2 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #3 in Color Correcting

Correct to perfect with a twist and swipe! Go for a flawless face with Maybelline’s powerful, pure-pigment color-correcting pens.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens
  • CI 77007 / Ultramarines

Rochester Hls, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received two of these new Maybelline Master Camo Color Correcting Pens (Green and Apricot) in a VoxBox and had the opportunity to try them out and review them. Even though the product was complimentary, my opinions on the product are honest.

These Camo Color Pens come in green, apricot, blue, pink, yellow, and red. The blue is supposed to correct shallowness on lighter skin tones, the pink is supposed to fight dullness on lighter skin tones, the yellow is supposed to fight dullness on light to medium skin tones, and the red is supposed to counteract darkness on darker skin tones. I received the apricot and green that are supposed to counteract dark circles and redness in lighter skin tones. Color correctors are used under your foundation/concealer by applying the opposite colors on the color wheel to counteract your problem areas.

The product is .05 FL oz or 1.5 ml. This might at first, seem small, but since it's used sparingly just to counteract discoloration in particular spots it has the potential to last a long time. From what I can tell, it does not have a smell. The product comes in a pen-like skinny and tall tube with a curved doe foot-esc applicator. This is the most unique applicator I have ever seen. It is extremely soft and gentle, so it is not rough on the skin. I feel this is really great since skin around acne or under your eyes can be really delicate or irritated so a gentle applicator is amazing. The tip is similar to that of Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer, which has a cult following.

Lastly, for the most important part, the pigmentation. This is one of the most pigmented color correctors I have used, which means they do a great job of covering under eye darkness and redness from acne. Just dab a little bit on the problem areas after primer (wait for it to dry) and then apply foundation over it and the discoloration is gone.

All in all, I love this color corrector and I will for sure be repurchasing.
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
These Master Camo Color Correcting Pens from Maybelline are absolutely amazing! I received both the green and salmon colored correcting pens complimentary for reviewing and testing purposes. They are both extremely creamy and pigmented with their formula. At first I expected these to be light in pigmentation but oh was I wrong. They are very opaque in coverage even when blended out with a dampened beauty sponge or a brush. You need very little product with these, and less is definitely more. When applying these I prefer to apply them with a brush instead of the applicator due to sanitary reasons. The way I use these is I apply my face primer to my face, wait til that settles in my skin and then I color correct. I like the salmon color under my eyes, and I use the green color corrector on the redness that I have on my cheeks and around my nose. I blend that out with a dampened beauty sponge and wait til it sets. After a few moments I than go in with my foundation and my regular concealer. With these you will want to use them before using a skin-toned cream product since they are meant to neutralize your skin tone so no discoloration peaks through. My mother had a falling accident last year and it left her face having dark blue discoloration inside of her scars. Even with a very full coverage foundation you can see the discoloration peak through. I applied the salmon color to her scars and blended it out and it got rid of the blue-tone that peaks through. These are really an amazing product, and I cannot recommend them enough. They are by far my favorite color correcting formula that I have tried both high end and drugstore. Definitely worth picking up!
Lauren R.
Lauren R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Just received this product (Maybelline MasterCamo Color Corrector - green and an orangey/peach) in my VoxBox and I can say... I'm SURPRISED! I have acne prone skin and red spots. The green in this color corrector is able to cover them and blend well with my primer and foundation / bb cream! I was skeptical at first, but after wearing it for two events (both high activity) they stayed and didn't peek through. It covered my redness for the entirety of the event and even when I got home (16 hours).
It is a little difficult to get the product out at first through twisting the bottom. The applicator brush thing where the product is dispersed is SO SOFT and glides across the skin. Pro tip: clean it off after each use or you get little crusted pieces on there. Goes on nice, but the packaging could be less twist and more tube like. Been using it since I got it earlier this week, daily! Love it so far and will repurchase!

For the orange/peach color- it was able to cover my dark spots and discoloration under my eyes. Does go on VERY bright (I have fair skin). Does take a bit to blend in... a little product does a LOT!
It DOES work well when I PRIME!!

I received this product complimentary in exchange for an honest review.
Mary L.
Mary L.
Centreville, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I frequently use color correcting creams in my beauty routine so I was very excited to try out the camo pens. Overall I was pleasantly surprised!

First I tried the green pen. It took about 30 turns of the base to finally get out the correcting make up which was somewhat annoying but well worth the wait. I really appreciated that the cream was thick and not watery! When I applied it to my skin I was happy with the coverage of the correction, especially on my blemishes, but after a few minutes it looked a little chalky.

