5 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #27 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

NEW Maybelline Brow Drama Shaping Chalk™ Powder

Maybelline's FIRST brow powder made easy! Loose powder formula smoothly & evenly fills in eyebrows while the soft touch applicator softly shapes eyebrows.

Step 1:

Starting at the brow anchor, gently sweep formula onto brows using the flat side of the soft-touch applicator.

Step 2:

At your eyebrow tail, twist the applicator to continue applying formula with the side of the soft-touch applicator.

Available in 5 shades.

Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Scottsdale, AZ
Review for: Soft Brown
First, I’d like to thank Influenster and Maybelline for giving me the chance to try this product complimentary in exchange for my honest opinion. That said - I promise you that this review is actually 100% honest. I rely heavily on reviews by others to make decisions on products myself so I never want to sway my review due to receiving a product. Okay, onto the review! I really like when I am sent brow products because that is a train I just really haven’t jumped on that much yet. I don’t go out and purchase brow products myself, so I love getting them in a Vox Box or a subscription box because I will actually try them out!

I like to keep my routine fairly simple, so brow products can’t add a ton of time or effort for me.I give major props to those who spend a lot of time on theirs, but I’m just too impatient! I was curious to try this product because I’ve never tried a powder like this. After opening the packaging, I noticed that I could hear a little bead inside if you move the bottle around. I definitely thought this was to break up powder clumps but later I noticed that the bead actually appears to be housed somewhere inside the brush portion so….I have no idea what that’s for. The applicator looks a little like a more flat lip gloss brush so I was honestly skeptical, but the nice thing is that you can use the flat, thicker side for wider application and the thinner side for a bit more precision. I generally use the thin side.

The first time I put this on, I used this in conjunction with the micro pencil overall, and I think the look was a little bold for my preferences on myself. The second time, I just did this, and then used the micro pencil to just get the tip of the arch and the end of the brow tail. That seemed to be a much better. I even tried just using this alone and just using the pencil alone and those techniques worked well too. You definitely want to be sure to sort of wipe of the excess before you apply, and although I didn’t notice much product fall, I probably wouldn’t apply this if I were wearing a white top just to be careful.

