BY MAYBELLINE #6 in Mascara

Did you know your lashes grow more than just one layer? This mascara unfolds layer upon layer of lashes for a new full-fan effect.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• What’s your favourite Mascara ? Mine is Maybelline Lash S...11 Answers
  • How does this compare with Maybelline falsies?2 Answers
  • Is this mascara good??? I need a good mascara for length15 Answers
Maybelline Lash Sensational® Washable Mascara
  • "I just recently bought this mascara and it has quickly became my favorite mascara , it has amazing separation and length but also volume . i think I'll repurchase this for a while " in 1680 reviews
  • "This is my new favorite mascara! It lengthens and volumizes perfectly. It's a more wet formula, but I like that in a mascara. Go get this mascara right now!" in 642 reviews
  • "I love this I use the water proof one, especially for hot yoga and it stays and my lashes on a a regular day are so long and lush love this mascara and for the $4 or $5 at Wal-Mart cant go wrong " in 503 reviews
  • "This is a great mascara! One of the best out there in the drug store! Really makes your lashes long and curls them! Separates your eye lashes well too!" in 250 reviews
Melanie M.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Blackest Black more...
So I am a mascara junkie, but I'm also on a budget which has lead me to have to experiment with drug store brands in order to achieve a "falsie" effect. I bought the Maybelline Lash Sensational at Target for about 9 dollars and I bought it on a whim because I needed masacara, but they were out of the one I have sworn by which is the Butterfly sculpture by L'Oreal. ANyways, I noticed that this mascara gave me very long looking eyelashes which was able to make my eyes look bigger and overall for me to look less tired. It was more of a natural looking mascara as it built more length rather than thickness.  However, I've only had it for about two months and it is already starting to dry up to the point where the formula comes out ashy rather than in liquid form....so that the downside of drugstore brands I suppose because I've had this experience several times. Overall, I do recommend if you are looking for something affordable and that gives good results, but do not expect it to last long in your vanity because you have to use a lot of the product to get the results you want and also it dries up quickly which leads it to be unusable.
Arianny L.
West Jordan, UT
I have long eyelashes, but it isn't as noticeable unless they are curled. My lashes are also thin, and not too sparse, but I am not happy with the volume either. I look for a more volumizing mascara than lengthening mascara. My 1st time using it: If you are looking for a lengthening mascara that curls, then yes this it. While I am already blessed with long eyelashes, this made my lashes so long they reached up to my eyebrows. They also curled my lashes effortlessly which I loved, because now I don't need to use a lash curler. However, I have very thin lashes, and this didn't exactly give me the volume I was looking for. On the contrary, this mascara actually made my lashes look less voluminous, because my lashes started sticking together. My 2nd time using it: While I was mildly disappointed with looking like I had fewer lashes than I would if I had went all natural, I was impressed with the formula of the mascara.
Rachel R.
McDonough, GA
Review for: Very Black more...
I tried this mascara a while ago, not right when I came out but with in a couple months of it launching. A girl that worked at the Walgreens near my parents house told me how she used it after I complimented her lashes. Her lashes were absolutely gorgeous!! So long and so much volume and just so perfect, so I asked her. She told me and then showed me where it was and I bought it right then and there. BUT i could never get it to work for me. I loved the wand, it was really nice for separating the lashes. The formula would cake and flake though. I kept playing with it and trying new tricks but it became such a hassle and I never felt my best when I wore it in public. I'm a huge lash person though. Everyone has their 'thing' that has to be perfect or they just don't feel right . . . Mine is my eye lashes. I would still recommend this mascara though because a few of my friends got it to work for them and they liked it. The one with glitter in it (if they still have it??) was awesome. I would use it as a thin top coat.
Esha Z.
Lorton, VA
Review for: Blackest Black more...
After trying 3 or 4 mascaras THIS is my fave!!!!!!!! I get it from Target, and have tried both the washable and waterproof.
Pros: it gives me both length & volume and also separates each lash for that fan effect :). Didn't find another mascara that I liked more so I came back to this and will most likely stick to it! It doesn't clump or flake off your lashes so don't worry about it darkening your under eyes
Con's: literally none !
