Add a Photo

Photos (645)
Aurora R.
Aurora R.
Highland, CA

I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc.

I say this in order to grab the attention of my fellow makeup snobs: If you would never even consider Maybelline, this review is for you.

Bloggers have raved about this product for a while, but I never bothered to check it out until a close friend and fellow product snob suggested it. Here are my findings:

1. It applies like the Armani Maestro Eraser liquid undereye concealer. This is very very essential, for those of us who hate the 5th hour cakiness of cream concealers but also hate the weak coverage and creasing of most liquid attempts. This eraser goes on with the Maestro's same thin liquid texture, without sinking into lines at all, and without losing opacity as you blend.

2. It is at least 50% more opaque than the Maestro. I was pretty stunned. Anything that can go on with that consistency but have noticeably better coverage is doubletake worthy imo.

3. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. I typically skip clumsy applicators like that, but with this, I do 80% of my application with that sponge tip, and then just finish with a good concealer brush to set it and blend out the edges.

4. It doubles as a highlighter.
Dalther R.
Dalther R.

Me encanta este corrector! Vi esto en la bolsa de maquillaje de un amigo y le pregunté qué pensaba de ella y ella utilizó todo el asunto y estaba acaparando la botella porque la amaba tanto; Decidí salir y comprarme uno ya que siempre batalla círculos oscuros bajo mis ojos y el de mis clientes, porque ambos lo usamos! Realmente amo su bajo precio y su calidad superior, nada envidiable al resto de las famosas marcas.. Me encanta este corrector!  La botella dice que es un borrador de rebobinado de edad instantánea de círculos oscuros Y tratamiento / corrector. Tantas afirmaciones de que estaba muy emocionado de probar!. A mi me funciona muy bien el aplicador, ya que es porosa y esponjoso que rápidamente, este corrector se deshace de los horribles círculos oscuros con sólo un poco de producto. La fórmula es suave y no se siente muy pesada, pero en realidad cubre lo que quiero sin que me haga sentir como si tuviera exceso de corrector. Su ingrediente haloxilo es que he descubierto que es un ingrediente que ayuda a reducir la aparición de capilares rotos y también puede ayudar a espesar la piel bajo el área de los ojos que a su vez produce menos círculos oscuros y deja una piel más hermosa. La baya del goji se supone para ayudar visiblemente a mejorar la condición de la piel y el resplandor así que yo asumiría que eso ayudaría a aclarar encima del área del ojo. Excelentes ingredientes!!!  Me encanta Maybelline productos y este es uno de los productos que más amo ¡Definitivamente es un santo grial para mí!
Megan B.
Megan B.
Foothill Rnch, CA

I really like this concealer. My 13 year old likes it too. This is the only concealer we agree on. That is the main reason why I recommend this one. If it can work for a teenage girl or a woman in her 30's that speaks volumes. First of all its not just for the under eyes we use it on pimples and veins of the face. Personally for me I think it does not cover my bags as well as I wish they would but I find when paired with another concealer or using before and after foundation it does give more coverage. I fell also as it takes longer for the color to start breaking down. Personally I don't think it does that much de-puffing as advertised. However, being this a a drugstore brand and it works as well as any concealer at Sephora it deserves an extra star. Hence 5 stars. If your looking to save money and do not wear makeup daily this is for you. Its a bargain. Fair warning if you use a lot of concealer and/or wear makeup daily you will go through this fast . My daughter used hers up fast. I still have a tube I opened this summer as I use this on my no make up make up days and to cover pimples or to touch up. For less than $10 just try it. Rite Aid lets you return makeup with a reciept if you try it and don't like it. Its a bargain and frankly I use it more than my Nars concealer.
Mylei Z.
Mylei Z.
Aurora, CO

I tend to get very dark circles under my eyes, and was looking for something to cover up/brighten them. I got this in the shade "Brightener".

PROS:
-Has a beautiful texture/consistancy that does not crease very easily. It's not creamy but it's also not too watery
-Brightens my eye area VERY well
-Covers my dark circles well
-Doubles as a highlight
-I did notice an improvement in my dark circles after using this product for several weeks
-Lasts a very long time; I bought this product over 5 months ago and I still have about 1/5 of the product left
-Did not irritate my eye area at all

CONS:
-A bit pricey for a drugstore concealer, but it's worth the price
-Comes with a sponge tip applicator, and I am not completely sure if this is sanitary

OVERALL:
On days when I get very little sleep or have allergies, my under eye area is VERY dark, and this concealer is not enough. On those days I put a heavier or neutralizing concealer on first, and then the Maybelline concealer goes on top. This concealer is still fantastic on an every day basis, or for people who don't have freakishly dark circles like I do. Once I finish the product I will definitely buy another.
Shayna G.
Shayna G.
Glenpool, OK

