BY MAYBELLINE #37 in Mascara

After 40 years, Great Lash is still America’s favorite mascara. Loved for its lash-doubling formula that conditions as it thickens. Great Lash® Washable Mascara conditions as it thickens. The lash-doubling formula glides on to build great-looking lashes while the lash-building brush makes it easy to get a full-lash look. Allure Readers’ Choice and Best of Beauty Award Winner.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua|Beeswax/Cera Alba|Ozokerite|Shellac|Glyceryl Stearate|Triethanolamine|Propylene Glycol|Stearic Acid|Sorbitan Sesquioleate|Methylparaben|Quaternium-15|Quaternium-22|Simethicone|Butylparaben|May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)|Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)|Ultramarines (CI 77007)|Mica

• Is this a mascara that would be good for "All Cases?" Like an eve...82 Answers
  • Does this thicken your eyelashes?2 Answers
  • Do you prefer this or the waterproof version?1 Answers
Kennedy S.
Lexington, KY
Review for: Blackest Black
I bought this mascara because I had went on vacation and somehow brought all the makeup products with me that I needed besides mascara... The closest place to grab some was a drugstore so I just picked this up. It is okay for a drug store mascara, but definitely not the best. It can be pretty clumpy and does not dry super quickly which makes it easy to get mascara spots on your under eye or eyelid. I recommend spending a few more dollars at the drug store and getting a different Maybelline mascara, I really like their  Maybelline Lash Sensational® Washable Mascara instead!
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Review for: Blackest Black
Got this in a luxury travel size in my Target beauty box (November) and initially I wasn’t overly excited as it has been out for years and I never tried it. But in the spirit of receiving a box and being an Influenster I decided to use it for one whole week.

So firstly it’s cheap, I mean $6 cheap....so not too much of an expensive gamble trying it. Available obviously in Target, also I have seen it in CVS and a couple of larger Supermarkets such as Giant and Safeway.

The brush looked a little thicker than I expected, the mascara itself did appear very black and thick which I like as my lashes are thin and limp. As soon as I applied it was very pleasantly surprised to see how well it coated my lashes in a very fine matter. I thick it’s intension is to be buildable rather than immediate wow look at that.

No irritation or smudging, noticed the formula is so fine it doesn’t clump either. Great beauty on a budget item.
Catherine L.
Phoenixville, PA
Review for: Very Black
I can't believe this mascara has been around for 40 years. I was all of 22 years old when Great Lash was introduced.  Back then everyone raved about it.  I bought it. It was the worst mascara I ever bought back then, and it is the worst mascara I've ever purchased now! And the only reason I purchased it recently was because it was the only mascara available at a rest stop during a trip and I forgot my mascara!
I thought perhaps the formula changed.  No way!
The wand is a waste. It picks up a small amount of mascara. I swear my spit makes my lashes look better than this stuff.
The product itself is awful. It dries and flakes after a few hours.  I'm really surprised because The Falsies is one of my favorite mascaras and I can't believe the same company can produce both a fabulous mascara and one of the worst.
I just do not understand the love that this mascara receives!  Thank you for reading!
Allison R.
Review for: Blackest Black
I feel like this mascara is a classic! I remember accidentally taking it with my while at my grandmas and playing around with her make up and ever since then I have kept bit in my collection. It is priced greatly and is super black. I never have any issues with fallout or it running. I don't use it everyday, but it is great if you're wanting to go for a more subtle natural every day look! Not my absolutely favorite, but it's a timeless classic
Marie N.
Burke
Review for: Blackest Black
This is a really good product, I got it as my starter mascara and I continued to use it for awhile. I have long eyelashes to begin with and honestly, this mascara was lengthening my lashes too much, I was starting to have a problem wearing my glasses. I still love this product, it does clump a little bit but that is really my only complaint.
Alexandra S.
Review for: Blackest Black
I can honestly say I have never purchased such a great mascara that DOESN’T break the bank. I have full lashes to begin with and look for a product that doesn’t clump and this is a miracle product. It’s smooth and buildable while allowing for length and volume. The color is vibrant and doesn’t run during the day causing raccoon eyes even though it’s not waterproof. I can’t say enough about this product and would recommend EVERYONE to try this.
Murielle J.
florida
Review for: Very Black
It's an ok mascara not too over the top. The problem is that the bottle dries out VERY quickly, I don't know if that's just me. Nevertheless, it there's no clumps which is a big plus. Since my eyelashes are already long i don't really notice the "voluminous" effect it's supposed to give but it was still nice while it lasted.
Robin K.
Review for: Very Black, Blackest Black, Dark Brown
I used this mascara way, way back when I was in high school. It was everyone's fav! I introduced makeup to my two grown daughters with Great Lash, and am happy to say I have introduced this mascara to my 12 year old grand-daughter and 13 year old daughter to get them started with make-up.
Because it washes off so easily, it is a great mascara for beginners. If they make a mistake, it is simple to correct using a makeup wipe or cue tip.
If you are starting your daughter on her first make-up, this is a wonderful beginner piece.
Aylin A.
Review for: Very Black
Okay I really don't usually give any mascara one star but this mascara is the worst. I bought it because the reviews are great saying its one of the greatest mascara EEhH wrong its not well in my opinion its not. So when i first bought it i was so excited, once i got home i tried it on and i was very disappointed with the result of the first layer (its like i didn't applied anything) so i did another layer and nope still the same. I usually apply my mascara from the root and wiggle it all the way up (if you guys get what i mean) i don't know if it's because how i apply it but i was very disappointed with it.
Danita L.
Review for: Blackest Black
When I was a teen, I lived by this stuff! Sadly I just tried this yesterday and it was an epic fail. My lashes stayed short, clumpy, and didn't curl even with 3 coats. Worst of all, after trying to curl, it flaked and came right off on the lash curler. I guess sometimes you do get what you pay for.
Mulan V.
Saint Paul, MN
Is this a mascara that would be good for "All Cases?" Like an everyday wear mascara??
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Would you consider this is your all time favorite mascara?
JaMarique W.
Powder Springs, GA
How good is this?
Reanna R.
Did anyone else get the limted colors ones ? & if so what colors (:
Chasitey p.
Is this anyone elses go to mascara?