BY MAYBELLINE #88 in Eyeshadow

Prep for gorgeous makeup with this long-lasting eye shadow base.

• Isododecane

• Never been one to use an eye primer but as I have oily skin I am ...1 Answers
  • I have been on the fence about purchasing this primer. I saw ther...3 Answers
Samaria F.
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
O found this at Target on clearance for $3.48 last week, so I decided to give it a try because I had just purchased an eyeshadow palette and don't want to spend a lot on another brand. For my first primer, I'd say that this does an ok job. The eyeshadow I used on top of it ended up staying on for well over 24 hours. I noticed hat this came in a matte looking formula and one that had some sparkles in it. For the price I paid, I like it! I would consider purchasing this again, only if I could get it on sale.
Vilma V.
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
Although it is an effective primer, my fibromyalgia sensitive skin had an allergic reaction to it. This primer comes neatly packaged in a container that is portable. The doe foot applicator makes application easy. It states that it is a matte primer, but it actually does have some subtle shimmer to it, which is what I believe caused the allergic reaction. Shimmery eye makeup very rarely causes reactions. Just my friendly opinion.
Jadon P.
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
This product works amazing to keep my eyeshadow on all day. It's easy to apply and doesn't make any mess. I use this everyday when I apply my makeup. I haven't gotten any high end makeup because I can't bring myself to pay $20+ for an eyeshadow primer but this is amazing. Only thing I don't like is that it has a lot a shimmer in it. Wish they took it out, but still a great product!
Inez J.
Review for: Prime + Smooth
This new master primer by Maybelline is awesome it's going to be really good to use this summer on hot days so your eyeshadow looks excellent all day long. there's four different varieties of Base color this one I actually got to try is 410 they have darker ones but it doesn't go by light, medium or dark it's kind of weird. it also has like a little bit of a shimmer to it too
Valerie W.
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
This primer adds just enough color to my lid to cover any discoloration and crate a smooth base. This primer makes my eye makeup stay in place even when it's over 90 degrees and I am wearing cheap eyeshadow. I picked this up on a whim, but I will be repurchasing again! I recommend trying it, especially since it is a drugstore brand.
Morgan G.
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
This is the only drugstore eyeshadow primer I've used that makes my shadows more pigmented and prevents them from creasing! For the price point, I think it is an excellent buy and worth a try. The only set back would be that those with dark or very fair skin might not be able to wear it since it is fairly pigmented.
Abby B.
Hamilton, OH
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
This primer does nothing for me. Creasing in just a few hours. I even tried this on top of another primer and it still creased. The color was pretty but didn't hold up at all. I was dissapoint ex cause Maybellines products have been so good lately but this one didn't do the trick.
Florie W.
Kenmore, NY
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
If I could give this a 2 1/2, I would. I was very underwhelmed with this product. Not only did it not spread well, but it dried with a sort of crust, which does happen with some shadow primers, but which I HATE
Not something I would ever buy again
Alexis V.
Hayward, CA
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
Makes eyeshadows have a better pigmentation and allows for the shadows to stay on for long good for shimmery eyeshadows I apply with the applicator it comes with but If you want a more precise applications would use a flat brush
Veronika E.
Cincinnati, OH
Review for: Prime Plus Matte
This is a great little primer. I'm wearing purple and brown shadows today and no creasing or color fade at all. I'm really happy with it. It works as well as my Lorac primer and is a third of the cost. I'll be purchasing again.
Stevie M.
Johnstown, PA
I have been on the fence about purchasing this primer. I saw there are a few types of primers but my main thought is, Are these primers any good ?
Wilma G.
Rancho Viejo, TX
I was just wondering is the illuminate similar to urban decay's sin?
Caitlin K.
Cumnock, East Ayrshire
Never been one to use an eye primer but as I have oily skin I am looking for a high quality one. Would anyone recommend this one or a better one one for someone with oily skin?
ashlee w.