BY MAYBELLINE

• I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Leah B.
Philadelphia, PA
A lot of people rave about this mascara because it was inexpensive and applies to the lashes great. I just don't see what the hype is about. Yes, it is a decent mascara, but not something I would go out of my way to purchase and to use.
Madigan 🍍.
I have used this product for a long time now the thing that i would want to change is that the more you put in the clumpier it gets I would highly recommend for a drug store mascara and I would buy it again
Shelby H.
Piedmont, AL
Great starter product. While it isn’t something I would want to wear everyday it is overall pretty good quality. If you’re looking for a relatively cheap mascara that can and will spice things up this is the one to go with.
Angelica M.
Miami Gardens , FL
This mascara is the greatest mascara I’ve ever used. Are usually use this mascara when I go out with friends.It makes my eyelashes look longer. I also like that it’s really affordable. Every time I run out I always buy more.
Ashley M.
Eastville
 I get this mascara  as a free gift with my Micller water. Loving the mascara. I already had a back up. I see why this mascara is being number one in everyone makeup bags for ever. Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara
Paula M.
McAllen , TX
Thank you so much Influenster and Maybelline for giving us a chance to review this mascara!

My lashes are short so a little bit of mascara helps. In the picture, you can see that it gave it some length but it isn't a lengthening or volumizing mascara it is your typical mascara that really just coats your lashes. For color pay off it took me about four coats letting each a bit dry before applying another to avoid just clumping everything.  You can tell that I am wearing a blue mascara as well, my sister even said they are obvious in natural lighting.

I wore it throughout the day and living in Texas it is humid and it did not smear or smudge like some of my mascaras!

So the two stars off are because one, animal testing with Maybelline is still not clear they claim to be non-believers of animal testing yet state that when necessary they will? So I'm assuming China? The second is for when I washed my face it easily came off BUT it reallllyyyyy stung my eyes!!! I'm just glad I didn't get any when I applied it because then it would've destroyed my makeup.
Marisol S.
El Paso, TX
I signed up to receive this Maybelline Great Lash Voxbox for two reasons: 1) I really liked the quality of their original black formula and 2) I personally did not own a royal blue mascara. With that said, I was very excited to try this product. The product design is the same as the original with I believe a similar if not exact wand as the original Great Lash mascara. I'm not in love with the wand choice, but I don't hate it either.

When I opened up the tube, I instantly noticed how bright the royal blue color was, which is what I was hoping for. While the color is super bright, I feel that this color did not really show on my dark brown to almost black lashes. I tried this mascara two ways; by itself and with a white based primer underneath. The primer slightly boosted the blue color but not to where people could tell several feet away. I wondered had my eyes been a different color would the mascara be able to show up?

Besides the color, the actual formula of the mascara is great! It stayed on almost all day(while I was wearing makeup) and held my lashes in place. Maybelline claims that this mascara is a lash doubling formula, which I somewhat agree with. While I don't think It gave me a lot of volume upon layering  a couple times, it did stand up to the no clumping, which I love.

Overall I like this mascara for the sole purpose of its formula, not so much the color. It just didn't work for my eyes the way I had hoped they would.
Lauren N.
Orlando, FL
Note: mascara Maybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara applied to my bottom lashes for comparison--I'm wearing falsies on the top lashes. I wanted to show what your normal lashes would be without and with the Maybelline Great Lash in Royal Blue, so I've included a photo collage of my eyes without, with 3 coats of the mascara AND an eye look for raves and festivals. I received this item complimentary from @maybelline and @influenster. Although complimentary, the review is entirely my own honest opinion. Since it was Royal Blue, I was inspired to create almost an "intergalactic-rave-festival-look." I was quite impressed with how subtle the mascara was--you would think when it says, "Royal Blue," it would leave many scared, but the Blue gets deeper and richer in color with more application, which was completely fine with me because I don't usually do bold colors, but for some people, they might not like it because they expect a crazy hint of Blue from the start. I was actually really happy with my look, and it's inspired me to go for more crazy colors. #contest #greatlashblue
kaitlyn r.
I received the Maybellines Great Lash Blue voxbox to review for free from influenster. This is what I thought.....
IM ABSOLULEY IN LOVE! At first I thought I wouldn't really like this mascara or get much use out of it since it was a colored mascara. But when I put this on, it made my eyes really pop. I have dark brown eyes so I decided to try out a new eye look trying out the mascara. I did a gold halo eye using the naked palette and applied the blue mascara on my lashes which in my opinion the blue and gold together are stunning. Not only did my eyes look beautiful but it lasted all day and there was no type of transfer what so ever. The packaging of it is the famous pink and green tube, very classic maybelline mascara packaging. I applied two coats (which for me is usually how much I use) as well as using my benefit lash primer before and the application of it was very nice and easy. The formuIa is a little bit liquidy but nothing to major. The mascara itself will not give to much volume so thats why I had used my lash primer, but it does separate and make your lashes long as well as giving you that pop of color. I highly recommend trying this out because its really cool and its always great to branch out and try new things. 5 stars! #greatlashblue #contest
Maria S.
Wilmington, DE
I received Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara #GreatLashBlue via Voxbox for testing purposes from Influenster. All opinions are solely my own!

I have thin, not so sexy lashes, so a mascara that delivers length and volume is a big issue for me. This mascara did not deliver, and I was disappointed. I do appreciate the blue color. It is not as bright as I remembered the old blue formula to be, and definitely is not as bright as some other colored mascaras, but it is fun and visible, and I did like the shade a lot. ( I am a fan of colored mascara from time to time)

The brush is spiral-shaped and doesn't have a whole lotta bristles, so you really gotta use that back-n-forth motion for separation. It is identical to the brush of the previous limited edition colors release. Even so, there is no volume boom with the formula, so your lashes won't see too much difference beyond the color. Lengthening is moderate.

I would say this is a fun, daily mascara for those who just want a cute pop of blue and don't care about all the bells and whistles that some mascaras have. However, If you can get your hands on an unopened, older limited edition go-go green one, THAT one, for some reason had way more volumizing and lengthening abilities although it was practically identical to the others.

Bottom Line: Fine for a pop of color, but spend your $$ elsewhere if you want more than that.

Skin Tone:Olive Eyes:Olive Green Lashes: Short, Thin, Straight, Boring
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.