Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment ConcealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner
6 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #6 in Concealer

This super-concentrated treatment concealer features a micro-corrector applicator to help instantly erase dark circles and fine lines.

• If you currently use this product...will you repurchase when the ti...197 Answers
  • Is this good for young people too?252 Answers
  • I am in the market for a concealer.  I'm fairly new to the face mak...9 Answers
Aurora R.
Aurora R.
Highland, CA
I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc.

I say this in order to grab the attention of my fellow makeup snobs: If you would never even consider Maybelline, this review is for you.

Bloggers have raved about this product for a while, but I never bothered to check it out until a close friend and fellow product snob suggested it. Here are my findings:

1. It applies like the Armani Maestro Eraser liquid undereye concealer. This is very very essential, for those of us who hate the 5th hour cakiness of cream concealers but also hate the weak coverage and creasing of most liquid attempts. This eraser goes on with the Maestro's same thin liquid texture, without sinking into lines at all, and without losing opacity as you blend.

2. It is at least 50% more opaque than the Maestro. I was pretty stunned. Anything that can go on with that consistency but have noticeably better coverage is doubletake worthy imo.

3. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. I typically skip clumsy applicators like that, but with this, I do 80% of my application with that sponge tip, and then just finish with a good concealer brush to set it and blend out the edges.

4. It doubles as a highlighter.
Maham S.
Maham S.
Richmond, VA
I so wanted to like this product! I bought it from Walmart upon recommendation from a friend. I was in search of a good concealer that would cover up my under-eye circles, and my friend had nothing but good things to say about the Age Rewind Concealer.

So I bought it. It cost me around $8 - $9.
Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. To begin with, there are not enough shade choices, and the 'Medium' that I purchased looked gray and ashy on my skin tone. My friend let me try her shade - I believe it was called Honey - and it also did not match me. None of the other shades are close to my complexion, so that was disheartening.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of the sponge on top of the product. I prefer application with a beauty blender or makeup brush over the sponge on the product.

If you can find your proper shade, I say give the product a shot. The consistency is nice and coverage is good. Break off the sponge part if it doesn't suit you - it'll look weird, but the product will come out just fine.
Brianne R.
Brianne R.
I was skeptical but tried this after seeing one of my favorite YouTubers, Rachhloves, use it in many of her tutorials. Her fair skin tone is similar to mine, and we have similar dark circles.

I was dubious of the thin consistency of this concealer, but I think its thinness is why it works. It allows for building light layers of just enough product. It's hard to overdo it, so it doesn't get cakey.

Per the YouTube tutorials, I purchased this in three shades: Neutralizer, my concealer shade (Fair), and Brightener. Applying the Neutralizer reduced my dark circles considerably, then I topped that with a tiny bit of Fair and blended. Adding a bit of Brightener in the inner corners and a touch on the brow bone made my whole eye area look more awake. Yes it's more steps, but my dark circles were completely gone, which almost never happens!

I love that these concealers contain skin nourishing ingredients so they're moisturizing, too. When set lightly with powder it lasted all day.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Guys... this stuff changed my life.

I am not even being slightly dramatic about it. It's no secret that I am almost constantly sporting some gnarly dark circles under my eyes. And to make matters worse, I am pale as can be and if not properly covered, these dark circles look downright terrifying.

As someone who has a difficult time sleeping and who's body is much more keen on drinking coffee for energy rather than, you know, resting, I am going to be upfront that dark circles are my most constant companion.

So far, in my 10+ years wearing makeup, I've had virtually no luck in keeping these from showing up as harshly as they do. Concealers are hit or miss for me. But Maybelline knocked it out of the park with their Age Rewind formula.

