9 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #14 in Lipstick

Intensely perfect, perfectly intense. Ink your lips in up to 16 HR saturated liquid matte.

• Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink™ Liquid Lipstick4 Answers
  • Long lasting like the original super stay ? 5 Answers
  • 16 hour? Hmm who can vouch ?4 Answers
Soo N.
Soo N.
Review for: Pioneer, Lover
The applicator for both of these shades is a preferred pointy doe-foot. The only complaint I have regarding it is that the hole in the middle of the applicator makes for depositing product (onto a clean palette, for example) rather tedious. However, the way I maintain my liquid lipsticks isn't similar to the everyday user, so that shouldn't be an issue for generally anyone else.

Compared to other liquid to matte lipsticks I have trialed, the formula is rather sticky and gooey before it completely sets. Both shades take quite some time to set (as you can see for the red shade, Pioneer, I shot the swatch pic before it set completely). They do eventually dry down and stay put for great wear. I personally really like that even after it sets, the formula doesn't stick to itself and/or peels off from rubbing your lips together. As a liquid lipstick formula, I find it extremely comfortable to wear. I didn't get any wear from just drinking water. And when I tested during a meal, there was minimal wear on the inner portions of my lips, which is common even for liquid lipsticks.

I didn't find the formula to have any offensive scents, the light fragrance is kind of fruity? (I'm not too great with describing smells.) It definitely isn't overpowering to me. Any stickiness to the formula definitely goes away after it completely sets. I found both shades to be relatively forgiving in terms of settling into dry patches or lines on my lips, as they didn't make either more obvious after application. The first time I tested Lover, I was impressed as I didn't even bother exfoliating prior to applying.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the application wasn't patchy, it was very smooth and didn't streak or smear around while doing so (even with my mistakes).

I don't enjoy most drugstore makeup products, but I really like the two shades I got to test out. Lover is very flattering, and Pioneer is  great red that doesn't pull orange on me. The formula for these two lipsticks are better than some higher end liquid lipsticks I own.

(attached are macro lip swatches on myself: shades were minimally lined along the outer edges with Kat von D Beauty Everlasting Lip Liner shades in Lovecraft and Outlaw;
both Maybelline samples were received complimentary c/o Influenster; all opinions are my own)
Laura J.
Laura J.
Review for: Lover
YALL this stuff. I don't think I can rave about it enough. I received the color Lover which I can describe as a Wine color. It has purple undertones and looks pretty good on fair skin. The packaging is sleek and very modern. Definitely different than most products out right now which makes it stand out. The formula is super creamy, glides on pretty well, and the applicator compliments the product. I always swatch my voxbox products because I like knowing how they are before I put them to use. I swatched this and was really surprised. It glides on like a gloss, dries down Matte, and I could not get the stuff off. I tried water, didn't work, soap and water, slightly worked, finally had to scrub the remainder off with a make up remover wipe and even then there was color on my hand. I had a dinner that night so I thought why not test it with some food?! I put the color on, and let me tell y'all what all I ate.Please note that dinner was at 8, I put the color on at 330-4 o'clock ish and ate a meal before dinner because I was starving. I ate a full sloppy joe, mac n cheese, chips and queso, and downed a whole margarita. There was NOTHING on my fork that I ate the mac n cheese with, NOTHING on my margarita straw, and this is what my lips looked like when I got home about 8 hours later. Yes I'm slightly duckfacing to show where the product did come off of, but nothing really stays on the inner part of your mouth. I am not someone who drinks a ton of water and I find the NYX Lingerie liquid lipsticks very drying. Not really the case with this product. I know it looks super drying in the photo, but honestly it isn't. It's not hydrating, but not drying. It's just kinda there. It also didn't really flake off like other liquid lip colors I have tried. Now, you're probably wondering why I have assigned it 4 stars when I have raved about it. I have found one flaw. Yes the formula is amazing for staying on your lips, however it is a smidge difficult to apply. The formula is goopy? I guess you could say. It's not runny, but it definitely hangs and drops off the edge of the applicator. That being said, it can over line your lips or leave a residue surrounding your lips if you don't scrape off the excess product. Other than that I really can't find anything bad to say.
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
Bronx, NY
Review for: Creator
An in-store display in Walgreens caught my eye. I've seen this liquid lipstick all over social media and watched a few reviews on Youtube. Needless to say, theres a lot of hype around this product. The color I was most curious in was front and center. To make matters worse (actually better), there was ONE manufacturer's coupon for $1 off left. I considered that a sign from above to purchase it. Okay, that was a bit dramatic but I believe in destiny. Almost immediately, I wiped off my current lip gloss and smacked this stuff on my lips en route to a cookout. It applied easy but it took quite some time to dry. I was not a fan of the sticky drying process HOWEVER once it dried, it was completely matte. It's a fairly comfortable wear, not too dry but its definitely not the smoothest. "Ink" is the perfect word to describe this liquid lipstick because it was locked onto my lips and did not transfer at all! I have a bad habit of making faces, which almost often leads to lipstick transferring to the tip of my nose (I can't possibly be the only person who does this...can I?) Anyway, there was ZERO transfer on my nose, cups, napkins, foods...not a speck of "Creator" in sight. Great right? Sort of. Since it was a super hot day, I didn't have on any makeup with the exception of this liquid lipstick. I'm totally guilty of falling asleep with my lipstick on. Its the perfect storm for a smudged lipstick mess allover your face and pillowcases. To my surprise, my lipstick was right where I left it: on my lips. No transfer at all! SO here's the fun part: Removal! Don't even waste your time by attempting to wipe off with a tissue whether its wet or not. I used micellar water to remove the lipstick. It wasn't as easy to remove as regular liquid lipsticks. A few micellar water soaked cotton pads later, it was off but it definitely stained my lips. IMPORTANT TIP: The stains could've easily been avoided if I would've removed it before bed. Overall, the shade is gorgeous and I received many compliments. I will definitely purchase additional colors and I'll never fall asleep with lipstick on my lips ever again...I'm sure I will repeat the latter.
Jill B.
Jill B.
Columbia, TN
I was so excited when I visited my mailbox today -- Maybelline sent me a few tubes of their new long-wearing liquid lipstick to try out & review! There's been a little buzz about the launch of this product & one of the first drugstore brands to attempt the ever-popular matte/liquid lipstick formulation.

