2 varieties available
Maybelline Lash Sensational® Luscious Waterproof Mascara
4.24 / 5 based on 1,562 Reviews
This volumizing mascara captures lashes from root to tip for a full-fan effect. Now, with precious oils for a softer, denser finish.
- Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille
- Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba
- Disteardimonium Hectorite
- Aqua / Water / Eau
- Allyl Stearate/Va Copolymer
- Oryza Sativa Cera / Rice Bran Wax
- Alcohol Denat
- Polyvinyl Laurate
- Vp/Eicosene Copolymer
- Propylene Carbonate
- Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil / Safflower Seed Oil
- Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer
- Peg-30 Glyceryl Stearate
- Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil
- Rosa Canina Fruit Oil
- Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate
- Propylene Glycol
- Propyl Gallate
- Citric Acid
- CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides
- CI 77007 / Ultramarines
- CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
- CI 75470 / Carmine
- CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens
- CI 77742 / Manganese Violet
- CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide
Top Questions See all 79 Q&A
Maybelline Lash Sensational® Luscious Waterproof Mascara
- "I absolutely adore this product it's obviously a holy grail for me. I have such tiny eyelashes and this mascara does wonders for them. I only tried the original but I can't wait to get my hands on the waterproof." in 204 reviews
- "This is my new favorite mascara. It gives volume and separates lashes perfectly. The brush is awesome and I highly recommend trying it. " in 165 reviews
- "Because I love the original formula so much I decided to try the Luscious version. It has all the same great traits as the original long lasting and no flaking. this one keeps my lashes soft unlike the other formula which compares to how a regular mascara feels. this is more comfortable to wear because softer and more movable." in 46 reviews
- "Maybelline is always super innovative when it comes to their mascaras. I'm trying out this mascara and I have to say I really love it. The bristle design is what really makes the mascara so effective. There's tons of tiny individual rows of bristles in a tapered cone shape with a finite point at the end of the brush. This allows the brush to really grip the lashes from their base and coat them individually from root to tip. The brush really fans out the lashes and the fine tip allows you to coat the small lashes on the inner corners of the eye. The result is really full, fat, fanned out long lashes that really stand out. I always buy waterproof formula because I like my mascara to stay on all day long even through my workouts. Another great product from Maybelline! " in 46 reviews
This mascara is a great choice if you are looking for a less expensive option you can find at Target, Walmart or the drug store. It is about $7 and gives great coverage. I have short lashes and this definitely gives me more volume and length. I would definitely recommend this mascara if you need to pick something up quick that will give you good value for your money!!
I reaaally dislike the wand.its unique but not in a good way. Its super clumpy so now i need to invest in an eyelash brush to get the clumps out. It applys really uneven but it does give instant volume. No need to build it up in layers at all. The formula tho is spot on. I swam for 2 hours and came out with no panda eyes i was shocked. Its definitely waterproof. It just flaked off gracefully in the pool instead of smudging under the eye. Overall i was only impressed with the waterproofness of it.
THIS IS MY FAVORITE MASCARA! I KOVE THE WAND , IT DOESNT GET CLUMPY AND THE WAND GETS AND TRAPS EVERY SINGLE LASH TO GET THE MOST LONGEST AND FLATTERING LASHES IN THE UNIVERSE! I HAVE TWENTY FIVE OF THESE! I LOVE IT SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!! It is so waterproof that it wouldn't smudge or little clumps of mascara falls off, this is the truest mascara I have ever tried in my life!
I bought this because I am looking for a good waterproof mascara for my upcoming wedding. I am very sad that I didn't find that this lived up the all of e reviews I had read. First off I am not a fan of the brush AT ALL. So much mascara gets caked in the gaps and makes it not go on nicely. I've also found that my eyelashes clump up a ton with this, and there is always a ton of excess left behind as well. I think if the brush were different the other issues would be fixed as well.
This could of been my favorite mascara ever! Except it clumped my eye lashes up so bad. Whether I used a primer first to help separate them or a separating tool it didn't make a difference. When I applied this mascara it made my lashes clump together. It was disappointing because this mascara color made my eyelashes strikingly black, added so much volume and gave my lower lashes so much detail where you could see each and every lash. It was my top lashes I couldn't get it to cooperate on. So I give it 3 stars
Review for: Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Luscious Waterproof Mascara - Very Black (Pack of 3) more...
Ugh I don't know how I feel about this mascara. The brush was kind of awful and you really had to apply the mascara slowly in order to separate lashes. Once you get the hang of it, it does a great job of lengthening. Even though this isn't waterproof it stays on pretty much forever. Which is good and bad. I went on a cruise to the Bahamas recently so I wore this when swimming with dolphins and it stayed on! The only downside is it's very sticky and difficult to wash off and I think it made my eyelashes fall out :(
This mascara has given me more volume and length than anyone could ever image! Stays on throughout day and does not flake off. Nice, sleek packaging/design. This makes it easy to throw in your purse to carry around all day. I would say be careful with how many layers you put on. One layer is enough and a second could clump all of your eyelashes all together! Very affordable price and best mascara I’ve ever used! 10/10 would recommend!!!
I absolutely love mascaras from Maybelline however this one is a huuuge miss for me. The bristles on the wand are just odd and make it hard to get all your lashes. The shape of the wand makes it hard to get an even amount applied on your lashes. There’s too much product on the wand. This gets clumpy way too fast. The formula is very wet and gets messy so easily. This also will not come off your lashes no matter how hard you scrub them . I would not recommend
I was really excited to try this mascara, but it didn't meet my expectations. I will say that the color is very black (which I like), it completely coats my lashes, and provides a lot of length. However, it's a very wet formula and always clumps my lashes together. If I try to separate them and it just clumps them together even more. It also ends up all over my eyelid throughout the day. I'm not very impressed
Maybelline mascaras always have been and (probably) always will be my favorite mascaras! This one in particular is great because of the "u" shaped applicator, as it keeps a nice curl. I find the waterproof formula keeps the best curl, although I hate having to remove it at the end of the day (but that goes for any waterproof mascara). This mascara is both lengthening and volumizing- the perfect duo! I recommend :)
Q & A
What's the difference between the black bottle and the pink bottle?
Is it easy to take it off? And is it as good as the pink lash sensational?
Does your eyelashes clump?
I bought this to try for my first mascara...how do you get it off so you don't end up with black everywhere lol
Does this Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Luscious Waterproof Mascara flake or smear?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos