Add a Photo

By MAYBELLINE NEW YORK
#13 in Mascara

COLOSSAL LASHES IN JUST ONE COAT!

CREATES 9X THE VOLUME, instantly

COLLAGEN FORMULA + MEGA BRUSH plumps lashes

Why You'll Love It

The most colossal lashes in just one coat.

• Lush collagen-enriched plumping formula and Mega Brush instantly build 9X volume, without clumps

• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested

• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula

For Best Results

Sweep brush from root to tip to plump lashes and achieve dramatic volume. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or Maybelline® New York Expert Eyes® 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.

Photos (429)
Colette s.
Colette s.
Brisbane , QLD

I have very straight, almost downward pointing lashes and must use a curler for any hope of pretty lashes. Generally speaking a waterproof will hold curl better than standard version but even so most mascara will leave my lashes droopy after a few hours. The first time that I curled and then applied this mascara I literally gasped "WOW" when I stepped back from the mirror to see the results. With the decent volume and unbelievable curl my lashes really did look like falsies!

I have been using a tube of Glam Black daily for the past 6 weeks and it is still very fresh and not yet dried out or clumpy. Naturally my lashes are light brown and for full makeup days Glam Black is gorgeous, but I plan on purchasing Glam Brown also for more natural days. This mascara draws so much attention to my eyes that I kid you not I can get away with less makeup. I have had trouble keeping mascara off of my eyelid lately (all brands) so I also purchased a mascara shield and am thrilled with the results. I can squish the brush right into the base of my lashes to get tons of mascara down at the roots and it's instant eyeliner, no joke, just amazing! It does take a little longer to dry and your lashes won't feel soft and fluttery, but I am just fine with those trade offs.

There has been minimal flaking and almost no smudging, the tiny smudges that do happen are under my lower lashes (though I do not use this on my lowers) and they wipe away easily with my finger or a tissue. It doesn't other me. Removal of any good waterproof can be a pain in the butt! You will NEED a good makeup remover, soap or cleanser is not going to cut it!
Miss. Hillary P.
Miss. Hillary P.
Portland, OR

So, I'm particularly picky when it comes to my lashes & the mascara that I use on them! I usually ALWAYS prefer a wand with small bristles, I usually can't get to those hard to reach baby lashes with a big old bulky wand. But, recently I have been on the hunt for a new mascara, & I chose to give Maybelline's colossal chaotic lash a trial run. I have been using this mascara for three days now, & I actually do like it, it's not my holy grail (which I am determined to find, very soon) but, I actually don't mind the larger bristles on this wand. I don't end up with mascara everywhere, and I love how long it makes my lower lashes. The only thing I don't particularly like about this mascara, is the fact that i can't get my lashes super dark, even with the blackest black color i got. I have to apply like four coats to be satisfied. It's just not a thick enough consistency for me, it almost seemed as if the mascara had been opened a few times, and sort of dried out. Is not that super wet consistency that a brand new mascara usually is, so that was a bit odd to me. So all in all, I will continue to use this product, until i make it to the store, to try my next mascara! So, this one didn't hit the mark for me, but it has made me realize I may actually like a wand with bigger bristles.
Érika M.
Érika M.

If I could give 10 stars to this mascara, I would for sure! It does what it claims: It gives VOLUME to your lashes, before the mascara you have like 15 lashes and after you get like 6847020 more lashes its like magic how this mascara delivers so much volume on your lashes, there are so many great mascaras but this one is one of the greatest, for volume I think its the best. For definition not that much, but you can define the lashes before with a special brush and its ok! LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT! 100!!!
Spanish: Si le pudiera dar 100 estrellas a esta mascara sin duda lo haría, ella cumple lo que promete: VOLUMEN, es como si antes de aplicarla tuvieras 15 pestañitas y despues de aplicarla luces como si tuvieras 28492 pestañas nuevas encima, el volumen que da es fabuloso, para mi es especial para eventos y salidas nocturnas ya que me hace lucir como si tuviera pestañas postizas aunque para definir las pestañas es mejor utilizar un cepillito especial para separarlas al finalizar y listo!!! amo este producto!!!
Emily A.
Emily A.
Mogadore, OH

I've always used and loved Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't a fan of this one in high school. However, fast forward five years, I recently complimented a coworker on her eyelashes and she swore by it so I picke
d it up. I never remembered it being this good! I've fallen in love with this little yellow tube of awesome. I've got the length naturally so I'm looking for definition and volume (I like it dramatic), and the Colossal delivers for sure. I can pile it on as thick as I want, the color is bold and black, and it puts my stubborn, all over the place lashes where they need to be. The brush is big but not obnoxious. In my experience it gives lots of volume and more length can be achieved by building at the tips. Best part is, it comes off and the end of the day without a fight. It does flake minimally throughout an 8+ hour day of wear, which granted my luck isn't a huge issue for me but could be for someone with oilier eyelids. Had to dock a star for that reason but would rate 4.5 if I could.
vonj c.
vonj c.
Elkton, MD

