BY MAYBELLINE #64 in Lipstick

NEW amped-up shades! Our Microflex technology keeps lips fresh through 200 bites, 120 sips, and countless kisses.

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lauroyl Lysine, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Parfum/Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Tin Oxide

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine, G2296 Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Is-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ozokerite, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance

• Oh is Maybelline super stay 24 hour lip color really good5 Answers
  • I'm curious on How long the where is with this product and do you...30 Answers
  • Is this good? Would you recommend this product?1 Answers
Kylie Q.
Kylie Q.
Providence, RI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received the colors Constant Toast and Keep up the Flame in my Voxbox. They have 30 gorgeous shades in a variety of colors, from nudes to pink to more bold lip colors. I am an avid user of liquid lipsticks so I was thrilled to hear I would be getting more. These were a disaster from the beginning.
Swatch: When I swatched them both on the back of my hand, I was pretty happy. They both seemed to be opaque, beautiful colors. They survived multiple hand washes. Note-the swatch was very deceptive.
Smell: Immediately after opening the package, I noticed a sweet smell. It smells like strawberries, in my opinion. I don't mind scented products so this was not a deal breaker for me. If you are sensitive to smells, this won't be for you.
Constant Toast: This is one of the worst products I have ever used. It went on super patchy and was kind of sheer even after 2 coats. It flaked and emphasized my lines on my mouth. From very far away, it looked decent. However the second you got anywhere near a mirror, you could tell how poor the quality was. It got all over my coffee cup as well so definitely not transfer proof. It also transferred on the back of my hand. That seemed very strange to me since it actually didn't transfer on the lip balm (which is incredible, more later). Overall, I would avoid this color like the plague. If you must, I am super pale with neutral undertones and dark eyes and hair - this was a flattering color even if it was extremely patchy.

Keep Up the Flame- This one was slightly better. It is a beautiful tomato red that truly is opaque and highly pigmented. One swipe is all you need for maximum color. The first time I tried to apply it I waited about 5 minutes before adding the balm. What I noticed was that most of the color on my bottom lip came off on the balm. So I reapplied and tried again except I waited 10 minutes, same results. Truly odd since the top lip didn't budge. I will give that one the benefit of the doubt and say it may have been a fluke. I still wouldn't purchase, however.

The Balm: I loved this. It has the same strawberry scent and the lipstick part that I personally like. It feels very comfortable on the lips. It is slippery without feeling greasy or oily. I will probably continue to wear this product on its own.

Conclusion: Do not buy. There are so many other wonderful liquid lipsticks that are much better for same price or cheaper. I will say, the little that remained on my lips after eating was nearly impossible to take off. I rubbed my lips raw last night and still have a few flakes of the red remaining. Wish the whole lip would have performed as well as the outside ring that was left.
Nadine D.
Nadine D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received the Maybelline SuperStay 24 Lip Color in the shades Constant Toast and Keep up the Flame in my Voxbox. I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I was really excited to try these because I mainly use high end liquid lipsticks and would love a cheaper alternative. First off, the directions were really hard to find. They were located on the side of the package in very tiny light colored hard to read print. The directions say to apply the color and then wait 2 minutes and apply the balm then and throughout the day (seems like common sense anyway). The packaging isn't anything special, just a thin plastic covering. The smell and taste are a little too saccharine for me - kind of sickly sweet.

Once applied, it feels tacky and gummy until it dries- not a great feeling. Once it feels dry, I apply the balm which makes the feeling silkier. Without even eating the lipstick tended to become patchy and gritty and flakey. I made sure my lips were exfoliated before but it didn't help. Then the little gritty flakes would end up in my mouth. Gross. I felt bold enough to wear Keeping Up the Flame out around the town and felt like I had to constantly reply the color and regretted choosing it for the night. I was in a constant state of frustration. The consistency never felt good and it flaked all night. I should have picked a smoother creamier lipstick. I expect most liquid lipsticks to wear in the inside which this one did too, not only on the inside but on the main part of my lip, leaving a ring of unflattering color. Do I have to reapply after every bite without looking like I had a big lipstick fail? It doesn't seem to stain the lips, it just starts to wear off in chunks. The transfer may not be as bad as regular lipsticks, but the gritty consistency and reapplying is not worth it in my opinion.