It applies perfectly and is sleek. It doesn't cake. It brightens my under eyes and blurs away the dark circles. Best of all it's cheap, long lasting and there are a ton of colours to choose from. Best drugstore concealer and my ride or die.
Dionne G.
Dionne G.
Rochester, MI
This is a staple in my makeup arsenal. I use the Brightener to hide dark circles and lighten the under eye area. It's important to properly prep before applying any concealer, so I use a quality moisturizer first and let my skin absorb it for 5-10 mins while I go about my morning routine. I then use the sponge applicator to lightly dab the concealer under the eye and on the bridge of my nose where I have a few small sun spots. IMPORTANT: I let that sit for 5 mins before doing any blending as this is a tried and true method of applying this concealer for maximum impact and to prevent settling into lines. When it's time to blend, I use my ring finger and lightly tap the concealer into the skin or I use my Sephora pro concealer brush. This product works very well for me (I am 43 with light to medium skin tone and have never used fillers of any type tho I am certainly not opposed to it) and I recommend giving it a go as for the price I find this to be a sincere bargain.
Kathryn P.
Kathryn P.
This is a wonderful concealer at an affordable price. I have this concealer in both the fair shade and the brightening one. The brightening version is a tad bit too pink for my very fair skin with warm undertones. The pink does help to brighten though. Typically, I use the brightening one as a color corrector to hide any darkness under my eyes. The fair one I use to highlight under my eyes once my foundation has been laid down. Some people have complained about the sponge tip applicator but I quite like it as I don't have to get more product on my hands while applying my makeup. I usually use the sponge tip to apply the product and then I use a beauty blender to blend it into my skin. It's not too thick or too thin. The coverage is great and it lasts throughout my day quite nicely. Overall, if I weren't addicted to Tarte's Shape Tape, I'd be using this more often. It is in my rotation of Concealers. In fact, I'm just about out and need to repurchase soon!!
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
One of THE best concealers that I have tried! (and I have tried ALOT!) It's the only product that truly does what it's supposed to and the coverage lasts. I am fair skin toned with combination type skin and often times have a difficult time finding just the right color match, but not with this Maybelline product. I thought that great, long-lasting coverage only came from high-end (and expensive) concealers, but was wrong! My daughter introduced me to this product (like, two years ago) and it's the only one I've bought since. The price is right and is my go to make up when I don't feel like putting on my whole face. Wearing just this is sufficient. I have found this concealer extremely effective in covering up my adult cystic acne which, if you suffer from, know how much of a pain in the neck that can be! If you're looking for the "it" concealer and/or have tried amany various brands (like I have!) then consider your search to be over!
Fabbie E.
Fabbie E.

I have tried so many concealers, high end and drugstore and I keep coming back to this one. I'm 44 and I'm getting wrinkles under my eyes, and this is the ONLY concealer that I can get to not look cakey or settle into those lines. I put it on, blend it out with my finger (it's a very thin formula, so it blends easily), set it with powder and forget it. At the end of the day, it still looks just applied. I'm not a big fan of the puffy ball applicator, I'd like to be able to have a little more precision at times and that big ol' ball makes that impossible. However, that is a small complaint for an otherwise great product. I've repurchased this so many times. I have the brightener version and fair....the brightener is very pink toned, I have cool undertones, and I don't care for how pink it is, although I can make it work. However, I typically just buy fair and it still brightens my under eye area.
Sada D.
Sada D.
Prescott Vly, AZ
Review for: Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, Brightener 60, 0.2-fluid Ounce
When I first tried this concealer, I thought it was going to be my holy grail dark circle solution. The coverage is fantastic without being cakey, the shade range is quite good for a drugstore brand, and it brightens without being sparkly or giving crazy flash-back in photos. It was the perfect concealer, until it wasn't. After about a month and a half of use, I started to notice a tingly/burning sensation when I applied the concealer. Since it's supposed to be a treatment in addition to a cosmetic, I initially chalked that up to the treatment effects. However, with continued use, the burning became more and more pronounced, and I started to notice puffiness and redness after applying. Unfortunately, I have to assume I'm sensitive to an ingredient in this formula, and I've discontinued use and am again on the hunt for a fantastic dark circle concealer from the drugstore.
Camille V.
Camille V.
It's almost rare these days for me to return to the same products. I'm always never satisfied and move on to looking for something better. I stopped looking for concealer when I found this! I only wear it in the color Neutralizer and put it under my eyes in a triangle up to my temples, my chin and the bridge of my nose up to the middle of my forehead. I use a regular cosmetic sponge to blend it in and go over the places I didn't directly put it on. It's so nice and creamy and easy to blend. There have been times where I use this alone- no foundation and just my bronzer and setting powder. It gives my face a fresh look when I don't feel like looking over done. Over all I highly recommend this product. I would try to avoid being too rough with the applicator as it can (rarely) come off. Use another tool to blend product in, not the applicator.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this good for young people too?
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you currently use this product...will you repurchase when the time comes?
Louisse T.
Louisse T.
Daly city, CA
Where else to find it other than walgreens?
Deidre C.
Deidre C.
brampton, ['', '', '']
Is this good for people with dry skin?
Annie S.
Annie S.
Hamilton
What's your favorite brand of concealer you like to use?