After application, I really felt as though this product stayed on REALLY well. As in - I showered and it didn’t come off! I don’t know if they normally stay on through a shower but mine did, however, came of easily with the use of makeup remover. All in all, I really am surprised with how much I like this product. It is very easy to apply, just a few swipes and you’re done. It gives a fuller look to brows with minimal effort - AKA my kind of product! I definitely recommend giving this a try!!
Gabriela A.
Gabriela A.
Review for: Blonde
Here is my review of my Maybelline Brow Drama, product I received completely free and for testing purposes by @influenster and @ maybelline!
The first thing I want to say is that I was extremely excited to try this product and I was pleased that together with the Shaping Chalk they sent the Micro Pencil, since I think it takes both of them to work the pigmentation of the eyebrows correctly. Now, in terms of pigmentation, this seemed extremely good, you do not need a lot of product to get the tone you want, the pigment is easily distributed and at the time of fading it leaves a natural finish on the eyebrows. As for the applicator despite my doubts I found it quite versatile, in the product photography seems rounded but in fact allows you to pigment in an easy and direct way, to me in particular it seemed very simple to pigment, especially when I had outlined the area With the Micro Pencil. Now, for girls who think they need a more delicate finish I recommend that they apply the pigment with a thin eyebrow brush, although this is a matter of taste since I did not think it necessary.
A tips that I want to leave to them is that they make up the eyebrows first and then pass with the face in general, since the product to be a pigment chalk type can spread around the eyes, to me in particular I do not bother because with a small blow The product surplus disappears. As for the presentation I found it pleasant and the earth tones of the packaging give a glamorous finish, I generally think that it is a great product, versatile enough to be used by someone with basic knowledge in makeup and from now on I assure you That I will not miss in my makeup kit, always attentive to your doubts, Gaby!
Mollee W.
Mollee W.
Review for: Soft Brown
This product is tight y'all. I ordered The medium brown. It's a hair too warm for my complexion but not so much that I won't use it.. I'd maybe see if they have a cooler brown next time. So it comes in a little tube, reminds me of a chapstick. When you shake the tube there's a little bead inside to keep the chalk from clumping I assume. You take the wand out and it looks similar to an eyeshadow applicator. There's a wide part for applying and a thinner portion for detailing. Being my first time using the product it was just a bit messy but no more so than your average eyeshadow. You might want to cover under your eyes while applying in order to avoid smudging after application. Anywho it applied smoothly and I ended up really liking the look. Keep in mind I'm a momma so I'd already showered for the evening and didn't want to apply my whole face to test this product. I will be using it on a full face tomorrow but for testing purposes all I've used tonight is this brow chalk, some concealer and some highlighter. I did notice if you mess up it does take a good rub to get the powder off your skin. That can also be an asset because it's tough wear. I thought it looked great and after applying I didn't end up feeling like it was too warm as I did at first. Super easy application. Easy to correct with my concealer. I think it complements my skin well. As far as wear goes: I smudged it around with the palm of my hand (to test its durability for the million times a day I am gobsmacked by my children and smack my forehead in defeat) and it held up decently. It looks like it smeared on my hand a lot but when I looked at my brow after my smudging test they still looked pretty on point. I'd say it's as high wear if not more so than other brow products on the market.. I also tried the smudge test after applying a setting spray on my other brow and didn't notice much a difference between the two. I'm super stoked about this product. Love simple and easy and this is both all while giving sexy results.
Vicky Z.
Vicky Z.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Deep Brown
Thank you Influenster for sending this product for free to review. I was hoping this product was going to be great because I've been really into the more fuller brow look. On a normal day, I just use a dark taupe eyeshadow to fill in and define the brow with an angled brush. I've already been on the market to explore drugstore brow products so this came at a great time. I was intrigued by the "shaping chalk" name and knew that it was going to be bold. However, it was much more bold than I will never need. The container for this product is definitely interesting. I first picked it up and assumed it needed shaking. (Sounded like one of those aerosol cans with beads inside.) Luckily, the first morning I decided to use this product, I was in the bathroom. Let me warn you, THIS GETS MESSY. Once I opened up the applicator, I didn't notice tons of powder dropped all over the sink and my hands. The doe foot applicator went straight to my eyebrow and can you already guess what happened? yes. All over my face. I went into almost panic mode because water and toilet paper would just smear the pigment all over my eyelid.

I was on a mission to try to make it work since I already started. What started off as something simple and natural for an outing at the waterpark became thick, bold and bushy...So fast forward half a day at the waterpark, I asked my boyfriend how my brows were holding up. They weren't even there anymore. I only went on the lazy river and the wave pool. I couldn't believe it.

Still, I tried this product again. Now that I knew what to expect and potentially how to handle it. Second time around, I didn't shake the container and I didn't take the applicator to my brow. Instead, I took an angled brush to grab little pigment and filled in areas that I needed it the most. It didn't look too bad after using the Brow Precise Micro Pencil to line and shape.

Honestly, this product would do better in a pressed pigment, in a pan or something solid.
Renee G.
Renee G.
Review for: Medium Brown
I actually really enjoy this product, though it needs a few packaging tweaks. This is a loose powder in a container with a big doe-foot applicator, which is an interesting idea. However, the applicator is quite large. They say you can use the flat side for thicker parts of your brows and the edge for creating sharper lines, but I always used the edge, and even that was a bit hard to control at points. Also, you will always sprinkle a bit of the brow powder on your vanity or sink, no matter how carefully you wipe off the applicator.

And I do recommend wiping off the excess--this stuff is way more pigmented than you might expect. After I faff around with the packaging, I can get full-on, totally-colored-in brows in 30 seconds. When they say this gives you a "softer" look, they mean it doesn't give you any harsh edges, not that it's sheer or natural-looking.

