Maybelline Volum' Express® The Mega Plush® Waterproof MascaraInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY MAYBELLINE #62 in Mascara

Mega volume goes mega plush! This revolutionary gel-mousse mascara has 40% less hard waxes for big volume with a supple touch.

Isododecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aqua/Water/Eau, Allyl Stearate/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Paraffin, Polyvinyl Laurate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Peg-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil.

May Contain:

CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide

• Does it clump or flake? Does it irritate your eyes?196 Answers
  • Hola buenas tardes quisiera saber que tipo de bases me recomiendan1 Answers
  • I really want to try this out......2 Answers
Maybelline Volum' Express® The Mega Plush® Waterproof Mascara
  • "I actually really like this mascara. I'm not a huge makeup fan, so when I do put it on, I prefer not to look like it's caked on. This mascara gives my lashes volume and pop, but isn't thick at all." in 334 reviews
  • "This is one of my favorite Maybelline mascaras. It really defined and separated each one of my lashes and volumized them, as well! However, even though it's water proof, it somewhat still smudged on my bottom lids, since I apply the mascara on my bottom lashes. 9/10 c:" in 293 reviews
Em W.
Oakland, CA
Review for: Very Black more...
Maybelline Volum’ Express Mascara is an amazing drugstore mascara that gives you beautiful long and fluttery lashes. It’s insanely amazing and I can’t rant about it enough, but I’ll try. ;)
This is the mascara that I am currently using, but sadly I will have to find a new brand soon because I am no longer buying makeup that is not cruelty free. Maybelline performs painful tests on animals in China because China requires animal testing, even though Maybelline could simply choose not to sell in China. This is unacceptable to me, so I want you all to know that I am reviewing the quality of this mascara and do NOT approve of Maybelline’s standards of morality.
Apart from my issues with Maybelline’s animal testing, I have no issues with this mascara. The applicator has lots of thin (but not poky) bristles that are great for giving lashes a “plush” effect. The formula gives you lots of volume and dries out/flakes at about 4-5 months, which is a pretty reasonable lifespan for mascara. While Mega Plush Mascara is usually not clumpy, I would recommend purchasing a lash comb for the occasional spider lash.
Please don’t buy this mascara!! Although it’s a great product I cannot condone the animal testing that Maybelline carries out. They shave patches of fur off of animals and drip makeup samples onto the skin to see if it scabs, tie animals down and drip cosmetics into their eyes (which can infected or bleed) and practice other incredibly inhumane experiments on living beings. Animal testing is NOT necessary!! Many brands (wet n wild, NYX, Tarte, Anastasia Beverly Hills and more) offer great makeup that is tested on fake human skin instead of innocent rabbits and dogs.
Shalee G.
Saint Charles , MO
Review for: Very Black more...
This is a new add to my collection of make up an just gotta say i love it. Will definitely be my go to buy for drug store buys. Love the colors an how smooth the formula is. Very affordable [product:maybelline-volum'-express-the-mega-plush-waterproof-mascara]
Alesia B.
Review for: Other more...
I don’t usually use waterproof mascara. I bought this by accident. I have used it twice and it’s really great. I wore it all day and it didn’t give me raccoon eyes. It stayed true all day. It was easy to remove with makeup remover wipes. That was a surprise to me because the reason I don’t like waterproof mascara is that it’s hard to get off my eyes. I liked the way it looked and I will use this until I run out but I may not purchase again only because I’m used to washable mascara.
Megan M.
Review for: Very Black more...
This has been my go to mascara since it came out. The formula is nice and creamy (although it does start to clump after a while like other mascaras) and super quick to apply and layer. The color is a nice black and it really is waterproof. I also love the oversized and flexible wand for versatile application with bristles that are just the right length for long and curly lashes. I love it!
Mookie M.
I am so obsessed with this mascar it really lengthens and defines your lashes making them look longer and bolder, I use this everyday for upper lashes and lower lashes, it never lets my down, I buy this all the time from local family dollar or general dollar store, it is affordable and I buy it all the time , one of the reason why I stopped wearing false lashes , this changed my life
Kaitlyn N.
Colorado Springs
Review for: Very Black more...
Such a great drugstore mascara. Doesn’t really clump up, and isn’t too wet. Gives lashes great volume and doesn’t give you spider lashes. It’s used to be my holy grail mascara! Would totally recommend! Makes the lashes look beautiful!
Jessica H.
Cannelton , WV
Review for: Very Black more...
First of all, Maybelline is one of my favorite brands, so I was excited to try this mascara. It doesn’t give a very dramatic look, which really isn’t a bad thing if you like the more natural side of things. It separated my lashes really well and honestly I couldn’t even feel it on my lashes. I had no issues with it clumping or flaking. This will continue to be a staple in my makeup collection.
Beverly B.
Lebanon, TN
Review for: Very Black more...
This is a great little water proof mascara for the price. I purchased it at Walgreen's Walmart also has it. Theirs no clumping with this one and the color is rich black. I would defiantly purchase this again.  I highly recommend this product. I have sensitive eyes so I have to watch what I use and this product had no irritation.
Rosa G.
Pottstown, PA
I like my eyelashes to look long & to curve.
I bought it because it said mega plush.
Don't think it fit the description. I had to keep layering it just to get an ok look.
Got clumpy at the end. I myself wouldn't use it again.
Karoline P.
Review for: Very Black more...
One of the worst mascaras I have ever used in my life. It starts flaking so soon after application. Not only that, but it did absolutely nothing to my lashes. The formula either didn’t want to hold my lashes in a curl or just didn’t want to give them any length. There is no way I would use it again.
Taylor H.
Does it clump or flake? Does it irritate your eyes?
Erica B.
Hanford, CA
I have been wanting to try this. Does it really work? Does it clump?
Ravleen K.
Is it truly waterproof? My eyes tear a lot and I need a cheap waterproof mascara.
Scarlet P.
Does anybody else experience issues with clumping?
amber m.
How well does this product cover?