Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Waterproof uploaded by Jasmine A.Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Waterproof uploaded by Trishna D.Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Waterproof uploaded by Alaya B.See all 410 photos
2 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #6 in Mascara

Did you know your lashes grow more than just one layer? This mascara unfolds layer upon layer of lashes for a new full fan effect.

• Is this mascara good? Yes, it is đź’™ 6 Answers
Kayla U.
Fitchburg, WI
March 6, 2016, 6:55 p.m.
Review for: Very
I can't believe this is #100 in mascara. This is #1 in my book and truly the best mascara I have ever tried, in both drugstore and high end. I have to laugh because while I have average eyelashes, they are not too short, but definitely not very long, I see an ophthalmologist every week for an eye condition, and every time I'm there she compliments on my eyelashes. Until recently, she nervously asked me what I was wearing, and told me that she didn't care how much it costed, she would pay it to get the same eyelashes. When I told her it was Maybelline and only six dollars, her mouth dropped open and now she is obsessed with it herself and wears it everyday. I have gotten almost every woman I know hooked on this mascara, my mom and aunts, my best friends, and even my boss. The only complaint I have heard is that it can be too clumpy, however, there is an easy solution to that. All you have to do is apply it as you normally would, and just as you are finishing up, wipe the sides of the wand off either on the edge of the tube or off on a paper towel, and go back in again and apply, basically combing out your lashes, and it looks beautiful every time. I honestly wish I could do a better job at putting into words how much my eye doctor, myself, and all the other woman in my life are obsessed with this mascara. :) Great job Maybelline!
Diane M.
Diane M.
Los Angeles, CA
I wear glasses, so I need a mascara that doesn't move and this one does not move at all. I love this mascara after about a one week of using it.

The mascara is very wet when you first open up the mascara. After a while it gets less watery. I love the consistancy after about two weeks of using it. (I hope that makes sense) . It does take a while for the mascara to completely dry so beware.

If your looking for a mascara that lengthes your lashes this mascara will do it. Just beware that this mascara does get clumpy fast as stated by past reviewers.

As for the wand its self and the tube. I'm a clean freak and like my mascara wand to be clean and for the tube to remove all the excess mascara, this mascara does not do it. But i don't mind cleaning the wand myself because I love how this mascara lengthens my lashes.

