BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
sami H.
Chillicothe, OH
I love the idea behind this product, however it did not work for me. The blue did not show up well (although I do have dark lashes), it wasn't lengthening, volumizing, or anything you look for in a mascara. It was a wet consistency and hard to work with. My lashes definitely didn't want to curl, even after using a curler.

I did give the product a fair chance, however. I thought, "Hey, it's still pretty and it look cool on the lower lashes!" So I wore it for a few hours. At that point my eyes started to burn and water. The mascara was running everywhere and crumbling.

To be completely honest, I've never tried a worse mascara lol. Please note that I do not have sensitive eyes and have never had an issue with burning before.

I'm not bashing this product, only being honest! I'm sure it works great for others!:)

(I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.). Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Mirela Z.
Alpharetta, GA
First off I want to say thank you to @influenster & @maybelline for the free products for testing! This was my second #voxbox and I was incredibly excited to try on and review the makeup. Please keep in mind though the products were free my review is my own honest opinion... so now all that is out of the way, the mascara comes in the cute and classic tradition bright pink and green tube we all know and love from maybelline great lash mascaras and it also has the same (I'd describe it as a more separated spiral bristle) lash building brush. As for the formula I love that it is smooth and not clumpy, it doesn't leave me with spider eyes and I love that I can keep building until I am satisfied with my look! When it comes to the color I also am satisfied with the results, I am a redhead with dark lashes and you definitely see a slight pop of color in most lights. Outside in the sun and in well light areas that slight pop becomes a wow! The royal blue really is a gorgeous color and gives even my everyday simple eye look pop of color. Love this for the summer!
Naema K.
San Jacinto
I like this mascara I'm just not in love with it if you want a simple fast to go look you go for this mascara but if you want something dematic don't buy this item
EZX Anna C.
It's really royal blue! This legendary mascara comes from 1971 ! It's incredible ! I love her now even more! Comfortable brush well divides eyelashes, great packaging , good lengthens, does not crumble , eyelashes bright and beautiful, all you need for sunny days ! This is my favorite for the summer season!  Thank you @Influenster ! received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. #Maybelline #Influenster #free #complimentary #testing #GreatLashBlue #contest #Voxbox
Alexis J.
Huntington, WV
Alright so I took forever to try this product (that influenster sent me for free). I was kind of disappointed when I found out I would be receiving BLUE mascara. Oh don't get me wrong I love mascara and wear it daily. But blue... I was underwhelmed. This color is not my taste especially because I am a WOC I have black lashes and to be honest I wasn't sure you'd be able to tell it was even blue when I put it on.

So fast forward to me trying it on in the comfort of my bathroom, knowing I had no place to go. Lol. You could definitely tell it was blue but not a pretty "oh that's nice" blue. More like this belongs with my Halloween costume makeup blue. So in terms of quality it is very pigmented, it goes on kind of smooth. The wand is super large, not a big fan of that, and I could not tell you about the longevity because I took it off immediately. If I were a blue mascara wearing kinda girl I could say this may be a go to product for me, but since I am not you will not see me reaching for this mascara any time soon. Thanks Maybelline for bringing it back I know many love it, but the color is not for me!!!

Riannon F.
Cleveland, TN
I did not think that I would like this blue mascara....but boy was I wrong! I love the wand because it coats my lashes well, even the tiny ones. The blue was a lot more subtle than I was expecting too. People did notice it, but I do not think it was too distracting. I have been wearing it every day for a few weeks now, and I am still getting compliments. I was worried because I have red hair and fair skinned, but I think anyone can pull off this mascara.
Chrisy L.
Brooklyn, NY
I have hazel eyes and darker complexion/coloring, so never in a million years did I think to try blue mascara on it's own. I was worried it'd look costume-y, and like I was wearing something ridiculous on my eyes. To my delight, the effect was quite the opposite! The blue color did bring out the whites of my eyes, but over my dark lashes, the blue color wasn't shocking, so I could wear this mascara in many settings. And I did! I wore it to work (only a couple of girls noticed, and compliments were forthcoming) and to church (my kindergartners were impressed), and I am sold on this mascara. It lasts a really long time--I work from 7am to 10pm, and this lasted through the day!--is smooth to apply and vibrant from start to finish. I don't know if it'll be replacing my regular mascara, but I know I'll definitely be repurchasing to have in my makeup collection. Thank you to Influentser and Maybelline for the complimentary gift of this mascara; I love llove loved it!
Allison C.
(DISCLOSURE: I received this mascara as part of an Influenster VoxBox In April 2016.) When it comes to eye makeup, I keep it as natural as possible 99% of the time: brown eyeliner, dark brown or black mascara, and nude eye palettes. However, it's nice to switch it up every now and then. When I saw that Maybelline was putting out a Royal Blue version of their classic Great Lash line - complete in its iconic pink and green casing - I knew I had to give it a shot.

Coverage wise, I was very pleased. It thickened my lashes and didn't smear or transfer to my eyelids after application. Maybe I'm just lucky, but my lashes curled a little bit on their own after application. NICE!

Color-wise...well, I'm a little disappointed. I wasn't expecting anything akin to a blinding neon blue, but the color was too subtle on my top lashes. Seeing as my bottom lashes are lighter and a little more sparse, I saw more blue appear there. In the sunlight, a hint of blue is more noticeable, but if your average indoor lighting, I see no difference.

Still, for the coverage it provides, I am pretty happy with this product! Just wish that Royal Blue worked a little better on my top lashes! Can't win 'em all, haha!
Caitlyn P.
Indianapolis, IN
I received this product complementary for testing purposes in exchange for my honest opinion!

1) It's been a while since I've used Maybelline Great Lash mascara so I was sort of surprised by how small the brush was. I noticed too that there wasn't that much product on the brush -- which can be both good and bad --
2) I started to coat my lashes, and I will say the formula goes on nicely. It's not clumpy at all. This is a great mascara if you want separation and lengthening.
3) I thought the mascara fell short when it came to providing volume! I naturally have longer, somewhat full lashes, but I really love when a mascara helps to make them look more full. This just made my lashes look long and separated. I asked my mom how she thought it looked on me, and she said she couldn't really see any difference. Upon closer look - she finally was able to notice the blue tint.
4) The blue is a nice color, but I think it needs to be layered a few times to make it more noticeable. The good thing, however, is that this mascara is very build-able because the formulation does not cause anything to club, so you can keep layering the product!

Overall, I'd say it's okay. I personally would probably not purchase this, but it does have some benefits to it!
Marisa G.
Billerica, MA
The blue is back and I am happy! I used this years ago and was super bummed when I couldn't find it anymore. Now, Maybelline has resurrected their royal blue Great Lash and I am stocking up!

What I love about this shade is that it is a totally wearable blue. It isn't shocking and doesn't look like you're heading to a rave. It is the perfect kick.

I apply mascara primer beneath my royal blue Great Lash to give it an extra punch! I have brown eyes and this really makes them pop. Another thing I like to do is layer it OVER my brown/black mascara. This gives it a sort of blue highlighted look that I just love. I've also experimented with using my regular mascara and then layering the blue onto the tips. Another look I really like!

I've found that this mascara isn't clumpy or flaky and lasts throughout the day. Exactly what you expect from Great Lash.

Bottom line: this is staying in my rotation!

*I received this product for free in exchange for my honest feedback*
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.