BY MAYBELLINE

• I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Joya T.
Flossmoor, IL
I got this for free as part of the #GreatBlueLash campaign. I was super excited to try it because I love, love LOVE colored mascara and i know that's a hot trend for the time being.

When I tried this on? I was underwhelmed a bit.

Like their other Great Last colors, the consistency and the feel of the product was great. It was able to separate my lashes and define them, but the color payoff was lacking. I have dark lashes, so that might be part of the reason why, but the bold blue I was expecting from the packaging barely showed up on my lashes. It took about four coats just to get the color to show, and by the time I was done with it, my lashes were clumpy and I had to comb them out.

Would I try this again? Maybe. Only if they were able to brighten their formula so I can have color pay off in one swipe.
Alea S.
Oak Lawn, IL
Blue isn't really my color when it comes to mascara, so I wasn't overly thrilled when I received the Maybelline Great Lash in Royal Blue from Influenster but I wanted to approach it with an open mind and give it a go. The blue color doesn't show up as dramatically as a brown or black would, so I felt like it had less of an impact. I wear black for everyday, so I felt that I was lacking a bit of my usual "wow" factor in my lashes. The color aside, I was hoping the formula would entice me to try Great Lash in other colors, but I had trouble with clumping and didn't feel like it separated my lashes at all. Rather, it made them stick together and look somewhat sparse. Overall not something I would purchase in the future. Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Kavya P.
I was so excited to receive my complimentary vox box thanks to Influenster and Maybelline! I remember using Great Lash back in the 8th grade; my first venture into makeup was this classic mascara in the original pink and green tube! I was excited to try the new blue version. I used a white eye lash primer and then applied the Maybelline great lash mascara in royal blue. I applied several coats to get voluminous lashes. The color was very vibrant, very pigmented, and the perfect pop of color for the summer! The mascara oxidized with long wear and turned into a darker, more navy blue after several hours.
Britni L.
Tampa, FL
I received the complimentary Maybelline Great Lash box from Influenster and was very excited to try a COLORED mascara! I have never worn colored mascara, and having brown eyes, I had an inclination that the Royal Blue hue would lighten my brown eyes (purple does, and blue is very similar!)  After trying this mascara out a few times, here is what I have learned: This should be used as a top coat to add color, but not to volumize or thicken the look of your lashes. It is also important to use while your lashes are still WET! I found that it is not easy to build color when using alone, and will just leave you with clumped lashes. So if you want a TOUCH of blue on your lashes, I would suggest using the Maybelline Great Lash over your regular mascara(s). Another fun and unique use, you can use on your eyebrows as eyebrow gel if you are doing blue brows!
Cindy H.
Stockbridge, GA
I received the Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara and the Maybelline Unstoppable® Mechanical Eyeliner Pencil free for reviewing purposes from Influenster. I've worn the mascara a coupe times to test it out. Overall it is a must for the lower lashes because it gives a small pop of color to the look. My preference for the top lashes will continue to be a black mascara specially sense the blue color did not stand out too much. The eyeliner did not work for me very well because I have oily lids and the liner smudged within 3 hours after application. I do feel that it would work better on dry skin.
Merrissa D.
Receiving The Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara For Free Was A Huge Treat, I Remember My Grandma Wearing This Brand When I Was A Child. She Passed Less Than A Year Ago & I Was Blessed To Be Able To Try It In Her Memory. I Love The Application Brush & The Blue Hue That Showed Up. On My Eyes, To Me It Pulled Some Of The Gold Out Of My Hazel Eyes.
I Tried This Product Over One Thin Layer Of A Random Black Mascara I Already Owned. It Didn't Clump & Thats The Biggest Bonus For Me!! I Will Definitely Try Nothing But This Mascara Next Time!! I Have A Feeling The All Blue Will Be Incredible With My Eye Color.
Amanda B.
Belleville, IL
I received Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue free for complimentary testing purposes, but all of the following opinions are my own. First I must say, the color is so pretty from the tube and on the bristles. However, when I see colors like this that are vividly bright, I kind of hope that is what I will see after at most two coats. When I put the first coat on, I had to use my lash separator to make my lashes look decent; and, each time I applied thereafter, I had to do the same thing. Also, it took three coats to get that beautiful blue to show up on my lashes. I was a little bummed out on that and still some lashes were a bit clumped together. I must say on a positive note, however, that the formula did not irritate my eyes one bit; and, I have sensitive eyes.
Lashanda B.
First let me I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but this is my own opinion. I created a Look with this mascara and I feel like the Look came out beautifully because of receiving this mascara I used colors I wouldn't normally use. There seems to be a lot of product in the tube because the wand was coated nicely. I used about three coats to achieve the right amount of the electric blue that I was going for and I wanted my bottom lashes to stand out. The only thing that I would change about this mascara would be the wand. I wish the steam of the wand was thinner and the actual bristles were smaller so that I could get closer to my lashes. Otherwise this is a great product.
Kelly L.
Prudenville, MI
This mascara is absolutely beautiful. I have very light lashes and this mascara managed to make my lashes look longer and thicker. I am in love with the color too. Only issue was that it slightly irritated my eyes, but I have very sensitive eyes so this would probably not be an issue for most people. I was a little nervous to try a blue mascara but the color is actually subtle. I actually got a lot of compliments but could only give it 4 stars because of my eye irritation. It would be perfect if the formula would have been less irritating, but again, if you don't have sensitive eyes or skin, this mascara will probably be great for you.

I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Rachel S.
After receiving this from Influenster to review, I was honestly disappointed because it's a product I thought I'd hate. However, I was actually really impressed. The blue is very subtle on first application, since I have dark lashes. But the color shows more vibrantly with each coat. So it ranges from a slightly royal tint to an electric blue, depending on your preference. The mascara itself is nice, but nothing that blows me out of the water. It's slightly lenthening, not really clumpy. I could see it being a good match with a volumizing white lash primer. Overall if you're looking to add some color to your makeup routine, this is a simple option to do that in a reasonable, customizable way.

Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.