BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Jade G.
Piscataway, NJ
I received the Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own. Maybelline great lash is always been a great mascara. It is a tried-and-true classic. I was looking forward to trying the royal blue Maybelline great lash. After applying two coats, I did have a hard time seeing the blue color. Only in certain lighting at a certain angle was it really visible. Not that I would like bright blue lashes, but I was hoping for a slightly more bluish effect or tint. I wouldn't purchase for the color, but overall a good mascara.
Makensie M.
Springfield, MO
I received this mascara/eyeliner duo for free in my first cox box! I really like the look of the blue mascara, although I didn't expect to! It's subtle and fun. However, this brush is so so tiny. I have very long eyelashes and I feel like this mascara made them disappear. I usually go for a very full lash look and this mascara made it a little impossible. I would try it again if they put a new brush with it and volumized the formula a little! Overall I'm very glad I tried this product! The eyeliner was great! I usually go for a bold, winged eyeliner, but this was great for a more subtle, smokey look that made the blue mascara really stand out.
Melissa D.
Menifee, CA
I was unimpressed to say the least. First thing I noticed was it was very crumbly brand new out of the package. It left tons of flakes under my eyes, something you'd expect from mascara at the end of its life but not first time opening and brand new. Second thing is it doesn't show up well at all. I have light eyelashes and you could barely see it, I couldn't imagine it being very visible on someone with dark eyelashes. Disappointing to say the least. I was all excited since its like back in school with funky blue and having fun but no..this was a fail. I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own. Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Amoy C.
Hattiesburg, MS
This mascara is so luscious! I received these products complimentary for testing to give my honest opinion and I can say that this is the perfect mascara for the current season. Everyone is looked for that "glamed" look to rock with to music fests but look no further. I use my lash primer then I apply the mascara in a sweeping motion to make sure there are no clumps. I then us the unstoppable eyeliner to smoke out my lower line. The royal blue color amps up any outfit and look giving it a "one of a kind" feel!😍 Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Shannin B.
Let me start by saying I had never tried this "iconic" mascara even as a makeup junkie I had always passed over this at the drug store So I was pretty excited when I received it to try in the vox box. The packaging is vibrant green and pink but simple, nothing fancy. The wand is your basic classic brush mascara wand which isn't my preference. It applies nicely and coats the lashes well but it doesn't give me the separation and lift that I want from a mascara. It's pretty vibrant but dries down and becomes a bit more subtle.  As for the longevity and wear time it wore for at least 6 hours before flaking down on to my face. I love wearing this as a pop of color on my lower lashes!
MICHELLE M.
New Orleans, LA
I got the Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue mascara for free in my latest VoxBox to review. I was very excited to have some fun colorful mascara for the summer and festival season. Unfortunately, it wasn't one of my favorites. The color payoff isn't really there and it definitely doesn't do anything for volume. I tried it on it's own-bleh. Tried it over my black mascara for the volume-couldn't see the color. But with a white mascara primer for volume and bright base, it was actually pretty cool. People definitely responded to the color. It just needs that white base, which was kind of disappointing. I would have hoped it would better just on its own. Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable MascaraHope this helps everyone else out there trying to get the most out of this mascara. :)
Jennifer L.
I love maybelline and they are my favorite drugstore brand. The first mascara I ever used was the original great lash in black so when I received the royal blue mascara in a Voxbox for free I was excited to try it. This is in the same packaging, same wand and same formula. The blue color is beautiful and adds a pop of color to any look. I applied this to my top lashes as I normally would and I felt that it was difficult to build up to get Volume or length in my lashes. Maybe this is due to the added color to the formula I'm not sure. It did separate my lashes and I loved this for my bottom lashes. I wouldn't use this again on my top lashes because I felt that it didn't really do much other than lengthen my lashes and give a nice blue hue. I would use this on my bottom lashes again but that's probably it.
Shauna W.
Warrenton, OR
When I saw that I'd been sent blue mascara I thought there was no way I'd be okay with wearing blue mascara.  I can remember this being a thing decades ago and I just felt there was no way it could be remotely cool.  I guess you could say Maybelline proved me wrong!

My boyfriend and I were going out with some of his coworkers and I decided to give it a try.  I absolutely love how the subtle blue looked on my eyelashes.  You couldn't really tell unless you looked closely or knew what you were looking for.  The formula went on smooth with no clumps and didn't flake off during the night,  I hate to admit it but I even slept with it on and woke up still looking good.  This won't be my every day mascara but it's definitely fun for going out.
Laura A.
Wampum, PA
I just received this item complimentary through Influenster but my review is my own opinion. I actually like it more than I thought I would. Not as loud and bright as it appears when you first remove the wand. It gives just a subtle blue tint. Great for certain eye colors, but would not say this color is an "everyday" mascara. Probably would work even better on lighter color lashes. I actually wore it on my bottom lashes. The formula is great. Gives more of a natural look, not much thickness or volume. Didn't notice any clumped or flaking throughout the day
Stephanie J.
Sandy Springs, GA
I received this Maybelling Great Lash Royal Blue via a free sample through VOXBox. I really wanted to like this mascara but it just did not perform well for me. My eyelashes are VERY blonde... like white blonde, so the color should not have any problem showing up on my lashes. I felt like the blue color was lack luster and did not appear as bright on my lashes as it did in the tube (even after a few coats). I also have fairly thin lashes, and this mascara did nothing to lengthen or volumize my lashes, so they just looked sad and slightly blue. It is easy to apply and I did like the applicator wand that nicely separately my lashes and reduced clumping. If you're looking for an inexpensive product to try out color, this may be for you, but I wouldn't purchase this product again.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.