Maybelline Lash Discovery Washable Mascara
The end result is a perfectly separated, defined and lengthened lash look. Patented lengthening formula defines and lengthens. Exclusive lash-catching mini-brush lengthens & defines. No clumps. No globs. Exclusive lash-catching mini-brush allows you to get to all of those hard to reach lashes - from corner to corner, root to tip & the bottom too. Contact lens safe. Hypoallergenic. Made in U.S.A. Application: For best results, apply mascara to lashes from the outside of the eye to the inside of the eye, sweeping brush slowly from root to tip. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or 100% oil-free eye makeup remover. WARNINGS: To safeguard Maybelline purity, reserve this product for you personal use. Treat the applicator with the hygienic care you give your eyes. Never apply this product in a moving vehicle. D. click this product to see full detailssee more...
Top Questions See all 18 Q&A
- "This doesn't add much volume but packs a punch in length. It really finds every lash and lengthens them better then many of my high end mascaras that I own. I was very pleasantly surprised as my eye lashes haven't looked this long in forever. I love to switch up my mascaras but I always keep this on hand. " in 25 reviews
- "My all-time favorite mascara to use. Lengthens and coats every lash, never gets clumpy and gives your eyes a wide awake look." in 16 reviews
- " Xclusivo mini brush allows you to get attractive eyelashes lashes inaccessible - from corner to corner, root to tip and the bottom, too. Lengthens and defines lashes. No groups or balloons. Maybelline New York Lash Washable Mascara Discovery is the lens safe and hypoallergenic contact. washable; also available in waterproof formula." in 11 reviews
- "I hadn't bought this mascara since I was in high school (a long time ago). Recently, I had had enough with big, fat mascara wands because I was constantly getting it all over my lids. So I decided to try the Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara. It's wonderful! I like to use the waterproof one on my lashes to hold the curl and then I apply a volumizing mascara over top. This mascara makes a great base for my lashes. It does a great job of separating and lengthening my lashes. It also does a great job of defining all my lower lashes, which I previously thought were scarce. Apparently I have more than I thought." in 9 reviews
- "I love how this mascara defines my lashes without clumping them. It looks as if I have nothing on but my lashes are dark which is a look I like. The small thin brush is great for the lower lashes too. I tend to smudge mascara around my eyes with other brushes but not with this one." in 9 reviews
My usage was pretty begrudging because the formula on this is nothing to write home about. It gets really crispy really quickly. You can't work on both eyes at a time before re-dipping the wand, like I do with my upper lashes, you have to make sure one eye is perfect and have a metal lash comb handy to comb everything out because once it's dried, it will be crispy and flakey if you try to comb it out. It does not layer well, so don't try to get any additional length or volume from it, just expect some color and definition. I would NEVER use this on my top lashes. Also, it is a comparatively tiny wand, but it's not tapered, so it is still hard to get in the inner corner, and if it gets on your skin it is hard to get off even once it's dried.
Pros, it stands up to watery eyes (this is the non-waterproof formula I'm talking about), and doesn't smudge on me.
It's definitely overpriced in Maybelline's line. It's $7.99 (on Ulta) for .16 fl. oz. Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara is one of their cheapest mascaras, but that's $5.99 for .43 fl. oz. Maybelline Volum' Express® The Colossal® Waterproof Mascara , one of their lighter by weight mascaras is $6.99 for .32 fl. oz.
Once, I found Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara™ , it was over for me and Lash Discovery. Even though you get way way less product from Clinique (.07 fl. oz.), the tapered brush means I'm never getting mascara on my skin. The formula is far superior, flexible, layerable. The tube is compact, cute, and affordable (for Clinique, definitely not if you look at $/oz.). It doesn't smudge or flake. It's everything I could ask for in a bottom lash mascara. If you aren't quite satisfied with Lash Discovery, I highly recommend you take a look at the Clinique version.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos