpy so I won't suggest to put like 2-3 coats of this mascara. One coat goes a long way. I would repurchase this again because it's not that expensive and it makes my eyelashes look really nice and long.
Shay R.
Ormond Beach, FL
I love how this mascara goes on but the smell is a tad strong which I'm guessing is because of the waterproof ingredients. My eyes and surrounding skin are super sensitive so that had me worried but it definitely has lasting power. Take the good with the bad right... The pros are that it doesn't clump even with multiple applications, goes on smoothly,  the brush is nice and flexible and the color is nice and deep.
Isabella M.
Newport, TN
I really love this mascara. It's been my go-to waterproof for years. It gives me the big but natural lash I love where I feel like most waterproof formulas can be kind of sticky and make my eyelashes go straight. My only gripe is that it has a bit of fall out, but this is true of the non-waterproof version as well. I work as a white-water rafting guide in the summers and I like to look a little pretty despite getting splashed all day so this is really one of my favorite products, ever.
Kristin W.
Review for: Very Black more...
I only got this mascara once. I remember not liking it because it was hard to take off. I used Baby oil or olive oil at the time I don't remember. I remember I was excited for this one when it came out. Advertised it was Gel. I don't remember how it applied really. I think I was okay with it I liked it don't remember. Just remember it was so hard to take off I didn't like it & didn't think it was worth it. I'm not one of those people that like the easy wipe away mascaras. I like my mascaras to last through swimming & crying but this one was just too much of a hassle.
Brittany B.
Port Orchard, WA
Review for: Very Black more...
I love these little mascaras that Maybelline sells. I wore this over 2 years ago and I got it from my local dollar general, where I used to buy all my makeup. It was good mascara for a cheap price like maybe 5-6$ at the most. I felt pretty when I was wearing it and made my eyelashes long and thick, and I loved the little spooly brush, it felt plush and soft. I would definitely get this again some day.
Taylor H.
Does it clump or flake? Does it irritate your eyes?
Erica B.
Hanford, CA
I have been wanting to try this. Does it really work? Does it clump?
Ravleen K.
Is it truly waterproof? My eyes tear a lot and I need a cheap waterproof mascara.
Scarlet P.
Does anybody else experience issues with clumping?
amber m.
How well does this product cover?