After the green I tried the apricot camo pen. To be honest I have never used an orange-ish color corrector ever, usually I just conceal the heck out of my dark spots. Again it took like 30 twists to get the cream out of the pen and when it came out the color looked more burnt sienna - so I was really worried because I have rather light skin! I dotted it around my eyes and blended with a soft sponge then applied foundation and WOW my dark bags under my eyes disappeared! I LOVE the apricot master camo pen.

Over all I would certainly recommend this product, but the chalky-mess of the green almost made my blemishes look even more noticeable.
Anais V.
Anais V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
They are great!! The presentation is very nice, it brings 1.5 ml, the applicator is super smooth, fluffy, it is perfect, it allows to apply very well the concealer, when using it the first time I had to turn it several times hahaha. I tried two colors: the number 50 apricot for dark circles and the truth if I feel that I covered enough, when applied in inverted triangle corrects very well dark circles (I have a lot), the tone 10 vert pour rougeurs is very good, if it covers The red areas, although I leave them a little white, but using foundation and powders then it is very well. The product in general does not require that it apply so much, covers quite and very well, is in love. Definitely Maybelline is my favorite brand. I received these products completely free thanks to Influenster
Victoria M.
Victoria M.
I loved the peach one for my dark circles, it really helped mask my undereye area + was easy to blend under my concealer. However, today I had an inflamed pimple and decided to try the green. While application was smooth and it covered any redness, the green turned out to have wiped off during my 5 min walk back to my office on lunch break! I was so disappointed that my pimple was as red as ever :'(. My suggestion would be to add something to make the green more durable to unforseen smudging, like not necessarily waterproof but good enough that it's still around after like 30 min. So yea, one star off for that but otherwise I love them both! It might also be that the pimple is a raised surface which is hard to cover anyway compared to just general skin tone/redness. Thanks maybelline + influenster for sending me these complimentary products to try. All of my opinions are my own! Will def be using these until they're gone, and will still repurchase the peach for sure.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Farmingtn Hls, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received two of the new Maybelline Master Camo Color Correcting Pens, in green and apricot, complimentary from Influenster for reviewing purposes. However, all opinions are of my own and are honest. Each product is .05 FL oz, which is a decent amount since not much is needed. The green and apricot pens are meant to fight dark circles and redness. Let me just say, the pigmentation is amazing! I was shocked at how much coverage it had. I'm a mom and I get a lot of dark circles and it impressively did the job when many drugstore color correctors I've tried in the past have not. Also, the tip makes it very easy to use. Overall, I loved both of the color corrector pens, and I will definitely be repurchasing them in the future.
Brooke V.
Brooke V.
Presque Isle , ME
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay so first I would like to mention that the product itself deserves 5 stars! I have this four stars because I think a brush tip may be better than the spongey tip these pens have now. If you don't wipe of the excess after each use they get a bit crusty and I feel that a lot of product is wasted.

Other than that little issue I loved these pens! I mostly used the apricot one because I have extremely dark under eye circles. This completely covered my circles and lasted through sweat and long shifts at work. A little product goes a long way. I should also mention that I have very dry skin and these pens did not irritate at all. Easy to apply, long lasting, and they get the job done. I highly recommend.
Alina E.
Alina E.
Defiance, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got the camo pens in a recent voxbox from influenster for free, and I'm going to be honest, I didn't care for them. I got the shades apricot for dark circles and green for redness. The green one wasn't as bad--it covered my redness and was easy to blend, but the apricot one took multiple layers (one layer of foundation and one of concealer) to cover up the red and my dark circles still werent covered up. Usually I depending on the coverage of my foundation and my concealer I can cover my dark circles up fairly well, so this product just added an extra step that was more trouble than it was worth. I would definitely pass and look into other brands. (applicator is click sponge, not a fan since product keeps coming out even after youve clicked and applied)
Rachel K.
Rachel K.
Fairfax, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Got this in a June voxbox for free. Was SHOCKED by how well pigmented these pens are!! Great amount of color and coverage, especially for such a great cost. I found the product to be very easy apply! Perfect for disguising any redness thanks to the color correcting powers of the green pigment in this. Easy to blend with fingers or the soft tip of the applicator. I preferred to dot the product on and then blend using a beauty blender.Absolutely will purchase these in the future! Attached is a photo of before and after using this to color correct redness and a bad blemish (note: I did top this with a light tinted moisturizer to complete the look).
Question deleted.
Alisha P.
Alisha P.
Mumbai
Beauty Junkie Expert
Will it work with my skin tone?
nayeli c.
nayeli c.
Anaheim
Does it actually work?
kimberly s.
kimberly s.
Irvine, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Isn't this harder to blend in coming from a pen?
Darlene Z.
Darlene Z.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this work the same or similar to other correctors?