Maybelline Lash Sensational® Waterproof Mascara

Did you know your lashes grow more than just one layer? This mascara unfolds layer upon layer of lashes for a new full fan effect.

• Isododecane

• CI 75470 / Carmine
  • CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens
  • CI 77742 / Manganese Violet
  • CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide

Is this mascara waterproof ?
is it easy to take off, does it rip off any eyelashes while removing off??
is this a good waterproof mascara? like does is last long in water?
Start your review of Maybelline Lash Sensational® Waterproof Mascara!
Product Highlights
“HOLY. GRAIL. MASCARA. No kidding I am on my 3rd tube of this stuff. It lengthens, it thickens, it gives me dramatic lashes. I use the waterproof kind so that it holds my curl all day. ” in reviews
“My all time fave drugstore brand mascara! It lift and separates my lashes without any clumping. It reminds me of Benefits Roller Lash but for a cheaper price. I had no clumping or fallout from this mascara. It's really great and I would highly recommend this to anyone!” in reviews
“Great coverage , you can see the liquid formula, it's not clumpy or thick. Lengthens and add volume in just 2 coats. Long lasting comfortable wear. the curved brush catches even the tiniest last. In a blind test I would not have thought this is a drugstore brand, it's comparable with expensive department store formulas. Very impressive. Cons - hard to remove. I recommend using a cotton swab dipped in your strongest eye makeup remover to really get in between the lashes for the best removal. ” in reviews
GONZALES, LA
Purchased at: CVS
This is the absolute best mascara I've ever used! I can't believe I picked it up at CVS for $10. I used my mom's makeup one day and she had this. I used it and loved it. The wand is amazing! I went to CVS the very next day. This is the only mascara I will ever buy from now on. I never even heard of this before I used my mom's, so I was really happy to find my new holy grail. I remove this with Neutrogena makeup remover wipes with no problem. I also use the white Lancome mascara primer before I use this. I do one eye at a time.
Omaha, NE
A former go-to mascara and one of my favorite drugstore mascaras! I have straight, short Asian lashes so I only purchase waterproof mascara formulas because those tend to hold a curl MUCH BETTER than normal mascaras. This product stays put on my lashes all day and does not smudge! In terms of packaging, there are some issues. Although I love the small bristles on the wand and the curved shape (small bristles are great for applying product to my small/thin lashes and the curved wand gives an extra curl boost), the wand always picks up way too much product when you first pull it out of the tube which can lead to clumpy lashes. However, if I wipe the wand down on the sides of the tube (not on a tissue because that wastes product), the application process is much easier and much less clumpy! TIP: Make sure to use an oil-based makeup remover at night to take this off. Soap and water or your normal cleanser will NOT do the trick. :)
I have thick eyelashes, that have no curl to them whatsoever and I have tried so many mascaras, high-end and drugstore and none of them has kept my eyelashes curled throughout the day. A friend of mine recommended this to me and as soon as I tried it I fell in love. It keeps my eyelashes curled all day long no matter what I am doing that day and it is so amazing. I picked up the waterproof because I like wearing waterproof mascaras because they don't tend to transfer on your eyelids and I have pretty long lashes so whenever a mascara does it would transfer right under my eyebrows since they are so long and when they curl they touch there. That brings me to the complaints I have about this mascara, it does transfer onto my eyelids even though it is VERY waterproof. Another thing is if you want to get this mascara to be sure that instead of washing it off with just face wash you want to get a makeup remover or micellar water to remove it before you wash your face because it takes a lot to get it off with some face washes. Overall though, I would recommend this product despite those few downsides to it, especially if you want very pretty and curled lashes.
Jacksonville , FL
Purchased at: Walgreens
