BY MAYBELLINE #20 in Mascara

Achieve colossal lashes in just one coat thanks to a collagen formula and Mega Brush. Clumps are no more!

Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth 20, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Silica, Soluble Collagen, Simethicone, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

May Contain:

Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines
(CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Mica

• How do you apply your mascara? Just one swipe or do you go ove...9 Answers
  • which is better the Collosal or the Lash Sensational?2 Answers
  • What is your favorite mascara?132 Answers
Miss. Hillary P.
Portland, OR
So, I'm particularly picky when it comes to my lashes & the mascara that I use on them! I usually ALWAYS prefer a wand with small bristles, I usually can't get to those hard to reach baby lashes with a big old bulky wand. But, recently I have been on the hunt for a new mascara, & I chose to give Maybelline's colossal chaotic lash a trial run. I have been using this mascara for three days now, & I actually do like it, it's not my holy grail (which I am determined to find, very soon) but, I actually don't mind the larger bristles on this wand. I don't end up with mascara everywhere, and I love how long it makes my lower lashes. The only thing I don't particularly like about this mascara, is the fact that i can't get my lashes super dark, even with the blackest black color i got. I have to apply like four coats to be satisfied. It's just not a thick enough consistency for me, it almost seemed as if the mascara had been opened a few times, and sort of dried out. Is not that super wet consistency that a brand new mascara usually is, so that was a bit odd to me. So all in all, I will continue to use this product, until i make it to the store, to try my next mascara! So, this one didn't hit the mark for me, but it has made me realize I may actually like a wand with bigger bristles.
Emily A.
Mogadore, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've always used and loved Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't a fan of this one in high school. However, fast forward five years, I recently complimented a coworker on her eyelashes and she swore by it so I picke
d it up. I never remembered it being this good! I've fallen in love with this little yellow tube of awesome. I've got the length naturally so I'm looking for definition and volume (I like it dramatic), and the Colossal delivers for sure. I can pile it on as thick as I want, the color is bold and black, and it puts my stubborn, all over the place lashes where they need to be. The brush is big but not obnoxious. In my experience it gives lots of volume and more length can be achieved by building at the tips. Best part is, it comes off and the end of the day without a fight. It does flake minimally throughout an 8+ hour day of wear, which granted my luck isn't a huge issue for me but could be for someone with oilier eyelids. Had to dock a star for that reason but would rate 4.5 if I could.
Me parece que es una buena mascara de pestañas, pero es increiblemente pesada y me deja las pestañas fijas, es un poco extraño.. su duracion es excelente y realza muchisimo las pestañas, pero solo la uso para cuando quiero un look mas dramatico porque mis pestañas naturalmente son largas y para diario se me hace muy exagerado // I think it's a good mascara, but it is incredibly heavy and leaves me still eyelashes, it is a bit strange .. its duration is excellent and enhances a lot the tabs, but only use it when I want a look more dramatic because my eyelashes are naturally long and daily makes me very exaggerated
Talia F.
Harrisonburg, VA
I've been using this mascara on and off for years now! It does have a few cons though. It is an extremely wet formula so I would not suggest applying this as a base coat if you curl your lashes...they will fall, so I tend to use this as a second coat on top of a waterproof mascara with smaller brissles or a plastic wand (ex: the Maybelline Rocket waterproof). I've also found that it can be clumpy so be careful when applying more than one layer. But if you're going for colossal mascara, buy it! I just wouldn't recommend it for the gals that plan to wear this alone as an everyday mascara.
Veronica U.
Pinconning, MI
I used to swear by Falsies mascara, in the purple tube. However, we were over at my sister-in-law's house and I couldn't get over how good her lashes looked, both long but also thick they were! The Falsies never made my lashes look very thick. She told me it was Maybelline Colossal mascara. I bought a tube that week and have not looked back since. A few times I have been tempted to buy a different mascara to try out, but nothing compares.

The brush is full bristled and does not clump, leading to voluminous and looong lashes. Also builds well, a second coat makes my lashes even longer!
Elena A.
Miami, Florida
I have always liked the masks of tabs of pharmacy it seems to me that there are good nice and cheap, this mascara i like very much, Maybelline is famous for their masks and I see that; I like it a lot that is very dark in the tabs, subregional the curl, I liked the brush that is simple and versatile at the time of use, Economica!! I love and i would recommend it to all those girls who have short lashes and without ripple (and if you the rizas with the eyelash curler are fabulous) I like also that it is easy to get in any pharmacy or supermarket!! Fabulous
Sandy B.
Redmond, OR
My favorite mascara of all times lately I have trying other mascara just to see if there are any other good mascaras out there but I always keep going back to my colossal one it just works amazing on my lashes. I have super long eyelashes and when I put this mascara on its gives them a beautiful glamorous look omg I loooooooooove it. Can't live without it highly recommend if you have long eyelashes. I know many people that dislike it but I love it and think it's a great mascara and the price is amazing too super affordable 😍😍😍👌🏻🙌🏻👏🏻
Elly R.
Atlanta
I found this to be not too heavy or wet, which is a must for me as wet mascaras make my lashes stick straight right away and it keeps my lashes curled. I always purchase the waterproof product and find little to no flakiness throughout the day. Where I live it rains quite often and sometimes I notice a little more darkness on my bottom lash line when my face gets more oily. I only put on one or two coats of mascara and do not find it to clump on me. Also The mascara in the bottle actually dries pretty quickly.
Jessyca M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I could give 10 stars to this mascara, I would for sure! It does what it claims: It gives VOLUME to your lashes, before the mascara you have like 15 lashes and after you get like 6847020 more lashes its like magic how this mascara delivers so much volume on your lashes, there are so many great mascaras but this one is one of the greatest, for volume I think its the best. For definition not that much, but you can define the lashes before with a special brush and its ok! LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT! 100!!!
Kim N.
Orlando, FL
This is one of my favorite mascaras. It is a little bit harder to take off than my other favorite mascara by Maybelline but I still love it. It gives my lashes a really full look. If you're looking for a mascara that would give you a bold look to go with your makeup then this is the one(especially if you get the darkest shade) When you're kinda running low, it does start to clump up a little and become a little harder to apply but that's most mascaras. I totally recommend it!
Pavan S.
Phoenix, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is your favorite mascara?
Alyce O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this mascara clump like others do?
Jadyn B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this a clumpy mascara?
Diana S.
Does this make your lashes bigger?
Melesina V.
Does this mascara clump easily? I usually put two coats of mascara on.