Add a Photo

By MAYBELLINE NEW YORK
#7 in Mascara

COLOSSAL LASHES IN JUST ONE COAT!

CREATES 9X THE VOLUME, instantly

COLLAGEN FORMULA + MEGA BRUSH plumps lashes

Why You'll Love It

The most colossal lashes in just one coat.

• Lush collagen-enriched plumping formula and Mega Brush instantly build 9X volume, without clumps

• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested

• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula

For Best Results

Sweep brush from root to tip to plump lashes and achieve dramatic volume. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or Maybelline® New York Expert Eyes® 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.

Photos (299)
Colette s.
Colette s.
Brisbane , QLD

I have very straight, almost downward pointing lashes and must use a curler for any hope of pretty lashes. Generally speaking a waterproof will hold curl better than standard version but even so most mascara will leave my lashes droopy after a few hours. The first time that I curled and then applied this mascara I literally gasped "WOW" when I stepped back from the mirror to see the results. With the decent volume and unbelievable curl my lashes really did look like falsies!

I have been using a tube of Glam Black daily for the past 6 weeks and it is still very fresh and not yet dried out or clumpy. Naturally my lashes are light brown and for full makeup days Glam Black is gorgeous, but I plan on purchasing Glam Brown also for more natural days. This mascara draws so much attention to my eyes that I kid you not I can get away with less makeup. I have had trouble keeping mascara off of my eyelid lately (all brands) so I also purchased a mascara shield and am thrilled with the results. I can squish the brush right into the base of my lashes to get tons of mascara down at the roots and it's instant eyeliner, no joke, just amazing! It does take a little longer to dry and your lashes won't feel soft and fluttery, but I am just fine with those trade offs.

There has been minimal flaking and almost no smudging, the tiny smudges that do happen are under my lower lashes (though I do not use this on my lowers) and they wipe away easily with my finger or a tissue. It doesn't other me. Removal of any good waterproof can be a pain in the butt! You will NEED a good makeup remover, soap or cleanser is not going to cut it!
Érika M.
Érika M.

If I could give 10 stars to this mascara, I would for sure! It does what it claims: It gives VOLUME to your lashes, before the mascara you have like 15 lashes and after you get like 6847020 more lashes its like magic how this mascara delivers so much volume on your lashes, there are so many great mascaras but this one is one of the greatest, for volume I think its the best. For definition not that much, but you can define the lashes before with a special brush and its ok! LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT! 100!!!
Spanish: Si le pudiera dar 100 estrellas a esta mascara sin duda lo haría, ella cumple lo que promete: VOLUMEN, es como si antes de aplicarla tuvieras 15 pestañitas y despues de aplicarla luces como si tuvieras 28492 pestañas nuevas encima, el volumen que da es fabuloso, para mi es especial para eventos y salidas nocturnas ya que me hace lucir como si tuviera pestañas postizas aunque para definir las pestañas es mejor utilizar un cepillito especial para separarlas al finalizar y listo!!! amo este producto!!!
Emily A.
Emily A.
Mogadore, OH

I've always used and loved Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't a fan of this one in high school. However, fast forward five years, I recently complimented a coworker on her eyelashes and she swore by it so I picke
d it up. I never remembered it being this good! I've fallen in love with this little yellow tube of awesome. I've got the length naturally so I'm looking for definition and volume (I like it dramatic), and the Colossal delivers for sure. I can pile it on as thick as I want, the color is bold and black, and it puts my stubborn, all over the place lashes where they need to be. The brush is big but not obnoxious. In my experience it gives lots of volume and more length can be achieved by building at the tips. Best part is, it comes off and the end of the day without a fight. It does flake minimally throughout an 8+ hour day of wear, which granted my luck isn't a huge issue for me but could be for someone with oilier eyelids. Had to dock a star for that reason but would rate 4.5 if I could.
vonj c.
vonj c.
Elkton, MD

Ever since I started wearing makeup, mascara has been my go-to for a quick and easy look. Running out of mascara can be detrimental to my morning routine; considering what it brings to my look. I was having one of those "zombie" days, where you just roll out of bed and don't care to do much with your look. I then reached into my green makeup bag, where I grabbed my colossal volume express mascara, covered in eyeshadow dust, and went to apply it. As I took the long brush of mascara into my hands to brush my naked lashes, I realized, that the pump I was pumping, wasn't as pumpy as usual. I was devastated, and went to the Walgreens to buy some more. After my second purchase of this mascara, with several days of light usage, the mascara was ,yet again, dried out. This mascara is great for a light look, and to be left on the shelf for months. The formula however, is just as susceptible to drying out quickly , as a dollar store mascara . NEVER AGAIN
Liz H.
Liz H.