My first day wearing the lippie was met with both pros and cons - but at the end of the day, the pros reigned supreme. Maybelline claims the formula lasts 16+ hours without bleeding, peeling or reapplication, and boyyyyy, they sure were right. At the end of my day (18 hours after applying makeup), I still had to use a makeup remover to remove the color. My go-to makeup wipes hardly scratched the surface. Long-wearing is an understatement; This is easily one of the longest lasting lipsticks I have ever used.

When it comes to shade range, I think they hit the nail right on the head. There's a wide selection for all skin tones, and I LOVE that the tube is an almost exact match to the color inside. No more squinting to see the little tiny name on the bottom of the tube or opening every tube to find your right match.
Another pro is the amount of product stored in the tubes. Most liquid lipsticks and glosses are 0.05-0.08 fl.oz. - Matte Ink is a whopping 0.17 fl.oz. That's over 3 times as much as some tubes. (For example, cult-favorites Kylie and ColourPop liquids are only 0.07 fl.oz.) Pricing ranges from $7.99 on Amazon to $9.99 at drugstores. Competitive pricing and tons of product - you're definitely getting your monies worth when it comes to this lipstick.

And for the cons - the main negative about this product is that it is a little drying to your lips. Cosmetic companies have been fighting the line between long-wear and comfort for years when it comes to lipstick formulations, and for most, long-wear takes precedence. Now, I wouldn't say that the lip color is uncomfortable, but my lips definitely could have used a little more moisture. Applying chapstick under the liquid lip was a fail. The wax in the chapstick just repelled the lip color. Applying chapstick after the Matte Ink caused a faster breakdown of product, defeating the purpose.

To help combat this issue, I first used a lip exfoliator (try Sara Happ The Lip Scrub, $24 at SaraHapp.com) buffed on with a soft-bristled toothbrush. This helps to remove any dead or dry skin on your lips that can cause uneven application. At night, use a lip serum (try Rodan + Fields Lip Renewing Serum) to make sure your lips are nice and hydrated for your morning application.

So - this might just be me being picky, but I'm also not too crazy about the applicator. It's a wand with a doe-foot sponge - so you get plenty of product without multiple pumps, but the tip is too rounded to give you perfect, crisp lines. Use a lip liner, small lip brush to apply or smooth out rough edges with a concealer to give you more definition and a precise vermillion border.

Below I've attached my own personal swatches of the two colors I received - lover and pioneer, along with a full-swatch of all colors on different skin tones.

