BY MAYBELLINE #6 in Mascara

Did you know your lashes grow more than just one layer? This mascara unfolds layer upon layer of lashes for a new full-fan effect.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• Is this mascara good??? I need a good mascara for length12 Answers
  • Do you guys like maybelline mascaras?10 Answers
yolanda p.
Traducir
I haven't bought a Maybelline mascara in many years, because they've never worked for me. I generally stick to L'Oreal with the occasional high end thrown in, but most L'Oreal formulas are quite good in my experience.
I've been using this for about a month now and I will repurchase it soon. I normally don't love curved brushes because I find they are harder to control as far as clumping on lids, but this formula/brush combo is winning, and I usually have to remove the extra from my lids with straight brushes too if I'm not super careful. And even sometimes when I am.
No wiggle necessary, the concave side gets those roots, grips them and pulls the product through the length of the lash. I usually go in with the convex side afterward to do a little extra fanning and "detailing".
My only issue is that I find it hard to remove. I use the regular (as opposed to waterproof) and the base of the roots need a lot of extra attention for removal. I actually suspect that might be because it saturates the roots so thoroughly. Far from a deal breaker but not ideal. As others have stated, provides beautifully fanned out lashes and builds very well, but looks good with one or two coats too.
Lauren T.
Chico, CA
Review for: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
I have been wanting to try this mascara for a while after hearing friends recommend it as well as some of my favorite YouTubers. I decided to take a break from my go to Covergirl and give this a try. The first time I tried it I noticed the applicator pulls a lot of product out, which can make it hard to layer up and make the lashes stick together instead of feathering out. After getting less product by swiping some off I was able achieve a look I loved. It lasted all day, looked great, no flakes fell onto my face. The only big problem I really had with this was removing it. Oh boy. I can usually get away with a makeup wipe followed by my normal cleanser. I tried while wearing this and it didn't cut it. The next day I used a makeup wipe, makeup remover and cleaner and it got a lot of it off, but it left prices of mascara all over my face. Even after washing in the morning there were still flecks everywhere! That is frustrating enough for me to reconsider this as a re-buy.
Christine C.
Review for: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
This is a highly-raved about mascara that I had been meaning to try forever. I finally got around to it, and I was excited because I tend to favor Maybelline mascaras from the drugstore options. It is a great product, especially for the price, but somewhat different from what I expected. This mascara is more on the wet side. It does a great job at holding my curl and doesn't flake. It adds volume but in a somewhat more clumpy manner than I usually would like, and it lengthens slightly as well. It doesn't smudge, flake, or transfer throughout the day or weigh down heavily on my lashes. I think this works better than a lot of more higher-end mascaras that I have tried, but the wand isn't the best at separating my lashes. I love curled wands and prefer them to straight ones, but this one just doesn't have the bristles I need for separation. I LOVE this mascara for my lower lashes however!! I would repurchase just for that reason alone.
Yanett C.
Review for: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
I recently bought this mascara because I had some coupons and I was tired of using another mascara that was not working for me. When I used it for the first time, I could tell it was the same great quality that Maybelline always puts out there. Every Maybelline mascara I've ever bought works so well for me, but I have to say that this one is the best. I have very short, straight lashes and I need an eyelash curler to keep my lashes curled. I tried this mascara without curling them, and although they were not curled as they usually are with a curler, it still gave me some volume which I thought was cool. Once I tried it with the curler, I loved it. It gave me volume, it darken my lashes, it did not clump and it did not flake. I bought the waterproof version because I wear contacts and because my eyes can be sensitive, but it works amazing. I definitely recommend it.
Katie H.
Paris, KY
Review for: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
This is my all time favorite mascara from Maybelline. The brush is plastic bristled with a long outside curve and short bristles inside the curve. It comes in a pearl pink tube. There are other versions of Lash Sensational with different brushes but the original version is by far the best. Not being a typical spoolie, the brush can take some getting used to but it works great. The formula is a wetter formula than say Full N Soft. It does a great job curling the lashes and making them dark. It doesn't smudge or flake and lasts all day. It can be easily removed with a gentle rub and some warm water or a regular makeup remover. It is easy to build up coats while the product is still damp and when it dries it doesn't get hard or brittle. Have used several tubes of this mascara and will definitely continue purchasing this product.