Once it's on, the Maybelline Brow Drama Shaping Chalk is relatively budge-proof for everyday wear. I wore it on a trip to the store, for a short walk, and around the house, and it stayed on for a good 8 hours with no major fading or flaking. It even help up to my one-year-old niece rubbing her hands on my face a bit! However, this is not meant to be a super-long-wear product; it can smear if you are sweating a lot or running around in the rain. It's easily removed with a Makeup Eraser and water or your regular makeup remover.

While I really like the formula of this product, I was sent the completely wrong shade: Influenster sent me 120 Medium Brown, which is too dark and very warm. I may have been better off with 110 Soft Brown, which looks lighter and a little cooler. My experience with Maybelline, though, is that their brow products tend to run warm, and they only have 5 shades in this range. A shade expansion would be great!

NOTE: Influenster sent me this product in exchange for an honest review.
Bailey M.
Bailey M.
Review for: Deep Brown
I did receive this in a Voxbox for free from Influenster to test out, but that does not impact my review!

First I want to say that this is a product for the bushy brow girls.  Or someone who wants a messier brow.  This will not give you Instagram brows! Now I am a bushy, messy brow girl.  I typically use a gel to keep my brows in place and sometimes use a little bit of eyeshadow to fill in.  So I feel as if my review is going to be very different then someone with light or sparse brows.  That being said this product definitely still had some good and bad things.

I would say the worst thing about this product is that it can get kinda messy, especially with the first use.  The paddle is very thick so unless you have bushy brows you will have to use the sides.  I also did get a lot of fallout the first couple of uses.  I have noticed that there isn't any fallout after about the first week of using it or so.  The other drawback is that you aren't getting precise brows.  Now I have tried using a brow brush and dipping it onto the paddle then working it through my brows, and that did allow me much more precision but then it defeats the purpose of the product.

The thing I like the most about it is the pigment.  It's very pigmented and cooled toned, which is what I want in a brow product.  It also has great staying power.  When I use it everyday I notice my brows still look very nice at the end of the day.  Personally I tend to only fill in the tip of my brow because the really the only sparse area.  So I have been putting this on the tip of my brow and working it in with a spoolie.  I have also mixed it with my brow gel a few times to give me a colored brow gel and I really liked that.

Now this does cost about $10 and that seems to be Maybelline's price now.  I think it might be a little much, but I will be repurchasing this when I run out and Maybelline is on sale.

Overall, I think this is a good product if you want pigment but don't really need precision.  I think this is a product for the dark browed and bushy browed girls of the world.

