8 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #8 in Powder Foundation

Achieve all-day oil-control and lasting coverage with this skin-transforming powder.

• Talc
  • Copper Pca

May Contain:

• CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
  • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

• I wanted to know if this powder was lasting, and is it full coverage? 51 Answers
  • Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin® Powder what do you think about t...1 Answers
  • Does it have coverage??3 Answers
Maria S.
Maria S.
Berkeley, CA
Review for: Superstay
I was just sent the Maybelline Better Skin Powder with salicylic acid by Influenster complimentary! All of the following opinions are my own, and my opinion is that I am a huge fan! They sent me the product in the color 20 Classic Ivory. It was such a great match for my skin tone, and the application was so smooth. I used the sponge it came with which I normally never do because I tend to dislike sponge applicators, but this one worked really well. It blended seamlessly into my skin, and it does not look cakey at all.
The picture below of me holding the product is about 6 hours after application, and I think that it holds up well. This is definitely a light coverage powder, but that it was I gravitate towards. I don't like it when my skin looks totally smooth and blemish free. I like my concealing products to eliminate some redness and even my skin tone, but to also let my real skin shine through, blemishes and all, and this finds the perfect balance. It made my skin tone fairly even and allowed my blush and bronzer to go over it really well. Instead of covering up my skin, it brought out the best in it. In addition, I am enjoying the fact that it has salicylic acid in it. I feel better about the fact that I am wearing a full face of makeup when I know that there is an ingredient in my full face product that is fighting against blemishing and pore clogging. Overall, if you want a product you can use every day that looks natural and won't give you breakouts, this is awesome.
Kirby F.
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m a huge makeup snob. I’m mostly exclusive to shopping at Sephora, so when I was sent a makeup product by Maybelline I was a little nervous. I usually use bare minerals liquid foundation, which is around $30 and I truly believed I could only love a foundation that came with a high sticker price. BUT this little compact product has officially changed my life. This foundation is just three swipes of applying away to looking flawless. I’m being totally serious I have a total airbrushed look with in a matter of seconds and because of how fast and easy it is to complete and perfect my foundation I have been actually getting to places on time or even early.I encourage everyone to try this foundation. Its perfect for people on the go, traveling, mothers who have no time to perfect their makeup, ladies who want a flawless light weight makeup alternative in the summer, if you’re in a rush and have no time to spend 15 minutes on just foundation, or simply if you are just that lazy lady.Once I finish with this foundation I’m not sure if I will go back to my bare minerals. Honestly, I might for the winter but this just might be my easy makeup staple for my summer days or days when I’m running late!
Julia L.
Julia L.
Bloomington , IL
Review for: Superstay
Influenster sent me the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Powder in a VoxBox a few weeks ago. Although I had never used a powder foundation before, I was excited to try this out, as I am always looking for travel-friendly makeup items. Now that I've been wearing this foundation for awhile now, I can honestly say that I really like it! It applies evenly and looks very natural, provided you don't wear too many liquid/cream products underneath. The powder is not obvious when it sits on the skin. It wears well throughout the day and continues to look great. One thing to consider--it offers VERY light coverage. While I personally prefer sheer coverage from my foundation, I realize that many others don't, so this is an important factor to keep in mind. Another issue I have is the packaging--the pan is too small to effectively use a brush. Although the powder applies well with the sponge included, I find that I have to wash the sponge every two applications in order to avoid putting bacteria on my face. I would have preferred a bigger pan where the sponge lays on top. However, I still think that this foundation applies really well, and it has improved my opinion about powder foundation in general.
Jessika C.
Jessika C.
Review for: Superstay
I really like the compact. It has a little weight to it, the mirror is generous, and you can peel off the sticker if you’d like. The powder is finely milled, has medium pigmentation, and is very easy to blend. It is slightly powdery, but not overwhelmingly so. When using the provided sponge, there is little to no kick up. When using a brush (I used one from Vasanti), it does kick up powder. It has light coverage, but surprisingly helps neutralize the redness in cheeks. The coverage is natural, semi-matte. It lays well on the skin, even on my drier cheeks. For a summer powder, I’m liking this. Its a nice wash to even everything out without being heavy on the skin or fussy to apply. I’d highly recommend this for those with oily skin. I touched up my t-zone once during the 12 hour wear, and it still looks good. The touch up didn’t give me any problems: no cakiness, it still applied smoothly, and and felt lightweight. I could see this working well over a BB cream or tinted moisturizer for more medium coverage, but it’s a nice wash of color to even skin tone without it.
Marissa O.
Marissa O.
Kittanning, PA
Review for: Superstay
Influenster sent me this product for free to review. I've been really enjoying this product, it does an amazing job at blurring pores and applies smoothly. Holding up well in the heat and humidity it even managed to stay on through sweating. And it's my perfect shade which is rare for me to say about a product. However it isn't a full coverage foundation as claimed. Full coverage to me means that it covers my redness, which this doesn't do completely. I have to use a concealer first. I wouldn't suggest color correcting under this because I think the green would really show through. However, it can be built up from a light to medium coverage. And I'm sure you could build it up to a full coverage but you would look extremely cakey, and I don't think fix+ could save you even. But I think this is perfect for those hot days where you don't want to wear a heavy liquid foundation but still want some coverage. It's comfortable to wear and feels like you've got nothing on which I really love.
Grace U.
Grace U.
Review for: Superstay
I received the Maybelline Better Skin Powder Foundation in a Vox Box. I usually do not go for a powder foundation, but I was excited to give this a try because it contains salicylic acid (to fight acne). I have combination skin, but I tend to be oily in the warmer months and very dry in the winter. I'm not sure this is a product I could use in the winter, as I fear it may become cakey patchy, but I'll have to be sure to try it in the winter too. I noticed without a primer at first that it settled into my pores and almost looked crusty around my blemishes. I used the NYX Angel Veil primer under this foundation and it applied much more smoothly and stayed all day as I hauled through the airport and took two flights. Even in the dry cabin air, my skin wasn't overly dry. The packaging looks a bit cheap, perhaps this product could benefit from a sleeker package design. I also might have preferred a slightly lighter shade than the one I received, though it was hard to pick a shade online.
Molly H.
Molly H.
Review for: Superstay
I received this product complimentary from Maybelline and Influenster in exchange for my honest review.

