Caroline H.
Beverly Hills, CA
Review for: Natural Ivory more...
I've been wanting  to try a new foundation for several months now, so I did a lot of research before ordering this off of Amazon. The pros of this product are:
- THE PUMP. I've never had a foundation with a pump before, and I can say that it truly is the best design. You won't spill your foundation ever, or pour out too much. Combined with the glass bottle, this doesn't feel like a drugstore product.
- The shade. I wear 110 Porcelain in Maybelline Fit Me® Matte + Poreless Foundation , but it started to feel a little too light for me and I wasn't sure if a darker shade would end up oxidizing or show up too orange or too grey, as a lot of light foundations do. Luckily, 112 Natural Ivory is a perfect match, light enough for my pale skin, but neutral enough to look beige and not pink.
- The consistency. I was pleasantly surprised when I pumped this out for the first time. I thought as a full coverage foundation that it would be a heavy, thick cream, but it's a really natural, light cream with a weightless feeling.
- Application. I use my  Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply this, and it feels amazing. The foundation blends easily and smoothly.
The cons:
- Coverage. Is this foundation full coverage? Eh, not really. It's definitely *good* coverage, but I think it's more like a medium coverage and the formula just happens to be really nice so you can build it up and not feel like you're wearing a ton of makeup.
- The wear. While this definitely lasts, I doubt the 24-hour wear claim. Would you really want that, though? I'm a little disappointed that this isn't masking  the textured areas of my skin as much as I'd hoped, you can definitely still see bumps, fine lines, and pores.
Overall, I really, really like this foundation and I think it's definitely a staple drugstore product. If you want truly flawless, full coverage, foundation however, this isn't it. Maybe with the right primer or if you already have flawless skin, you can get there, but for most of us, it'll just not measure up fully.