Amina J.
I've tried high end to low end mascaras and this is honestly my #1 favorite mascara. I love the small curve of the wand because it allows me to get the perfect round shape with my lashes and get deep in the corners. Only downfall to this mascara for me is that after a few uses it does start to clump a lot but doing the eye drops to dilute it trick always helps and I can use every bit of it! That is probably the only negative thing about the mascara which is definitely overweighed by all the positives. It definitely is not extremely wet like some mascaras I've tried so you can easily do multiple coats without clumping. I used it for almost all of 2016 so that just explains how long I've been hooked on this mascara. Always get asked if I'm wearing falsies and that just explains how great of length and fullness it creates!
Savannah W.
Review for: Very Black
I like this mascara,but don't love it. Lasts all day, no flaking and I had no issues with transfer (although I was using primer and eyeshadow as a barrier because I always get transfer with any mascara. But it didn't break the barrier. It takes a bit getting used to using the rubberized wand. I do like that I can get close to my roots with this wand. It washes off easily with soap and water. Didn't clump.
I gave it 3 stars because It didn't seem to add as much volume as I prefer,and I would like a bit more separation like I get with my bristle brushes and it is tricky to use on the lower lashes, so I used a different mascara for that. Overall it's okay, but after I use this tube, I won't repurchase because I like more separation that a bristle wand gives and better volume
Jacqueline B.
Feeding Hills, MA
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't understand the hype behind this mascara. I was so excited to try it after hearing such good things about it.... Hate to say it's a major disappointment. It literally ruined my makeup look, and I have tried it multiple times to give it a fair shot. The formula is extremely wet and smudges very easily. Because the formula is extremely wet too, it clumps SUPER easily, and it's not a pretty clump. It also doesn't layer well at all with other mascaras; it just makes it look even worse. I also don't like the wand. It's a bit difficult to work with... Overall, not worth it in my opinion. I do love Maybelline mascaras, and there are other ones from that brand that are my ultimate holy grail. This one is just not for me.
Becca W.
Stockbridge, GA
Review for: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
Holy grail status!!!! I never thought I would find a mascara that does it all: holds a curl, lengthens, volumizes, doesn't flake or smudge, & has an intense, rich black formula. Well, my search is over. Lash Sensational is everything & more. I will never shell out big bucks on a high end mascara again. The brush & formula perfectly compliment each other. The curved plastic bristle brush fits the shape of my eye & the multiple length bristles insure product is deposited on every single lash. The formula is more thick and wet, resulting in fanned out, richly black lashes. People ask if I'm wearing falsies when I wear this mascara. There is absolutely no smudging or flaking throughout the day. I would be lost without this product in my life!
Julia R.
Review for: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
This mascara is an absolute dupe for Benefit's Roller Lash! The wands are only marginally different (Maybelline has longer bristles in the back) and I prefer the formula of this to Benefit. The price difference alone was compelling enough for me to try it, and clearly I was not let down. The only issue I have is that, while this mascara never flakes on me--even with my watery eyes--the waterproof formula is nearly impossible to get off. I have to soak my lashes in an oil at the end of every day, and go through a process even more tedious than removing my They're Real mascara. And during the day, I definitely notice that my lashes feel brittle and almost crusty. However, the original, non-waterproof formula never gives me an issue!
I really want to try this mascara! What would you rate it out of 10???
Mariell T.
East Haven , CT
Does this give you volume and is it clumpy?
Maggie S.
Is this mascara more volumizing or lengthening?
Wendy G.
Marina, CA
What are other great mascaras you girls recommend me?
Bella S.
Is this mascara easily removed by water? Whenever I take my mascara off it never always comes out and I end up with black under my eyes in the morning, does this happen with this mascara?