8 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #23 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Master your own NYC moment with a collection of perfectly curated eyeshadow shades.

• Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride

• CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake
  • CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake
  • CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide
  • CI 75470 / Carmine

• The downtown sunrise pallette Maybelline The City Mini Palette is ...4 Answers
  • Maybelline The City Mini Palette My look made with the beautiful co...1 Answers
  • How does this palette hold up to other more expensive palletes? Is ...4 Answers
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
Bronx, NY
Review for: Concrete Runway™
I received this complimentary "Concrete Runway" Maybelline City Mini Palette from Influenster to test and review. In all honesty, this particular collection contains colors that I wouldn't normally wear (I'm into warm tones). For the sake of this review, I was up for the challenge! Below is a break down of my personal notes on the palette:

Colors: My favorite is definitely the vibrant blue. It catches your eye immediately and it steals the show with its pigmentation. The lighter shades are my least favorite. It applied nicely but did absolutely nothing for my skin tone but make me look ashy (yikes).

Swatches: The swatches were pretty decent. I swiped my finger in each shadow three times to pick up a good amount. The darker shades were not as pigmented as I would like and a bit rough. The lighter shade was completely lost on my skin tone. The shimmer shades were lovely and soft.

Application: The shadows apply better to my eyes than the swatches. To be fair, swatching only gives you an indication of how the color will took on your skin tone. I applied an eyeshadow base to my lids and also used setting spray with the shimmer shades to intensify the colors. I stepped out of my comfort zone an created a deep smokey eye with the two darkest colors in the palette and applied the royal blue shade to my lower lash line. Surprisingly, it looked great!

Overall: The Maybelline City Palette is a solid 4. To me, the palette required more work than some of my higher end eyeshadow palettes. I had to spend more time blending, there's a bit of fall out and packing on the shadows to achieve my desired look. For the price, I think this is a great palette for traveling and also beginners. I would love to try some of the other shades, especially Urban Jungle for the fall!

Kayla W.
Kayla W.
Sarasota, FL
Review for: Matte About Town™
I received this palette in a voxbox in exchange for my honest opinion.
Upon opening the box my first opinion was that the colors were pretty and definitely perfect for everyday wear. I opened it up and started to swatch, I thought I would need to apply pressure to pick up enough pigment but that was not the case at all! You can go in lightly to pick up pigment and still have a great amount picked up! The texture of the shadows are silky soft, in my opinion they are a creamy powder, not powdery but not completely creamy either. These shadows are pure perfection, silky soft and very blend-able.
A few things I really like about the Matte About Town palette specifically is it is perfect to use the palette alone or as a base before adding louder shades. I really love that there are 6 different shades that are perfect compliments of each other. This palette is the perfect size for travelling which is great!
The packaging of the palette is plastic but it seems like it will hold up very well through dropping/travel, it seems to be a very sturdy plastic palette. There sadly is no mirror included but that personally doesn't bother me much at all, I typically don't use mirrors in palettes but I know a lot of people do.
I gave this palette 5 stars because to me it deserves it, it is now my go to palette and I for see it being my favorite for a while! I have a lot of single shadows that this palette is perfect to use with. The quality of each shades is consistent through and through, the pigmentation is excellent, and very blend-able.
I will be going out to pick up a few more versions of these. I currently have my eye on graffiti pop and downtown sunrise! I hope this review helps in making your decision!
*Both pictures are with flash*
Carrielle S.
Carrielle S.
Omaha, NE
Review for: Downtown Sunrise™
I received this complimentary Maybelline City Mini Palette in Downtown Sunrise from Influenster to test and review. All opinions are my own.
I tend to wear a lot of neutral eyeshadow looks, so this palette fits right in with shadows I already own.
SHADESFour of the six shadows are neutral and of those four, three are matte. This gives you a lot of versatility when you're creating looks. The matte brown is absolutely essential in the palette because that shade alone will add depth and dimension to any look.
I love all the shadows in the palette, however, I’m especially fond of the shimmer shades. That rose gold is everything!
PIGMENTThis palette is super pigmented. All of the shadows show up well when applied to the eyelid. You see color right away, and it doesn’t take multiple “coats” for the shadow on your eyes to match the color in the palette.
APPLICATION & WEARThe shadows on go smooth, layer well, and blend together seamlessly. Once the shadows are, they stay on until you take off your makeup. I experience very little, if any, fall out from the shadows once I finish my makeup. (Remember: You will always have some fall out while you’re creating an eyeshadow look.)
I totally recommend this palette to anyone who wears makeup. It has all the colors you need to create a complete look and enough colors to create a variety of looks. Great quality, I can’t wait to try the Rooftop Bronzes.
Charissa G.
Charissa G.
Edmonds, WA
Review for: Urban Jungle™
I got this Maybelline palette for review via influenster.

