BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Erika R.
Stockton, CA
This mascara works wonders with my small lashes, it lasts me all day & the only reason I got it was because my mom used to use it back then and I was like “Awwww I wanna try it” & every since I bought it, I love it!
Monique R.
Atlanta, GA
Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
I really had high hopes for this mascara with a little apprehension but I was extremely disappointed in the end result. It almost did not show up at all. In the picture attached to this review, the mascara is on my right eye (left eye when looking at the picture). My left eye (right eye when looking at the picture) has no product on it at all. They almost look the exact same! I used about 3 coats of the Great Lash Royal Blue and unfortunately did not achieve any results.
Pros: The brush is definitely amazing. It definitely applies product clump free and separates your lashes as it applies.
Cons: If you have dark hair, you will WITHOUT QUESTION need a lash primer. Otherwise this mascara will not show up at all.
Lisa M.
Love Maybelline.. It's been around forever. Always gives me a full lash look without being cakey. Also like that it doesn't smudge, no woman likes her makeup coming with a timer
Lilly D.
Carbondale, IL
When I was a teenager, Maybelline Great Lash was a mascara that I bought regularly. What I remember of this mascara from back then is that, though it did not make my lashes clumpy (which I hate!), it was runny and did smudge under my eyes badly by the end of the day.

When testing out this product, I wore it for a 9 hour barista shift, where I would have no chances to check on the mascara, and I was surprised to find by the end of my shift that it did not smudge! In that regard, I was impressed. Otherwise, as far as color payoff goes, this reminds me of the NYX Cosmetics Color Mascara (which I buy in purple.) In fact, I think the formula is very similar to the NYX mascara generally. Unfortunately, I don't find it to be as buildable as I would like for a color mascara, though I think it is a nice, inexpensive option to test before splurging on a higher end product. (My holy grail brightly colored mascara is the YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara in purple.)

All in all, I found this product to be ok, especially at the price point, and I am honored to have received this product for free, in exchange for my review.

Sara H.
I was very excited to receive my first Influesnter Box #GreatLashBlue. It was completely free to try.  I was also excited to hear it was going to be Great Lash mascara because my friends and family have used and raved about this brand of mascara for years. I loved the colour but I was underwhelmed by my results. My lashes clumped together in chunks making my eye lashes look thin and they did nothing for the length. I tried combing them but it did very little good. The colour was very pretty though and complimented what I was wearing beautifully. I am glad I got to try it, but I am glad I did not spend my money on it. I will use in the future just for some pops of colour around my eyes but when I wear mascara i tend to go for bold and long.
With this they also sent me an eyeliner. Now the eyeliner I really liked! It went on SO SMOOTH, did not irritate my eyes, smudged easily and was easy to handle and use. It twists to "sharpen" so that is nice as I do not need to carry a sharpener. The only thing is I wish the colour was a little more intense but I will definitely be buying the eyeliner again and hopefully in different colours.
Ellie A.
great mascara and doesn’t make lashes clumpy! i hate a clumpy lash and i tend to get that with my thick lashes! this has a curved brush and gets into the inner and outer corner so well! 10/10 recommend!
Deanna F.
Pahrump, NV
Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara was a super hit for me!! This mascara was so good from the application process to the final touch. To apply this Mascara was so easy, it was so easy that I was able yo apply it on while my 1 year old was cuddling in my arms. The Blue was the perfect touch this, the blue definitely pops the eyes more. This mascara also holds up to be called Great H Maybelline Unstoppable® Mechanical Eyeliner Pencil I also got to try this eyeliner and can I just say I love this one! Unstoppable is the perfect name for this product, it really does make you feel unstoppable too. These products win in my book!! Thank you to Influenster for sending me these products for Free to give my own opinion on them.
Raven G.
The picture that I had uploaded is a picture using ONLY the Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner and the Great Lash Mascara in the color Royal Blue. At first, I was really excited to try out blue lashes WITHOUT putting fake blue lashes on. But within a few time of trying out the product, I was very disappointed. The Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara itself was amazingly lightweight; it felt like I had no mascara on. However, my eyelashes are really dark, so the color didn't stick too well. Yet the Mascara still gave me the length I love. Overall, it was just the color. I feel that if someone wanted to use this Mascara for the color, the color of their eyelashes needs to be light.

Now for the I would honestly only use it in my waterline. My personal preference is to use gel or liquid. If you are on the same boat as I am, I would highly recommend to use this product as a waterline eyeliner. It gives a very nice dark color AND it stays put!
Taylor S.
I received Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All my opinions are solely my own.

This is my first time using a color mascara so I was expecting the color to be a lot more vibrant. Once I applied the color, my eyelashes had a slightly blue hue, but definitely not what I was expecting. I don't think it added anything to my overall beauty look, but it was a fun change from my normal black mascara.

Maybe If I had a primer first the blue would have been more visible. I have brown lashes so the color looked vibrant when the mascara was still wet, but when it dried I could only see the blue when I looked extremely closely. I assume this would be more visible in sunny weather. The blue hue was not noticeable unless there was direct light hitting my face.

Additionally, Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara did not add any thickening or lengthening. I was expecting the product to add some length and volume. If you are looking for very understated blue lashes this is the product for you.

Also included in the complementary package was waterproof Unstoppable pencil liner in Onyx. I did not pair the eyeliner with the Lash Royal Blue Mascara, this would have definitely made the mascara look even more understated. I only usually use liquid eyeliner because I feel that pencil liner is not as versatile. This is was typical drugstore liner with good lasting qualities.
Maxi O.
Bethesda
As many mascaras as I’ve tried, I always find myself going back to this one. It’s simply advertised and rightfully a crowd favorite. It doesn’t dull throughout the day either! My favorite mascara 100%.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.