BY MAYBELLINE #20 in Lipstick

Intensely perfect, perfectly intense. Ink your lips in up to 16 HR saturated liquid matte.

Maybelline's SuperStay Matte Ink™ provides highly pigmented color in a true matte finish for up to 16 hours of comfortable wear. Unique arrow applicator allows for precise application of liquid matte color.

Available in 10 saturated shades.

How to use/apply:

Step 1. Apply liquid lipstick in the center of your upper lip and follow the contours of your mouth.

Step 2. Glide the liquid lipstick applicator across the entire bottom lip.

Step 3. Allow 3 minutes to dry.

Step 4. Remove with an oil based makeup remover. Try the NEW SuperStay Eraser Lip Color Remover!

Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink™ Liquid Lipstick
  • "This Liquid Lipstick Is Very Creamy And It Doesnt Crack Much. I Think That This Is A Very Good Product. I Recommend It." in 2310 reviews
  • "Love love love this lipstick. It is bye far one of my top five drugstore lipsticks. It is super long lasting and super matte. This was definitely a good find!!" in 1239 reviews
  • "Love love love this lipstick. It is bye far one of my top five drugstore lipsticks. It is super long lasting and super matte. This was definitely a good find!!" in 1234 reviews
  • "This Liquid Lipstick Is Very Creamy And It Doesnt Crack Much. I Think That This Is A Very Good Product. I Recommend It." in 354 reviews
Maya R.
Ithaca, NY
Review for: Pioneer, Lover more...
Obviously I don’t have the best lips to swatch on, but these colors are BEAUTIFUL. I have dry lips already, so I typically avoid mattes but these were sent to me in an Influenster box after winning an Instagram contest. I am a big lipstick fan, especially of the mauve-y, dusty rose that shade 15, Lover, is. I wear a lot of reds too, so Pioneer is great too! These lipsticks take time to dry, I’d say 5 minutes or so. I have not had any problem with transfer whatsoever and I almost always do. I used a lipstick scrub before using this so it wouldn’t settle into all the lines in my lips. I also carry a Chapstick and upon applying it on top, no color was left on my Chapstick! They aren’t very drying anyone, I just prefer a shiny lip a lot of the time. This is great because it really does last ALL DAY. Through food, drinks, even a little kissing. They are hard to get off though and you definitely don’t want to mess up application with the red. The wand makes it easy to apply but be careful pulling it out because I have yet to remove the wand without a string of lipstick flinging out. Overall, they’re worth it for me. A drugstore lipstick that lasts all day?! I’m for it.
Jade M.
Review for: Pioneer, Lover more...
Great pigment in Pioneer(20), applied easily. Didn't even need two coats, but I put a light second coat to give it a fair chance.
Wand shape was initially pretty weird to me, but it actually works really good to follow the contours of my mouth without getting the product all over the places I don't want it.
Drying took longer than 3 minutes, as the directions say 3 minutes for drying time. While drying down the lipsticks were still very comfortable, moisture wise. However, I took a total of 10 minutes for it to dry down completely, but even then it still didn't have the "true matte" finish that's promised. While drying, the product was definitely sticky. Not goopy or runny, but if my lips touched each other while drying, they did stick together pretty good. Enough for me to exert a good effort when opening my mouth to get them unstuck.
After a blot test on the back of my hand, there is obvious evidence that even with 10 minutes of drying time allotted, they were still sticky and very transferrable. That is an issue for me, since this product is advertised as a "true matte" in finish and it's meant to last for up to 16 hours. Also, upon drying down "completely" ( I use the term loosely, since they didn't actually dry down all the way) my lips were still sticking together and the outer lines of the product were feathering out onto my skin(let it be known, I don't overline my lips, so the fact it was still feathering was concerning to me). Lastly, the inner layer of product, closest to the water line of my lips, the product was wearing off within minutes of being "dried down", forming those pesky crumbles and strings of lipstick everybody hates.
Drinking with this lipstick is a problem because of how transferable it is, even though it's supposed to be a true matte. Any liquid that may touch it, activates the lipstick again and makes it want to run and smudge. When you take your lips away from your straw or drink, CRUMBLES GALORE.
After a few hours of having the product on, I did a second blot test before taking it off. It wasn't nearly as transferable as the first blot, but there were way more crumbles and still a  faint but obvious outline of my full lips. On the smudge rest of the two colors, there is obvious smudging from a light rub of my finger, but the lighter shade (Lover 15) was more resilient to any rubbing than the red. When removing, it was more difficult than I thought it would be. I removed with an all in one micellar cleansing water wash(removed waterproof makeup too). I had to SCRUB to get these off of my lips and my hand and wrist. So props for staying power, just not on transfer.