I tried this concealer because I had seen a lot of people using it and loving how it performed. I was excited to try it although I felt the price was a bit high for Maybelline. Getting the product to come out that first time was a pain. I had to click the top I swear like 100 times. Not exaggerating. It really probably was around 100. And even then the product doesn't actually come out- you run the applicator tip over the areas you want covered and the pressure pushed it out onto your skin. I did like the applicator tip- it was soft and kind of fun to use-although i would like it more if the tip was a fraction smaller to make it easier to get into the inner corner of the eye. I dislike the clicking method of distributing the product since I can't tell how much product is being released. I also didn't get the level of coverage that I want out of an under eye concealer. This is probably fine to use to cover small blemishes or i might use it if I run out of everything else, but overall i regret buying and would definitely not repurchase.
Andrea K.
Andrea K.
Lima

As I venture out and try new products, I always find myself coming back to this. This is the best drugstore concealer I have ever tried. It is by no means perfect, I really struggle because I think the staying power is a problem. I find that it does not last the entire workday. But it covers my acne hyperpigmentation, active blemishes, and dark circles without being obvious and without needed to apply ten layers. The consistency is perfect, it is not drying and it does not settle into fine lines in my experience. I'm just starting to deal with wrinkles at 27 ;(The price point is good, but the color range sucks. I'm an NC20 and the Light is too light but Sand runs too dark. It's annoying to have to blend two shades so I usually use it under my foundation or powder and that typically works, good coverage without the weird whitish/too light coloring. This is a solid drugstore pick. I haven't tried the powder or foundation so I can't comment on the product line as a whole, but definitely is my drugstore HD.
Maham S.
Maham S.
Richmond, VA

I so wanted to like this product! I bought it from Walmart upon recommendation from a friend. I was in search of a good concealer that would cover up my under-eye circles, and my friend had nothing but good things to say about the Age Rewind Concealer.

So I bought it. It cost me around $8 - $9.
Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. To begin with, there are not enough shade choices, and the 'Medium' that I purchased looked gray and ashy on my skin tone. My friend let me try her shade - I believe it was called Honey - and it also did not match me. None of the other shades are close to my complexion, so that was disheartening.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of the sponge on top of the product. I prefer application with a beauty blender or makeup brush over the sponge on the product.

If you can find your proper shade, I say give the product a shot. The consistency is nice and coverage is good. Break off the sponge part if it doesn't suit you - it'll look weird, but the product will come out just fine.
Brianne R.
Brianne R.

I was skeptical but tried this after seeing one of my favorite YouTubers, Rachhloves, use it in many of her tutorials. Her fair skin tone is similar to mine, and we have similar dark circles.

I was dubious of the thin consistency of this concealer, but I think its thinness is why it works. It allows for building light layers of just enough product. It's hard to overdo it, so it doesn't get cakey.

Per the YouTube tutorials, I purchased this in three shades: Neutralizer, my concealer shade (Fair), and Brightener. Applying the Neutralizer reduced my dark circles considerably, then I topped that with a tiny bit of Fair and blended. Adding a bit of Brightener in the inner corners and a touch on the brow bone made my whole eye area look more awake. Yes it's more steps, but my dark circles were completely gone, which almost never happens!

I love that these concealers contain skin nourishing ingredients so they're moisturizing, too. When set lightly with powder it lasted all day.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.

Guys... this stuff changed my life.

I am not even being slightly dramatic about it. It's no secret that I am almost constantly sporting some gnarly dark circles under my eyes. And to make matters worse, I am pale as can be and if not properly covered, these dark circles look downright terrifying.

As someone who has a difficult time sleeping and who's body is much more keen on drinking coffee for energy rather than, you know, resting, I am going to be upfront that dark circles are my most constant companion.

So far, in my 10+ years wearing makeup, I've had virtually no luck in keeping these from showing up as harshly as they do. Concealers are hit or miss for me. But Maybelline knocked it out of the park with their Age Rewind formula.

It applies perfectly and is sleek. It doesn't cake. It brightens my under eyes and blurs away the dark circles. Best of all it's cheap, long lasting and there are a ton of colours to choose from. Best drugstore concealer and my ride or die.
Dionne G.
Dionne G.
Rochester, MI

This is a staple in my makeup arsenal. I use the Brightener to hide dark circles and lighten the under eye area. It's important to properly prep before applying any concealer, so I use a quality moisturizer first and let my skin absorb it for 5-10 mins while I go about my morning routine. I then use the sponge applicator to lightly dab the concealer under the eye and on the bridge of my nose where I have a few small sun spots. IMPORTANT: I let that sit for 5 mins before doing any blending as this is a tried and true method of applying this concealer for maximum impact and to prevent settling into lines. When it's time to blend, I use my ring finger and lightly tap the concealer into the skin or I use my Sephora pro concealer brush. This product works very well for me (I am 43 with light to medium skin tone and have never used fillers of any type tho I am certainly not opposed to it) and I recommend giving it a go as for the price I find this to be a sincere bargain.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA

Is this good for young people too?
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx

If you currently use this product...will you repurchase when the time comes?
Louisse T.
Louisse T.
Daly City, CA

Where else to find it other than walgreens?
Deidre C.
Deidre C.
Brampton, Ontario

Is this good for people with dry skin?
Annie S.
Annie S.
Hamilton

What's your favorite brand of concealer you like to use?

Join Now