Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment ConcealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY MAYBELLINE #9 in Concealer

This super-concentrated treatment concealer features a micro-corrector applicator to help instantly erase dark circles and fine lines.

Tiffanie K.
Valdosta, GA
Review for: Fair
As a concealer, this works fine if you need light-medium coverage and it is lightweight and slightly dewy upon application (which I like). After application, I set the concealer with my e.l.f. undereye setting powder.

However, I gave this product a low rating because it claims to be a dark circle eraser and depending on how much darkness you have on your undereye-area this isn't going to provide enough coverage. For me, this blurs out my undereye-area and it looks fine but I would really like more coverage.

I'm on my second container of this product, and I will not be repurchasing once this one runs out. The shade range isn't great. I have the lightest shade and it's basically the same color as my skin tone, so it's not brightening. This product also runs cooler so it's a little too pinky-toned for me if I build it up.

I've repurchased this item because it's not terrible, but I no longer wear foundation (just primer and concealer as a base) so I want something that fully conceals and brightens.
Aileen H.
Windsor Mill, MD
Review for: Light, Brightener 60
The sponge tip glides smoothly onto your skin, helping to deposit the concealer where needed. The downside, it can’t be used for blending. To get a good blend, you will need a sponge or a brush. Twisting the product up can be a bit tricky, sometimes a bit too much can flow out. The applicator tip is anti-microbial, so no need to wash it. I like to apply it directly from the tube under my eye area in a triangular shape and later blend it with my damp beauty blender. The Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Brightener & Concealer from Maybelline is possibly the best drugstore concealer I have tried to date!! The formula is great, and it's super easy to blend. The product itself is very hydrating and creamy. It's not too thick or chalky. It literally blends on to the skin very smoothly, immediately covering any blemishes flawlessly! It has super strong pigmentation, so it literally covers EVERYTHING! I like to use my damp beauty blender to blend the product but you can use your fingers and it will work just as well. It has a really interesting consistency, It's thin, easily blendable and dries to a powder finish. The concealer provides a bit more coverage than medium, and slightly less than full. Once it sets, it doesn’t move! I also love that it lasts all day long without any creasing,  You only need a small amount and you set for the day or night! I highly recommend moisturizing or applying a face primer first to give a little slip to your skin so the concealer will blend easier and yield a more natural finish.
Jill K.
Lutz, FL
Review for: Medium, Neutralizer, Brightener 60
I have been using Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer for years! I am shade medium and it matches me pretty well. I personally like to add a touch of my foundation to it and mix it to really perfect the shade. The coverage is very good and I have some pretty dark under eye circles. I'm not a fan of drug store makeup to be honest, but this my all time favorite concealer. I have tried probably 50 different concealers over the last 10 years for my dark circles. I have every shade of color corrector, peach, red, green, yellow, orange. I have taken makeup classes from professional MUAs. I have watched hundreds of Youtube videos for under eye concealers tutorials and reviews. Instant Age Rewind is still my go to! Now, as far as the shades "brightner" and "neutralizer", I didn't love those shades for my skin tone. I'm far too dark to wear those shades but I can see it working well with fair skin.
Alex S.
CA
Review for: Fair
This is a product that I enjoyed when I was first getting into makeup, but as I've discovered and tested new products, I've realized that this isn't all that great. It's not terrible, but there are so many better options in the same price range. First of all, the color. I have a fair skin tone with a neutral undertone, and there isn't one color in the line that suits me. The only shade that is light enough, which is called Fair, is incredibly pink. I don't know why so many drugstore brands make their lightest concealer shades super cool toned, but the fact is, it doesn't flatter me at all, and I really wish they would have come out with more colors, especially as this has grown more popular over time. A bigger problem is the way that it wears. The coverage is nice, as is the finish, and the product blends out easily with both a damp sponge and a finger, although I have not tried it with a brush, so I can't vouch for that. But it throughout the day, it looks progressively worse. I don't have very oily or very dry skin. It's close to in between; I would describe it as normal to dry. But this breaks up so badly on my skin and looks almost crackly or crusty. It settles into the fine lines under my eyes, which aren't even very intense, so I can't imagine how bad it could be on mature skin. So while this looks quite nice in the short term, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants something easy and no-fuss.
Jessica G.
Corpus Christi
I love this concealer. The sponge applicator is antibacterial first of all. It is super easy to use, twist until product soaks into the tip of sponge and you are good to go. I use this in conjunction with MAC concealers and honestly this anti-age concealer has me using it alone most days. It does not soak into my creases or fine lines. I can also use it as a creamy pre-highlighter. I set it with my Nars setting powder and i am good for at least 8 hours without having to touch up. It actually goes from looking good to fabulous the longer you wear it. I know, that doesn't make sense but its true. I will be ready to wash my face at the end of a long and busy day to look up at my bathroom mirror and think to myself, 'do I have any more errands to run?' 😁
Sarah G.
Katy
Beauty Junkie Expert
OMG! This is hands down amazing!!! I have been using this concealer for years and love it. I try others and always go back to it. You can’t beat the price and it competes with so many others. I use the brightening one versus my skin tone or the correcting shade. It covers my dark circles, which on some days are worse than others, and it leaves my under eye looking bright and awake and so smooth. It pairs well with every foundation I’ve ever used and sets well with powder. I also use it for highlighting as well. I always have an extra under my sink. The application is very soft and it’s easy to apply. You just can’t beat this for the price.
Rebecca V.
Coeur d'Alene
Review for: Light
Let me start by saying: I have no idea why this is a sponge applicator. This seems like a terrible idea in general. Twisting up the product to get the right amount it tricky, the sponge is useless for blending, and the sponge makes it useless for spot concealing as it applies to too large a surface area.

