BY MAYBELLINE #41 in Mascara

After 40 years, Great Lash is still America’s favorite mascara. Loved for its lash-doubling formula that conditions as it thickens. Great Lash® Washable Mascara conditions as it thickens. The lash-doubling formula glides on to build great-looking lashes while the lash-building brush makes it easy to get a full-lash look. Allure Readers’ Choice and Best of Beauty Award Winner.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua|Beeswax/Cera Alba|Ozokerite|Shellac|Glyceryl Stearate|Triethanolamine|Propylene Glycol|Stearic Acid|Sorbitan Sesquioleate|Methylparaben|Quaternium-15|Quaternium-22|Simethicone|Butylparaben|May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)|Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)|Ultramarines (CI 77007)|Mica

• Is this a mascara that would be good for "All Cases?" Like an eve...85 Answers
  • Does this thicken your eyelashes?3 Answers
  • Do you prefer this or the waterproof version?1 Answers
Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara
  • "I LOVE this mascara! It gives me both length and Volume which is amazing. I never have problems with it clumping up or flaking off throughout the day. The price is also amazing. My little sister also LOVES this mascara she says the brush and formula helps maintain her super long crazy lashes better then any other mascara she has ever used." in 660 reviews
  • "I use this mascara everyday! I love these particular one and could tell a difference. I have short curly lashes so I need length. This gives me that much extra that I need. It will need replaced however every 2 months or so or at least I have found. This particular one is not waterproof. " in 320 reviews
  • "Al my family members have used this and I have bought this from time to time. It's lengthening and it's a classic overall." in 268 reviews
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Blackest Black more...
This product doesn't even really deserve one star...this is the worst mascara I have ever tried. I have no idea how it gained the cult following that it has - maybe because it's been around forever, I have no idea.

The brush is way too tiny to be useful, for starters. The formula is super thin and wet, making it hard to apply without getting all over your eyelids. It's very messy. Not only that, it does absolutely nothing to my lashes. No lengthening, no volumizing, nothing. It doesn't help my lashes hold a curl...it's just honestly worthless.

The packaging is cute, but that's where the good things end. Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away from this stuff.
Jennifer A.
Lake Forest, CA
Review for: Dark Brown, Brownish Black more...
I definitely bought this when I was a pre-teen when I was pure and untouched by the knowledge that magazines got sent product and were wooed by brands with PR campaigns and thought that InStyle Best of Beauty lists were true holy grail stamp of approval items.

And, I made this work for years. By dutifully blotting off half of the product that came off the spoolie with a tissue before every use. Because this mascara is wet. And it never dries out. And the wand is a standard spoolie. And the formula is a generic formula. So if you apply it as is you get soggy, weighed down, clumpy, spidery lashes. If you work with it, you get extremely natural, darkened lashes. That's it. Don't try to layer this one - it get's crispy and spidery. Don't expect it to last through watery eyes - it won't. It doesn't smudge or flake on me. But the reason it continues to hold on and be passed down in the annals of beauty history is pure nostalgia. There is nothing special to recommend this besides the classic pink and green tube. Also, before bargain brands like Elf came out with their own spoolie for $1 ( e.l.f. Eyelash & Brow Wand ), it was pretty cheap to just buy a tube of this, wash off the mascara and use it to brush your brows out. But now, it's totally irrelevant for me.
Sarah M.
Review for: Blackest Black more...
I honestly feel like I’m one of the only people who doesn’t like this mascara. I used to use it when I first started wearing makeup and it was fine for back then. I recently got a sample size of this and it just isn’t good anymore. The formula is too wet and gets very messy. This does nothing for my lashes. It doesn’t give them any length or volume. It’s ok for the lower lashes but that’s a waste of money if you’re only going to use it on your bottom lashes. The packaging is cute and I love the colors on it but that’s about it
Tina F.
san diego
Review for: Very Black more...
This was my very first mascara! It’s a good product and for the price its great, but not my favorite. I find that after it has dried it transfers onto my skin and I find myself wiping underneath my eyes by the middle of the day. Not a cute look. Another problem is that it clumps up after a few months, that’s why I buy the smaller size so that I run out before the clumps start. I am a fan of the dark color because it makes my eyes pop! If it wasn’t for the color transfer onto my skin, I would give this 5 stars.
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Review for: Blackest Black more...
Got this in a luxury travel size in my Target beauty box (November) and initially I wasn’t overly excited as it has been out for years and I never tried it. But in the spirit of receiving a box and being an Influenster I decided to use it for one whole week.

