BY MAYBELLINE #47 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

• Has anyone tried this? I'm looking for a loose powder because I'm...3 Answers
  • I have very oily skin, Will this stuff make me look oily?2 Answers
  • I LOVE how this covers and seals my makeup, BUT I always seem to ...4 Answers
Maybelline Shine Free® Oil-Control Loose Powder
  • "gives a lovely matte finish- use with a really big brush and dab on! makes me feel more confident s oil is definitely reduced" in 124 reviews
Shelby R.
This powder is incredible. It's not as fine as some powders that I've used and I really like it. It applies really well and sets my foundation and concealer well too. I would prefer the shade to be white or sheer but instead comes in a light skin tone color instead. Very affordable for around $5!
Chelsea B.
I really do love this powder because it does help eliminate a lot of the shine of my oily skin. Insted of my face looking extremely oily it looks like it has a natural shine. Downside is because it is a loose powder it is very messy
Sabina A.
Ocoee, FL
This was a decent powder, but I wasn't the biggest fan of it either. It applied nice and didn't look cakey, but my biggest concern with it was that it was such a messy powder and it would get everywhere! I have used other loose powders, but I've never had one so messy before! I will not be repurchasing.
Abi D.
Haworth, NJ
This product is best for setting all over my face. The color makes it a little hard to use to set under the eyes, it just darkens my concealer. I have also found that if applied to thicker makeup it can feel a little gross. I do like it and will continue to use it for setting my foundation.
Nailah B.
Oakland, CA
This was my first finishing powder and I still love it. The tint really helps eliminate flashback, so this is poc friendly and it does wonders for my t zone without making the rest of my face look cakey or powdery.  I usually find this at walmart or walgreens and I recommend it to everyone.
Caroline H.
Lubbock, TX
I'm not a fan of this powder for all over coverage. However, I did like using it to bake my face. It worked well for this use. It was a little too yellow-y for my tastes to use for an all-over powder. I recently ran out of this product and I don't think I will be purchasing any more of it.
Alisha R.
HEMET, CA
I purchased this product one day on a whim. I like the price point. obviously is is a drug store brand so it is very affordable. However I do not like that the powder is not very fine. Not the best setting powder I have tried. it leaves a cast. I personally would not purchase again.
Jasmine D.
Winter Garden, FL
This powder is pretty good. I wouldn't say that it set my makeup in place but it does block oils and keeps my face matte. I have dry skin and i works pretty well without drying up my skin. I have bought this 2 times but i don't think i'll buy ever again because i don't use powder any more.
Nicole R.
This is a great setting powder. I also really like to use this whenever I bake. It is a great product. The finish is matte. The only thing I dislike about this product is that it clings on to my dry patches. I would recommend this others. Especially if they have oily skin!
Holly G.
LOS ANGELES, CA
I adore this powder. It does a great job absorbing oils so my skin feels super soft and perfect. I wish it came in more colors because I'm super pale in winter and much more tan in summer, so I worry that this will make my skin look weird later in the summer, but it's been fine so far.
Cindy Lou N.
Sonia G.
Paducah, TX
crystal s.
Oklahoma City, OK
Does it give good coverage
Cindy D.
Jenni E.
Anaheim, CA
Where you guys get this product? Is it really oil control?