Add a Photo

By MAYBELLINE NEW YORK
#9 in Concealer

Instantly creates a radiant, refreshed looking eye area. Super concentrated formula with goji berry and haloxyl helps to erase the appearance of dark circles and fine lines, while visibly diminishing the appearance of puffiness around the eyes.

Photos (577)
Aurora R.
Aurora R.
Highland, CA

I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc.

I say this in order to grab the attention of my fellow makeup snobs: If you would never even consider Maybelline, this review is for you.

Bloggers have raved about this product for a while, but I never bothered to check it out until a close friend and fellow product snob suggested it. Here are my findings:

1. It applies like the Armani Maestro Eraser liquid undereye concealer. This is very very essential, for those of us who hate the 5th hour cakiness of cream concealers but also hate the weak coverage and creasing of most liquid attempts. This eraser goes on with the Maestro's same thin liquid texture, without sinking into lines at all, and without losing opacity as you blend.

2. It is at least 50% more opaque than the Maestro. I was pretty stunned. Anything that can go on with that consistency but have noticeably better coverage is doubletake worthy imo.

3. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. I typically skip clumsy applicators like that, but with this, I do 80% of my application with that sponge tip, and then just finish with a good concealer brush to set it and blend out the edges.

4. It doubles as a highlighter.
Sherry H.
Sherry H.
Brooklyn, NY

I'm fair skinned and have incredibly dark circles, no matter how much rest I seem to get. With all the great reviews, I really wanted to give this a try, and I was thoroughly disappointed.

First off, I thought the top would be more like a beautyblender sponge type applicator. It's more of a weird, prickly, not quite fuzzy and not quite spongy thing that gets weirdly damp. I haven't had any issues with it breaking yet like many people, but we'll see I guess (If I continue to use this.)

I fail to see the purpose of that applicator because I still need to use a blender of another sort to make it work, so it would actually make things easier if I could use a more precise concealer applicator and then blend it out.

The other issue I have, is that even with one layer of product, this creased all to heck, even when I tried setting it. And that leads to the next problem-- one layer is not nearly enough. It was incredibly sheer coverage. I tried layering it, and couldn't achieve any semblance of actually covering my dark circles.

Finally, the shade range is problematic for me. As stated before, I have fair skin. Which means that the brightening shade AND the fair shade are both about the same color as my skin tone, and would only serve to make my undereye circles less dark, not actually brighten anything.

I was really hoping for a great drugstore concealer, but it's back to NARS for my undereye.
Autumn B.
Autumn B.

This concealer performs way better than the price would indicate. I love the sponge applicator for ease in applying. I use it for under eye circles and as a general brightener and spot concealer. I love it and have placed it on auto delivery. Note that there are at least three products that look the same in the tube. One is a neutralizer-I apply it first, just a small amount in spots where "super concealer" might be wanted. For me it's in a shadow under my eyes. Next is the main concealer which I put over the neutralizer around my eyes and in any darker areas on my face that I wish to cover a little and brighten. Then is the little brightener, which is sort of pink and glowy. Just a dab on the tear duct area and a dab on the outside edge of eyes and pat it in. It's lovely. I've used many products for these areas, many of them high-dollar but I haven't found anything that I like as much as this. They also stay on all day! One thing that I find weird though is the labeling on the packages. They all read identically the same, as if they would be the same product. They aren't! You have to look for tiny writing on the end of tube to see which product is which. I used three different colors of paint and drew circles around my tubes to make it easier to find them when getting them out of the makeup drawer.
Megan B.
Megan B.
Foothill Rnch, CA

I really like this concealer. My 13 year old likes it too. This is the only concealer we agree on. That is the main reason why I recommend this one. If it can work for a teenage girl or a woman in her 30's that speaks volumes. First of all its not just for the under eyes we use it on pimples and veins of the face. Personally for me I think it does not cover my bags as well as I wish they would but I find when paired with another concealer or using before and after foundation it does give more coverage. I fell also as it takes longer for the color to start breaking down. Personally I don't think it does that much de-puffing as advertised. However, being this a a drugstore brand and it works as well as any concealer at Sephora it deserves an extra star. Hence 5 stars. If your looking to save money and do not wear makeup daily this is for you. Its a bargain. Fair warning if you use a lot of concealer and/or wear makeup daily you will go through this fast . My daughter used hers up fast. I still have a tube I opened this summer as I use this on my no make up make up days and to cover pimples or to touch up. For less than $10 just try it. Rite Aid lets you return makeup with a reciept if you try it and don't like it. Its a bargain and frankly I use it more than my Nars concealer.
Mylei Z.
Mylei Z.
Aurora, CO

I tend to get very dark circles under my eyes, and was looking for something to cover up/brighten them. I got this in the shade "Brightener".

