Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment ConcealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY MAYBELLINE #4 in Concealer

This super-concentrated treatment concealer features a micro-corrector applicator to help instantly erase dark circles and fine lines.

Aurora R.
Highland, CA
I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc.

I say this in order to grab the attention of my fellow makeup snobs: If you would never even consider Maybelline, this review is for you.

Bloggers have raved about this product for a while, but I never bothered to check it out until a close friend and fellow product snob suggested it. Here are my findings:

1. It applies like the Armani Maestro Eraser liquid undereye concealer. This is very very essential, for those of us who hate the 5th hour cakiness of cream concealers but also hate the weak coverage and creasing of most liquid attempts. This eraser goes on with the Maestro's same thin liquid texture, without sinking into lines at all, and without losing opacity as you blend.

2. It is at least 50% more opaque than the Maestro. I was pretty stunned. Anything that can go on with that consistency but have noticeably better coverage is doubletake worthy imo.

3. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. I typically skip clumsy applicators like that, but with this, I do 80% of my application with that sponge tip, and then just finish with a good concealer brush to set it and blend out the edges.

4. It doubles as a highlighter.
Maham S.
Richmond, VA
I so wanted to like this product! I bought it from Walmart upon recommendation from a friend. I was in search of a good concealer that would cover up my under-eye circles, and my friend had nothing but good things to say about the Age Rewind Concealer.

So I bought it. It cost me around $8 - $9.
Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. To begin with, there are not enough shade choices, and the 'Medium' that I purchased looked gray and ashy on my skin tone. My friend let me try her shade - I believe it was called Honey - and it also did not match me. None of the other shades are close to my complexion, so that was disheartening.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of the sponge on top of the product. I prefer application with a beauty blender or makeup brush over the sponge on the product.

If you can find your proper shade, I say give the product a shot. The consistency is nice and coverage is good. Break off the sponge part if it doesn't suit you - it'll look weird, but the product will come out just fine.
Brianne R.
I was skeptical but tried this after seeing one of my favorite YouTubers, Rachhloves, use it in many of her tutorials. Her fair skin tone is similar to mine, and we have similar dark circles.

I was dubious of the thin consistency of this concealer, but I think its thinness is why it works. It allows for building light layers of just enough product. It's hard to overdo it, so it doesn't get cakey.

Per the YouTube tutorials, I purchased this in three shades: Neutralizer, my concealer shade (Fair), and Brightener. Applying the Neutralizer reduced my dark circles considerably, then I topped that with a tiny bit of Fair and blended. Adding a bit of Brightener in the inner corners and a touch on the brow bone made my whole eye area look more awake. Yes it's more steps, but my dark circles were completely gone, which almost never happens!

I love that these concealers contain skin nourishing ingredients so they're moisturizing, too. When set lightly with powder it lasted all day.
Jessica B.
Guys... this stuff changed my life.

I am not even being slightly dramatic about it. It's no secret that I am almost constantly sporting some gnarly dark circles under my eyes. And to make matters worse, I am pale as can be and if not properly covered, these dark circles look downright terrifying.

As someone who has a difficult time sleeping and who's body is much more keen on drinking coffee for energy rather than, you know, resting, I am going to be upfront that dark circles are my most constant companion.

So far, in my 10+ years wearing makeup, I've had virtually no luck in keeping these from showing up as harshly as they do. Concealers are hit or miss for me. But Maybelline knocked it out of the park with their Age Rewind formula.

