BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Kamni G.
Saint Johns, FL
Royal blue mascara... hmm that is interesting. I am a Dior show girl and swear by it. I was surprised to see that despite having Fijian islander and Indian skin tones, darker eyes, the royal blue mascara actually looks great and isn't clumpy. I learned from my aunt that late Princess Diana used to wear royal blue mascara. What a cool thing to learn! She was so classy, a style icon and kind.

I'll be giving Maybelline a chance after years of swearing my loyalty elsewhere. Give the new blue lash a try, you won't regret it.

I loved this as my first influencer campaign and glad it was provided for free to test
Rebecca K.
I was super excited to try this mascara (free for testing purposes, thanks Influenster!)!!! I've been wanting to try tinted mascara, and it didn't disappoint. This classic maybelline product gives your eyes a subtle pop of color. I didn't use lash primer, so maybe there would be a brighter more noticeable blue. I liked this product because it was subtle enough to notice the color just enough but ok to wear to work. It does get a tad clumpy if you layer too much on, but I love this mascara!
Emily B.
Bellingham, WA
I was super excited to try this mascara because my favorite mascara of all the time happens to be blue too! When I first applied it, I was a little hesitant because the color was SO bright and vibrant, but the color mellowed when it dried. I did find it to clump quite a bit, and the bristles of the wand are so far apart that it makes it difficult to separate the lashes once they are clumped. After a couple coats and working at getting my lashes separated, it looks fantastic! Absolutely love the brightening effect of blue mascara. It's too bad that they only brought back the Royal Blue Great Lash exclusively to one store, because I do not (and will never) shop at Walmart. That aside, I am glad to have tried this mascara!

I received this mascara for free from Influenster to test.
Lacey J.
Union Beach, NJ
I loved this mascara! It was fun! It added a cute subtle pop to my makeup! My boyfriend, who seldom notices my makeup or make a comment made a comment! He thought it looked cool! It lasted pretty well during the day. I didn't like the eyeliner that came with it, and I used my own (nyx). I would definitely recommend this product to a friend. I look forward to trying this product in different colors! I'd love to see purple, teal and maybe pink!! This was probably the funnest product to review since I've been with influensters!! Home run on this mascara!
Raina D.
Pensacola, FL
It was like a blast from the past when this mascara arrived free from Influenster for my honest review. I was excited to try this to see if the formulation had changed. When I used this mascara for the first time back in the 1990s, I got a horrible eye infection (it was brand new when I applied it!) Fast forward twenty years...I ripped open the package and immediately applied it. By the way, you have to put several coats on to even get close to seeing the blue tint on your lashes. First use, and new mascara but I end up with the same eye infection I had in the 1990s. I don't know if it is the formulation or what, but EVERTIME I use Maybelline Great Lash Mascara I get an eye infection.
Jessie K.
Richmond, VA
I wavered between 3 and 4 stars on this product. 3 stars because it looks really blue on the wand but is not noticeably blue when applied. 4 stars because in a way that's better! It's a subtle shade-a little lighter than the typical black mascara I usually go with but not really blue. I also lean to 4 stars because the application, regardless of the color, was easy and looks great! Great volume, great separation of the lashes, easy to apply! I received this product courtesy of Influenster and Maybelline for testing purposes but this review is my own. Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Ashley G.
I remember trying this out years ago, so I was curious to see if it was as I remembered.  I think this works well as a lash tint, but don't expect any dramatic effects.  I feel like it needs several layers to make the blue stand out, otherwise it's more subtle.  I have tried layering this on top of other mascaras so I could get the benefits of the other mascara and the color of this one (worked fairly well!) Overall, it's not my cup of tea but a fun little change if you want something different and unique.
I received this for free to test out from influenster, but all opinions are my own.
Ashley W.
Greensboro, NC
I really love Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara that I received *FREE* to test out!!! The applicator is easy to use, and the mascara applies well. I love the color - I found it to be very unique and really made my eyes pop! I tried it one one eye versus my normal mascara on the other. I really liked the way it looked compared to my normal, every day black! Definitely give this mascara a try - you won't be disappointed! (***While I received this product FREE and COMPLIMENTARY FOR TESTING PURPOSES from Maybelline & Influenster, the opinions stated here are my own.***)
Stephanie A.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
Its the same great mascara, just blue! This mascara is a super throwback. I remember my mom using this mascara, in black, when i was a child. She bought the same one for me when i was a teen. I, honestly, think that the blue shade is a bit too much for me. With burgundy hair and green eyes, it just doesn't look right on me. However, it would be perfect to complete a specific look or for Halloween. All around good product, just not cor me. Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Vanessa P.
North Potomac, MD
I received Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in royal blue, complimentary, to test out. It lengthened my lashes, but did not added no volume. The blue color did not show up on my brown eyelashes. I don't stray away from Maybelline Volum' Express® The Falsies Flared® Waterproof Mascara. That's been my mascara since it came out. I was excited about blue mascara, but I personally just don't care for the formula of Great Lash. I would recommend this to people with lighter colored eyelashes. I think they could get some cool makeup looks with it. I'm going to wear it again and see if the color catches the light in different settings. I am on the hunt for a more vibrant, maybe even more of a deeper blue. The blue color in this mascara is quite light.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.