The product itself creases no matter how I use it. With a powder, without a powder, doesn't matter. It actually makes lines more noticeable and makes my skin look dry. It does nothing to cover dark circles under the eyes, and is very streaky. My foundation by itself looks better than this. The more I apply, the lighter the coverage seems.

The shade range is terrible, all of it is very yellow and if you have dark skin, forget about it. That alone makes this not worth buying.  I've heard a lot about this product and really wanted to like it, but I suspect that the only people saying good things are one with either a very different skin type than mine or those with very good skin.

I will not buy again and would not recommend.
Emily H.
Lakeland, FL
Review for: Fair
you know that you're getting old when you get this as a birthday gift 😑. So I've tried several raccoon eye covers... These can dampen a face no matter what else you do to it. My eyes seem to be pretty consistently black now ...one eye more that the other 🤔 so I was rather excited to get this maybelline one. 1) as for the actual design of the applicator, they got it spot on. Best one I've experienced. It had a twist feature to let out more consealer on to the sponge so that you never get too much or too little 2) the actual product: unfortunately my eyes didn't pull a Cinderella move and become fabulous.... But ill take the improvement that I did have. The product wasnt as thin and easy to run or rub off during the day which also set it above other products (in a huge way 👏🏆)

So overall this is the best product that I've tried among the plethora for my raccoon eyes, but still not a Cinderella story
Dana M.
Chicago
Review for: Fair
I almost /never/ use makeup on my skin that I purchased from a drugstore, but after I saw bloggers and reviewers using this product I had to get my hands on it. OMG I was not disappointed!

This stuff is amazing because it is pigmented and effective, but it goes on THIN. It's such a perfect consistency for concealer, because it applies easily, and it dries so smooth and skin-like. It does a fantastic job for under-eye darkness, and it can also be used as a liquid highlight. Honestly, I've even used it as a foundation before (wouldn't necessarily recommend - it's a bit too sheer for that).

The only reason I'm giving this product 4 stars out of 5 is because it runs out so quickly! If you use as much highlight under your eyes as I do, it will last you a month if you're lucky. The good news is, it's super inexpensive so replenishing your supply is never too painful.
Cassie C.
Review for: Light
I really love the applicator for this product. That's my favorite part of it. I wish more under eye concealers were like this. It's a soft applicator and the makeup itself is also soft and creamy. It's super easy to blend. The only thing I do not like about this is the fact that there aren't many color options for people of darker skin tones. I am of a medium skin tone so it worked out for me but darker people, like my family members and many friends want to try this product but cannot. I got this at CVS and I used it as part of my prom makeup.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this good for young people too?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you currently use this product...will you repurchase when the time comes?
Louisse T.
Daly City, CA
Where else to find it other than walgreens?
Deidre C.
Brampton, ON
Is this good for people with dry skin?
Annie S.
Hamilton
What's your favorite brand of concealer you like to use?