BY MAYBELLINE

After 40 years, Great Lash is still America’s favorite mascara. Lash-Doubling Formula glides on to build great-looking lashes.

Petroleum Distillates, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Carnauba Wax, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ceresin, Beeswax, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyldimethicone, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Wheat Germ Oil

May Contain:

CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.)

• Which one is your favorite mascara , I like this one for ...5 Answers
  • What's the best method for removing a waterproof mascara?25 Answers
  • what do you think about the quality?5 Answers
Maybelline Great Lash® Waterproof Mascara
  • "I only buy waterproof mascara - because I tend to smudge my eye makeup by the end of the day. With the right product, it is easy to remove. I especially appreciate that this mascara is waterproof when I work out and sweat, and during the summer, when I want to swim. This was one of my necessary items in my makeup bag when I got married! I definitely shed some tears that day, and did not want my eye makeup to smudge. :)" in 273 reviews
  • "I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. The brush is perfect for both length and volume! It's also very inexpensive. This mascara elongate your eyelashes and holds them up! I will keep on using this mascara! I recommended it to everyone!!" in 116 reviews
  • "I wore this all the time for dance and it was definitely long lasting! I wore it during a friends wedding as well and even though some tears were shed it did not smear and did not have to be reapplied!" in 50 reviews
  • "The mascara is simply great and it last long, it specially works on the bottom lashes and gives them a lot of volume it is better than high brand mascaras!!" in 6 reviews
Kyndall M.
Sidney, NE
This mascara is amazing!! Even though it’s a drugstore mascara, I always find myself buying this one over high end. This mascara never clumps and it stays good for a really long time! There’s also a lot of product in the tube
Lindsey D.
Kiln, MS
Review for: Very Black more...
This was probably the very first mascara I ever owned. We never really know a lot when we first start using makeup. It made me look like I actually had eyelashes and when I was a teenager, I was happy with that. In reality, it didn't provide my lashes with the length and the volume I wanted so I decided to switch to a different product. It also made my eyelashes super brittle and crunchy. My eyelashes fell out so much when I removed my eye makeup. Overall, would not recommend.
Kristy G.
West Palm Bch, FL
This mascara is just a classic. I'm pretty sure as a teenager this was the first mascara I ever owned, and I still have it in my makeup bag to this day. The bristles on a brush are spread out so it covers every lash and provides amazing length. The only downside to this mascara, is that it does not really provide as much as volume as I would like it to, which is why I didn't give it 5 stars. But the length I get from it is unbeatable for a drugstore mascara.
Lisa L.
Mays Landing, NJ
Review for: Very Black more...
I used to use this in high school. I recently purchased it again after some frustration with drug store mascaras. I LOVE the Sephora curling mascara (In the black spiral tube) but I am not always close to Sephora and it isnt great for lower lashes. This Maybelline classic is a basic good mascara. it doesn't clump. Doesn't give fullness but is pretty good at it's age! HA! IT"S A MUST FOR LOWER LASHES. I use the curved brush and use the outer bend of the brush to get to my smaller lashes. it is the ONLY thing to use on lower lashes. Yes, be careful as it can smudge during application but use a little q tip to wipe off if it gets under your eyes. I dont really know why, but this is the ONLY mascara I've had beautiful results for my lower lashes. It does work well for upper lashes too, you have to work at it and brush it more than some mascaras. It's still a good stand by. I haven't found the wow I am looking for for the upper lashes, but the Sephora one comes close but not always convenient to get if not near a store.
Melanie B.
USA
For an inexpensive or beginner mascara, look no further! This waterproof mascara glides on without clumping. Allow the application to dry, and apply another until your lashes are as full as you'd like. If you notice a clumping issue, just warn the bottle in your hands. And, if you're not getting the desired fullness or length, add a little powder to your lashes between applications. Great value for the price.
Shyanne G.
Review for: Very Black more...
This Mascara is okay and I mean just okay. If you are looking just to add some color to your normal lashes without much length or volume this might be the one for you. I find that when out in the sun the mascara tends to get tacky and uncomfortable to wear. It is waterproof as stated and I enjoy using this on my lower lashes. I remember this being a good first choice when learning about makeup but maybe the formula was changed somewhere down the line.
Amy E.
Derby, KS
Like a lot of us, this was my very first mascara that I ever used. I only moved on from it because I discovered other mascara is that I wanted to give a try. I love the colors it comes in, and every time I see the packaging it just gives me that nostalgic feeling of rating my mom and sisters make up boxes. It is a very good job of curling your lashes, and separating them. It’s a cult vassic for reason.
Lindsey K.
Purchased at: Walmart
Works just as well as expensive brands! I don't know how I missed out on this mascara in my 34 years of life but it does a wonderful job of giving me thick, evenly-spaced lashes. The attached photo shows this mascara (left) compared with a high-end mascara (right). While the maybelline mascara tended to make my lashes go out towards the side (which I happen to like), the other pushed them more upward. The Maybelline also did a much better job at separating my lashes- I actually had to check on my finger if there was any product on the wand as it didn'y seem like my lashes were coated. But when I finished they looked great!
Priscila C.
I used to buy this mascara years ago, it was actually the first one I ever bought but then I started to buy other brands and got hooked on the high end ones and forgot this one. It’s actually pretty good for a drugstore mascara. I haven’t used it for years but I do remember I liked it a lot. Personally it gave me more length than volume but my lashes looked pretty.
Rachel N.
Kansas City
I’ve repurchased this mascara probably 5 times because it like it so much. It stays on super well with rain or sweat but comes off easy with makeup remover. I have straight eyelashes that I curl before putting this on and it holds the curl well. I don’t notice any fall out from this either even if I’m exercising or swimming with it on.
Jamie F.
Walkersville, MD
What's the best method for removing a waterproof mascara?
Giovanna S.
Blackwood, NJ
Does this mascara flake after a long-wear just like the non-waterproof version?
Crystal C.
How good is this mascara? Does it clump?
Bianca M.
Does it clump??
Tifanny D.
Davao, Philippines
Does this mascara run down or smudge?