*Here's a closeup of my lashes only 😂 with 1 coat on both top and bottom lashes (I only put a little on the bottom lashes)
Waterproof version: same effect but drying on my lashes and after a few hours it crumbles off a little on my face
Katie M.
Madison
Review for: Blackest Black more...
This is my everyday mascara! I have been using and repurchasing this mascara for years now! It makes me eyelashes look so long and gives me a lot of volume as well! It's very easy to apply and I like how the wand shape perfectly coats your lashes.
I don't know if they changed or anything but this mascara has started to smudge on my eyes. It didn't use to but it does now, I mean maybe I'm just sweatier who knows. I bought the waterproof version to layer over so now it doesn't smudge as much. I don't want to just use the waterproof version because then it is hard to take off so I only apply a little. It smudges a little when it's very hot but it's only a little and easy to clean.
This mascara is a great drugstore find and I will continue to repurchase.
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
Review for: Very Black more...
This is my favorite mascara now. It’s a drugstore product that works like a high end one.
The brush is amazing - it’s not thick so you can apply in evenly on tour eyelashes and not miss a single hair. It is easy to apply it on your bottom lashes as well.
Because of the quality of the brush, it perfectly separates your lashes and makes them look longer and fuller.
Another amazing think about it is that it’s super easy to take off. With other mascaras I’ve tried I have to ise 2-3, sometimes 4 cotton pads to remove the product of my eyelashes and I still sometimes wake up with mascara smudged under my eyes. This one, howevwr, is so wasy to remove - 1 cotton pad and I’m done!
I haven’t tried the waterproof one but the very black one is my go-to.
Definitely recommend to everyone.
Rhiannon C.
Lexington Pk, MD
Review for: Other more...
Best drugstore one I’ve tried I think. I wear contacts so I can’t use any mascara that flakes off or transfers even a little. I haven’t found any drugstore mascara that didn’t smudge and give me raccoon eyes or flake like crazy. This one doesn’t flake, looks nice, and doesn’t smudge throughout the day. It gives more length than volume but I’m okay with that. The shape of the wand is slightly curled but it’s not thick so I can use it on my top and bottom lashes... that and the price makes this one a big winner for me.
Stefanie H.
Vineland, NJ
Review for: Blackest Black more...
This is, hands down, the best mascara I have ever used. I’m not sure if it’s the awesome and versatile brush shape or the formula but my lashes are ginormous with this mascara. I have no issues with clumps or globs of product. The brush lengthens and spreads lashes out making them look even fuller. I find that if I pause and move to the other eye it makes it difficult to come back so I just work one eye until I’m done. I don’t have fall out during the day and it stays on even through watery allergy eyes... and no issues washing off with face wash. I get compliments on my lashes when I wear this when I otherwise never have. I’ve tried many other mascaras at this price point and none even come close. Make this mascara a staple in your beauty care products!
Haley M.
Review for: Blackest Black more...
This is by far my favorite mascara and it is also very cost efficient as well. I have tired many different types of Mascara over the years from top of the line in price to cheapest. Maybelline Lash Sensational Washable Mascara is defiantly the first Mascara I would recommend to someone. You can get it at any local store, Walmart, target, etc. When applying the Mascara it goes on very smooth and you can make it as thick as you like with just other coat. My lashes never get clumpy using Lash Sensational. This will always be my go to when it comes to Mascara and the waterproof is also great and is one of the best products I've come across.
Brianna N.
I really love this mascara!! It is a great everyday mascara that provides great length and volume for my lashes. It does dry out rather quickly, so I will put a few drops of my eye drops in the tube and it really moisturizes the product. I only notice some flaking if I have the mascara on for numerous hours, but other wise the product stays put. It also does not transfer on my lids, which is great because I have oily eyelids. Lastly, the brush hugs all of my lashes and coats every individual lash. Overall, it is a great drugstore mascara and I would definitely recommend!!
I really want to try this mascara! What would you rate it out of 10???
Mariell T.
Bristol, CT
Does this give you volume and is it clumpy?
Maggie S.
Is this mascara more volumizing or lengthening?
Wendy G.
Seaside, CA
What are other great mascaras you girls recommend me?
Bella S.
Is this mascara easily removed by water? Whenever I take my mascara off it never always comes out and I end up with black under my eyes in the morning, does this happen with this mascara?