BY MAYBELLINE

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

The end result is a perfectly separated, defined and lengthened lash look. Patented lengthening formula defines and lengthens. Exclusive lash-catching mini-brush lengthens & defines. No clumps. No globs. Exclusive lash-catching mini-brush allows you to get to all of those hard to reach lashes - from corner to corner, root to tip & the bottom too. Contact lens safe. Hypoallergenic. Made in U.S.A. Application: For best results, apply mascara to lashes from the outside of the eye to the inside of the eye, sweeping brush slowly from root to tip. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or 100% oil-free eye makeup remover. WARNINGS: To safeguard Maybelline purity, reserve this product for you personal use. Treat the applicator with the hygienic care you give your eyes. Never apply this product in a moving vehicle. D. click this product to see full details

Maybelline Lash Discovery Washable Mascara
  • "This doesn't add much volume but packs a punch in length. It really finds every lash and lengthens them better then many of my high end mascaras that I own. I was very pleasantly surprised as my eye lashes haven't looked this long in forever. I love to switch up my mascaras but I always keep this on hand. " in 25 reviews
  • "My all-time favorite mascara to use. Lengthens and coats every lash, never gets clumpy and gives your eyes a wide awake look." in 16 reviews
  • " Xclusivo mini brush allows you to get attractive eyelashes lashes inaccessible - from corner to corner, root to tip and the bottom, too. Lengthens and defines lashes. No groups or balloons. Maybelline New York Lash Washable Mascara Discovery is the lens safe and hypoallergenic contact. washable; also available in waterproof formula." in 11 reviews
  • "I hadn't bought this mascara since I was in high school (a long time ago). Recently, I had had enough with big, fat mascara wands because I was constantly getting it all over my lids. So I decided to try the Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara. It's wonderful! I like to use the waterproof one on my lashes to hold the curl and then I apply a volumizing mascara over top. This mascara makes a great base for my lashes. It does a great job of separating and lengthening my lashes. It also does a great job of defining all my lower lashes, which I previously thought were scarce. Apparently I have more than I thought." in 9 reviews
  • "I love how this mascara defines my lashes without clumping them. It looks as if I have nothing on but my lashes are dark which is a look I like. The small thin brush is great for the lower lashes too. I tend to smudge mascara around my eyes with other brushes but not with this one." in 9 reviews
Kendall K.
Indiana
I saw that this mascara is now discontinued and I am not surprised. I had never tried a tiny wand before, so I picked this up out of curiosity. The application was very uneven and it made my lashes clumpy. It didn’t work on my bottom lashes either. Hard pass. 👎
Paige P.
I only use this masacara on my bottom lashes. The brush is really small and gets into every lash. I use my Lancome mascara on my top lashes. This is the perfect size brush for the bottom lashes.
Jennifer A.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
I don't know why Influenster says this mascara is discontinued, since it is still listed on Ulta (as of 2018). For a couple years this was my go-to bottom lash mascara, since the brush is tinier than average, and I have short lashes that are very hard to reach in the inner and outer corners of my under eye.

My usage was pretty begrudging because the formula on this is nothing to write home about. It gets really crispy really quickly. You can't work on both eyes at a time before re-dipping the wand, like I do with my upper lashes, you have to make sure one eye is perfect and have a metal lash comb handy to comb everything out because once it's dried, it will be crispy and flakey if you try to comb it out. It does not layer well, so don't try to get any additional length or volume from it, just expect some color and definition. I would NEVER use this on my top lashes. Also, it is a comparatively tiny wand, but it's not tapered, so it is still hard to get in the inner corner, and if it gets on your skin it is hard to get off even once it's dried.

Pros, it stands up to watery eyes (this is the non-waterproof formula I'm talking about), and doesn't smudge on me.

It's definitely overpriced in Maybelline's line. It's $7.99 (on Ulta) for .16 fl. oz.   MAYBELLINE® GREAT LASH® Washable Mascara is one of their cheapest mascaras, but that's $5.99 for .43 fl. oz.  Maybelline Volum' Express® The Colossal® Waterproof Mascara , one of their lighter by weight mascaras is $6.99 for .32 fl. oz.

Once, I found  Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara™ , it was over for me and Lash Discovery. Even though you get way way less product from Clinique (.07 fl. oz.), the tapered brush means I'm never getting mascara on my skin. The formula is far superior, flexible, layerable. The tube is compact, cute, and affordable (for Clinique, definitely not if you look at $/oz.). It doesn't smudge or flake. It's everything I could ask for in a bottom lash mascara. If you aren't quite satisfied with Lash Discovery, I highly recommend you take a look at the Clinique version.
Diana P.
Purchased at: Target
I really like this mascara for my bottom lashes. It makes them look longer. It’s long lasting. The wand is thin so it’s perfect to coat them. I only used it for my lower lashes, so I don’t know if it works good for my upper lashes.
Courtney N.
Geismar, LA
This mascara is perfect for my bottom lashes! It separates them and gives them length without looking clumpy! I bought this at Ulta because they always have sales in the drugstore section and you can use your coupons on it!
Jess M.
This was a holy grail product of mine for a long time. It lengthens and separates your top lashes but I love it most for lower lashes, especially if you don’t want to buy the expensive version from It Cosmetics
Lisa J.
Love how small the wand is. It gets all of the lashes on the bottom separated and full. Adds great volume and definition. It is a great value and much cheaper than high end mascaras with great quality.
Courtney T.
This mascara is such a drugstore hidden gem. It’s one of my favorites for my bottom lashes. The brush is super thin and really grabs onto and defines my baby lashes. Give it a try it’s so good.
Amy R.
Jacksonville, NC
This mascara if you wear false lashes. Anyone that wears falsies will tell you that you just need a little to coat your lashes and stamp them together with the false ones and this little wand does the trick. The small size of it makes it easy to really "get in there" without displacing your falsies. Alone, it's a decent mascara, it grabs every lash, making them very defined, but it doesn't give you out of this world length or volume. This is also a product I would recommend just to keep at all times for bottom lashes! You can really get them good and defined with this. My only complaint with this mascara is that it fades on me if I don't have at least a little eyeshadow on my lower lash line. I don't wear eyeliner so I can't speak to how it would hold up with that, but if I just sweep a little shadow on my lower lash line, this will stay in place all day. Even with that, I give it five stars because you can't beat the price!!!
Jane B.
Okay, so I have to say this. This is such an underrated mascara. It quite literally grabs ALL of your lashes, and defines them. I use this either on its own or in combination with another mascara for a little more volume. This little gem is only $6, and it is the perfect addition to any makeup bag. I also should add if you wear faux lashes a lot, this is a great mascara to use to swipe over your lashes before applying your falsies!
Tamara V.
Jalisco, México
Does this works? 😕😕😕👆🏼👆🏼
Sarai M.
Is this a good mascara to hold a curl?
Kianna N.
Ridgeland, SC
where can you buy this?
Taylor F.
Ojai , CA
Is the wand on this very small so I can be very precise with my application?
Sarai M.
Is this a good mascara to hold a curl?