Add a Photo

Photos (746)
Ada L.
Ada L.
Brooklyn, NY

I am absolutely in love with this product but I can also see how it could be problematic for some. I have oily but dehydrated sensitive skin. I was super skeptical of this product because the main ingredietn is a silicone and I am not a huge fan of those. However, some research into the topic has led me to the conclusion that not all silicones are the same and that even though they don't work for some, they work for others. So if you are generally anti-silicones you might like to skip this product. I just decided on a whim more or less to try this nevertheless. And I am so glad I did.

This make up is like a concentrated foundation that has a built-in primer. I know they marketed this stuff with a clear Smasbox like silicone primer but if you use this product, a primer is not necessary. Application is weird but not difficult. I need 10 single clicks to cover my whole face generously. I dab the applicator all over my face and then work the product into my skin in a swirling motion. The dabbing is vital. This is a foundation concentrate and you need only VERY little. If you use too many clicks and just start applying it on one area of your face, you will need more clicks and you will end up using too much product. It is essential to dab on the foundation first and THEN distribute it evenly. The sponge is very smooth and it feels nice applying this stuff under my eyes - no tugging or anything. Once I have done that, I work the rest in with my hands. At this point, your skin will look very oily and shiny. Don't be scared. It WILL sink in more and start plumping your skin. But that takes a couple of minutes
Aurora R.
Aurora R.
Highland, CA

I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc.

I say this in order to grab the attention of my fellow makeup snobs: If you would never even consider Maybelline, this review is for you.

Bloggers have raved about this product for a while, but I never bothered to check it out until a close friend and fellow product snob suggested it. Here are my findings:

1. It applies like the Armani Maestro Eraser liquid undereye concealer. This is very very essential, for those of us who hate the 5th hour cakiness of cream concealers but also hate the weak coverage and creasing of most liquid attempts. This eraser goes on with the Maestro's same thin liquid texture, without sinking into lines at all, and without losing opacity as you blend.

2. It is at least 50% more opaque than the Maestro. I was pretty stunned. Anything that can go on with that consistency but have noticeably better coverage is doubletake worthy imo.

3. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. I typically skip clumsy applicators like that, but with this, I do 80% of my application with that sponge tip, and then just finish with a good concealer brush to set it and blend out the edges.

4. It doubles as a highlighter.
Patrice M.
Patrice M.
Dallas, TX

I have used a number of concealers but this one by far is the best one I have came across . I tend to get very dark circles under my eyes, and was looking for something to cover up/brighten them. I got this in the shade "Brightener". My PROS for this product are as follows : 1.Has a beautiful texture/consistancy that does not crease very easily. It's not creamy but it's also not too watery2.Brightens my eye area VERY well 3.Covers my dark circles well4.Doubles as a highlight5.I did notice an improvement in my dark circles after using this product for several weeks 6.Lasts a very long time; I bought this product over 5 months ago and I still have about 1/5 of the product left7.Did not irritate my eye area at all My CONS for this product is as follows :1.A bit pricey for a drugstore concealer, but it's worth the price2.Comes with a sponge tip applicator, and I am not completely sure if this is sanitaryOVERALL:On days when I get very little sleep or have allergies, my under eye area is VERY dark, and this concealer is not enough. On those days I put a heavier or neutralizing concealer on first, and then the Maybelline concealer goes on top. This concealer is still fantastic on an every day basis, or for people who don't have freakishly dark circles like I do. Once I finish the product I will definitely buy
Megan B.
Megan B.
Foothill Rnch, CA

I really like this concealer. My 13 year old likes it too. This is the only concealer we agree on. That is the main reason why I recommend this one. If it can work for a teenage girl or a woman in her 30's that speaks volumes. First of all its not just for the under eyes we use it on pimples and veins of the face. Personally for me I think it does not cover my bags as well as I wish they would but I find when paired with another concealer or using before and after foundation it does give more coverage. I fell also as it takes longer for the color to start breaking down. Personally I don't think it does that much de-puffing as advertised. However, being this a a drugstore brand and it works as well as any concealer at Sephora it deserves an extra star. Hence 5 stars. If your looking to save money and do not wear makeup daily this is for you. Its a bargain. Fair warning if you use a lot of concealer and/or wear makeup daily you will go through this fast . My daughter used hers up fast. I still have a tube I opened this summer as I use this on my no make up make up days and to cover pimples or to touch up. For less than $10 just try it. Rite Aid lets you return makeup with a reciept if you try it and don't like it. Its a bargain and frankly I use it more than my Nars concealer.
Shelly W.
Shelly W.
Coweta, Ok