The color Constant Toast was a complete waste. I tried it numerous times and each time I had to take it off because it looked so embarrassing. First of all I have light skin so the really light color was not flattering to me. It was really difficult to get the color to not look uneven, but I tried to get it as opaque as I could. The flakes were more noticeable in the lighter color.

I liked the Keeping up the Flame more than the Constant Toast; however, not enough the use it again. I tried it enough times for testing purposes and that is it for me.

I would not recommend either of these to my friends or family. I might save them just for the balm, but otherwise they would go in the trash. I will stick to investing in high quality liquid lipsticks that deliver.

Christine S.
Christine S.
Millsboro, DE
Beauty Junkie Expert
So as a huge fan of all products Maybelline, this time I had to be a bit criticizing. I tried both colors that I had received complementary of @Influenster. I did some research on the price first and for what the product is, the rice is very reasonable. As far as the colors...

Constant Toast #136: As far as the color, I loved it. I am more of a nude/light pink color wearer myself and this color was dead on my type. Applying it, the lipstick was easy to apply, very sheer. The drying part is what got me a little. It seemed really heavy, sticky and towards the end..powdery. BUT after full dry and applying the balm, it felt weightless. I loved this product a lot. And Yes!! This product lasted all day long! No flake, No loss, just awesome!!

Keep Up The Flame #025: I am NOT a red color wearer. I think its more or less, Im afraid to wear such a bold color, but I tried it. I actually loved this color. I had a few issues with this one thou. Applying and drying were all the same as the first shade. It may have been a bit more sticky (glue like) but the feeling did wear away.. For awhile the color seemed to stay. Eating and everything went thru fine. After a couple hours, I did get flaking with this color. You could see that the inside of my lips didnt dry well. I noticed a lot of flaking all around. So for this one, I would give a 3 1/2.

But with for some reason, with Constant Shade not giving me that issue and Keep Up The Flame doing so, Im willing to give this product another chance.

Would I recommend: Yes. Maybelline has been one of my all time favorite brands and they havent done me wrong. This product did a little but Im still willing to recommend them for a second opinion.
The price is awesome and I got a 50/50 test so its worth trying again to get one as great as the Constant Toast came out(:
Meagan E.
Meagan E.
Elizabethtown, PA
I received two shades of this lipstick for free in a Voxbox for review purposes - Constant Toast (a very pale shimmery nude) and Keep Up the Flame (a deep red.) The first shade was very light, and I would not wear it again after testing it, as it completely washed out my fair skin. It was, however, very easy to apply, and once on it did not budge. Not after eating, not after drinking, after several hours I finally had to try to remove it. I discovered that makeup remover cannot even remove this lipstick, I could only remove it with a cleansing oil. If you have a different skin tone this might work a lot better for you. It is certainly long lasting. The second shade was a very deep red. I found it much more flattering than the first. This also went on easily, applying evenly. However, even after adding the balm, this one was a bit flakey. It was not excessively flakey, and it did not flake enough to affect its appearance, but it is something to keep in mind. This, again, was incredibly long lasting. Food and drink did not touch it. This time I knew to only try cleansing oil to remove it, so removal went easier.