For the price, this is a pretty good choice if you like full volume lashes. Compared to other grocery/drugstore mascara products, this is one of my only two choices. These make my lashes look full and thick although I do apply 2 to 3 or more coats. I like my lashes looking like a doll's because it really makes my eyes pop. My sister mentioned several times how my lashes look thick (they actually aren't without this mascara) and that she wishes she had thick lashes too. I told her just to use more mascara. She said she doesn't like clumpy lashes. She didn't know not all mascara make your lashes clumpy and there are other mascara brands that prevent clumps. I don't have anything to complain about with this mascara. I don't think it has any smell. I don't have problems with clumps. I use mascara almost everyday and even on my extension lashes.
Laura M.
Laura M.
Middletown, PA

I'm going to write a review on the Colossal Cat Eyes mascara. To start off, WOW, this mascara is amazing!! To be honest, I usually seem to be attracted by products that advertise "cat eyes" or winged" or "butterfly effect" and this one wasn't an exception. The first time I tried it, I wasn't so sure of it, but I never like to waste a product so I continue to use it so it runs out. The next day when I applied it, I fell in love with it. My lashes looked AMAZING; completely elongated, full, and separated. It had been a long time since my eyelashes looked that good. Also, recently I started using a lash primer (I use the Dior Lash maximizer primer) and WOW OMG THESE ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST LASHES YOU'LL EVER SEE. this combo is perfect and I can't stop wearing it. Definitely worth a try, whether you try it alone or with a primer!
Hillary Z.
Hillary Z.
Vancouver, British Columbia

I have short stick straight asian lashes that are barely noticeable. I have used this particular one from the Volum' Express line alternating between another Maybelline mascara and that's only because I want to achieve a certain look with this one. I found this to be not too heavy or wet, which is a must for me as wet mascaras make my lashes stick straight right away and it keeps my lashes curled. I always purchase the waterproof version and find little to no flakes throughout the day. Where I live it rains quite often and sometimes I notice a little more darkness on my bottom lashline when my face gets more wet/oily. I only put on one or two coats of mascara and do not find it to clump on me. It's been a good consecutive 4 years with this and I will continue to repurchase!
CoalaBear X.
CoalaBear X.
Eau claire , Wi

I have tried many drug store mascaras and am very picky due to having short straight Asian lashes. My all time favorite mascara is the loreal telescope mascara, but I have to say this mascara is really one of my tops also. My friend kept recommenDing this mascara to me so I decided to give it a try. At first I was hesitant because the type of brush head it has was off putting. These type of mascara wands tend to be too big and thick for my lashes causing excess products to hit my lids. This mascara truly did lengthen and give volume to my lashes. I love the length! The only bad thing for me is that it really transfers mascara products onto my lids forcing me to have to do extra cleaning up.
Andrea A.
Andrea A.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

I recently bought this mascara and liked it. It did an amazing job to separate my lashes! It made my lashes even longer. Although, it didn't give me much volume. My lashes were separated but they were still a little thin. I got the waterproof version of this mascara and it really was waterproof. It was easy to remove with cleansing wipes as well. It is also a wet formula mascara. It managed to separate my lashes and not be clumpy after several coats. Overall, its a good mascara and I would recommend it. I don't use this alone though. I like to layer it on with the Lash Sensational by Maybelline. I just really like have thing lashes. I recommend this to girls who are just starting out with makeup.
Megan H.
Megan H.
Sidney, AR

This is the mascara I'm currently using. It's a good mascara, better than most, but not super fancy or anything! I like this mascara and have been using it for months! It works great for a mascara, but doesn't add a whole lot of volume to your lashes. Don't get me wrong, it does a good job and its a great product, but I'm just not getting "colossal" lashes from it! It's average. I'm okay with that and still like the product enough that I've repurchased several tubes! Some reviews say you need 2 or 3 coats to get noticeable results, I don't have time for that... maybe 2 coats, but more than that is pushing it! I was happy with it working like a regular mascara though anyways!

Join Now