BY MAYBELLINE #36 in Mascara

• Does it make your lashes look like you wearing false lashes?22 Answers
  • Does this mascara leave black flakes under your eyes ??3 Answers
  • How does this compare to Better Than Sex mascara?2 Answers
Maybelline Volum' Express® The Falsies Flared® Washable Mascara
  • "This is one the mascara I daily use, especially for school since it really makes my eyelashes look longer and thicker than they actually are.I do recommend this product." in 116 reviews
  • "I love love love mascara it's a must for my everyday make up routine because my eye lashes are so light and it makes my green eyes pop." in 93 reviews
  • "I wouldn't use this for a natural, every day look because it is a bit clumpy and does look a bit like false lashes, but for the reason I was using it, I loved it!" in 79 reviews
shania c.
Vero Beach, FL
I've tried so many mascaras and not many of them have gave me what I been looking for I have very short lashes and I wanted a mascara the would give me length and volume the good thing about this mascara is that it doesn't clump thanks to it's double sided brush one side is for separating the lases the other is to give them length and volume. This mascara is a good mascara for all occasions I usually wear it to work or to school but this is my favorite mascara hand down and I believe its one of the best I've tried so I really recommend this mascara to everyone no matter what it has made my eyelashes longer and makes them look fuller and I would definitely buy this again and again because I LOVE IT!!
Jamie W.
Use to love this mascara when it first came now like back 2014 or something like that. Now it's 2016 and i don't like it. I use to praise this mascara. It was my #1 mascara ever for me. The formula changed now. It's so creamy and gloppy now. The brush collects way too much product than usual. The big thing i really loved for this mascara was the formula AND brush. The brush is curved to help put a curl in place instead of having to use a actual lash curler. Now the formula changed recently and I hate it. I don't know if i got a bad one or something. But this mascara is just awful now. Makes my lashes clumpy pretty bad even at 1 coat. It just packs on too much product on the brush.
Victoria P.
While it gives great length i was no as impressed as the other version falsies made by same product. I used it a few times but did nor fwr the same effect as the same brands falsies Volume Express with the flat brush. I would much rather have just used same brands lash sensational same wand same effect. Felt like I wasted my money getting the same thing. And unlike the Volume express not as plush, voluminous, and have to build up more. Sadly not impressed, but definitely recommend if you actually put on a pair of falsies as the underlining mascara (don't recommend for contact wearers like the other falsie though very flaky)
Ashley B.
Ringgold, GA
I was super intrigued when I saw this while shopping. What a great name for a mascara. It was extremely affordable so I grabbed one to try. I used this up, so I mean it wasn't horrible, but I won't be repurchasing this. The wand was pretty neat, the shape was interesting, I just didn't care for this formula or wand as much as other drug store mascaras. I have very long, thick eyelashes and this formula transferred pretty bad to my under eye area and made me look like I had black eyes. Also it was super flakey throughout the day. I see that other people here love this stuff, so give it a try, especially since it's so cheap.
Shelly L.
this is my all time favorite mascara color blackest black or very black. It comes in a regular pharmacy packaging for mascara. It is very cheap for such a good mascara that is waterproof also. They have a non-waterproof and waterproof one. I would recommend my friends who ask me what mascara i wear because this is my 3rd bottle and i would always repurchase this one. Even if i use another mascara, I would always overlap it with this one, easy to apply and not clumpy and doesn't smudge. And it lives up to the "FALSIES" because it helps makes my lashes look extra dark and long. BUY BUY BUYYY!!!
Ana H.
Henderson, NV
This mascara is an awesome buy, affordable and easy to find in your local drug store. Best of all it really works well to lengthen and flare out your lashes. My lashes are not super thick to begin with but they are a good length. When I use this product It definitely thickens and lengthens my lashes making me feel like my eyes are more open and awake. I also love how it lasts all day and doesn't flake, I usually apply 2 coats. Oh, and it's super easy to take off I just use dove soap! I have used this product for about 3 years, just try it and see for yourself!
Megan U.
Clemson, SC
Hands down the best drugstore mascara I've ever bought. I have loved the Rimmel RetroGlam mascara for a couple of years (actually since getting it in a previous VoxBox), but it has been dethroned. Two coats makes my lashes look thick and full and luscious. I actually get annoyed when I receive other mascaras in ipsy bags or whatever because I don't want to use anything else! I recently received a Tarte mascara that retails for more than twice the Falsies, and it did not even compare to the performance of the Falsies. Highly, highly recommend this product.
Victoria P.
Actually really like this one. I start by using the flat end to apply then the sides to build volume. Very smooth application. And since I already have long lashes it really appears i placed on a set of false lashes. Like the way it stays put and ao easy to apply. Of you have short lashes I highly recommend over gluing on lashes. I have dark lashes and made my brown eyes pop.

Great for contact wearers too. Does not give that feeling of you need to pick at like some.. Comes I'm a variety of colours too depending on your eyelash colour. No curler needed
Celina R.
Canyon Cntry, CA
I've tried numerous mascara brands both expensive affordable and generic, and this is the only one I keep buying. I do not have long eye lashes and for the most part they don't really curl up. But I like the blackest black and it really thickens and lengthens my eye lashes, giving me a dramatic look. Most of the time since I can't wear too much make up work since it's an urgent care office and I run around all day but if I at least wear is mascara I feel a little bit more feminine. It runs $8 dollars at most pharmacy stores or you can run into Ulta.
Kiianah J.
Severn, MD
Review for: Blackest Black
For a "low-end" mascara it performs better than some of the higher end mascaras that I've purchased. It elongates my eyelashes for that dramatic look that I like. Everyone notices my eyelashes when I wear this mascara. Granted, I do have slightly longer eyelashes naturally but when I add the mascara it's like BOOM, in your face. Never had any issues with clumping, unless I'm using way too much product but nothing that can't be easily fixed. It dries quickly too. Stay away from the waterproof formula, it tends to flake and it irritates my eyes.
Meghan M.
Fayetteville, TN
Would anyone recommend this mascara?
Monique M.
Louisville, KY
Waterproof or not?
Vinamae M.
Spokane, Wa
Does this mascara make your lashes flakey?
Mariam B.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would you say this one was your favorite?if yes then why?
Courtney A.
Australia
Does it make your lashes look like you wearing false lashes?