Both shades were incredibly long lasting, even after eating and drinking. They did dry my lips out, so I definitely could not wear these daily, even with the lovely balm that comes with them. The balm is the real star, in my opinion, so nice and moisturizing, though unfortunately it cannot completely combat the dryness the lipstick leaves behind if you have dry skin. I do wish that the red shade was less flakey, as the nude shade was much better in that regard, I just cannot wear that color. I would consider trying a different shade in the future to see if it worked better for me.
Alexandra Y.
Alexandra Y.
Doral, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
i think this product is an excelent idea for daily basis, colors are very pigmented, at first feels dry but then feels very smooth like if you dont have anything on your lips, but while its drying its horrible, this is for a few seconds only but i feel my lips very very dry, i used as instructed the lip color and 2 minutes after the balm, and feels nice and a little moisturized, i have noticed that after a few hours the color turns a little darker than the original shade.
about the duration this is not even close of 24 hours lasting, if you dont drink and eat anything too greasy this would last like 4 or 5 hours, and then starts fading from the inside to the outside of the lips, when i eat something greasy this would fade inmediatly, i tried this with a lip pencil before the lipstck and the color last longer but like 6 hours top and then you need to retouch.
i used the color keep up the flame which is a beauutiful red very intense very pigmented this color really pop´your lips, with a red lip pencil will look perfect. i loove this color for real. the other color i use is constant toast, its a soft pale pinky shade, in my skin type (im light to medium) i think looks terrible, i feel very pale, this is vry personal because i like more vibrant colors on my lips, but looks nice tho.
the price i think for a long lipstick its nice, but i will keep looking for others drugstore long lasting lipstick

i tested Maybelline SuperStay 24 Longwear Lip color for free to review, (!thank you so much maybelline and influenster!) but this is my own honest opinion.
monica h.
monica h.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
As for the formula , I like it. Red applies much better than nude one. The color is more opaque and creamy and just looks so pretty on my lips. Nude well its more sheer and it sit in my lines on my lips (you know I mean?) it does not apply same as red that for sure. Plus once it dries it gives me glowy metallic sheen to my lips which with my oily skin was no no. I mean don't get me wrong i do like metallic finish but I need to mattify my face better wen I wear one. I think Constant toast look better under a nude lip liner. what i am impressed the most is the staying power. They do last very long on my lips. First, when you apply the liquid lipstick on you need to wait for it to dry. It will get all sticky and tacky and just yuck! but wait once its dry go over with the conditioning stick. That conditioning stick/balm locks on moisture and color. Color stayed on my lips .. lets see ... I applied it around 7:30am and I saw that the color was wearing off from the middle of my lips around 4pm. I say not bad. The formula is so lightweight you cant feel it on the lips :) Plus the stick makes your lips hydrated. I notice drying by the 3:30pm.
I was afraid of removing them tho. When I first swatched them on the back of my hand it was soooo hard and painful to take them off...really! So I was scared that I might be difficult to take tem off the lips as well. I used first my L'Occitane Immortelle Oil Makeup Remover and after I took my In Vitamin Micellar water and took of any excess that was left. I went off nicely without hurting my lips :)
Ellen E.
Ellen E.
Beauty Junkie Expert
For my first Influenster box, I received Maybelline's SuperStay 24. I was so excited to try these colors because I am always on the look out for a fun lip color that I don't have to apply too many times. The colors I received were: Constant Toast and Keep up the Flame. I know that they have many other shades of colors from nudes to pink to bright, bold lip colors.

I don't wear lipstick that often. The nature of my work, I don't have to have my "face" on every day. So, I like to jazz things up on the weekend and wear a bold color on my lips. I believe that lips can really make an outfit.

Let's talk colors first. I will be honest with you--the Constant Toast color washed me out. I didn't particularly care for that color. Keep up the Flame--that is my color though. I absolutely love it. It's a deep, pretty red but not so bright that it's distracting.

These lip colors definitely have a smell to them. It's not a bad smell, but if you are sensitive to smells you may not like it that much. It didn't alter my feelings on the product though.

Wear: I put Keep up the Flame on a Sunday morning, and it was still, brightly on my lips Monday morning. It definitely stays for a long amount of time. This is a color I will definitely use for an upcoming wedding I am in that I don't need to spend all of my time "reapplying".

Overall, I think this is a good product. I love one of the colors I received and I love how well it stayed on. I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a lip color that will truly stay.
Kelly T.
Kelly T.
Memphis, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a complimentary SuperStay 24 lipcolor in Keep Up The Flame (red) and Constant Toast (shimmery mauvey brownish-pink) as part of the Influenster campaign. I've been wearing Constant Toast; however, colorwise, it would not be my preference. It seems to wash me out a bit and is fairly close to my actual lip tone so it's not noticeable in my opinion. I do see it being beautiful on someone else though. As far as the formulation goes, I have a love/hate relationship.