Legal jargon: I'm required to let you know that the company sent me these products for free to test out and review on my beauty report; however, I'm not required to give any information other than my honest opinion. When I love a product, I love sharing that information with you. If I hate it, I'd let you know that too. I can't support beauty experts & bloggers who give anything other than an honest report and no amount of free product is worth it for me to lie to those of you reading this who make my dream job a reality.
Morgan S.
Morgan S.
Review for: Pioneer, Lover
I really liked this liquid lipstick. I would have given it five stars if it weren't for one thing: it is sticky! My lips stick together when I close them and they pry apart when I open them because the lipstick makes my lips stick together towards the corners of my lips. Idk if this is because I put more product there, but it is sticky in the middle too, but not so much. Other wise, I thought this product was great! It has great pigmentation, and the color applies with one swipe. It is not streaky as well.
The color lasted all day on my lips, even when I ate enchiladas and drank water. This product was not joking when it said it would last 18 hours... it seriously did! And it was not flakey either. Towards the inside of my lips faded slightly, but that is to be expected when eating and drinking, but it wasn't very noticeable. I simply applied another coat, which went on smoothly. It is comfortable and not too drying, minus the stickiness. It eventually stopped being sticky several hours later, which I think is because it was starting to fade slightly from eating and drinking. It fades nicely. It does sink into the lines of my lips, however.
I think this is a GREAT drugstore buy. I would definitely recommend this. If you blot off the extra with a paper towel after applying, it might help with the stickiness. The colors are great as well. I really like the applicator also because it has a point at the end, which allows for precision when applying. You get a great amount of product in the tube, and I really enjoy the packaging. The dark colors are even really pigmented and they do not apply streaky. I don't think it dried my lips up too much. However, it is really hard to remove. I could hardly get it off with my micellar water! So that shows you its lasting power.
I think this is one of my favorite drugstore liquid lipsticks now! Definitely give it a try! I received this product for free to test out, and I am loving it! Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink™ Liquid Lipstick
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Saint Johns, FL
Review for: Lover
I was recently sent this item for review and have finally figured out how to rate it! I had such high hopes for this one and totally wanted to give it 5 stars but there was a part I wasn't a fan of. So basically if I could rate it my different parts there would be parts that would totally have 5 stars so lets break it down!

Color: LOVE the color, Lover is a stand out everyday color that works on all skin tones which is very nice.

Longevity: So this says it lasts up to 16 hours with no wear and I kind of just brushed that off. I didn't think it would. I mean so many things they last for such and such amount of hours but WOW does this one! So I put it on at noon. Looked great. Went on about my day, I was outside, and inside, and keeping plenty hydrated due to the heat. It didn't transfer to my water bottle at all. Got caught out in the rain and it was still good as new. Skip forward and I'm at home being greeted with puppy kisses. This lipstick lasted through that and the little pup didn't even get any on her! Haha!!! Now its about 6pm, went out for dinner, still no wear. Nothing left on the straw, and looked great when we got home. Around 10 it was still looking good as new. I ended up with a headache and fell asleep with it on, bad I know, but when I woke up at 7:30 the next morning it was still on, and didn't come off till I washed it off. So yeah that 16 hour wear is sooooo accurate!

Formula: Applies nicely! Its a smooth formula that I really only needed one coat with. It applied evenly with the first go. It was a bit sticky and does take forever to dry. It also does stay tacky until you eat something with it on honestly. So I wasn't thrilled about that. Which is why its 4 stars.... Also I wasn't in love with the actual applicator. I prefer it be a solid one no whole.

Packaging: Love the weight of the lippie. It feels like a quality product. The only thing I done love is how hard you have to pull to get the wand out. I know why you do obviously to pull off extra product but at the same time I noticed when you do that it can spew a bit and get on surrounding things which isn't good if its your clothes, or so on!

Samantha C.
Samantha C.
Review for: Pioneer, Lover
This is my first time using Maybelline New York SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick. I have to say right away when I opened the box I loved loved loved the packaging of this lipstick. This lipstick comes in 10 shades and I got two of them. The two shades I got was PIONEER (Red) and LOVER (Purple). I want to give you some background on this lipstick. It does say that it will last up to 16 hours of comfortable wear. It says it will be a pigmented color and a true matte finish. I DID LIKE this product because it doesn't dry out your lips, really does everything the product says it will do. I really did love the product but the packaging was the first thing I noticed. It's a square container and it reminds me of like a box. It has a modern look and the colors on package is the matte lipstick color. I went searching to find where you can buy Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick and I found out you can buy it at Ulta for $9.49.You can also buy this at Target, and CVS.
INSTRUCTIONS: I followed the directions. Theres pictured instructions here
Apply liquid lipstick in the center of your upper lip and follow the contours of your mouth.
Glide the liquid lipstick applicator across the entire bottom lip.
Allow 3 minutes to dry.
Removed with an oil based make up remover. Try the NEW SuperStay Eraser Lip Color Remover!
PROS:It did everything it said it would do. It lasted throughout the whole day and was super long lasting. Super pigmented. And doesn't come off even if you drink something. Did not dry out my lips or crack. The applicator was super easy to use! CONS:There aren't any con so this product just that I could not get it off it was super hard and some of it even lasted overnight but I also did not use an oil base make up remover.

