BY MAYBELLINE

• I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?29 Answers
  • I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Nikkie G.
The "pink tube" mascara is such an iconic mascara that should be a staple in every girl's makeup bag.  I was a little skeptical about the blue since I am 30 and pretend to be an adult, so going back to something I wore in 8th grade made me nervous but I am happy to report I love it!  It can be layered for a much more dramatic look, or just a couple swipes for something fun but much more subtle.  I got so many compliments on this.  I am a fan of a bold eye, so I thought this was a perfect complement to my dark brown eyes.  Would definitely buy!
 ***I received this product for free for the purposes of reviewing***
Erin D.
Pittsford , NY
I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.... I don't think I could've disliked this more. It's not very pigmented and it requires multiple coats for it to even look like you've applied it. I simply don't have enough time for that in the mornings. I'm no virgin to blue mascara, I frequently use the Benefit They're Real mascara in blue. That formula blows this out of the water, in both pigmentation and in ease to apply. I recommend saving your money for the Benefit mascara, and to not waste your money on this drug store version.
Bayllie R.
I was super excited to try this product. I've always stuck to the same black mascaras. So when I got my vox-box from Influenster I was super excited. Unfortunately when applying mascara I needed q-tips to fix the mess it left. The color would only be vibrant after a few coats. And because it doesn't hold up very well in the rain, and it rains a lot where I'm from, I can't wear it as much as I'd like. When I do get to wear it my hazel eyes pop. I feel so powerful with the pop of blue that I think it's worth it. I'd definitely recommend it especially for big events.
shannon g.
Bowling Green, MO
So I was a little set back about getting blue mascara, but I tried it! It made my eyes pop and I have brown eyes! It wasn't clumpy, and my eyelashes looked a lot longer.
Now I will say this won't be an everyday mascara, but it's a go to for my weekends and when I'm feeling something different. I am glad I got the chance to test it out, because if I was buying it, I would have had second guesses. Getting this chance let me move from out of my comfort zone and see that blue is a neat color to try! All opinions are my own! I got this free as a sample to try!
Jennifer D.
Tumwater, WA
It's nothing amazing....at least for me. I see this mascara more as a fun mascara to wear on the weekends or going into a silly themed party. For me this isn't an every day mascara. I work in the medical field and for me personally, I just see blue mascara as kind of inappropriate while seeing patients. Because it's not something that I would be able to wear all the time I would not purchase this in the store. But I can see this being a total hit with girls who are younger.

I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Eri S.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I am Asian and have monolid eyelids. So not only was I blessed with short lashes, my eyelids also weigh down my eyelashes. I can only use waterproof mascaras to hold the curl and prevent smudging. I decided to give the Great Lash a try since I received this product complimentary to test. Sure enough, the formula did nothing for my lashes. But, because my lashes were mostly hidden beneath my eyelids, the blue color was more subtle. It was more suitable for me since I usually lean toward more natural makeup. They were definitely fun to try but I won't be purchasing another bottle (unless they come out with a waterproof version)!
Emily C.
Wow! First, let me start by saying I am a tried and true believer in wearing black everything, especially mascara! I have blue eyes most days, grey other days. This blue mascara has changed my entire outlook on black mascara. Ive been wearing the Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara ever since I have received it, complimentary for testing purposes from Influesnter. I literally can't bring myself to wear anything else. It's fun and REALLY is royally blue! I am definitely keeping blue mascara in my makeup bag and possibly hunting for other colors!
Madison D.
Provo , UT
I have mixed feelings about this mascara. First off, it works and it makes your lashes look good. It's not clumpy and it goes on fairly well. I don't know how to feel about the color though. This is definitely not something I would wear every day, but maybe I would wear it to a concert, or on my bottom lashes only as an accent. I received this free tube of mascara for testing purposes, and I don't think I would by it in the future. Simply because it's not my personal style. For someone looking for funky makeup or a costume accessory, this would be great!
Nikki M.
Cincinnati, OH
I'll admit, I wasn't so sure about this. Royal blue Mascara? A 38 year old can't wear that... can I? When this arrived in my Vox Box, I was curious and excited to try it.
It's subtle. But in the right light, the blue is very vibrant. I wish it was a lengthening mascara, but it sure adds a nice pop of color and fun as a pleasant surprise, and I've even added it on top of my lengthening mascara just for fun, too. I say if you're on the fence... try it. There's nothing wrong with a little fun in your life!
Patrice W.
Austin, TX
I am a huge fan of @maybeline eyeliner! Great Lash is the first product my mom introduced me to and she swears by it to this day! I want to love #greatLashBlue but for dark brown eyelashes, it's not doing much for me! I applied 3 coats and now I just have clumpy lashes with the faintest hint of blue. But I will keep this product and try it with a blue liner, particularly for #autismAwareness ! Thanks for the free mascara and love @influenster!
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.