8 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #83 in Lip Gloss

Go beyond gloss with a jolt of intense color. Maybelline’s vibrant lip paint delivers 8x more pigment in every drop.

• How long do these wear for?2 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or matte...2 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? 1 Answers
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Chapel Hill, NC
Review for: Never Bare
I was excited to see this new lip product from Maybelline and picked up this color as well as the nude brown one. Both colors are gorgeous and sit comfortably on the lips without feeling dry or settling into fine lines. The finish is not matte but it's not shiny either, more of a satin finish I suppose. The color is very opaque and not patchy. I did notice that the formula mixed with the applicator (a sponge-like doe foot with an opening where the product is squeezed out) makes for a bit of a tricky application if you aren't used to it. It doesn't glide smoothly on your lips if you only squeeze out a little bit of product; it'll tug slightly but not uncomfortably so. It also smells great--fruity, almost like watermelon. However these do not survive eating and drinking, so while the color is pretty, I probably won't be repurchasing once I've run out. I'd say if you don't mind reapplying, then these are definitely something you should check out.
Mariah R.
Mariah R.
Eden Prairie, MN
So my rating is partially based on the color 'Never Bare.' I recently picked this up at Ulta (I think you can find it cheaper elsewhere) for $9.99 which I feel like is a little steep for Maybelline. I liked the applicator (it's like Too Faced's Melted Lipsticks), and the product went on smoothly and pigmented. However, the color 'Never Bare' seemed like it would be a little more of a pink nude (which is what I was hoping for since I'm fair skinned), unfortunately, when applying the color to my lips, it ended up looking more like a peachy nude, which didn't work out for me. So I ended up returning it. I think if you're interested in them, they can be great, but make sure to check out swatches of the colors online or in a You Tube video before buying (since you can't swatch in store).
Mishal F.
Mishal F.
I recently bought this at a Walmart and got it for $2 less than retail price. I LOVE IT. This is a game changer and unfortunately I like this more than the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks. This is worth so much more than that one lipstick for $21. It has the same applicator as well. The thing is this color jolt has half the product as well as price that the Too Faced one would, but who needs that much product? I really hope they expand the range of shades.. maybe more nudes. With one swipe it is so pigmented and rich in color. It lasts me all day as well and has a thick consistency.

Too Faced: $21, pigmented but drying on the lips. Same applicator as color jolt. More product.

Maybelline Color Jolt: $9.99, pigmented, moisturizing on the lips. Less product.

Do your pick!
Hayley T.
Hayley T.
Marion, NC
I purchased this product in the shade 05 "Stripped Down" it is a very pretty nude pink color. It smells AMAZING, like yummy cupcakes however I am not a fan of the price. I believe these are a dupe for the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks which I love but those sell for around 20$ and I purchased this for 10$ and it is half the amount of product so although it is a dupe it is not cheaper. You will only save money if you want a smaller size. So the positive is you could purchase two colors in smaller sizes for the price of one Too Faced in a larger size. The color jolt is a good product but the "Drugstore price" is higher than I wish to pay. Pretty soon drugstore will be as expensive as high-end makeup.
Claire S.
Claire S.
Austin, TX
I don't get the hype. Let me start by saying I have no idea if these are as good as the Too Faced Melted lippies because I don't own those. Now let us start with the pros. Great shade selection! The have nudes, neutrals and bolds - I am pretty sure anyone can find the perfect shade for their skin tone or for any season. It has a subtle smell, not chemical or unpleasant so that's a thumbs up. They are non-drying. Now my big, fat con - they are exactly what you'd expect a liquid lipstick to be. They are not transfer-proof. They have a tendency to bleed and smear. Go for the classic Maybelline lipsticks instead. They last longer on the lips and do not bleed.
I bought 3 of these, after watching Tati's review on youtube. I paid a bit less finding mine at Walmart. The three colors I bought are 1) (05) Stripped Down ^ 2) (10) Never Bare ^ 3) Violet Rebel ~^~ I love, and I mean LOVE the three colors that I picked up. They are a liquid lipstick in a squeeze tube with a foam, no not foam, but a firm tip with a velvet like material over the tip. You squeeze the amount you want to the tip and apply it to your lips. It's not patchy and the color is just perfect. I'm 44.... and honestly, I can get away with the purple (violet). So I think anyone can get away with rockin the purple. These are definitely worth it.
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
So i just bought my first Maybelline "Color Jolt" lip paint in "Never Bare" and i am #Obsessed! The color payoff is great, The color is great, the texture is great, The way it looks on my lips is sexy and sensual. I plan on getting every color in this, because i love it so much. Its highly pigmented also. I have to say, it gives my lips a little plump look to it, and that is what made me fall in love at first swipe on my lips. Wow! What a great lip paint! The applicator is precise, and makes it easy to apply. The tube is adorable, and makes it look like a high end product. I LOVE it. I will definitely purchase another color very soon!.
Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.
Costa Mesa, CA
I don't normally like glosses, but this is not your typical lip gloss. it's slick, not sticky, you don't even notice it on your lips, it feels nourishing (like a balm), has the color intensity of a lipgloss like UD's Revolution Lipgloss, but doesn't separate at all! the color doesn't pool in any areas, it acts more like a stain. It goes on really quick too, but you can't get a crisp line with the flocked applicator. I would treat it more as a colored lip balm than anything else, and it lasted through drinking just fine, eating a little less, but is definitely long-lasting. And in all fairness you can't really beat the price.
Caitlin W.
Caitlin W.
I have the shades Stripped Down and Violet Rebel. Both are very pretty shades, are pigmented, glossy, and aren't sticky at all. I actually find them to be less sticky and way more pigmented than the Too Faced Melted lipsticks. Both colors only last about three hours (with eating and drinking) before they start to fade. Violet Rebel leaves a pinkish purple stain that's easy to remove with a makeup wipe (or even tissue). I really like this lip product and will most likely buy more, the only reason I gave it four stars and not give is because you don't get very much product. I feel like I should be getting more for my $10.
Chelsea P.
Chelsea P.
San Diego , CA
Love this formula!! Picked up the color "never bare" for $7 from target. The color is a peachy pink and perfect for summer. The formula is long lasting and actually hydrating. The finish is Demi matte. Very impressed with this. The applicator is perfect for applying this and allows for precise application. You need very little product. Only disappointing thing is there aren't enough lighter colors in the line.

Update: finally got my hands on stripped down. It looks like my natural lip color and doesn't make for a good nude. I will return this color. Quality and pigmentation are still great just color didn't suit me.
Emery S.
Emery S.
Beamsville, Ontario
What are the best colours in this line?
Sabina K.
Sabina K.
What's the best nude shade in this Colour Jolt line?
Gianna G.
Gianna G.
Coconut Creek, FL
Is the finish of this glossy or creme?
Courtney W.
Courtney W.
I have tried the Maybelline Vivid Matte lipstick and was not a fan of the formula- how does this compare to the vivid matte formula??
Ashley V.
Ashley V.
Do these dry to a matte finish?