I would recommend removing this mascara with coconut oil or baby oil. It comes off a lot better than makeup removing wipes.
brittany h.
brittany h.
Flemington, WV
I have been searching for my holy grail mascara ever since they discontinued their pulse perfection with the vibrating wand, and THIS is definitely it! I'm so happy too because I've been looking for a few years now. This mascara gives just the right amount of volume and length, both.. it is absolute perfection in a tube. This waterproof version is 100% waterproof.. I have bawled my eyes out before and washed my face and this mascara looks identical to what it did before my face and lashes got wet, it's crazy, I've never seen anything like it. I recommend anyone to buy it, it really is the perfect mascara and I've even heard people comparing it to the roller lash by Benefit. It has the same type of wand as the roller lash as well. A++ So glad I finally found such a great mascara and for such a great price too. Oh, and it doesn't flake either!! :D (a problem I have with just about every mascara I've tried the past year or two)
Eryn B.
Eryn B.
Pembroke Pnes, FL
March 24, 2016, 3:48 p.m.
Review for: Waterproof Brownish Black
HOLY GRAIL MASCARA LET ME TELL YOU.
This mascara is everything. It lasts through war, tears, the notebook, pouring rain, the beach, the gym.. Whatever you got to go through, it'll stick with you. 2-3 coats and I'm ready to go. It honestly looks like I'm wearing falsies. It doesn't have a strong scent to it either. It's just a wonderful product. The only CON is that you have to really work to get this stuff off- if you use make up wipes. My makeup wipes get off not but not all, however, if you are using an oil based make up remover then you're all set. Anyone looking for a new mascara should definitely try this out. I would compare this to the make up forever mascaras out there ( which are to die for) but at a more affordable price; esp if you're just starting out.
Len C.
Len C.
Irving, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this because many people said it is comparable to my favorite mascara -- Benefit's Roller Lash. Unfortunately, I have to disagree. This wand is strange and the two lengths of bristles are both difficult to use unlike the Roller Lash. The formula is too wet for my taste and it easily clumps if you're not extremely careful. The formula does not allow many coats before turning into spider lashes. It dries very hard and fortunately does not flake, BUT it is almost impossible to remove. I worked on removing this mascara with my trustworthy Mary Kay eye makeup remover for about 20 mins before I gave up. I hate it. Spend 4 more dollars for the mini-sized Roller Lash at Ulta.
Nikki Z.
Nikki Z.
Valparaiso, IN
LET ME TELL YA this mascara is amazing. It is most comparable to the Too Faced mascara that everyone loves. It is a wetter formula, which I love because it fully coats and separates the lashes. It makes my lashes bigger and longer than any other mascara has ever done before. The wand suggests a two-step application process, which is a great idea! The packaging is adorable and it is reasonably priced! The only downside is that it is hard to build on after it is fully dry, so make sure to add your extra coats when they are still wet. Still, I highly recommend this mascara to everyone! I am on my 5th or 6th tube and I will continue to purchase for a long time!
Marissa D.
Marissa D.
Victor, NY
I wish I could give 3.5 stars....I have mixed feelings on this one. At first I HATED it it was such a goopy mess every time I applied but then I found out that I had been using the brush wrong I don't know what I was thinking such rookie mistake!! But even then it was a lot to work with given the huge brush and wet formula....I found that if I wipe the brush of all visible clumps before applying it is much easier to work with, but then I felt like I was wasting a lot of product. The resulting look was nice volume wise but I prefer more length and I know there are products out there that can do both. I will finish the tube but probably not repurchase.
Amany I.
Amany I.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I THINK I GOT A FAULTY ONE! I heard so many good things about this mascara so I bought one at walgreens and I HATED it. The brush holds SO much product and the formula is too wet so it got EVERYWHERE, like really guys, THE WORST mascara I had ever tried. But I did not give up and I started WIPING the crap out of the wand to get the excess product off and NOW (after going through all that trouble) I can say that it gives beautiful separated lashes. Really awesome wand for that. I just wish I didn't have to wipe SO MUCH product off of the wand. So really, not worth it. There are many other mascaras that give me the same result without all the hassle.
Rachel Y.
Rachel Y.
Stanley , NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
The lash sensational mascara and is honestly my favorite drugstore mascara! When I went to repurchase it I accidentally grabbed the waterproof one but I decided to try it anyways. The waterproof version is easier to clump so you have to be more careful when applying, but it curls your lashes and holds the curl very well! On he downside, it is really hard to remove, I can't get it completely off even with makeup remover and hot water!
BUT it works really well when swimming! After getting in the pool twice, my this mascara pulled through and still looked exactly as it did when I first applied it. No sticky lashes and it held the curl!!
Daisy A.
Daisy A.
March 26, 2016, 8:34 p.m.
Review for: Waterproof Brownish Black
This mascara works wonders!! Before using this mascara (a about a year ago) I would constantly buy mascara because no one product would leave me satisfied. It wasn't until my friend recommended it to me, I thought I'd give it a try even though it didn't really appeal to me. I bought it (NOT the waterproof one) and when I applied it on for the first time it felt wonderful. The formula wasn't thick or sticky it was perfect. With every brush stroke, it would make my lashes very full and voluminous. I wish I could rate it more than 5 stars.
***The waterproof one works just as great but I prefer the regular one***
Justine T.
Justine T.
Pembroke Pnes, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this mascara separate the lashes and helps with lengthening too?
Olivia S.
Olivia S.
Is this really as good as everyone claims? The packaging is aesthetic goals, but what about the product?
wendy g.
wendy g.
Van nuys, CA
Ive never tried waterproof mascara before. How hard is it yo take off?
Kc B.
Kc B.
Cebu City
Does this last long in a hot day?
Myriam M.
Myriam M.
Are these actually water proof or if you are in the water to much then it starts to come off.