3 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #22 in Eyeliner

Sleek, defined, and on point. Master the most precise eye looks with our always-sharp gel liner.

• Dimethicone
  • Tocopherol

May Contain:

• CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides
  • Mica

• I've been looking for a thinner liner that is easy to apply for som...1 Answers
  • Is this a good everyday eyeliner? Bought this hoping it would a hit!?1 Answers
  • I have been looking for eyebrow products that do not come off easil...1 Answers
Monique C.
Monique C.
Review for: Defining Black
I bought this product at my local Walgreens after seeing it on YouTube. I bought it specifically for tight lining my upper lid but it also works great on the waterline and on the eyelid. The formula is smooth and it is a very black color. It applies evenly with no patchiness or crumbling. It is not a dry formula and doesn't pull at my eyelid or waterline.

Only downside in my opinion is that it only has 0.0035oz of product whereas a normal eyeliner pencil has about 0.04oz. They haven't made the pencil longer to add extra product and each time you use it you use a lot of the product because it is so thin. I'm going through it fast and I've had it for about 2 weeks.

The packaging is cute. It's bright pink with black writing on it. Makes it super easy to find in my cup of eyeliner pencils. When you remove the cap you twist the pencil and it clicks and product will come up. Don't twist too far though because the product will not twist back down.
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
Review for: Sharp Brown
Finding a good brown waterproof eyeliner that is very pigmented and stays on the whole day has been challenging for me. My search has ended after trying this product. I got the idea to try this when I saw a beauty vlogger use this in black and I loved the look she achieved with it. I picked this up in brown at Ulta and I love it. It's pigmented, lasts a long time, and I can get a thin line with this. Only thing because it's so skinny, it can break off when you put too much pressure on it but it hasn't happened that often so it's not a total deal-breaker for me. I'm gonna keep it though because it does what I need it to do.
Kristy I.
Kristy I.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Defining Black
I always use a black eye pencil to line under my waterline. This is the best drugstore automatic twist-up pencil liner for that purpose. It stays put throughout the day and doesn't smudge. One thing I noticed is that it flakes a little bit and you can see little specks falling right below your eyes from time to time. But you can just easily brush it off without it smudging on your face. Not that big of a deal for me. My favorite high-end automatic pencil eyeliners are from Nars and Marc Jacobs and this is an affordable drugstore alternative. I will always have this in my makeup bag!
Jordan S.
Jordan S.
Review for: Sharp Brown
I don't hate this liner but I don't love it either. My opinion on it is very mixed. It's a great concept, gel liner in a twist up pencil. Awesome, great, less mess for me. The packaging is cute too. Hot pink and black, so innovative! Sarcasm aside, this is a mediocre liner. I like that someone finally put a tight liner in a drugstore market. However, it transfers so easily! And it moves no matter how you set it. I love how opaque the black is. I love a rich, deep black liner. But this is just crap. Good for other ladies for making it work, but I just couldn't.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Tullahoma, TN
Review for: Defining Black
This is the only eyeliner I am using right now. I am NOT good at applying liner. It never turns out right. This pencil though is great for me because it's super skinny. It looks natural yet still gives me the defined look I want. It's also great for the waterline. I also like that it's mechanical. I hate sharpening pencils. The only downside is that being so skinny if you twist up too much product it can break easily.
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
Ceres, CA
Review for: Defining Black
So I had been wanting this eyeliner since I first saw it. I wear eyeliner everyday and I really thin eyeliners so I finally picked it up. I have been wearing it and started noticing black dots all over my face after a couple of hours. At first I thought it was my mascara so I tried different ones and it kept happening so I tried it just by itself without mascara and it still happened. Horrible product.
Katherine T.
Katherine T.
Shelby, NC
Review for: Sharp Brown
I just bough this eyeliner at Walmart last weekend but I already have thrown out all of my old eye liners. This stuff is amazing. It's easy to use and the thin tip makes creating straight lines a breeze! And it stays on allllll day!! I don't have raccoon eyes ever. I have even slept in it and woke up the next day with perfect lined eyes. It's incredible. 1000000% recommend.
Allyson L.
Allyson L.
Review for: Sharp Brown
If you have bumpy eyelids, a shaky hand, or non-delicate application hands you are going to HATE this product. It seems like a good idea, but because of the way the pencil is shaped it causes you to break off the liner very easily. I used this on my best friend to do her wedding makeup and there was eyeliner EVERYWHERE. This needs a creamier formula or a different tip.
Chantel P.
Chantel P.
Uppr Marlboro, MD
Review for: Defining Black
Precise. The tip is very accurate. It makes beautiful lines and smudges easily to create the smoky eye effect. It is waterproof, so no need to worry about running if your eyes water. Great for a contact lens wearer, as i had no irritation issues from wearing this eyeliner. This was a great price and the mechanical pencil itsef is the perfwct size ro work with.
Carla V.
Carla V.
Delano, CA
Review for: Sharp Brown
I love this liner since I was never really able to "tight line" my eye! Wow what a difference this makes using this alone to with no winged liner. I found it to work better to "tight line" I wouldn't use in the waterline area since it is so creamy it does smudge. It's cool little liner I like its it's useful. (Not because I'm an eyeliner hoarder) 😂
Maham N.
Maham N.
Does this ever smudge? Would you recommend it for the waterline?
Amela A.
Amela A.
Fairview park , OH
Can someone answer me does this last long and does it dry up fast ?
Nikki I.
Nikki I.
Does this go on smoothly? I've had other eyeliners that feel like I'm drawing with chalk on my eyelids. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
West Hartford, CT
Is this too skinny that it needs to be smudged out or layered on?
Reagan C.
Reagan C.
Does this eyeliner stay in the waterline? Does it smudge? Does the skinny make it break?