BY MAYBELLINE

After 40 years, Great Lash is still America’s favorite mascara. Loved for its lash-doubling formula that conditions as it thickens.

WHAT IT IS

Great Lash® Washable Mascara conditions as it thickens. The lash-doubling formula glides on to build great-looking lashes while the lash-building brush makes it easy to get a full-lash look. Allure Readers’ Choice and Best of Beauty Award Winner.

BENEFITS

After 40 years, Great Lash is still America’s favorite mascara. This mascara features a lash-doubling formula that glides on to build great-looking lashes. The lash-building brush makes it easy to get a full-lash look.

Ophthalmologist tested.

Hypoallergenic tested.

Suitable for contact lens wearers.

HOW TO USE/APPLY

Step 1. Sweep the lash-building brush from the root to tip of lashes.

Step 2. Continue building volume until the desired lash look is achieved.

Step 3. Do not let mascara dry in between coats.

Step 4. Easily remove mascara with Maybelline Expert Eyes® 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.

INGREDIENTS

Water/Aqua|Beeswax/Cera Alba|Ozokerite|Shellac|Glyceryl Stearate|Triethanolamine|Propylene Glycol|Stearic Acid|Sorbitan Sesquioleate|Methylparaben|Quaternium-15|Quaternium-22|Simethicone|Butylparaben|May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)|Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)|Ultramarines (CI 77007)|Mica

• Is this a mascara that would be good for "All Cases?" Lik...87 Answers
  • Any natural looking mascaras that u can recommend? ??? be...4 Answers
  • Is this mascara waterproof???5 Answers
MAYBELLINE® GREAT LASH® Washable Mascara
  • "I LOVE this mascara! It gives me both length and Volume which is amazing. I never have problems with it clumping up or flaking off throughout the day. The price is also amazing. My little sister also LOVES this mascara she says the brush and formula helps maintain her super long crazy lashes better then any other mascara she has ever used." in 660 reviews
  • "I use this mascara everyday! I love these particular one and could tell a difference. I have short curly lashes so I need length. This gives me that much extra that I need. It will need replaced however every 2 months or so or at least I have found. This particular one is not waterproof. " in 320 reviews
  • "Al my family members have used this and I have bought this from time to time. It's lengthening and it's a classic overall." in 268 reviews
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
This product doesn't even really deserve one star...this is the worst mascara I have ever tried. I have no idea how it gained the cult following that it has - maybe because it's been around forever, I have no idea.

The brush is way too tiny to be useful, for starters. The formula is super thin and wet, making it hard to apply without getting all over your eyelids. It's very messy. Not only that, it does absolutely nothing to my lashes. No lengthening, no volumizing, nothing. It doesn't help my lashes hold a curl...it's just honestly worthless.

The packaging is cute, but that's where the good things end. Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away from this stuff.
Sarah A.
Clinton, SC
Maybelline Great Lash is such a classic. The formula is never clumpy. I like that it comes in brown as well as black because I have blue eyes and black can sometimes be too harsh (especially in their daytime.) The wand is small enough to allow you to reach every lash and really coat the bottom lash line. This gets a 3 because I can't use this anymore due to product sensitivity, which leads me to believe it may not be pH balanced.
kierra b.
Muncie, IN
If you need a simple, black mascara that is cheap..($4 come on now), then this is a fine pick that you can purchase practically anywhere. Great for traveling. I bought this mascara solely because it is water-based, the price is on point, and the need for light application to go on just the tips of my lash extensions. It works great for what I am using it for and comes off easily. If you’re looking for extravagant length and volume, this isn’t quite what you need; but it does the basic job of being a very black, smooth application mascara.
victoria R.
Just a regular simple mascara which i think is great. I don’t think i claims to do anything it does not. This is perfect to have for a simple mascara day or even to apply right before you put false lashes. I feel every women/man that is into makeup must have one of these in their collection. This is also good for bottom lashes. Packaging is cute because i love the colors. And it is so affordable. Definitely a must have for all the people that don’t want to spend more money on higher end mascaras (myself included lol)
Kimberly J.
Mt. Pleasant, MI
Review for: Blackest Black more...
I remember this being one of my all-time favorite mascaras years ago and picked some up recently. Well, I wore it to a morning meeting with my company CEO and was absolutely mortified after the meeting to see I had the worst raccoon eyes ever!! I hadn’t even worn it for 3 hours. This was so embarrassing and unfortunately I will never wear this one again, ugh! I hate that because it really did make my lashes look nice, but I just cannot afford to appear like a mess at work. I have no idea what changed, but to this mascara I say Bye Felicia 👋🏻
Ashley C.
opelousas La
Review for: Very Black more...
I used to only buy Benefit They’re Real mascara. I loved it and loved what it did for my lashes. However the price started to get to me and I decided for the first time in years to try a drugstore mascara and this is the one I picked up. I’ve always heard great things and it’s a cult beauty staple. I find no difference in this and my $20 plus Benefit mascara. Now I have pretty long lashes already so I don’t need anything to add length or thickness, just something to deepen them up and hold a curl and this is it.
anna s.
Ok, for years I have loved this mascara. Really separates my lashes but does nothing for volume. I know they recently have changed the wand that comes with it, and I am not a fan of that. The bristles are much fuller on this wand so when I purchased it I immediately assumed this mascara would make my lashes look fuller. But instead, the wand does make the application more difficult and messy. The product gets everywhere!! On my eyelids, on my under eye area and does not reach the corner lashes.
Katelyn B.
Palmyra
I wish I could say more positive things about this mascara. The shade is the only thing I like about it. The shape of the brush makes it almost impossible to put an even amount on your whole set of lashes at one time and makes it incredibly hard to put it on the bottom set. The formula also makes the mascara come out very clumpy and therefore leaves clumps on your lashes. If you like the punk/dark look it's a good product but for someone who likes a more natural look it's a no go.
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Got this in a luxury travel size in my Target beauty box (November) and initially I wasn’t overly excited as it has been out for years and I never tried it. But in the spirit of receiving a box and being an Influenster I decided to use it for one whole week.

So firstly it’s cheap, I mean $6 cheap....so not too much of an expensive gamble trying it. Available obviously in Target, also I have seen it in CVS and a couple of larger Supermarkets such as Giant and Safeway.

The brush looked a little thicker than I expected, the mascara itself did appear very black and thick which I like as my lashes are thin and limp. As soon as I applied it was very pleasantly surprised to see how well it coated my lashes in a very fine matter. I thick it’s intension is to be buildable rather than immediate wow look at that.

No irritation or smudging, noticed the formula is so fine it doesn’t clump either. Great beauty on a budget item.
Jamie W.
Wayne, NJ
This is probably the only mascara that will always have a place in my makeup bag for the rest of my life.  I don't like to not wear mascara, even when I'm just running around.  So I always try to put this on before going out.  The formula is nice and gives my lashes a nice tint without looking caked with product. My favorite is the curved brush because it really makes my lashes pop. The best part is it's a drugstore brand, so it's inexpensive.
Mulan V.
Saint Paul, MN
Is this a mascara that would be good for "All Cases?" Like an everyday wear mascara??
Marie T.
Would you consider this is your all time favorite mascara?
JaMarique W.
Powder Springs, GA
How good is this?
Reanna R.
Did anyone else get the limted colors ones ? & if so what colors (:
Chasitey p.
Estes Park, CO
Is this anyone elses go to mascara?