Jeronica C.
Jeronica C.

Can someone tell me the pros of gel liner over the others?
Gabriella R.
Gabriella R.
Sept. 1, 2013, 11:16 p.m.
I like gel better because it stays longer and doesn't smudge or run like pencil liners.
Andrea C.
Andrea C.
Aug. 25, 2013, 7:13 p.m.
I find that gel eyeliner is a lot better when it comes to being precise with your lines. I find it easier when I do wings (which is almost always). It also seems to have a stronger color, lasts longer and doesn't smudge like other liners. The cons are that I don't like using it on my water line and I usually take longer when applying (usually because i have to "re-dip" my brush. Overall, gel eyeliner is a must try! It is so much better than any other type of eyeliner I've ever tried. (and I've tried them all including the old school crushed up powder kind)
April G.
April G.
Aug. 20, 2013, 11:46 p.m.
Sometimes the gel liner smears, so i apply a little liquid liner.
Terry P.
Terry P.
Aug. 18, 2013, 12:31 p.m.
I prefer gel liner opposed to pencil liner. I love to do the wing tip at the end and it much easier to achieve with gel liner. I only use pencil liner for the bottom of my eyelid on the inside.
Tangela L.
Tangela L.
Aug. 15, 2013, 11:49 p.m.
It lasts a lot longer. If you are going somewhere and you need a liner that will last and not get smudgy or raccoon like by the end of the day this is the way to go!
Elisha B.
Elisha B.
July 27, 2013, 1:26 a.m.
There is no sharp edges or u don't have to sharpen these and they go on smooth with long lasting effects!
Chantel N.
Chantel N.
July 23, 2013, 10:57 a.m.
Once you get the hang of gel liner, they trump all. Take it from someone who has tried every type and brand of eyeliner in the book. My biggest problem when I started using the gel was controlling the thickness in my inner eye, but with practice that changes. It's easier to control than liquid liner and it's not so wet (no sarcasm intended). It's like you're painting on your eye, basically. It's more smooth than a pencil/crayon eyeliner as well.
Margret S.
Margret S.
July 18, 2013, 1:13 a.m.
I find that gel eyeliners are easier to apply after you learn to use them and that they last longer. I usually do a combo where I use a gel liner for my top lid(because you can get amazing, perfect cat-eyes with gel liners) then a pencil for my bottom lid. (Gels work nicely for bottom lid too.)
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
July 11, 2013, 3:49 p.m.
Actually, gel liners are pretty awesome! Depending on the brand you use. Gel liners I find are better than pencils because they stay on longer than pencil and is easy to create a flick with a brush. Also, majority gel liners are quite creamy so applying it to the lids are a dream! My favorite brand is essence gel liner and it's only $4. I wore it all day in the summer heat and it has not caused me raccoon eyes! However, i find that with pencils you have more precision, but for finish and longevity gel liner is the best in my opinion.
Emily (.
Emily (.
July 8, 2013, 11:22 p.m.
If you're asking about gel liner compared to pencil, gel liners aren't so harsh to the skin as a pencil liner can be. A pencil liner can tug on your eye as you put it on, which will result in premature sagging and wrinkles around the eye area. Gel liners apply with little to no tugging, and are much easier to take off. Also most gel liners are easy to smudge, so if you want a smokey eye you can smudge it out, and you can also make a sharp line with a gel liner.

Join Now