BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Lindsey P.
Portland, OR
I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free from Influenster but this review is honest and totally my own. :)

I've never been the biggest fan of the Great Lash formula since I like my eyelashes to be as big and dramatic as possible, and this doesn't really deliver with the extra like I like. When I tried the new Royal Blue formula  I loved the pop of color and how it looked a little funky, but still felt it lacked in the drama I like from mascara. I also felt like it smudged a litttle too much for my liking, and when I tried to layer it with a more dramatic black mascara underneath the blue color wasn't bright enough to be seen on top of the black. However, it was easy to apply and I'd imagine it'd be AWESOME on someone that already has dramatic eyelashes or wants a little less LOOK from their mascara. The color is very cool and this definitely made me want to pick up a different blue or violet mascara - maybe even to layer with the Maybelline for a more dramatic look.

Overall: easy to apply, good color, but not really my jam. I think if you're a fan of the original Great Lash formula you'll love this, but for me I need to keep looking.

Thanks for the box, Influenster!
Nicole A.
Staten Island, NY
It's back!!! I can't begin to express how happy I am to see this mascara again. This blue mascara adds a pop of color to lashes without being too loud! It makes a statement but it's also a great way to switch up your routine from basic black or brown. It adds light volume and fullness to lashes and the wand is very easy to control. I start at the base of my lashes and wiggle and turn the brush as I apply. This both separates and adds even extra volume. There is no flaking and this won't dry out your lashes. For an added pop - pair with a blue liner in your water line. To play it down- apply just to your lower lashes. This product allows you to be creative while giving you the Maybelline quality. In my book, it's a must have. I received this product complimentary through influenster for reviewing and testing purposes. All opinions are 100% my own.
Misty B.
Monroe, MI
I've always enjoyed the colored Great Lash mascaras PURELY for their color -- they're not especially lenghtening, volumizing, or defining, so they're not going to give you much in the way of what you'd normally buy a mascara for. But for color, they really can't be beat, and I typically keep each color onhand for costume makeups or for when I just feel like shaking things up.
That said, I don't think I can continue using them anymore. I noticed the last time I wore the Royal Blue, I had a VERY painful burning sensation after getting a tiny bit of it in my eye. I figured that it was just an old tube and threw it away, and didn't think much about it. But now that I've tried it again with a brand new tube from influenster, and had the exact same thing happen, I've come to the conclusion that it's the formula. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I don't *think* it's an allergy, as I've never had it happen with any other mascara, colored or not. But if I get even the tiiiiiniest bit on my eye or in my waterline, my eye feels like I've just doused it in acid, and end up watering so bad that I cry the entirety of the (very not waterproof) mascara away.
It's a 5 for color, but a 1 for everything else.
This is definitely not the best mascara. I do use it a lot though. I am sure that you could spend more money and find a better one. I got it from Ulta . I am sure that there could be improvements. I would recommend it for someone who is just starting out in makeup.
Adrina C.
MEMPHIS, TN
I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions my own. I really do like this mascara! The color is not over the top so it can be worn with out causing to much of a fuse. The problem I had is that it took me forever to build the color that I wanted to see from the product. I literally took like 10 minutes to build my blue. I had to let it dry and add more and more so I wish it had more pigment. But, if you use a white mascara primer first maybe it would not be so bad. I just wasn't about to go out and buy one lol. But I did get the color finally and I will be using this again. It even makes me want to explore other colors of mascara because I like the look! They also sent an outlast eyeliner and it was surprisingly smoothMaybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable MascaraCOVERGIRL Outlast Smoothwear All Day Eyeliner For Eye Makeup
cassandra b.
Waterford, MI
I received this product to test for free from influenster to review.
Here my experience with this mascara:
When I opened the bottle to apply the mascara the smell was not pleasant. The mascara itself wasn't evenly distributed on the brush. I applied it three times to get my eyelashes too look as even as possible and they still weren't proportioned which then made my eyelashes look fake and clumpy. The blue mascara looked nice and vibrant on the brush but it is very subtle on the eyelashes. I am a waitress and none of my customers noticed nor did my coworkers until I pointed it out to them. It did however last all day and didn't leave much flake marks in my glasses.

My opinion sadly on this product is pass on it. I still like Maybelline and will remain a customer... just not on this product.

The top two pictures are with no eye makeup on and the bottom two are with the mascara and eyeliner.
Ginel M.
DISCLAIMER: I recieved this product complimentary from Influenster for reviewing purposes, all of the opinions are my own. I was really excited to try this out because I remember really loving this mascara when I had it years ago, but I don't know what happened, has the formula changed or something? I didn't find this volumizing nor lengthening; it's not like it made my ladhes look horrible, but didn't do much to them either. The worst thing this has is the wand, it's like an eyebrow comb would have workwd better, does not help the pigment get to the lashes at all. And the color....there was not much pigmentation on them, and it seems like after a while the pigment kind of fades away because I've had the mascara on for 3hr and I hardly see any blue on my lashes. This was an overall dissappointment.
Tiffanie K.
Orlando, FL
I received this product complimentary from Influenster in exchange for an honest review, but all opinions are my own. I used the original black formula when I was a teenager and I had to stop using it once I was I was 17 because it started irritating my eyes. At the time the formula was wet and thin, and I wonder if the product would run into my eyes. This cobalt blue formula is different, and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. It is lightweight and thin-ish? But it's not watery - it has the consistency of a conditioner/cream. I found that this mascara defined my lashes beautifully, but it does not provide enough length and volume. I think this is a good formula if you are creating a natural look, because your lashes will be wispy and separated you just won't have dramatic, thick, or long lashes. The pop of blue is subtle but pretty, and it is most noticeable on the lower lashes. I like to pair it with brown, neutral eye looks. I would recommend it to someone who wants easy, natural-looking make up products. I probably won't repurchase but this was fun to try.
Nicole H.
Ardmore, PA
I received this product in a Great Lash Blue voxbox from Influenster but all reviews and opinions are my own.

I wish I could give half stars because I think I would give this product a 3.5

This mascara is INSANELY lengthening, honestly I feel like my lashes might touch my eyebrows but it almost clumps them together so rather than looking like a fan of lashes it is more just groups of long, skinny clumps in a sense. I do like the blue, and after two coats you are able to see the other but not from far away, so I actually do enjoy that. If you had lighter lashes it would probably show up far better, but dark hair is more difficult.

The thing I absolutely hate is the brush. The bristles are straight, thick, and firm and I swear it scrapes against my eyelid and it actually hurt to apply this mascara which I don't think should ever be the case. Maybe I just got a bad one, but that is a major turnoff for me.

That being said, it isn't very expensive and I think it lengthens very well. If that is something you're interested in, in addition to a pop of color, then this is a good product for you!
Kat S.
Huntington
My mom used this, her mom used this, and her mom used this. This product has been around forever. I have always had a love hate relationship. The formula is okay, but the brush is amazing.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.