My new HOLY GRAIL concealer!!! I never thought I would stray from my Tarte shape tape but I LOVE this product it has quite possibly become my #1. I just recently found this gem and I'm so impressed! It's so easy to apply, and blot on. I was concerned at first because you have to twist it up quite a bit before it starts coming out from the applicator. I was also worried that the applicator would be wasting tons of product, but I don't think it really does. If I didn't have an applicator- I'd be using my own brushes and wasting the same or more of it than you do w the built in one here! But I love that I'm not wasting product with extra brushes, etc. I just dab it under the eyes, and at the corners of my nose. Then blend slightly with my ring finger for gentle blending. Nothing fancy needed. It's quick and easy, and makes your makeup really look flawless. It wears so light and it's got great coverage. It's also so convenient to be able to throw in a little makeup bag or purse if you're traveling and you don't have to pack a million products/brushes! I do set mine with a translucent powder and it seems to last all day when I wear it! I'm super impressed and I'll purchase again!
Lizzy H.
Lizzy H.
Pottsville, PA

PROS:
-Has a beautiful texture/consistancy that does not crease very easily. It's not creamy but it's also not too watery
-Brightens my eye area VERY well
-Covers my dark circles well
-Doubles as a highlight
-I did notice an improvement in my dark circles after using this product for several weeks
-Lasts a very long time; I bought this product over 5 months ago and I still have about 1/5 of the product left
-Did not irritate my eye area at all

CONS:
-A bit pricey for a drugstore concealer, but it's worth the price
-Comes with a sponge tip applicator, and I am not completely sure if this is sanitary

Mylei Z.
Mylei Z.
Aurora, CO

PROS:
-Brightens my eye area VERY well
-Covers my dark circles well
-Doubles as a highlight
-Did not irritate my eye area at all

CONS:
-A bit pricey for a drugstore concealer, but it's worth the price

OVERALL:
On days when I get very little sleep or have allergies, my under eye area is VERY dark, and this concealer is not enough. On those days I put a heavier or neutralizing concealer on first, and then the Maybelline concealer goes on top. This concealer is still fantastic on an every day basis, or for people who don't have freakishly dark circles like I do. Once I finish the product I will definitely buy another.
Kady H.
Kady H.
Aledo, IL

Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.

putting this out there first I don't like the sponge on it. I feel like its really unhygienic. The actual product its self is very nice. I have the brightening one and it does a great job ( I am very pale usually the lightest color in foundations, powders, and concealers. I don't really have dark circles so I can't attest to how it covers those. I do know I like how it covers my blemishes, but once again the sponge freaks me out, so i try to rub the concealer on the back of my hand first and then dab it onto my pimples. all in all its a good concealer the price is good, but if the sponge freaks you out it may not be for you.. when i finish the tube I am working on I am gonna rip the sponge off and see what it looks like/ if I can use it without the sponge next time I buy one.
Maham S.
Maham S.
Richmond, VA

I so wanted to like this product! I bought it from Walmart upon recommendation from a friend. I was in search of a good concealer that would cover up my under-eye circles, and my friend had nothing but good things to say about the Age Rewind Concealer.

So I bought it. It cost me around $8 - $9.
Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. To begin with, there are not enough shade choices, and the 'Medium' that I purchased looked gray and ashy on my skin tone. My friend let me try her shade - I believe it was called Honey - and it also did not match me. None of the other shades are close to my complexion, so that was disheartening.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of the sponge on top of the product. I prefer application with a beauty blender or makeup brush over the sponge on the product.

If you can find your proper shade, I say give the product a shot. The consistency is nice and coverage is good. Break off the sponge part if it doesn't suit you - it'll look weird, but the product will come out just fine.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA

Is this good for young people too?
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx

If you currently use this product...will you repurchase when the time comes?
Louisse T.
Louisse T.
Daly City, CA

Where else to find it other than walgreens?
Deidre C.
Deidre C.
Brampton, Ontario

Is this good for people with dry skin?
Annie S.
Annie S.
Hamilton

What's your favorite brand of concealer you like to use?