BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Tiffanie K.
Orlando, FL
I received this product complimentary from Influenster in exchange for an honest review, but all opinions are my own. I used the original black formula when I was a teenager and I had to stop using it once I was I was 17 because it started irritating my eyes. At the time the formula was wet and thin, and I wonder if the product would run into my eyes. This cobalt blue formula is different, and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. It is lightweight and thin-ish? But it's not watery - it has the consistency of a conditioner/cream. I found that this mascara defined my lashes beautifully, but it does not provide enough length and volume. I think this is a good formula if you are creating a natural look, because your lashes will be wispy and separated you just won't have dramatic, thick, or long lashes. The pop of blue is subtle but pretty, and it is most noticeable on the lower lashes. I like to pair it with brown, neutral eye looks. I would recommend it to someone who wants easy, natural-looking make up products. I probably won't repurchase but this was fun to try.
Ginel M.
DISCLAIMER: I recieved this product complimentary from Influenster for reviewing purposes, all of the opinions are my own. I was really excited to try this out because I remember really loving this mascara when I had it years ago, but I don't know what happened, has the formula changed or something? I didn't find this volumizing nor lengthening; it's not like it made my ladhes look horrible, but didn't do much to them either. The worst thing this has is the wand, it's like an eyebrow comb would have workwd better, does not help the pigment get to the lashes at all. And the color....there was not much pigmentation on them, and it seems like after a while the pigment kind of fades away because I've had the mascara on for 3hr and I hardly see any blue on my lashes. This was an overall dissappointment.
Elizabeth B.
Nashville, TN
Maybelline was actually the first mascara I ever used over a decade ago. The iconic pink bottle was always seen on television and my mothers vanity. Since then I've tried dozens of mascaras and finally settled for Diorshow Iconic Curl 2 years ago. This is my first box to review and I am very happy to receive products that are accessible to every woman. The mascara is a beautiful shade of blue that I feel adds an accent without looking costume-y. Unfortunately, the brush does not pack the punch of layering as I had hoped. I tried the mascara several ways, and the best outcome was layered over my own mascara after it had dried. Now, I'm sure for blondes of women with lighter eyelashes, this may have been perfect with a few swipes. Here's what I think the BEST outcome would be - get the white primer mascara and apply over that! I think this would definitely keep the color vibrant and also volumize and lengthen the lashes! I will definitely try that out. I think if Maybelline fixed their brush head, the product would be more effective!
Kat S.
Huntington
My mom used this, her mom used this, and her mom used this. This product has been around forever. I have always had a love hate relationship. The formula is okay, but the brush is amazing.
Nina M.
Charleston, WV
Updating the review, and adding a star. I tried the mascara with a different wand/brush. It works much better. You can't tell the mascara is blue unless you're close, but it actually looks like I have mascara on now. I'll try to post pictures later. I just changed the mascara wand for one with more spread out bristles. It works much better. Makes my lashes look fuller and the blue mascara actually gets on all the lashes. 🙂

I really enjoyed getting to try it. Sadly, you couldn't really see it on my dark eyelashes and the wand wasn't very good for applying, it would look great on someone with blonde thick lashes. I'm going to give it another try with a different wand that didn't come with it. It would also help if the mascara was a little bit thicker formula.
Destiny B.
First off I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free for testing purposes, but all the opinions I'm about to state are my own. It's a wonderful mascara! It's an amazing mascara actually. I would run off and purchase this item when this one runs out. The mascara wand is really good for separating my lashes and getting an even coat. My only problem is that the blue is definitely not as visible as they make it seem on dark lashes. When I wanted the blue to be even a tiny bit visible I had to layer and clump the mascara on, but once I layered it to get the color payoff it was there and bright blue and amazing! Definitely not something I wear everyday. It's more of a I feel like doing something different, but not too drastic. I do kinda like that one coat looks very natural, so if this was the only mascara I brought with me on a vacation it would be a versatile option.
Kelsey O.
Philadelphia, PA
I received this mascara complimentary from Influenster in exchange for my review. My voxbox included the Maybeline Great lash in Royal blue and Onyx gel eye liner. To be honest I was pessimistic about the Royal Blue color. I thought it was going to look cheap and tacky but I was wrong! I was surprised how much I liked it, especially because I normally go for a more natural look. First I applied my normal black mascara. Then I applied this over top. It gave my lashes a gorgeous, rich royal blue tint. It wasn't overwhelming by any means. In the right light you notice it a lot more. I have blue eyes and it really made them pop. The color reminds me a lot of in blue. The color once applied looked just about the same. This was the first time I ever used great lash period. It applied great with no clumping or flaking allowing me to put on multiple coats. I would buy this mascara and the onyx eyeliner. I normally use a pencil but this went on more precisely.
@influenster @maybelline @InfluensterVox #GreatLashBlue
Pratibha K.
Sandy Spring, MD
Maybelline #GreatLashBlue Mascara Review 📝 #PrettyByPratibha
••••••••••
So I received this product for free for my honest review. I applied it on as I would any mascara, building it up with multiple coats and added some blue eyeshadow on my bottom lash line to try to make the blue color pop more. The bottom right picture was taken within a macro lens so you can see it with more detail.
Pros 👍🏽
* Cute pop of blue
Cons 👎🏽
* Color pay off is poor unless in person
* Does not show well in pictures (standard iPhone 7 lens)
* Does not provide the length and/or volume other mascaras do
Recommend❓
* I wouldn't recommend this product to my family and friends simply because even if the length and volume is lacking, at least if the color pay off was vibrant I would be ok with it. That being said I love other Maybelline products and swear by their FitMe foundation and powd
Georgia N.
Waterloo
This mascara is one of my top 3 mascara it is smooth and gives me maximum volume and it lasts the whole day and is easy to take off at the end of the day and while wearing this product people asked me what fake lashes I had on and I didn't 😆 It was all in the mascara!!! Love maybelline and this product
sami H.
Chillicothe, OH
I love the idea behind this product, however it did not work for me. The blue did not show up well (although I do have dark lashes), it wasn't lengthening, volumizing, or anything you look for in a mascara. It was a wet consistency and hard to work with. My lashes definitely didn't want to curl, even after using a curler.

I did give the product a fair chance, however. I thought, "Hey, it's still pretty and it look cool on the lower lashes!" So I wore it for a few hours. At that point my eyes started to burn and water. The mascara was running everywhere and crumbling.

To be completely honest, I've never tried a worse mascara lol. Please note that I do not have sensitive eyes and have never had an issue with burning before.

I'm not bashing this product, only being honest! I'm sure it works great for others!:)

(I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.). Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.