BY MAYBELLINE #37 in Mascara

After 40 years, Great Lash is still America’s favorite mascara. Loved for its lash-doubling formula that conditions as it thickens. Great Lash® Washable Mascara conditions as it thickens. The lash-doubling formula glides on to build great-looking lashes while the lash-building brush makes it easy to get a full-lash look. Allure Readers’ Choice and Best of Beauty Award Winner.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua|Beeswax/Cera Alba|Ozokerite|Shellac|Glyceryl Stearate|Triethanolamine|Propylene Glycol|Stearic Acid|Sorbitan Sesquioleate|Methylparaben|Quaternium-15|Quaternium-22|Simethicone|Butylparaben|May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)|Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)|Ultramarines (CI 77007)|Mica

• Is this a mascara that would be good for "All Cases?" Like an eve...82 Answers
  • Does this thicken your eyelashes?2 Answers
  • Do you prefer this or the waterproof version?1 Answers
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Review for: Blackest Black
Got this in a luxury travel size in my Target beauty box (November) and initially I wasn’t overly excited as it has been out for years and I never tried it. But in the spirit of receiving a box and being an Influenster I decided to use it for one whole week.

So firstly it’s cheap, I mean $6 cheap....so not too much of an expensive gamble trying it. Available obviously in Target, also I have seen it in CVS and a couple of larger Supermarkets such as Giant and Safeway.

The brush looked a little thicker than I expected, the mascara itself did appear very black and thick which I like as my lashes are thin and limp. As soon as I applied it was very pleasantly surprised to see how well it coated my lashes in a very fine matter. I thick it’s intension is to be buildable rather than immediate wow look at that.

No irritation or smudging, noticed the formula is so fine it doesn’t clump either. Great beauty on a budget item.
Catherine L.
Phoenixville, PA
Review for: Very Black
I can't believe this mascara has been around for 40 years. I was all of 22 years old when Great Lash was introduced.  Back then everyone raved about it.  I bought it. It was the worst mascara I ever bought back then, and it is the worst mascara I've ever purchased now! And the only reason I purchased it recently was because it was the only mascara available at a rest stop during a trip and I forgot my mascara!
I thought perhaps the formula changed.  No way!
The wand is a waste. It picks up a small amount of mascara. I swear my spit makes my lashes look better than this stuff.
The product itself is awful. It dries and flakes after a few hours.  I'm really surprised because The Falsies is one of my favorite mascaras and I can't believe the same company can produce both a fabulous mascara and one of the worst.
I just do not understand the love that this mascara receives!  Thank you for reading!
Marie N.
Burke
Review for: Blackest Black
This is a really good product, I got it as my starter mascara and I continued to use it for awhile. I have long eyelashes to begin with and honestly, this mascara was lengthening my lashes too much, I was starting to have a problem wearing my glasses. I still love this product, it does clump a little bit but that is really my only complaint.
Alexandra S.
Review for: Blackest Black
I can honestly say I have never purchased such a great mascara that DOESN’T break the bank. I have full lashes to begin with and look for a product that doesn’t clump and this is a miracle product. It’s smooth and buildable while allowing for length and volume. The color is vibrant and doesn’t run during the day causing raccoon eyes even though it’s not waterproof. I can’t say enough about this product and would recommend EVERYONE to try this.
Robin K.
Review for: Very Black, Blackest Black, Dark Brown
I used this mascara way, way back when I was in high school. It was everyone's fav! I introduced makeup to my two grown daughters with Great Lash, and am happy to say I have introduced this mascara to my 12 year old grand-daughter and 13 year old daughter to get them started with make-up.
Because it washes off so easily, it is a great mascara for beginners. If they make a mistake, it is simple to correct using a makeup wipe or cue tip.
If you are starting your daughter on her first make-up, this is a wonderful beginner piece.
Esmeralda M.
Indio, CA
Review for: Blackest Black
Oh my goodness this Maybeline mascara was a must when I was a teenager. I don’t remember every complaining about it. I just remember all the girls in my high school over applying and abusing this mascara. Very reasonably priced If you want to back to your teen year or just want a fuller dark eye lash this is the mascara to use.
Danita L.
Review for: Blackest Black
When I was a teen, I lived by this stuff! Sadly I just tried this yesterday and it was an epic fail. My lashes stayed short, clumpy, and didn't curl even with 3 coats. Worst of all, after trying to curl, it flaked and came right off on the lash curler. I guess sometimes you do get what you pay for.
Aylin A.
Review for: Very Black
Okay I really don't usually give any mascara one star but this mascara is the worst. I bought it because the reviews are great saying its one of the greatest mascara EEhH wrong its not well in my opinion its not. So when i first bought it i was so excited, once i got home i tried it on and i was very disappointed with the result of the first layer (its like i didn't applied anything) so i did another layer and nope still the same. I usually apply my mascara from the root and wiggle it all the way up (if you guys get what i mean) i don't know if it's because how i apply it but i was very disappointed with it.
Savannah C.
Burgin
Review for: Blackest Black
This is my absolute favorite mascara! I’ve tried high end and this mascara still trumps them! It’s very buildable and thick and doesn’t flake at all! The wand makes my lashes look super wispy and long! I would recommend removing before showering or sleeping though or the product could burn your eyes.
Vanessa J.
Wise, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Maybeline Great Lash has been my favorite mascara for years, i started out using it and have bought many different brands some were good but nothing has ever made my lashes look the way Great Lash does,black is my favorite color but i switch between it and a softer brown at times but black is my pick, it applies perfectly everytime. It makes your lashes look long and applies without clumps. I think it will always be one of the best mascara's on the market. This one Maybeline has the topped everyone out there. The new ones come out the packaging is appealing but everyone I've tried sends me back to Great lash!
Mulan V.
Saint Paul, MN
Is this a mascara that would be good for "All Cases?" Like an everyday wear mascara??
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Would you consider this is your all time favorite mascara?
JaMarique W.
Powder Springs, GA
How good is this?
Reanna R.
Did anyone else get the limted colors ones ? & if so what colors (:
Chasitey p.
Is this anyone elses go to mascara?