BY MAYBELLINE

• I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?29 Answers
  • I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Raven G.
The picture that I had uploaded is a picture using ONLY the Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner and the Great Lash Mascara in the color Royal Blue. At first, I was really excited to try out blue lashes WITHOUT putting fake blue lashes on. But within a few time of trying out the product, I was very disappointed. The Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara itself was amazingly lightweight; it felt like I had no mascara on. However, my eyelashes are really dark, so the color didn't stick too well. Yet the Mascara still gave me the length I love. Overall, it was just the color. I feel that if someone wanted to use this Mascara for the color, the color of their eyelashes needs to be light.

Now for the I would honestly only use it in my waterline. My personal preference is to use gel or liquid. If you are on the same boat as I am, I would highly recommend to use this product as a waterline eyeliner. It gives a very nice dark color AND it stays put!
Tiffany J.
Clinton Twp, MI
I received the Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara in my Voxbox and I could not wait to review this product. I'm so excited I was selected to review this complimentary mascara. My go to mascara over the past eight years has been Maybelline BIG Brownish Black Mascara. However to my surprise, this royal blue color is now top 2. Below is my honest opinion on why.

1 - I have a darker skin tone so I was skeptical about the blue showing up or even looking good on my lashes..

2 - Once I applied my foundation, did my brows, & put a nice gloss on, I began to apply the Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara.

3 - It only took two applications and I instantly saw the beautiful blue coming from my lashes.

4 -I do not wear a lot of makeup so this mascara will be a great pop to my routine.

5 - I'm so excited to wear this out today, when the sun hits my face the blue will really shine.
Melissa M.
Crest Hill, IL
At first I was nervous blue mascara? I'm definitely not 20 anymore. How can I pull this off?? I love makeup so I decided just to give it a chance. Now it's a product that never leaves my makeup bag. Do you know what's so great about this product. Not only does it give you a lot of volume and length but it gives you a pop of beautiful color. I never thought that Maybelline would make my brown eyes blue. Little did I know that this would become my favorite product. I now where it a lot of days in my week. An Insider tip I love to build up my lashes with Maybelline black and then add the blue over and it gives a pop of color in all the right spots! Its all about how the lighting hits you! I received this product as a free sample! All opinions and thoughts are my own! Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Alaina S.
Crockett, CA
Before and after of eye makeup voxbox @influenster sent me for free to try and post a review about. The main item was Maybelline great lash blue mascara. TBH not a fan. The blue is too subtle for what I'd want with colored mascara and I already use Maybelline's Push-up Angel line most of the time which is better quality. Also it says it's only available at Wal-Mart. Sorry, but I don't shop there or other places that don't support the lgbt community in the way Target and Ulta do.

The second item was an Unstoppable automatic liner pencil in onyx. That made up for the mascara I'll probably toss in the trash because I already buy that eyeliner for one of my everyday ones. 😊

Before is on left with Ulta black liner, mascara, and lip cream. After is on the right with the free Maybelline products and Soap & Glory lip gloss.

"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."

@influenster #GreatLashBlue #contest #maybelline #makeup #freebies #voxbox #BloomBadge Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Evita B.
I have the waterproof mascara. It definitely adds volume to the lashes and helps lift the lashes up. The quality is definitely good and the it is worth the try. I would buy it again in the future.
Emily W.
Raleigh, NC
I had actually never tried a Great Lash mascara until I received this Royal Blue one in the latest Maybelline VoxBox! I did receive this product for free for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

I have mixed feelings about this mascara, if I'm honest. On the plus side, the formula isn't very wet, which is exactly what I need on my lashes. And as a brunette, the blue is actually perfectly wearable into the office.

Having said that, I feel as if the wand itself is lacking - it does an all right job with separating lashes, but doesn't add very much length or volume. Also, the blue is almost too wearable. If I go out of my way for a blue mascara, I'd like for it to have more of a POP than this one does. Even paired with a blue liner on the lower lashes, it's hard to tell outside of direct sunlight that my lashes are actually blue.

But if super subtle color is your thing, this might be the perfect mascara for you!
Brit N.
I was very excited to receive this product since I LOVE colourful makeup, but unfortunately, the first time I tried it out (without primer) I was disappointed to find that the royal blue barely showed up on my dark lashes. With lash primer, the colour is at least noticeable, but still not what I was expecting--it honestly just looks like I'm wearing regular mascara unless I look closely. I've been looking for coloured mascara since I received the purple Better Than Sex mascara from the Too Faced x Nikki Tutorials collab, so I was hoping this would be comparable, but I'm honestly not very impressed. However, I still think this would look great on someone with lighter lashes (mine are nearly black); the electric blue shade on the applicator looks stunning! It does appear to lengthen my lashes and gives them a fuller look, but it does clump up easily (which is very difficult to avoid while trying to get the colour to show up). $6 certainly isn't a bad deal for the quality, which is why I'm still giving it 3 stars, but personally I probably would not purchase this due to the lack of vibrant colour I was hoping for. *Disclaimer: I received this product free from Influenster to test + review!*
Vanessa B.
minneapolis, MN
I received this product free, but all opinions are my own. I have to say that I was both surprised and disappointed in this mascara. I was surprised because I thought that I would not like the blue color at all--namely because I tend to wear bronze and brown eyeshadow, and I wasn't sure how a blue would go with it. I think that it doesn't go with most colors that I wear, but when I did a basic tan eye look, the blue looked nice. You can't really tell that it is blue in overhead lighting (which I liked) but when you are in the sun---wow--it's pretty bold (which I didn't like). My main issue with the mascara was that I couldn't achieve the full, long lashes I wanted. I even tried applying a mascara primer before applying the mascara. It took about three coats of the mascara to get my lashes to a point that I was satisfied (but definitely not thrilled or impressed). My lashes aren't naturally long or full, so I really rely on my mascara to compensate for that, and this mascara wasn't able to help me achieve that look.
Anna W.
I received the Maybelline Great Lash mascara in the color Royal Blue free in a Voxbox, with the promise of an honest review. When I realized that I was getting a blue mascara, at first I wasn't overly excited. I mean I love free makeup, but I just wasn't sure I would ever use BLUE mascara. Well, I was wrong! As soon as I received the box, I opened it and opened the mascara up. The blue was so vibrant and beautiful so I decided to try it on immediately. The mascara applies beautifully. I've used Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in the past in black and my mom and I both love it. Its not clumpy, adds some length, and just gives your lashes a great look. At first when I applied the blue, I thought that you couldn't really tell that it was blue. I applied a second layer and then went outside in the sunshine and OH MY, this blue mascara is gorgeous. Its definitely not an everyday color that I would wear to work, but its so fun and beautiful and I can imagine many situations where I would be able to put this to use. I'm going to go out and get another one for my mom because she really liked it too!
Nicole A.
Staten Island , NY
It's back!!! I can't begin to express how happy I am to see this mascara again. This blue mascara adds a pop of color to lashes without being too loud! It makes a statement but it's also a great way to switch up your routine from basic black or brown. It adds light volume and fullness to lashes and the wand is very easy to control. I start at the base of my lashes and wiggle and turn the brush as I apply. This both separates and adds even extra volume. There is no flaking and this won't dry out your lashes. For an added pop - pair with a blue liner in your water line. To play it down- apply just to your lower lashes. This product allows you to be creative while giving you the Maybelline quality. In my book, it's a must have. I received this product complimentary through influenster for reviewing and testing purposes. All opinions are 100% my own.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.