Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer
This super-concentrated treatment concealer features a micro-corrector applicator to help instantly erase dark circles and fine lines.see more...
Top Questions See all 7,989 Q&A
- "this really helped my under eye dark circles! it brightened my under eye beautifully. the only thing i don't like is the sponge applicator. i feel i lose product that way, but not enough that it will stop me from using this wonderful product!" in 6171 reviews
- "i’ve used it a couple of times when i have dark circles that i know for sure can’t be concealed with foundation or powder alone. i loved it definitely made my under eyes look brighter and less tired looking. a good affordable concealer that does the job." in 1189 reviews
- "this concealer is amazing full coverage and very lightweight and natural . i love this concealer i hate the sponge tip because it’s not sanitary for me and for what i like but that doesn’t bother me if the product is amazing and very nice to work with . very smooth and soft on the face ." in 920 reviews
I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc.
I say this in order to grab the attention of my fellow makeup snobs: If you would never even consider Maybelline, this review is for you.
Bloggers have raved about this product for a while, but I never bothered to check it out until a close friend and fellow product snob suggested it. Here are my findings:
1. It applies like the Armani Maestro Eraser liquid undereye concealer. This is very very essential, for those of us who hate the 5th hour cakiness of cream concealers but also hate the weak coverage and creasing of most liquid attempts. This eraser goes on with the Maestro's same thin liquid texture, without sinking into lines at all, and without losing opacity as you blend.
2. It is at least 50% more opaque than the Maestro. I was pretty stunned. Anything that can go on with that consistency but have noticeably better coverage is doubletake worthy imo.
3. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. I typically skip clumsy applicators like that, but with this, I do 80% of my application with that sponge tip, and then just finish with a good concealer brush to set it and blend out the edges.
4. It doubles as a highlighter.
With the discount I think I ended up paying about $16 which is a great deal. I usually use Tarte Shape Tape but thought I would try this out.
So, application is pretty straightforward. You literally dab the sponge applicator to the area under the eye, and then when you have the desired amount stop pressing and gently pat it in.
You will immediately see coverage, more a medium buildable look vs. full coverage and cakey. It was very light. No crepey affect or caking which is good as under the eyes for a woman my age is a delicate balance of covering but no exacerbating lines.
Stayed put and blended very well. Colors aren’t a great match on my skin....very warm, and I’m more a sallow color. However a really good inexpensive dupe, definitely worth a shot
The product feeds up into a sponge applicator that one presses against the skin to apply, I admit I am very concerned with the long term hygiene of this method and will probably try cleaning it with alcohol over time. It is also very imprecise so I apply product and then tap it where I need it. A little goes a long way! There’s a tiny plastic cap that covers the sponge applicator, I am not sure if it’s just to protect it or if it will dry out, and it seems easy to lose or break
I have dry skin and a bit oily on my forehead. I put the concealer under my eyes and it kind of attached to my dry patches so that’s one reason why I did not like this product. But overall it is an ok product. I would recommend this product for my people who have oily skin instead of dry skin. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos