BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Britny H.
Lakeview, MI
I love Maybelline mascaras but this blue is just to die for because of the pop of color it gives to any look. I received this product FREE from Influenster for testing purposes and this is 100% my honest opinion. This is my first time using it and I am not disappointed at all. It is very long lasting and very easy to remove. This is a product I would buy repeatedly. It is not a must have in your make-up collection but it does make for fun on having it. It is very easy to layer to make that blue just POP! without it getting clumpy, especially for those that have darker eyelashes. I would love to see this in different colors in the future.
Shaina G.
San Antonio, TX
I received the Maybelline Great Lash VoxBox compliments of Influenster. Let me begin by saying when it comes to drugstore products, I am a Maybelline fan girl... especially when it comes to their mascaras. With that in mind, this is not my favorite mascara offered by Maybelline. I prefer their Colossal Mascaras, which are volume, volume and MORE VOLUME, so this is a huge difference. I gave it an extra star because of the subtle blue hue, which does add a little emphasis to the eyes. It also adds a bit of length in a natural way and would be a good option to use on those more natural 'no makeup makeup' days.
Megan B.
Greenbrier, AR
I received the Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara and the Maybelline Unstoppable® Mechanical Eyeliner Pencil for free for testing purposes. I knew I would love the eyeliner because I've used it before (quite often), but had no idea how much I would love the BLUE mascara!!! I'm not one to venture out beyond my plain ole black mascara, but this product is awesome. It can be subtle or bold, depending on your preference. I can't wait to wear this to an upcoming bachelorette party!
Mikhail F.
I received the Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara free for my review and all opinions are my own! I like the color it's fun and edgy. I didn't love the applicator wand it was small and didn't give much volume to my lashes. The formula is definitely different than a traditional black mascara and is thinner and more wet so you have to do a couple of layers to really get the color bright and your lashes looking thick. Overall i would like to see a better applicator wand! But I did like the overall look of the color! Thanks Maybelline and Influenster for a cool product!
Rose P.
Ashburn , GA
I really like this color that I receive . Thanks influenster for the maybelline voxbox . I applied 4 or 5 times on my lashes the color don't show up . I used many times to get the blue lashes . Very great product . I love the blue lash it's great show up on my eye lash. Hope the maybelline create some more colors of mascara that would be great . Love this mascara thanks influenster and maybelline .
Nicole B.
VULCAN, MI
I received Great Lash Blue, complimentary for reviewing purposes.
I was super excited to try it! I wore blue mascara back in the day and its been years since Ive tried it.
I must say, I am a little disappointed. The color is absolutely beautiful on the applicator, however, once applied, it was barely noticeable. I was expecting fuller, more vibrant lashes.
I tried it a second time, this time applied over my other black mascara. It looked slightly better 😀
I used two coats as well.
Overall, the color is beautiful, just wish it would adhere better & look more vibrant once applied.
Jessica L.
I received this product for free in my voxbox, but all opinions are my own! This was my first time using a colored mascara, and I liked how the blue color complimented my blue eyes. It was most noticeable in natural lighting, but didn't look too outrageous. However, I couldn't get it to show up in pictures. I liked the applicator because it was narrow at the tip so I could easily get my corner and lower lashes. Also I prefer a more dramatic look with my lashes and while this mascara was lengthening, it did nothing to provide more volume/fullness.
Courtney M.
Elkridge, MD
I really love Maybelline mascaras, the formulas are always good and the quality is there for a drugstore mascara. The Maybelline Great Lash in blue was a little different. The Great Lash line is a classic mascara but I am unsure about the blue color. It could be fun for certain events, but not for every day, at least for me. The formula was still good, and I liked the brush style.

I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are your own.
Delaney C.
Edmond, OK
I wanted to love this mascara more. I love the color and the formula is pretty good too doesn't smudge or flake but the brush is awful! I know this masara is an oldie but the old fashion brush style is just bad. Your eyelashes just go right through the spaces and don't get coated so it takes a while to get the lashes all coated. If it were a different brush it would probably be way better so I'm going to try using a different mascara wand. Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Nicole M.
wausau, WI
When I received Maybelline Great Lash in Royal Blue, I ws confused. What decade is this? Colored mascaras haven't really been a thing for a couple decades -- not since I stole my aunt's navy mascara in middle school, at least. I took a while to try this mascara because I wasn't sure how well it would work with my green eyes, either. It's definitely a brighter shade than I have ever tried. But, what the hell. I got it for free. What's the worst that can happen, right?

i'm not familiar with other Maybelline mascaras, so while the tube looks the same, green and pink, I can't speak for the wand. It's short and straight, but the bristles are arranged in a spiral pattern on the brush. I don't really like this. It took quite a few strokes to cover my lashes, especially those corner lashes. A longer brush might help with that.

But I did like the blue more than I figured I would. It's noticeable but not super dramatic. This is probably due to the fact that the formula doesn't add anything in terms of length or volume -- or lift for that matter. My lashes were straight out. While this wasn't clumpy, it didn't perform well exactly. From a mascara, I expect more. As a colored paint, which is what the formula feels like, it's okay.

I wish I could tell you how this mascara held up over time (I had greasy lids and only ever wear tubing mascara because of this), but it only took a minute or so before my eyes felt dry and my lashed felt stabby. I quickly had to remove it because of the discomfort. The mascara removed easily, but I'm pretty hesitant to try it again because of this.

Even without that, it does nothing at all for my lashes and would probably give me blue raccoon eyes over the day. If you're looking for a colored mascara, this one is probably cheap, but you'll want to layer it over mascara that does something for your lashes or perhaps over a base and under a top coat.

unless you can justify throwing your money away, however, I'd skip this one.

I received this product review in exchange for my review.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.