So while this product is VERY pigmented, doesn't dry out your lips, and is super easy to apply, I don't think it should be being marketed as a true matte finish that lasts up to 16 hours. Maybe a semi-matte and let it be known it's not transfer resistant. I love the two colors I was sent, but since I personally prefer a true matte lip finish and a non-transferable product, This product  is a no for me, but I'm very thankful for the opportunity to be one of the people to try it out before it hits stores!  Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink™ Liquid Lipstick
Kimmie R.
Marksville
Review for: Escapist more...
I was shopping for a long lasting liquid lipstick to wear for my sisters wedding (I was the maid of honor). I REFUSED to spend over $20 for a certain lipstain and sealer that reps are trying to push on me. I found the Super Stay Matte Ink by Maybelline New York in the EXACT shade to match my dress, "Escapist". It applied so smoothly and I got complimented on the shade by everyone I spoke to. I only started wearing lipstick about 5 years ago. I was always so scared to wear anything on my lips because it would always end up on my teeth. I'm in a band and I need it to last without getting all over my microphone, or drink ware. Needless to say, It survived a full day and night of eating, drinking, kissing my baby niece's chubby cheeks, and an hour of singing at the reception. I will DEFINITELY be purchasing more colors of this awesome stuff. It felts a little sticky after application, but after a while, I didn't even notice. And when I removed it at the end of the night, It came off fairly easy with a makeup cloth and didn't leave my lips stained or splotchy. TWO THUMBS UP!
Caitlin H.
Review for: Dreamer more...
This is a phenomenal lip color. I purchased this because of hearing all the beauty gurus love it for its great price and longevity, and i was definitely not let down.
Dreamer is a perfect "my lips but better" color for my skin tone.
This liquid lip is unique in that it doesn't completely dry down, and it definitely transfers, but the color somehow stays put ALL. DAY. As in, I eat salads, pizzas, tacos, and I may have to touch up around the center of my mouth, but at the end of the work day, i can still have a good wash of color on my lips.
This lipstick doesn't really dry my mouth out like other lipsticks, so I reach for it when I'm looking for something comfortable on my lips. It's a great formula for Winter, since it feels less drying than other mattes.
This ink doesn't really wash off like a normal liquid lip does. After I remove my makeup and wash my face, it feels a little like a waxy residue is left over. Usually to counteract that sticky waxy feeling, I throw on a balm and go about my evening, and after a few minutes, the feeling goes away.
I will definitely purchase more as the lip ink comes in a variety of different colors.
Mimi N.
NY
Review for: Lover more...
This liquid lipstick is AMAZING. As with many people, I really don't like the "butt-hole" mouth look that you usually get with many liquid lippies. This one is completely life changing for me... seriously. You only need one coat since it's very pigmented, and it dries pretty fast. I saw that someone in a previous review mentioned putting on two coats and I really think that changes how the product works. With any liq. lippy, you really don't want to put on more than one layer, otherwise you'd be making the product thicker, which makes it take longer to dry and thus less transfer-proof. One thin layer is all you need for this and it dries down almost like a seal.

It does NOT budge, transfer, or crack. It's also like rubber, but a very comfortable rubber. It's not drying at all and lasted me way longer than 12 hours! My days start early and end late, so imagine my surprise when I ate a ton of greasy foods and came back home with my lipstick still looking bomb!

It does have a bit of stickiness to it though; however, it's not the kind where pigment from the bottom lip will get stuck on the top lip. It's just tacky, but nothing moves. Unless that's a major peeve of yours (and you smack you lips together a long), this lipstick is so worth it in my eyes! I just wish that came out with more unique colors. The current ones, including the new ones, kind of all stick to the same color range that Maybelline usually has: reds, lighter cool pinks, cool nudes, etc.

