BY MAYBELLINE #24 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

• I have very oily skin, Will this stuff make me look oily?2 Answers
  • I LOVE how this covers and seals my makeup, BUT I always ...4 Answers
Shelby P.
Dryden, MI
Maybelline never disappoints me!  For the price (under $5 at Walmart), this powder is SO GOOD.  There's also a lot of product for that price.  I think the puff that comes with it actually works better than a beauty blender.  It blurs and sets better than the Coty Airspun and has zero smell.  I don't know why some people are saying it does, because it literally smells like nothing.  It also looks way more natural.  It doesn't feel heavy, doesn't make it look like I have seven layers of makeup on, and it doesn't make my pores look like craters.  I can seriously layer this on (I'm very oily so I can never have too much powder) and it doesn't look cakey.  I'm also less oily!  Amazing!  Haven't noticed any flashback either.

My two complaints:  The container is the worst thing ever.  The top doesn't lock or screw or anything.  It can be lightly pulled up and will come right off.  I have no idea how to travel with this.  The powder gets all over the top, but if you keep the puff in the lid it will help that.  It also oxidizes, but just a tad.  I'm using the 'light' shade and it has a white cast when you first put it on, but it gets darker before you even finish your makeup.  Not orange at all (on me at least), it actually changes to a normal color on me that looks pretty close to my skintone.
Darliz M.
Eagle Pass, TX
I haven't been able to try any high-end brand setting powders, so I can't really say how this product would compare. Maybe the more expensive brands would leave this one in the dust, I don't know. But this one has worked very well for me, enough so that I've repurchased. I did try other drugstore setting powders (both pressed and loose) but I didn't like them and threw them away, then went and bought this one again. It just works for me. And it's affordable. I use it on a fluffy brush, tap off any excess and just gently press it into my skin all over my face (note: I use an undereye setting powder specifically for that area, not this one) and then when I mist setting spray over it, it looks just right, not too powdery.
Alexandra W.
This powder was very affordable and also a great value, as it comes with a ton of product. It also comes with a makeup “puff” to apply the powder if you want. I personally use a fluffy brush to apply it, and find it to be pretty similar to the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in terms of how well it works to set your face (but without any scent). However, unlike the Coty translucent powder, this powder comes slightly colored in beige, so it can be misleading when looking at it, but I believe it is a universal translucent powder so it works for any skin tone (sort of like how the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder is colored). I would recommend this to anyone looking for affordable setting powders that work, however it can be a little hard to find in stores and even online, so if you find it grab it!
Tee M.
Honolulu, HI
BEST LOOSE POWDER EVER! I literally have them stocked in my drawers IN CASE- because out here in Hawaii they are always out. I have like 3 in my drawers right now. I use them to bake my under eyes, my chin, and my whole face. I usually apply this lightly all over my face, after I put my powder foundation on IF I don’t use the presses powder foundation. You won’t regret it. I use a lot of the product but it feels as if the product isn’t going out anytime soon. 😂😂😂 Worth the $6, has a lot of product.
Baylee S.
I loveeee this product. Its long lasting and finshing is amazing. I love this top most brand. This is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price. I bought this from walmart store and it is also available in other stores like Fred Meyer,target,walgreens many....... It gives soft texture on skin. I would definitely recommend this product and brand too. Its better to search for offers before buying. Have different shades of color for different skin tones. I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers. It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also. I am kinda shopholic ;) so love to buy and try different products ,brands and shades. It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy. Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too. It has matte texture. I would definitely buy More n more n more... I love trying new products and samples tooooooo. Its bestiest best product I have ever used.
Alyssa H.
I did like this powder, it was a good price and didnt leave my face cakey looking. The only downfall was there really isnt many shades i think only 2 maybe 3 tops from what i seen at wal-mart where i got it. The shade i got seemed a tad dark for me and the next one down would have been way too light for me. Honestly tho id say its defidently worth a try tho, just try to look into the shades and what would be best for you.
Cierra K.
Kansas City, MO
I use this loose powder in the shade light 01 to powder before foundation as well as bake and set my highlighted areas. Lightweight and blendable but sometimes ashy if left on too long. Also it can get a little messy without the puff so keep it! It’s okay for right now but once it’s gone I’m not buying it again.
Mery B.
Glendale, CA
This is one of the best loose powders I've used from Maybelline and will continue to use it. Beware it does have flash back ! I use the color 01 light and I don't have the palest skin, so I'm not sure how it would work for girls lighter than me. But it does give me that extra coverage and highlight I want.
Stefany N.
Vienna, VA
I really like this powder. I use it anywhere from 3 times a week with my makeup. I love it because I can use this powder over liquid foundation to set it and give it a nice matte finish. This powder leaves you with a nice natural color. I have oil skin and this is the perfect match for a matte finish. It is a really great quality for the price and I would definitely recommend!
Tiff B.
I enjoy this powder a lot!! I say this is my new favorite powder! I use this to set my face after applying my foundation and concealer, and it does help with my oil control! The control doesn’t last all day as I notice my face looks pretty oily at the end of the night, but you only need a little bit of powder, and it applies very easily! The price was great too!
Sonia G.
Paducah, TX
Cindy D.
Cindy Lou N.
crystal s.
Oklahoma City, OK
Does it give good coverage
Jenni E.
Anaheim, CA
Where you guys get this product? Is it really oil control?