BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Mikhail F.
I received the Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara free for my review and all opinions are my own! I like the color it's fun and edgy. I didn't love the applicator wand it was small and didn't give much volume to my lashes. The formula is definitely different than a traditional black mascara and is thinner and more wet so you have to do a couple of layers to really get the color bright and your lashes looking thick. Overall i would like to see a better applicator wand! But I did like the overall look of the color! Thanks Maybelline and Influenster for a cool product!
Shaina G.
San Antonio, TX
I received the Maybelline Great Lash VoxBox compliments of Influenster. Let me begin by saying when it comes to drugstore products, I am a Maybelline fan girl... especially when it comes to their mascaras. With that in mind, this is not my favorite mascara offered by Maybelline. I prefer their Colossal Mascaras, which are volume, volume and MORE VOLUME, so this is a huge difference. I gave it an extra star because of the subtle blue hue, which does add a little emphasis to the eyes. It also adds a bit of length in a natural way and would be a good option to use on those more natural 'no makeup makeup' days.
Megan P.
Greenbrier, AR
I received the Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara and the Maybelline Unstoppable® Mechanical Eyeliner Pencil for free for testing purposes. I knew I would love the eyeliner because I've used it before (quite often), but had no idea how much I would love the BLUE mascara!!! I'm not one to venture out beyond my plain ole black mascara, but this product is awesome. It can be subtle or bold, depending on your preference. I can't wait to wear this to an upcoming bachelorette party!
miriam v.
Lawton, OK
It was so amazing to get the chance to receive this awesome box complimentary from Maybelline. The color is very vibrant and even with one coat it's shows up on my dark lashes, then add two more coats and it's a vibrant blue and just enough to add a punch of color to your lashes. I've been wearing for the past few days and it just perfect with any make up look and outfit. And the best thing is you're getting that iconic Maybelline mascara paired with this amazing blue color. Definitely a staple for this upcoming spring trend.
Nicole M.
wausau, WI
When I received Maybelline Great Lash in Royal Blue, I ws confused. What decade is this? Colored mascaras haven't really been a thing for a couple decades -- not since I stole my aunt's navy mascara in middle school, at least. I took a while to try this mascara because I wasn't sure how well it would work with my green eyes, either. It's definitely a brighter shade than I have ever tried. But, what the hell. I got it for free. What's the worst that can happen, right?

i'm not familiar with other Maybelline mascaras, so while the tube looks the same, green and pink, I can't speak for the wand. It's short and straight, but the bristles are arranged in a spiral pattern on the brush. I don't really like this. It took quite a few strokes to cover my lashes, especially those corner lashes. A longer brush might help with that.

But I did like the blue more than I figured I would. It's noticeable but not super dramatic. This is probably due to the fact that the formula doesn't add anything in terms of length or volume -- or lift for that matter. My lashes were straight out. While this wasn't clumpy, it didn't perform well exactly. From a mascara, I expect more. As a colored paint, which is what the formula feels like, it's okay.

I wish I could tell you how this mascara held up over time (I had greasy lids and only ever wear tubing mascara because of this), but it only took a minute or so before my eyes felt dry and my lashed felt stabby. I quickly had to remove it because of the discomfort. The mascara removed easily, but I'm pretty hesitant to try it again because of this.

Even without that, it does nothing at all for my lashes and would probably give me blue raccoon eyes over the day. If you're looking for a colored mascara, this one is probably cheap, but you'll want to layer it over mascara that does something for your lashes or perhaps over a base and under a top coat.

unless you can justify throwing your money away, however, I'd skip this one.

I received this product review in exchange for my review.
Delaney C.
Edmond, OK
I wanted to love this mascara more. I love the color and the formula is pretty good too doesn't smudge or flake but the brush is awful! I know this masara is an oldie but the old fashion brush style is just bad. Your eyelashes just go right through the spaces and don't get coated so it takes a while to get the lashes all coated. If it were a different brush it would probably be way better so I'm going to try using a different mascara wand. Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Lexy B.
Palm Harbor, FL
Honestly I never thought in a million years I would like blue mascara so much. I got so many compliments everywhere I went. I have blue eyes so it makes them just pop. This will be an awesome addition to my Fourth of July outfit. The formula for this mascara is not clumpy in anyway and elongates your eyelashes beautifully. The packaging is cute and up beat. I would definitely recommend this to a friend! I received this product for free to do an unbiased review for and im so happy i did!
Jessica L.
I received this product for free in my voxbox, but all opinions are my own! This was my first time using a colored mascara, and I liked how the blue color complimented my blue eyes. It was most noticeable in natural lighting, but didn't look too outrageous. However, I couldn't get it to show up in pictures. I liked the applicator because it was narrow at the tip so I could easily get my corner and lower lashes. Also I prefer a more dramatic look with my lashes and while this mascara was lengthening, it did nothing to provide more volume/fullness.
Jordyn F.
Lanesville, IN
So far, seems long lasting and does show up blue! Would be brighter using a primer though. Stays on for a long time, even after a long day.

Love pairing it with blue eye shadow on my lower lash line and using the mascara only on the bottom, especially with a pop color on too (love putting orange on the lid) 💙
#gotitfree from influenster and Maybelline!
Jennifer G.
Marietta, PA
I received Mabelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara complimentary for testing purposes.   The mascara is in the traditional pink and green packaging with a fairly standard brush.   I have not used the original black Great Lash in some time so I can't recall if it is the same.
My initial thoughts on the product is that it is a good mascara.   It isn't the best I ever tried but I enjoy the whimsy of a blue mascara.  The color isn't so bright that is is obnoxious and it complimented my eye color and skin tone well.   I thought it went on easily and cleanly and wasn't clumpy flaky or smudgy.   I have worn it a few times now and I will ontinue wearing.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.