I received this product complementary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Kaleisy B.
Kaleisy B.
Review for: Pioneer, Lover
SO! I cannot start to describe how amazing this liquid lipsticks are, so I'll try to go step by step on how I've reacted to them after getting them. 1-The presentation: two large tubes of a matte painted color representing the product itself, very modern, they look great. 2-The smell: right after opening the first thing that comes to you is the lovely smell they have, almost make you want to eat your own lips (for real haha) 3-The applicator: the tip of this applicator is totally innovative, it's shaped in a way that actually helps apply the product with no mess, because it helps you go through the edges of the lips and the interior as well smoothly. 4-The colors: both colors were amazing on me! The Lover is a lovely shade of pink/purply/nude which goes perfect with my skin color and my natural lips color, so I look polished and made up without it feeling too much. The Pioneer is a beautiful shade of red that every woman should rock! 5- The duration: GIRLS of the world, read this: they last foreveeerr! I tried them since I got them from the morning to the night, without reapplying and still got compliments on them looking freshly applied even after eating, drinking, and kissing ;) so they definitely pass the time test! Now two CONs I would find are: 1-They do stay a little bit sticky on your lips (although it wont shut your lips closed or anything, its no big deal) and 2- They are so good they are even a bit hard to remove, so most of the times I find myself using both my makeup remover for waterproof makeup and some coconut oil to help with the bit left. And that's it! My honest review on the amazing products I received complimentary on my VoxBox thanks to Influenster and Maybelline!
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Review for: Pioneer, Lover
I was sent two colors of this lip line - Lover and Pioneer - in exchange for an honest review. I don't often wear lip colors because I find they all seem to wear off fairly easily. Earlier in the month I received a product similar to Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink - it claimed to have almost all of the same benefits: matte finish, all day wear, moisturizing, etc. This was my first experience with all-day matte lip color and while I could tell the product would last a long time it was extremely drying on my lips. I was not impressed.
Fast forward to receiving the Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink VoxBox, I was a bit skeptical but excited to try the product and see if it delivered on its claims. It did, big time! I LOVE these lip inks! Both of the colors are very pigmented, come with an easy to use applicator, and have staying power. The only downsides are that the application of the product is a bit sticky at first and it does take some time for the product to dry. There's still a bit of tackiness after it's dried but never once while using these products did I feel that my lips were getting extremely died out!
While the product claims to have up to 16 hours of wear, I'm sure that this varies. What I found in my experience is the wear depended on which color I used. My favorite of the two inks was Lover, which was closer to my natural lip color. I found this product lasted longer than Pioneer. With Pioneer I absolutely loved the color but I was heartbroken to find that it did not withstand as much as Lover did, which is extremely unfortunate.
Would I purchase these in the future? Absolutely! Would I recommend them to a friend? Definitely! If you're on the fence about whether you want to try this product, my suggestion would be to go for it - the price seems more than fair and the colors are beautiful!
Maya N.
Maya N.
Review for: Pioneer, Lover
I tried the Maybelline Matte Ink lipstick in shades pioneer and lover that was sent to me to review by #influenster for free! I created an ombre lip using both colors-Lover, in the center & pioneer, on the outside. Here are my thoughts as follows: on the arm, it definitely looked smudge proof but when applied directly onto the lips, it took a bit longer to set & dry. That being said, there is a slight stain when you run your fingers over the color but I would assume that's bec of the two colors applied together! It smells amazing like vanilla confetti, glides on beautifully but dries fast which means you want to apply it fast starting at the center of your mouth, contouring the lips and then bottom lip. I am running on about 10.5 hrs wearing this lipstick and I can say the color stays in place and does not crease and pleat. It's super vibrant that you don't need to reapply every hr of the day. Removing it was slightly messy because I initially tested it on Saturday and it truly is like a "matte ink" so I would only recommend using an oil based makeup remover ( I use Lancomeofficial Bi-facil double action remover LOVE IT👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻) Also, to tackle on whether it is hydrating or not, I would not enthusiastically say it is. In fact, it has the potential stickiness to it but very minimal and lightweight on the lips so it's manageable. These are my honest thoughts and impression on this product. I would give this overall a solid 8/10. Who has tried this out & what do YOU think? Tag me if you try it out would love to see these vibrant shades on you babes! Follow me on IG for swacthes of
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Kiss proof? Smudge proof?
Cicely W.
Cicely W.
Sanford , NC
Does this product dry your lips out?
RENELLE p.
RENELLE p.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do they dry matte completely?
Alexis R.
Alexis R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are they pigmented long lasting colors ?
Lily P.