So, this was my very first Vox box and my first powder foundation from Maybelline.

PACKAGING: Really nice. It comes in a sturdy white plastic rectangular compact that opens like a book. On the left side of the compact is a large mirror, which is super nice. On the upper right side is a small, white square sponge to apply the powder with, and directly below that is the product itself.

Size: The product itself is 9 grams, so it's a very good size!

Foundation: In short, I like it. I don't love it, but I like it. It applies quite smoothly, save for some patchy application around dry spots. It wears ok, but is def not a long wear foundation as fading does occur. I can't speak to the "better skin" aspect, as I've not been wearing it long enough.

Overall: I think this would be a good foundation topper/ setting powder. It can be worn alone, but would require periodic touch-ups.

Amy C.
Amy C.
Review for: Superstay
I received this powder in the mail to test. It had caught my eye when it was first released in the drugstore. When I heard I was in the voxbox to test this I was very excited. First of all, I was very impressed with the quality of the packaging. The compact is sleek, the mirror is phenomenal, and the sponge is decent. I was surprised when I saw that the sponge was more of a traditional foundation sponge rather than a powder puff. I tried this powder on it's own, and I have to say I prefer it over foundation. It didn't give a lot of coverage on its own. Sadly, it did oxidize on me but it could also be from the color being too dark for me to begin with. I have sensitive skin, so I was weary about the salicylic acid. It did not irritate my skin at all though. I think this powder would be great for someone that is oily and acne prone. Great powder for someone just starting off wearing makeup. Thank you influenster and Maybelline for allowing me to test out this product!
Susan L.
Susan L.
Review for: Superstay
LOVE THIS POWDER! I received this for free to try from Influenster and can honestly say I'm in love after my first time wearing it. For oily skin girls, this is great as a foundation, or just a setting powder over liquid foundation. It doesn't look cakey applied with a brush and has decent coverage for a powder foundation. My acne scars aren't covered all the way but the redness is taken care of for the most part. This controlled my oil and made me look matte for almost all day. If you have dry skin, stay away from this powder. It will emphasize any dry patches and feel very uncomfortable on your skin. As for packaging, it comes with a very nice mirror and a sponge for touchups, which is convenient to use when you're out and about. The color in 25 Nude Beige is perfect for my warm, yellow-undertone Asian skin. Definitely enjoy the salicylic acid feature but I have not been using it long enough to see any drastic results to my acne.
Venezia W.
Venezia W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I got this new Maybelline New York #BetterSkinPowder for free to try out in my latest Influenster #VoxBox. I decided to create a nice, fresh Work/Corporate Girl look so you could see just how versatile the powder could be! It gives off a great oil-controlled, shine-free matte finish. Now, the shade Influenster HQ sent me wasn't correct 😢 so I ended up going out and purchasing a more fitting color from Target! I even mixed the two for this look!!! I can't lie, I was a tad disappointed that the shade didn't fit but just like I have "combination skin", I also have a combination of red, yellow, and green undertones. Either way, it's a great product and for less than $10, you can't beat such a great matte-finish product. Plus the coverage lasts for hours!!! I definitely would recommend this powder to my girls because I know they would love it as much as I do!!!
#ad #BetterSkinPowder #MNYItLook #gotitfree #Influenster #Voxbox
Julia E.
Julia E.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this work well with oily skin?
Viviana R.
Viviana R.
I wanted to know if this powder was lasting, and is it full coverage?
Ruth R.
Ruth R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would this be used as a powder foundation or a powder to apply after the foundation?
Kelly W.
Kelly W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this come with the applicator pictured or do you have to purchase it separately?
Chelsea M.
Chelsea M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How does this one work? How does it compare to other foundations? Been thinking about trying it out but not sure.