Overall, I think this is by far the best drugstore formula I've tried for liquid lipsticks! No more "butthole" mouth for me! I'm just waiting for more colors (those that aren't so cool toned)!
Lindsey B.
Review for: Seductress, Loyalist, Lover more...
Bought this after seeing several great reviews and I agree that this has amazing staying power! Pros: smells great, applies easily, wand works well, great pigmentation, great color selection and last long. You only need or want one coat. More and it doesn’t dry or wear as well. Cons: takes a long time to dry before no longer tacky, which goes along with only wanting one coat of coverage. I think it says 3 minutes. I’d say more like 10-15 to be safe. It does transfer a little on cups, etc despite it staying put for hours. Pictured is Seductress which is a great nude. I’m fair skinned and I like loyalist but there wasn’t enough contrast with my natural lip color to feel like it justified adding it.
Sarah C.
Review for: Believer more...
I am in love with this product! At first, I was very hesitant to purchase it in "Believer" because it looks like such a deep plum color. I wasn't sure if it would look flattering against my skin tone. However, I applied one thin, single coat and it gives my lips a nice muted magenta color. It's not too bright and not too dark, making my lips have just a pop of color. A minute after I applied it on, it was untransferable. It didn't stain my chapstick (I use Nivea) and when I tried to smear my hand over it, the color did not transfer at all! I hate seeing my lip color on coffee lids, so this product is a must-have. I am so happy that I purchased it! I will say this is definitely comparable to my Smashbox Always On Matte Lipstick in "Girl Gang," which I was running low on. I really didn't want to spend $24 for another one, so this is a life-saver. I bought it for under $8! What a steal. You will not be disappointed if you purchase this product. It's such a flattering color! Just don't overdo the layering.
Angie R.
Review for: Lover more...
So I decided to borrow this lipstick from my mother to see what it's potential was. This lipstick has a great applicator and the color glides on smoothly. But, it doesn't stay true to the "24 hour wear" claim. I find it really weird though that my mother could leave it on when going to bed and it still looks freshly applied but if I wear it for a couple of hours. The color will not stay in the inner part of my mouth. Also if you dislike lipsticks with scents, this isn't for you. It smells like cake batter (which I personally love). Overall, this is a lipstick I would wear for a short day out but for a day where I spend all of my time out, I wouldn't wear something like this. It does have a great variety of colors though, 4/5 stars and I recommend it.
Tiffany B.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Lover more...
Purchased this on a whim since a friend asked me to do her makeup for her wedding and the bridesmaids as well. Since her bridal party was a mixture of purples from a lavender to a plum needed something that would look good and wanted the makeup to stay consistent with the bridal party. I made sure to try this before committing it the day of the wedding. First, the wand is not a traditional wand you see with matte lipsticks but it helped getting the inner corners nicely. The color is a pretty pink matte and it dried down fast. Wore it for 5 hours while drinking and eating and it didn’t even budge or transfer. Was highly impressed. After I used it I sanitized the wand before placing it back into the tube so I can use it with the bridal party. Even with individual lipstick applicators it still applied like it does with its own wand. Will be picking up more colors.
Stormy B.
Chanute, KS
This is for the shade Huntress.
This is nice for a drugstore brand liquid lipstick. Super opaque, pigmented and lasts forever. Seriously, I had to scrub forever to get the stuff off at the end of the day. It does take a bit longer than I would like to dry down and tends to feel tacky on the lips but I generally remedy that with a translucent setting powder. The applicator was a bit odd at first but I don't mind it, it's nice for getting into the corners of my lips with ease. I really love the warm purple grey color. Every other grey drugstore brand lipstick I've tried so far has been streaky and barely pigmented so this was a nice change. Plus it smells like vanilla frosting, what's not to love about that!
Melissa B.
Kiss proof? Smudge proof?
Cicely W.
Sanford , NC
Does this product dry your lips out?
RENELLE p.
Do they dry matte completely?
Jada N.
Cheney
So I play clarinet and I practice a lot but I also love to wear makeup. So I am on the hunt for a lipstick that I can play and not have any lipstick rub onto my reed. Would this work?
Alexis R.
Are they pigmented long lasting colors ?