Mariah O.
Mariah O.
Bremerton, WA
Review for: Deep Brown
@influenster sent me these free/complimentary goodies in exchange for my 100% honest review/opinion. I got 2 brow products from @maybelline , the first item is the "brow drama shaping chalk powder" in the shade 130 "deep brown" . And the other item I got sent was also @maybelline "brow precise micro crayon" in the shade 260 "deep brown" . I have to admit I was super skeptical about the brow shaping chalk, the moment I saw it I was thinking oh god I'm going to have some crazy thick uneven brows but I was completely wrong. I honestly love the look it gave me when I filled my brows in with this product, one tip is you definitely have to be careful with how you apply this product because there is a little fall out. And another con is how large the applicator is especially with my super thin/ sparse browsing want to make sure you are angling it properly so you don't turn out with a super harsh brow. And for the "Brow precise crayon" OMG, I think this is my new favorite brow product, it's very similar to the Anastasia "Brow Wiz" Pencil but just not as waxy feeling if that makes sense. It glided on very easy and is super pigmented which is a big plus in my book 👏🏽👌🏽👍🏽 and with these 2 products combined together , Brow magic happened ✨✨ i first outlined my brows with the brow crayon and filled in some sparse areas with it, then I went in with the brow chalked and filled in everything else, I do have to say the chalk is a little lighter in color so I did have to go back in with the brow crayon and darker it up again but that chalk made my brows look so full with such little effort 👌🏽👏🏽 and then I of course just took my concealer and cleaned up the brows a little bit and VOILA!!! You officially have "instagram baddie" brows 😂😂🔥🔥 so I would definitely give these 2 brows products a huge 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽 ! Awesome work @maybelline and thank you for "slaying
Jillian M.
Jillian M.
Nashua, NH
Review for: Blonde
When I first heard of this product by Maybelline I was very excited at the thought of an easy to use brow product. I am constantly on the go and need beauty products I can rely on for my time-savvy morning routine before the daily hustle and bustle. Unfortunately, this is not that product. I will say I do love other brow products by this brand, but this one was a dud in my book. The first thing I noticed was the packaging. This type of product packaging requires you to lift out the sponge applicator, with product in order to apply. Once you do so there is immediately a burst of colored product that flies out everywhere, and did stain my clothing. The next thing I noticed, is that even if you tap off as much excess product as you can off of the covered brow wand, you will still have WAY too much product to use directly on your face. I gave the applicator sponge a go however, and and found that there was virtually no control with such an applicator as this, and left my brows almost cartoon-like and colored on. So why the 2 stars? Well, after filling in one eyebrow, and looking like a graphic novel character I did notice that the color was at least a very good match for my hair color. I also did like how soft and finely milled the product was. Really the issue with this product is the packaging and brow wand. I found this out by taking some of the loose product and spilling some out into a compact, then going in with one of my brow tapers long brushes I filled each brow in how I prefer to. This was much for successful and I felt that I actually enjoyed the formula of the product itself. Perhaps this would be a more successful product in my book if they simply sold it in a vile as loose brow powder.
Liz S.
Liz S.
Review for: Soft Brown, Other
I was excited to try this product out complementary through Influenster, but unfortunately I did not love it. I took the wand out of the bottle and the little powder got everywhere. There's definitely a lot of fallout. The product goes on easily and there's a lot of coverage, but I felt like a clown. My brows are a little wiley and this was a tough product for me to use without it looking a bit silly. Also the color may have been a bit too dark for me. It came off easy enough when I decided I didn't like it. It's worth trying though if dramatic brows are your thing!

UPDATE A FEW DAYS LATER: So I was determined to really try this guy out without getting frustrated. Wish some lighter pressure and the buffing end of my existing brow pencil I was able to get a look that wasn't so drastic. If you can find the right color and don't push down so hard, with a few tools, you can achieve a better look then the clown-face I originally got.
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Review for: Medium Brown
*I received this product free from Influenster*

I'm so indifferent about this product. It's super pigmented and goes on beautifully. (With a different brush) The color is not to warm tone and perfect for brows. You also get a lot of product because a little goes such a long way.

That being said..
The applicator is absolutely awful. If you have thin eyebrows you will not be able to use this. I have very thick eyebrows and it's even hard for me to get an acceptable brow even for a natural look. That being said, this is not supposed to and it never claims to give you a defined brow. It says that it will give you a soft edge brow but it just looks messy. It is also incredibly easy to smudge. It's very powdery and the slightest touch will smudge it. You can lock it in with a gel and it will not budge but I feel like a product like this is geared towards people who want a one and done application in my opinion. I'm not sure if I got the wrong color or it's just how the product is but when I use the applicator given I have very boxy cartoon brows.

If you are looking for a very pigmented brow powder and don't mind doing a few extra steps then this will be for you. If you are someone with thin brows, likes a subtle brow, or a defined brow I would say skip out on this product!

Personally I do not think I will ever repurchase this. I think there are better product out there and I would prefer an angled brush and pressed powder or just a gel on my "natural" days. Unfortunately I would be lying if I said that I liked this product. Just an honest review from me. Remember, all products work differently for different people and this could 100% work for someone else.. it's all about preference!
Isabel R.
Isabel R.
St Petersburg, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does the applicator work well???
Jenny R.
Jenny R.
Pharr, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it water proof? & does it give out a natural look?
Oyuky R.
Oyuky R.
Albuquerque , NM
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it last all day or do I have to touch up?
Zoe G.
Zoe G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does the brow chalk make your eyebrows look chalky? Or does it go on as a smooth consistency?
Silvia M.
Silvia M.
Naples, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I was chosen for the Maybelline Brow box and when I tracked it, it shows as delivered, but I never received the item so I can't review it. Help?! Maybelline New York Brow Drama® Shaping Chalk™ Powder