This mascara is amazing. I've tried a lot of the other popular ones out there recently - Lash Paradise, Exhibitionist, the Colourpop BFF mascara and the Makeup Revolution one. I do really love the Stila Huge mascara and the Lancome Big, but when I can't afford those, this one has become my #1. It is a wetter formula, but I like that. It's a vivid black that coats evenly and builds up super fast. Clumps are non-existent thanks to its thinner consistency, and the lashes can stick together to make just a couple mega-lashes if you're not careful with the brush. But once you get the hang of the different bristles on the curved brush, you can avoid that. And actually, my biggest complaint is that I don't like either of the brushes you can get with it very much (the black tube has a different brush). I've been toying with the idea of putting my Exhibitionist wand in the Lash Sensational tube and creating the ultimate combination of best wand and best formula.
Athens , GA
Maybelline Lash Sensational® Waterproof Mascara uploaded by Yvette ɢ.
I naturally have eyelashes that go straight down. There is absolutely no curl to them whatsoever (the complete opposite actually) and I feel like eyelash curlers have also been culprit to my lash loss. This mascara is exactly what I was looking for. I have lost a lot of volume in my lashes over the years because I was using really intense mascaras that would not come off without having to scrub hard and lose a lot of hair in the process. This mascara stays on ALL day and as you can see, makes a huge difference in how full my lashes look. It removes easily with makeup wipes and does not flake throughout the day. I will say, it begins to flake after about an 11 hour wear and thats when I remove it. Great overall though. P.S. In the photo, I used about 3 coats. Also, it does not dry immediately (this does not mean it is messy) which is good because you can build the product without discomfort.
El Paso, TX
This mascara has a wand that has different lengths and curled, making it super easy to get to the root of the lash and get a good base, with the long bristles it makes it easy to separate each lash, making my lashes look super fanned out and curled. I really like this product. This isn't really a voluminous mascara, that’s why I usually apply one coat of primer before I use it, and then two coats of this, and then I'm good. Makes my lashes look super awesome! I don't mind the clumpy formula, the clumps do flake off! It is really quick to dry, so I try to layer it up fast. It comes out fast with micellar water or makeup remover. I’ve been using it for a year now, and I would totally recommend it.
Orlando , FL
Maybelline Lash Sensational® Waterproof Mascara uploaded by Angelique N.
Purchased at: Walmart
This has been a basic staple in my makeup collection for a few years now! It's an affordable price and it applies very evenly and I rarely have problems with it clumping. It stays true to its word that its waterproof, I've worn it all day and have it last into the evening. In fact, sometimes it's hard to get off whe you do want it off. 😂 The curved brush is standard, but it's nice.
cumming
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I cannot live without mascara and I feel like I have tried every single one on the market and this mascara has all of them beat! I’ve repurchased this product over 30 times. I’ve been using Lash Sensational for 4 years and it’s never disappointed me. My only complaint is how fast I go through it. It’s not that big of an issue for me though because I love this mascara so much. The brush applicator is plastic and has a C shaped curve that lifts your lashes. I personally use the waterproof version because it lasts significantly longer. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a lengthening mascara.
Lugoff, SC
This product is a great budget friendly mascara. It lifts and gives volume to lashes without making them clumpy and look unnatural. A few layers of this mascara gives your lashes a falsey look without the hassle of false lashes. And I would say overall it is waterproof I wore it on my cruise last summer and it held up all day and into the night for parties. Retail price is $10. And the mascara lasts me about 2/3 months which is typical for mascaras they should be changed about every three months! Overall this is a great product it is a dupe for Too Faced better than sex. I do find that it is a lot less drying than the Too Faced mascara.
Tracy, CA
This is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras, because the brush creates a natural fanning lash effect. It is buildable without clumping after a couple of coats. I felt it did a great job at keeping my lashes full but separate. It's under fifteen dollars, and on sale, may be able to be found under ten. This lasts all day. The reason why I knocked off one star is due to my experience when getting this in my eyes. I wear contacts and found that any trace of this makes my contacts instantly blurry, and I have to be extremely careful not to get any product on them.

502 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Gastonia
il y a 9 jours
Lilly Lashes After a while, do these lashes irritate your eyes?