Upon unpacking - look at all this sparkle! It is hard to capture in photos, but it is bling city.

Testing the shadows, they blend excellently. However, I got some fall out, especially the glitter. I suggest you either bake+brush away or do foundation last. The pigmentation is inconsistent. The darkest shade packs the most punch for pigmentation, so tread carefully or you'll raccoon hard. The two mid shades' pigmentation is blotchy and needed to be built up.

What I love about this palette is it is self contained. I can easily do what I want with just this set. I ignored the suggestions on the back, as you got a lot more look options just blending the champagne or gold with the other colors for quick looks. Taking this on a weekend getaway was great as it was the only thing I needed for shadows.

You certainly need primer for this palette, apply wet, and setting spray. The shadows easily fall off applied without the added help.

The packaging is pretty typical plasticy drugstore makeup. What I found odd was it not containing a mirror or applicator. I personally prefer my own brushes, but having some sort of applicator and mirror would help with the usual drugstore makeup crowd, plus make this more self contained.

For considering it being drug store makeup, the shades are nice collection and do fine with a bit of work. Price point is great for what you get. If you are a hard beauty junkie that only buys drug store gems, I think this is a pass unless you don't have these collection of shades or want a small travel palette.
Ariana P.
Ariana P.
Lindenhurst, NY
Review for: Graffiti Pop™
I recieved the Maybelline The City Mini Palette in Graffiti Pop free from Influenster to review. Here are my honest thoughts:

I use a lot of Maybelline products but this was the first time I've ever tried out their eyeshadows. I have to say I'm really impressed. First, I love the packaging, I'm a sucker for packaging. It's compact but holds a lot of product. Definitely travel friendly. Second, I liked the selection of colors in this palette, though I'm typically a more simple neutrals kind of girl, I do love a pop of color now and again. Also, the quality of the formula, I felt, was comparable to some of my Tarte palettes. The shadows (mostly) were very pigmented and blended extremely well and I didn't experience any fallout. I'm not really talented doing eye looks but I found it super easy to work with, which is very important. They also held up extremely well through an outdoor wedding and a hot reception without much of any creasing. I tried the shadows on myself, I'm very fair, and my mom, who has a deeper tan skin tone, and the colors looked great on both. Though, I thought the brighter shades popped a bit more on her darker skin. The one thing I will say that wasn't the greatest in this palette was the two lightest shades. They were a bit chalky and didn't have the same feel as the other shadows. They worked fine but weren't my favorite. So to end this review on a positive I also want to say that the price ($9.99) and selection of different types of palettes in the line is really awesome. There is literally something for everyone. Maybelline The City Mini Palette
Kira D.
Kira D.
Millersville, MD
Review for: Rooftop Bronzes™
I got the Maybelline "The City Mini Palette" in the color scheme "Rooftop Bronzes". This was received complimentary from Influenster for testing and review purposes.

Pros:
-Seemingly sturdy packaging
-6 different shades to choose from
-Each shade differs from the others but stays within the designated color scheme
-Great color payoff for 4 of the shades
-Not overly dusty, so application shouldn't be too messy on cheeks
-Colors stay for a couple hours on top of shadow primer (on my oily skin)
-Shimmer is very fine instead of large sparkles
-Packaging includes clear window to see each shade without opening the palette

Neutrals:
-This palette ONLY has shimmery shades; no mattes whatsoever
-Does not include a small applicator like similar cheap eyeshadow palettes
-No pink shades that would do well with bronzes; ONLY browns, tans, and beiges

Cons:
-2 of the darker shades require more material to show color (not great color payoff in these 2 shades)
-Comes packaged with a cheap, paper casing/sleeve that looks unappealing (matter of opinion)
-Did not last all day on top of shadow primer (on my oily skin)

All in all, I think bronze shadows look lovely on every skin color, and these shades shouldn't be any different. For being one of the cheaper makeup palettes around, my expectations did not waver much from my impressions upon receiving this. I would have definitely liked to see some slightly pink shades included with the bronze, though; Other than that, I think this is a pretty good palette for the price I think it is sold for.