Ever since I started wearing makeup, mascara has been my go-to for a quick and easy look. Running out of mascara can be detrimental to my morning routine; considering what it brings to my look. I was having one of those "zombie" days, where you just roll out of bed and don't care to do much with your look. I then reached into my green makeup bag, where I grabbed my colossal volume express mascara, covered in eyeshadow dust, and went to apply it. As I took the long brush of mascara into my hands to brush my naked lashes, I realized, that the pump I was pumping, wasn't as pumpy as usual. I was devastated, and went to the Walgreens to buy some more. After my second purchase of this mascara, with several days of light usage, the mascara was ,yet again, dried out. This mascara is great for a light look, and to be left on the shelf for months. The formula however, is just as susceptible to drying out quickly , as a dollar store mascara . NEVER AGAIN
Laura M.
Laura M.
Middletown, PA

I'm going to write a review on the Colossal Cat Eyes mascara. To start off, WOW, this mascara is amazing!! To be honest, I usually seem to be attracted by products that advertise "cat eyes" or winged" or "butterfly effect" and this one wasn't an exception. The first time I tried it, I wasn't so sure of it, but I never like to waste a product so I continue to use it so it runs out. The next day when I applied it, I fell in love with it. My lashes looked AMAZING; completely elongated, full, and separated. It had been a long time since my eyelashes looked that good. Also, recently I started using a lash primer (I use the Dior Lash maximizer primer) and WOW OMG THESE ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST LASHES YOU'LL EVER SEE. this combo is perfect and I can't stop wearing it. Definitely worth a try, whether you try it alone or with a primer!
Hillary Z.
Hillary Z.
Vancouver, British Columbia

I have short stick straight asian lashes that are barely noticeable. I have used this particular one from the Volum' Express line alternating between another Maybelline mascara and that's only because I want to achieve a certain look with this one. I found this to be not too heavy or wet, which is a must for me as wet mascaras make my lashes stick straight right away and it keeps my lashes curled. I always purchase the waterproof version and find little to no flakes throughout the day. Where I live it rains quite often and sometimes I notice a little more darkness on my bottom lashline when my face gets more wet/oily. I only put on one or two coats of mascara and do not find it to clump on me. It's been a good consecutive 4 years with this and I will continue to repurchase!
phill a.
phill a.
Lynnwood, WA

I recently bought this mascara and liked it. It did an amazing job to separate my lashes! It made my lashes even longer. Although, it didn't give me much volume. My lashes were separated but they were still a little thin. I got the waterproof version of this mascara and it really was waterproof. It was easy to remove with cleansing wipes as well. It is also a wet formula mascara. It managed to separate my lashes and not be clumpy after several coats. Overall, its a good mascara and I would recommend it. I don't use this alone though. I like to layer it on with the Lash Sensational by Maybelline. I just really like have thing lashes. I recommend this to girls who are just starting out with makeup.
Jasmine U.
Jasmine U.
Ewa Beach, HI

I bought this after hearing HollieEatsLipstick rave about this mascara claiming it to be her hg mascara. I don't really agree with her. This is the first mascara that I used to have natural bristles. I didn't think the bristles could cling on to my lashes enough. It wasn't enough on the first coat, but by the second coat it was looking good. The only issue I have is how large the brush is, it's the size of my eye and usually twirl the wand up to get product on my lashes, and it would always make a huge mess without fail.
With this mascara, always bring a q-tip.

After getting used to it however, I did enjoy it near it's end. I kinda missed it, did not repurchase.
S. S.
S. S.

I have this mascara in black and waterproof and I love that it doesn't budge until the end of the day. It builds quickly into thick fluttery lashes. I love that this brush adds product and the stiff, but large dense natural bristles comb through the lashes to get a fanned and clump-free lifted look. I love that the formula is a bit on the wet gel-end of the spectrum so that it doesn't make lashes look crispy, but smooth. The only drawbacks are that I wish it added more length and because the brush is a bit big, it can get a bit of mascara on the eyelid if you aren't careful or used to using it. Otherwise, awesome mascara!
Pavan S.
Pavan S.
Phoenix, AZ

What is your favorite mascara?
Alyce O.
Alyce O.
Sanford, FL

Does this mascara clump like others do?
Jadyn B.
Jadyn B.
Ruskin, FL

Is this a clumpy mascara?
Diana S.
Diana S.

Does this make your lashes bigger?
Melesina V.
Melesina V.

Does this mascara clump easily? I usually put two coats of mascara on.

Join Now