Maybelline Volum' Express® The Mega Plush® Waterproof Mascara

Mega volume goes mega plush! This revolutionary gel-mousse mascara has 40% less hard waxes for big volume with a supple touch.

Isododecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aqua/Water/Eau, Allyl Stearate/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Paraffin, Polyvinyl Laurate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Peg-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil.

May Contain:

CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide

Is this a good one mascara? I want one super waterproof and I want to know if this is the one that I have to use
Is it it worth it and how long does it last?
Start your review of Maybelline Volum' Express® The Mega Plush® Waterproof Mascara!
Product Highlights
“I actually really like this mascara. I'm not a huge makeup fan, so when I do put it on, I prefer not to look like it's caked on. This mascara gives my lashes volume and pop, but isn't thick at all.” in reviews
“...one of my lashes and volumized them, as well! However, even though it's water proof, it somewhat still smudged on my bottom lids, since I apply the mascara on my bottom lashes. 9/10 c:” in reviews
River Edge, NJ
Purchased at: Duane Reade
I have to start by saying, I typically enjoy Maybelline mascaras. I was intrigued by this one when I saw it in the store and got it and I have two main problems with it. First off, it does have a bendy wand. I guess it is meant to help if separate your eyelashes, however I have had more incidents of the mascara getting on my face with it. Second, it does a good job at separating your lashes, but I don't think it adds volume or fullness. I naturally have long eyelashes and if actually makes my eyelashes look thin. If you are going for a natural long lash look, this might be for you, but definitely not for a think full set of lashes.
Tempe, AZ
I think all of the collosal formulations are comparable and all really great (they might actually all be the same just different packaging...not sure but I wouldn't surprise me), but I think I just prefer the brush on this teal version. It's a personal preference. No matter which one you get you're probably going to like what it does for your lashes in terms of volume and length. This is a clumpier formula however! If you don't like fuller, sort of clumpy lashes depending on how many coats you put on then none of these are for you. It just depends on what you like.
Harrisonburg, VA
I buy this mascara regularly. You can't go wrong buying from a well-trusted brand like Maybelline. However, as far as mascaras go, it isn't super impressive. The main selling point of this product for me is its affordable price. I have issues with this mascara clumping up occasionally. The applicator is so big I always end up getting product on my eye lid as well. Overall, it is still a good purchase. It lasts all day on my lashes and does not smudge easily. Sometimes I will notice smudginess underneath my eye, but to be fair it says waterproof not smudge proof.
Concord, NH
I remember liking this product in middle school, but now I realize it makes my lashes way too chunky, no matter how little I try to apply. I think that the brushes on maybelline mascara should be altered to pick up less product at a time because nobody wants spider legs for eyelashes. I do however like the packaging and if I wipe off the brush before applying it is a little less dramatic. Unfortunately that is a huge waste of product so I will be looking elsewhere for my mascaras!
Staten island, NY
This product beats any other mascara I have. I have mascaras that range from $5 to about $30 and I can honestly say the brush on this is ******* amazing. I use this mascara every day and it makes my eyelashes looking, voluminous, and full. When I go back to the Dollar general I got this, I am stocking up!! I can't apply false lashes if my life depended on it, but this mascara is most definitely the closest thing to false lashes. THANK YOU MAYBELLINE!!
Greenbrier, AR
This mascara enhances my natural lashes perfectly without making them seem clumpy or overly coated. This is an affordable daily drugstore mascara that does not compromise quality. Can be used as a simple look or layered to add more of a dramatic look. This lasts all day and stays put, perfect for looking great on a daily basis and adding an extra coat if you decide to go out that evening and easily change up your look! Would recommend and will keep this on hand!
carrollton, GA
Maybelline Volum' Express® The Mega Plush® Waterproof Mascara uploaded by Josalyn H.
This is my favorite mascara to use. I use it every day and it makes my eyelashes look amaing. It goes on very well and last all day. I love that it waterproof which means it holds your eyelashes when you curl them! The only thing I dont like about this product is the wand. I dont like how it's flexible. It makes it kind of hard to apply but other then that I love it.
Jamison, PA
Maybelline's Mega Plush Mascarra is perfect for making your lashes look more volumized. The packaging really stands out with the vibrant aqua and pink making it more enticing to use. The brush itself is big and is very easy to apply leaving no smudges or clumps. The wand is very flexible and gives you the benefit of having an easy time applying. I would certainly purchase this product again.
East Granby, CT
I use to use this product when I was younger and I think that it definitely costed my lashes well. I have naturally long lashes so I really only look for mascaras with lots of volume and this product was not as voluminous as I would have liked but if you are new to makeup and you want to try. I would recommend. I would have to say I am not a fan of this type of brush. I prefer a more bristly type of brush.
honestly this would be a great mascara if you have long and voluminous lashes already - I felt like this wasn't coating my thin asian lashes that well nor did it make much of a difference after even 2-3 coats.  I have heard many others rave about this mascara as it is very natural and works well if you have the lashes for it, but unfortunately it wasn't the best for me.

859 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Washington, DC
il y a un mois
M.A.C Cosmetics Prep Plus Prime Fix Maybelline Volum' Express® The Mega Plush® Waterproof Mascara Can someone tell me if this mask runs during the day? or does it stay perfect?
Thaily R. • il y a un mois