(Again, I received this palette complimentary from Influenster and Maybelline for testing and review purposes.)
Obviously A.
Obviously A.
Sonora, CA
Review for: Girls Night Glimmer™
I'm a working mom of four kids... which means after being up all night breastfeeding the baby I got up at 5:30 AM to try to pull myself together for work while changing, dressing and feeding my brood. Somehow I still managed to slap on some makeup and was shocked at how smooth and creamy Maybelline's City Mini Palette eyeshadow went on. I received the "Girls Night Glimmer" set from Influenster for free and ended up applying it with my fingers using a compact mirror over a kitchen table while spooning yogurt into a toddler's mouth and *still* managed to look like a glimmering goddess. The colors are fantastic and perfectly balanced so the two shades of turquoise aren't overpowering. The silvery sparkle is a fine shimmer that comes across as classy and sassy instead of "90's middleschool day-glow glitter shadow" garish. But what really shocked me was that after wearing it through a 9 hour work day and walking home in 105 degree heat, it still looked flawless. No loose chunky glitter stuck to sweat all over my face or shadow bunching into the creases above my eyelids: It was still smooth, glimmering perfection! And my hair was literally SOAKING with sweat! This stuff would be amazing to wear to the club... you know, if I ever went to a club! 😂 Maybelline The City Mini Palette
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Orlando, FL
Review for: Rooftop Bronzes™
I received the Rooftop Bronzes city minis palette from Influenster to review at no cost, and at first swatch I loved the texture of these shadows! Super creamy, and the sparkle is amazing! Every shade in Rooftop Bronzes is sparkly. It could use a neutral matte shade, though. I have to combine this with another palette to get a complete eye look.

After a few uses, I'm liking it but not loving it. I did, however, purchase two other City Mini palettes (Graffiti Pop and Urban Jungle), so really for the price they aren't bad. I just had a few issues. I'll elaborate...

On application, I found that the texture of these shadows makes them difficult to blend well. They almost blend too well, I have to be careful not to let the colors get muddy.

As for wear time, it's not the best. These shadows are pretty faded by the end of the day, even with a good primer.

Another issue I had was that two shadows fell completely out of the pans when I turned the palette over upside down. I was able to press them back into the pans pretty easily though, even the shattered one, without adding rubbing alcohol or anything.

However I do like the color combos offered in these small palettes and I do like the creamy texture, even considering its downsides. They're easy to grab and go when I'm in a hurry.

All in all, they aren't bad, but they aren't my favorites.
Kimono_kat k.
Kimono_kat k.
Austin, TX
Review for: Matte About Town™
✨[REVIEW]✨
#Maybelline City Mini Eyeshadow Palette* (Gifted by @Influenster)
🏷This eyeshadow palette comes in a very convenient and compact size. The shade that I receive is in 408 Matte about town which is great cause I personally prefer Matte eyeshadow ☺️ This compact eyeshadow palette features six neutral shades ranging from vanilla shade to dark brown color, easy to wear and great for everyday makeup look.

🏷The product is very easy to pick up, I only needed two swipes for the swatch. You can go in with very light hand and still pick up a good amount of it. Some shades of the base color are not as intense as the darker ones but you can add it up more as you go. The texture is very soft and silky making it easy to blend, however, because it's a bit powdery, the lighter shade will have a minimal fallout.
🏷It might not be too exciting as an eyeshadow but definitely practical. Few things that I like about this product is that each shade works well together and it's easy to use as an everyday wear. The pigmentation is good especially on the bold darker color although I don't use it very often. The consistency of each shade is there except one or two of the lighter shades that you need to go in a couple more times. A mirror would be a nice touch but not necessary. I'm glad it didn't include sponge brush to take up space because I find that very unuseful.
This product was sent to by @influenter for my honest review
Katie M.
Katie M.
Kenmore, NY
So, as a product junkie, I have tried MANY Maybelline products. I received my first mini palette complimentary through @influenster and @maybelline. The shadows are super creamy and blend-able, however a couple of the shades weren't nearly as pigmented as the others. I was able to build them up which was great, but the only issue I found, was that the eye shadows faded fast, and almost slipped off. I made sure to prime my eyes beforehand, but for some reason they just didn't last very long. On a positive note, I was incredibly impressed with the pigmentation of the blue and purples, as well as the consistency of them which you don't find very often with drugstore brand shadows. So props to Maybelline for making one of the smoothest and pigmented drugstore palettes out there! I don't think I would necessarily purchase the bright graffiti pop palette again, just because I don't typically wear these colors, however I will be purchasing one of the neutral mini palettes to see if those work a little better on me....plus they look absolutely gorgeous! PRO TIP: wet a flat shader brush with eyedrops, then dip your brush into the shadow of your choice to enhance pigmentation and to prolong wear!
Thanks again @Influenster and @Maybelline for sending me this awesome palette to try! #contest #grafittipopminipalette #influencer #maybelline
Madison R.
Madison R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How is the quality on these?
Islam H.
Islam H.
Gaza
Is it matte or shiny?!
Lindsay D.
Lindsay D.
Fall River, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Maybelline The City Mini Palette what's everyones favorite palette out of these??
JAS T.
JAS T.
Mount Juliet, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well do these blend out?
Kim A.
Kim A.
Lantana, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Maybelline The City Mini Palette How long did the colors last for most people? And was it with or without setting spray?