BY MAYBELLINE #6 in Concealer

• Does this concealer come in a variety of inclusive shades?1 Answers
Media (2044)
Aurora R.
Highland, CA
I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc.

I say this in order to grab the attention of my fellow makeup snobs: If you would never even consider Maybelline, this review is for you.

Bloggers have raved about this product for a while, but I never bothered to check it out until a close friend and fellow product snob suggested it. Here are my findings:

1. It applies like the Armani Maestro Eraser liquid undereye concealer. This is very very essential, for those of us who hate the 5th hour cakiness of cream concealers but also hate the weak coverage and creasing of most liquid attempts. This eraser goes on with the Maestro's same thin liquid texture, without sinking into lines at all, and without losing opacity as you blend.

2. It is at least 50% more opaque than the Maestro. I was pretty stunned. Anything that can go on with that consistency but have noticeably better coverage is doubletake worthy imo.

3. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. I typically skip clumsy applicators like that, but with this, I do 80% of my application with that sponge tip, and then just finish with a good concealer brush to set it and blend out the edges.

4. It doubles as a highlighter.
Jessica B.
Guys... this stuff changed my life.

I am not even being slightly dramatic about it. It's no secret that I am almost constantly sporting some gnarly dark circles under my eyes. And to make matters worse, I am pale as can be and if not properly covered, these dark circles look downright terrifying.

As someone who has a difficult time sleeping and who's body is much more keen on drinking coffee for energy rather than, you know, resting, I am going to be upfront that dark circles are my most constant companion.

So far, in my 10+ years wearing makeup, I've had virtually no luck in keeping these from showing up as harshly as they do. Concealers are hit or miss for me. But Maybelline knocked it out of the park with their Age Rewind formula.

It applies perfectly and is sleek. It doesn't cake. It brightens my under eyes and blurs away the dark circles. Best of all it's cheap, long lasting and there are a ton of colours to choose from. Best drugstore concealer and my ride or die.
Mylei Z.
Aurora, CO
I tend to get very dark circles under my eyes, and was looking for something to cover up/brighten them. I got this in the shade "Brightener".

PROS:
-Has a beautiful texture/consistancy that does not crease very easily. It's not creamy but it's also not too watery
-Brightens my eye area VERY well
-Covers my dark circles well
-Doubles as a highlight
-I did notice an improvement in my dark circles after using this product for several weeks
-Lasts a very long time; I bought this product over 5 months ago and I still have about 1/5 of the product left
-Did not irritate my eye area at all

CONS:
-A bit pricey for a drugstore concealer, but it's worth the price
-Comes with a sponge tip applicator, and I am not completely sure if this is sanitary

OVERALL:
On days when I get very little sleep or have allergies, my under eye area is VERY dark, and this concealer is not enough. On those days I put a heavier or neutralizing concealer on first, and then the Maybelline concealer goes on top. This concealer is still fantastic on an every day basis, or for people who don't have freakishly dark circles like I do. Once I finish the product I will definitely buy another.
chelsea j.
PLAQUEMINE
Review for: Tan, Hazelnut more...

4. It doubles as a highlighter.
Simone B.
Myrtle Beach, SC
I've been using this for years! It is great for dark circles under the eyes. The sponge applicator is very handy and helps the concealer cover that delicate area. This will always be in my makeup bag!
Miranda M.
When I first bought and tried this product, I did not like it at all. Several months later, I found this in my makeup kit and decided to try it again. I loved it! I realized the reason why I didn't like it at first was because of the way I was applying it. The application process greatly influences how the product will look on your face. When I first tried the product, I put A LOT underneath my eyes and blended with my fingers. Big mistake! I found that when I applied a lot of this product under my eyes, it made my fine lines very noticeable. When I tried this product for the second time, I applied a lot less product farther down from my eyes. I took a damp sponge and blended the product, working upwards. I find that when you apply the product farther down from your eyes and work up, fine lines won't be noticeable because it's not settling into those creases. I applied the product underneath where my eyesocket ends, or about an inch under my bottom lash line. I would say the concealer is light/medium-buildable coverage. It did make my dark circles less noticeable, but it didn't completely "erase" them. If you're looking for a heavy duty concealer, this is not the one for you. The coverage is good for someone who doesn't have severe dark circles. I also wouldn't say it's an eye "treatment." Although it claims to have some beneficial ingredients as an eye treatment would, I couldn't notice a difference in my skin quality. My main complaints about this product are the twisting mechanism used to dispense the product and the sponge. Even when you're done with the product, a lot of product is wasted because it dries up in the sponge, and you can see product leftover on the twisting mechanism. It's a great product for light/medium coverage, but I'm giving it a B, borderline C, because it doesn't "erase" dark circles; it's not a treatment; and a lot of product is wasted.

*** Notes: This product's applicator sponge is not suitable for blending. If you try to use the applicator sponge to blend, it will be a huge mess. To blend, I use a damp sponge or the "expert face brush" from Real Techniques.
Jessica W.
Tampa, FL
Review for: Fair more...
Okay, listen up. This concealer right here is the best thing I've used since being exposed to an eyelash curler. I have an olive skin tone with very red cheeks that makes it extremely difficult to match with any sort of concealer besides mixing two together. To be honest, I should be tan as any standard Hawaiian but I like to hide indoors despite the fact I live in Florida. Regardless, this is the best thing I've ever used. The ONLY negative is the small creases I get from my bottom lid if I don't blend it properly. I used to use a foundation and concealer all over my face and now I just use this little wand to tap my chin, forehead and under eyes. My goal was to use less make up to get nicer skin and I hit the jackpot. I wear about half the face I usually do as i only do my lashes and brows besides. Most people think I'm not wearing makeup and ask me what I use (I work in a store that has skincare) which is an amazing feeling. As before, I said that I have red cheeks and its actually the reason I don't like going out without my face on. This makes me feel amazing. Basically, yes. Do it. Buy it. You'll love it and it'll stay on your face for an entire plane flight, a nap, or a car ride without A/C. Trust. Me.
Jamie R.
Whitwell
Review for: Light, Neutralizer more...
This is such a good cheap concealer to have around, especially if your under eye circles are not extremely dark. I feel like if you had extreme dark circles it might not be completely effective without a corrector underneath.

I'm a makeup junkie that doesn't buy many drugstore items because I just seem to get better results with higher end stuff. This is the exception to that rule, though. I don't wear it all the time and I removed the little ball applicator because it didn't seem sanitary.  I prefer a creamy but not greasy concealer for my undereye and I find this to be the perfect consistency when used over a good silicone based primer. It always blends out flawlessly with a damp beauty blender, never patchy or streaky.

I usually set with kat von d baking powder or nyx mineral powder and it doesn't budge, even in the heat.
ida a.
its so effective and ilove this product somuch i hope i can  have this again ilove this concealer i use it every time when i go to school i use this for my simple makeup so that my blemishes and pimples
aswani k.
its a good product i had ever used ,me my frnds are all using it.easy to apply and it cover all darkcircles its good product
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this good for young people too?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you currently use this product...will you repurchase when the time comes?
Louisse T.
Daly city, CA
Where else to find it other than walgreens?
Deidre C.
Brampton, ON
Is this good for people with dry skin?
Annie S.
Hamilton
What's your favorite brand of concealer you like to use?