PROS:
-Has a beautiful texture/consistancy that does not crease very easily. It's not creamy but it's also not too watery
-Brightens my eye area VERY well
-Covers my dark circles well
-Doubles as a highlight
-I did notice an improvement in my dark circles after using this product for several weeks
-Lasts a very long time; I bought this product over 5 months ago and I still have about 1/5 of the product left
-Did not irritate my eye area at all

CONS:
-A bit pricey for a drugstore concealer, but it's worth the price
-Comes with a sponge tip applicator, and I am not completely sure if this is sanitary

OVERALL:
On days when I get very little sleep or have allergies, my under eye area is VERY dark, and this concealer is not enough. On those days I put a heavier or neutralizing concealer on first, and then the Maybelline concealer goes on top. This concealer is still fantastic on an every day basis, or for people who don't have freakishly dark circles like I do. Once I finish the product I will definitely buy another.
sherri g.
sherri g.

I've watched many YouTube reviews about this product and how great it is. It's amazing. You don't need it for the Aging. I use it as concealer and to help lighten my BB cream. I love this product !!!!
I can't stop raving about this, and I've tried a lot till i got this one
I never have to get my hands dirty! This goes on all over or just on the spots that need it, and it looks flawless and invisible. you can touch up this foundation in seconds.
I never have to get my hands dirty! This goes on all over or just on the spots that need it, and it looks flawless and invisible. I can touch up this foundation in seconds in the rearview mirror. The eraser tip is soft, and it's the perfect size for "erasing" around the nose or eyes.
It works perfectly around the eyes. It goes on sheer, but covers the faint shadows near the bridge of my nose and brightens up the entire under eye area--and it gets the job done without settling into my fine lines or looking fake or cakey.
Shayna G.
Shayna G.
Glenpool, OK

I tried this concealer because I had seen a lot of people using it and loving how it performed. I was excited to try it although I felt the price was a bit high for Maybelline. Getting the product to come out that first time was a pain. I had to click the top I swear like 100 times. Not exaggerating. It really probably was around 100. And even then the product doesn't actually come out- you run the applicator tip over the areas you want covered and the pressure pushed it out onto your skin. I did like the applicator tip- it was soft and kind of fun to use-although i would like it more if the tip was a fraction smaller to make it easier to get into the inner corner of the eye. I dislike the clicking method of distributing the product since I can't tell how much product is being released. I also didn't get the level of coverage that I want out of an under eye concealer. This is probably fine to use to cover small blemishes or i might use it if I run out of everything else, but overall i regret buying and would definitely not repurchase.
Cindy B.
Cindy B.
Sun Valley , CA

This concealer has permanently changed my views/thoughts about both luxury high-end brands and not-so-high-end drugstore brands... After watching a YouTube video and seeing how this person was raving about it and being that I have really bad trouble areas that nothing (and I mean nothing) could help I figured why not give it a try.. what is there to lose??? I went out and purchased two different shades one is my correct appropriate color and the other I got a shade lighter and do not regret it one bit because the lighter one serves as a highlighter and it leaves a beautiful, clean and glowy highlight thats not too dramatic and the other shade i got is my perfect skin tone and it blends so easily and smoothly.. it's super light weight but the coverage far exceeded anything I was expecting.. I can confidently ssy that I swapped out my old luxury brand concealer that I can't believe I once thought ibcouldn't live without and replaced it with this concealer and don't plan on switching back.. it's the best makeup choice I have ever made..
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
Macomb, MI

This is a good concealer with medium coverage but good build-ability! I use this when I don't plan on doing anything outrageous with my make up and am striving for a more natural, almost a "I'm not wearing any makeup today" kind of look. It's also good for younger teens just starting out in makeup that are going to school and don't want to use a lot of makeup. My younger cousin asked me to teach her to do makeup without making it look like she was wearing any and this was the absolute first thing I grabbed for!

This concealer leaves a nice, soft, satin finish that can show a real fresh look. Even if I am doing something outrageous with my makeup, it makes a great highlighter and contrasts well with contouring.

If I was going to be photographed in a serious shoot, or one of my clients was going to be photographed for a serious shoot I would definitely use something with better coverage. But for just an everyday look that I wear going to class or hanging out with some friends, this is definitely a go to!
Maham S.
Maham S.
Richmond, VA

I so wanted to like this product! I bought it from Walmart upon recommendation from a friend. I was in search of a good concealer that would cover up my under-eye circles, and my friend had nothing but good things to say about the Age Rewind Concealer.

So I bought it. It cost me around $8 - $9.
Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. To begin with, there are not enough shade choices, and the 'Medium' that I purchased looked gray and ashy on my skin tone. My friend let me try her shade - I believe it was called Honey - and it also did not match me. None of the other shades are close to my complexion, so that was disheartening.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of the sponge on top of the product. I prefer application with a beauty blender or makeup brush over the sponge on the product.

If you can find your proper shade, I say give the product a shot. The consistency is nice and coverage is good. Break off the sponge part if it doesn't suit you - it'll look weird, but the product will come out just fine.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA

Is this good for young people too?
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx

If you currently use this product...will you repurchase when the time comes?
Louisse T.
Louisse T.
Daly City, CA

Where else to find it other than walgreens?
Deidre C.
Deidre C.
Brampton, Ontario

Is this good for people with dry skin?
Annie S.
Annie S.
Hamilton

What's your favorite brand of concealer you like to use?

Join Now