Pro - it lasts . . . and lasts . . . and lasts. There is absolutely NO TRANSFER which makes eating and drinking nice. All over my other lipcolors I love leave oodles of color behind so they wear off within about 4 hours of usage. Not this - when they say 24 hour - I believe it even if I do plan to take my makeup off at night.

The con I would have to say is that even with the additional balm included, my lips feel pretty dry. I've been reapplying the balm multiple times since I've put the lip color on. Helpful hint - you need to exfoliate your lips EXTREMELY well before application and wait until the color is completely dry prior to applying balm. The lipcolor takes 2+ minutes to dry which is a bummer and you may want to "smile" while you apply so your lips are taut as it is setting or else it doesn't fill in your lip creases well and looks blotchy.

I will try the red tomorrow, which will be more of my kind of color, but as of this minute, I'm just meh on it for now. I really wanted to love it, but I haven't perfected it's usage yet.
Angie N.
Angie N.
Westminster, CA
I wanted to like this product, I do. Superstay Lipcolor ended up being quite disappointing for me. First, some cons. The product has a light, pleasant fruity scent, was easy to apply as it glided on smoothly, and has great pigmentation (especially Keep Up The Flame)! Keep Up the Flame is a very nice true red and is non-streaky and dries down to an even, matte finish. After applying the balm, sadly it was a different story. The product started to separate, became streaky and uneven instananeously. Obviously, it did not last 1 hour let alone 24. Constant Toast was even a sadder story. The color washes my light-medium skin tone and just did not work out at all upon application! It was streaky and flakey right off the application! I hated it. I gave both products another try by utilizing them without the balm and ended up liking it slightly better that way. The balm did provide a moisturizing effect though did nothing to help with staying power and only made it worse. Without the balm, my lips felt a bit drying but it was tolerable. Keep Up The Flame, without balm, lasted for a good 4-5 hours although minimal flaking did occur throughout. Constant Toast failed to redeem itself altogether. Overall, Superstay Lipcolor has potential but remains a disappointing product given that there are way better formulas out there among the newer generations of matte liquid lipsticks. I received Constant Toast and Keep Up The Flame for free but all opinions are my own.
April B.
April B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I actually really liked this lipstick. The colors I got were great. The lipstick was very easy to apply. I only needed one coat because this lipstick was very pigmented and opaque. Usually when a lipstick claims to be long wearing it usually only lasts a couple hours, so I was pleasantly surprised that this lipstick actually lasted all day and needed no touch ups. It is very comfortable on the lips and doesn't dry them out, in fact each lipstick comes with a lip balm type product on the opposite end so you can add some shine to your lips and keep them hydrated.. My favorite part about this lipstick is that it is 100% transfer proof. Once you put it on, it's not going anywhere, with that being said you need a very oily makeup removing product to get it to come off.
There a a few cons of this lipstick. I noticed that it doesn't ever really dry down all the way, it kinda just stays sticky/tacky unless you use the lip balm that comes with it. That is a major flaw to me because I rarely like my lipstick to be shiny or glossy looking. Another thing I also noticed is that if you don't apply the balm right away the lipstick gets kind of crumbly and starts to flake off a bit mostly in the corners of your mouth.
Overall I really enjoyed this lipstick and would recommend it if you are looking for something that will last all day long.
I did receive this product for free, but all opinions are my own.
Theresa G.
Theresa G.
Milwaukee, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this worth the money??? Do the shades look true to tube?
Jessi D.
Jessi D.
Derry, NH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this really stay all day
Ciera C.
Ciera C.
Powell, WY
I'm curious on How long the where is with this product and do you need to reapply and does it have a smell
Samantha F.
Samantha F.
Springfield, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
What takes this product off?
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This lipstick dries your lips? Is long lasting? What is your favorite shade?