It applies perfectly and is sleek. It doesn't cake. It brightens my under eyes and blurs away the dark circles. Best of all it's cheap, long lasting and there are a ton of colours to choose from. Best drugstore concealer and my ride or die.
Dionne G.
Rochester, MI
This is a staple in my makeup arsenal. I use the Brightener to hide dark circles and lighten the under eye area. It's important to properly prep before applying any concealer, so I use a quality moisturizer first and let my skin absorb it for 5-10 mins while I go about my morning routine. I then use the sponge applicator to lightly dab the concealer under the eye and on the bridge of my nose where I have a few small sun spots. IMPORTANT: I let that sit for 5 mins before doing any blending as this is a tried and true method of applying this concealer for maximum impact and to prevent settling into lines. When it's time to blend, I use my ring finger and lightly tap the concealer into the skin or I use my Sephora pro concealer brush. This product works very well for me (I am 43 with light to medium skin tone and have never used fillers of any type tho I am certainly not opposed to it) and I recommend giving it a go as for the price I find this to be a sincere bargain.
Kathryn P.
This is a wonderful concealer at an affordable price. I have this concealer in both the fair shade and the brightening one. The brightening version is a tad bit too pink for my very fair skin with warm undertones. The pink does help to brighten though. Typically, I use the brightening one as a color corrector to hide any darkness under my eyes. The fair one I use to highlight under my eyes once my foundation has been laid down. Some people have complained about the sponge tip applicator but I quite like it as I don't have to get more product on my hands while applying my makeup. I usually use the sponge tip to apply the product and then I use a beauty blender to blend it into my skin. It's not too thick or too thin. The coverage is great and it lasts throughout my day quite nicely. Overall, if I weren't addicted to Tarte's Shape Tape, I'd be using this more often. It is in my rotation of Concealers. In fact, I'm just about out and need to repurchase soon!!
Camille V.
It's almost rare these days for me to return to the same products. I'm always never satisfied and move on to looking for something better. I stopped looking for concealer when I found this! I only wear it in the color Neutralizer and put it under my eyes in a triangle up to my temples, my chin and the bridge of my nose up to the middle of my forehead. I use a regular cosmetic sponge to blend it in and go over the places I didn't directly put it on. It's so nice and creamy and easy to blend. There have been times where I use this alone- no foundation and just my bronzer and setting powder. It gives my face a fresh look when I don't feel like looking over done. Over all I highly recommend this product. I would try to avoid being too rough with the applicator as it can (rarely) come off. Use another tool to blend product in, not the applicator.
Taryn B.
Kennett Sq, PA
I really wanted to love this product but I have to say I was highly upset with the results. First off, the packaging is extemely hard to navigate. You have to twist and many times it took me almost 5-10 twists for even a pea sized amount of product to come out. Next, the applicater is really harsh on skin. It left my skin irriatated and ichy when I usually have no problems. However, it's biggest offense is no coverage. This product just went into my wrinkle lines. It made my opcombo skin look dry and dead. Some of my friends actually said my under-eye circles stood out more! It was awful. After hearing such great reviews I am really sad to wastw my money. Not all maybelline products are bad: but now I might be going to Loreal. This product was a horridenous experi ce and sadly, I would tell anyone and everyone to stay clear of it.
ERIN P.
Birmingham, AL
Ok, so let me preface this by saying that I typically fair skin and suffer tremendously with pretty major dark circles. I bought this after seeing so many rave reviews about its coverage. Yes it is very blendable, yes it covers some of my darkness... however, if you have serious dark circles with dryness in the under eye area I wouldn't use this product. I find it accentuated the hollowness and setting it was a nightmare it caked up like nothing I've ever seen. I set it with my Laura Mercier translucent powder, so I'm not sure if this was a bad combination between these products. I do not get cakiness if I do not set this concealer, but this leads to the problem of it moving around after a few hours. It's just ok for me and I'm still looking for that perfect dark circle concealer. Any recommendations would be welcome, lol.
Kayla B.
Brooklyn, NY
I am not the best at doing my makeup, I rarely wear it, but when I do I usually wear this as my concealer. I probably use canceler once a month for big nights, but it never comes out right for me. This is the only concealer I have ever used, my friend who typically does my makeup also uses this for her and for me, and she is a big fan of makeup, high end and drugstore, and this still remains to be a staple product for her. Pretty affordable, I have had mine forever, and its the mini one. Gives me pretty good coverage, I do not really have anything to compare it to, like I said I rarely use makeup. When I use it, it sometime doesn't come out right, but when my friend uses it one me, always comes out great, so maybe it is my lack of skill. I guess I would buy the product again.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this good for young people too?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you currently use this product...will you repurchase when the time comes?
Louisse T.
Daly City, CA
Where else to find it other than walgreens?
Deidre C.
Brampton, ON
Is this good for people with dry skin?
Annie S.
Hamilton
What's your favorite brand of concealer you like to use?