So firstly it’s cheap, I mean $6 cheap....so not too much of an expensive gamble trying it. Available obviously in Target, also I have seen it in CVS and a couple of larger Supermarkets such as Giant and Safeway.

The brush looked a little thicker than I expected, the mascara itself did appear very black and thick which I like as my lashes are thin and limp. As soon as I applied it was very pleasantly surprised to see how well it coated my lashes in a very fine matter. I thick it’s intension is to be buildable rather than immediate wow look at that.

No irritation or smudging, noticed the formula is so fine it doesn’t clump either. Great beauty on a budget item.
Leah T.
Review for: Blackest Black more...
I love how easy this was to apply. My lashed didn't clump and I didn't get it all over me when I blinked. However I looked at myself in the mirror 7 hours later and had raccoon eyes! I hadn't cried or sweated or been in the rain. And I had only applied this to my upper lashes. I'm not sure what caused it to happen, but I can't wear mascara that does this. 👎
I received a sample of this product when purchasing another product.
Catherine L.
Phoenixville, PA
Review for: Very Black more...
I can't believe this mascara has been around for 40 years. I was all of 22 years old when Great Lash was introduced.  Back then everyone raved about it.  I bought it. It was the worst mascara I ever bought back then, and it is the worst mascara I've ever purchased now! And the only reason I purchased it recently was because it was the only mascara available at a rest stop during a trip and I forgot my mascara!
I thought perhaps the formula changed.  No way!
The wand is a waste. It picks up a small amount of mascara. I swear my spit makes my lashes look better than this stuff.
The product itself is awful. It dries and flakes after a few hours.  I'm really surprised because The Falsies is one of my favorite mascaras and I can't believe the same company can produce both a fabulous mascara and one of the worst.
I just do not understand the love that this mascara receives!  Thank you for reading!
DANIELLE M.
Review for: Blackest Black more...
I absolutely love this product I've been using it for years and I'm surprised that so many other varieties of mascaras have survived because this one I can say is top notch I love the way the wand separates my lashes the packaging is a little outdated but I think it gives it a classic feel Classic being probably came out in the 80s I don't know lol but give it a try it's not expensive and it works great
Yvette W.
This mascara is a old time goodie... My mom always used this particular mascara which is the reason I gravitated towards it. It's affordable and gives your lashes a great pop with a good coat or two. It comes in a cute pink bottle which I like. The wand is a nice length as well. You get a decent amount of product for the price which is another plus for me. You can find this just about anywhere that sells cosmetics.
kim t.
Arlington, VA
Review for: Blackest Black more...
This is a mascara that I tried years ago and liked it. Recently a friend gave me one and I tried it. Again it was ok. I didn't see any volume but it did give my lashes length which is good. It didn't clump or anything but it did have a smell I didn't like. I mean for a less expensive mascara it's ok. The packaging is cute though and I think that's what drew me to the product year ago. It's not bad and on a budget it's good.
Mulan V.
Saint Paul, MN
Is this a mascara that would be good for "All Cases?" Like an everyday wear mascara??
Marie T.
Would you consider this is your all time favorite mascara?
JaMarique W.
Powder Springs, GA
How good is this?
Reanna R.
Did anyone else get the limted colors ones ? & if so what colors (:
Chasitey p.
Is this anyone elses go to mascara?