BY MAYBELLINE

• I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?29 Answers
  • I saw influenster sending boxes of these out. Im all abou...2 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blue3 Answers
Christina G.
Great Lash mascara has been a bestselling staple product for decades, and it does have staying power. I had the opportunity to test the formula in Royal Blue for free thanks to Influenster and Maybelline.

I have used Great Lash before, and it is a reliable mascara for your drugstore makeup shopping needs. The blue color is visible clearly on the brush, which may be a little shorter than some are used to, but don't worry, apply it and wiggle it through your lashes, and it will give you separation and some lift. The blue adds a fun pop of color to the formula, which lets you apply a couple of coats before it dries.

A few things I noticed:

- The blue is fun, but never overpowering. However, as a dark brunette, this limits the way the color shows on my lashes. But this makes it infinitely more wearable in any situation. I wore mine to work, to spend time with friends, and while running errands.

When you have dark hair, you might think your only mascara options are black or brown, but nope!

- On me, the mascara color showed up best in the light and from the side. However, the lash separation, lift, and formula lasted through my day until I took my makeup off at night. I used a little setting spray on my makeup.

I am taking off one star for the difference in how much color wear you can expect from this product. Blondes and other light-haired folks will see the most payoff, but it's still fun for those of us with dark hair. Especially since it is wearable all over.

- Included in the package I received was a waterproof Unstoppable pencil liner in Onyx, which I will review separately, but it may be my new favorite drugstore pencil liner. It stays where many smudge badly.

Andrea S.
South Bend, IN
Let me start by saying this is such a fun mascara! Its a subtle blue, one that I can honestly see myself wearing frequently. I love the consistence and the lasting powers. The best part about this mascara is it is dark so inside it almost looks like my normal mascara but when I'm outside and the light hits it, you really see the blue! I will definitely be wearing this on weekends!
christina t.
Phoenix , AZ
Thank you so much influenster for my free blue mascara !! Honestly it was 50/50 for me I love the way it made my eyelashes look but I can bearly even tell that I had blue mascara on ! Maybe if I would have done a neon eyeshadow it would have looked more blue .. I will try that next time I wear it :)
Meredith S.
Louisville , KY
I am not a fan.  I should note that my eyes are green and I don't find the blue to be as complimentary for green eyes as it might be for other eye colors.  Also, the mascara made it look like I only had 7 lashes - which was weird, because it wasn't clumpy.  Maybe once it's dried out a bit, it would be better?  I doubt that I'll make it that far in trying though.
Yvette H.
Pharr, TX
Received this new little beauty in my Box and although I've never been one for colored mascara I rather enjoyed it. It's a pretty colbot blue not to bright but not to dark either. Feels light weight. Didn't weigh my lashes down. And great price if ur looking for a change.
Abbey M.
All my ladies know that not a single girl was rolling up in middle school without this mascara on, and let me say I am ecstatic it is back. The maybelline signature brush is better than ever, always providing clump free buildable lashes. The blue hue is not to shy away from, it is deeper now, and very wearable. Get yourself a mascara for the summer, this look is so on trend.
Tracey L.
Staten Island , NY
#GreatLashBlue @Influenster @Maybelline #contest. I love it to really get the blue to pop apply white mascara or I applied my elf eyeshadow primer then the great lash blue I'm so inlove makes me feel youngMaybelline Great Lash® Royal Blue Washable Mascara
Catherine M.
Rockland, MA
lMaybelline Great Lash Blue!
Be specific: discuss how you used the product and/or your testing experience.
I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.I love this blue mascara! It came Just in time for easter! Goes great with my blue eyes! @influester @maybelline #igotitfree #testing #maybelline #influenster #greatlashblue
Naylimar R.
Fort Gordon, GA
The Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara  was one of my favorite mascaras when I was in high school. I am so glad that they bring her back and better that ever. I have always loved the Royal Blue color, especially during night time with a nude makeup look. I really like the applicator and the way my lashes look. I received this product free for testing purposes.
Amber W.
Atlanta, GA
This product is great! It is not too flashy but gives your eyes and awesome color on days when you just want to wear some mascara and eyeliner. I have worn it a few days in a row and people have given we complement when they can see my eyes in the sun! I will definitely be using this this summer to draw attention to my eyes on those days when I do not want to wear a lot of make up
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Carolina G.